InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Time Warp *Revised* ❯ Chapter 6 ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kagome's POV
 
"I think we should contact Sheshomaru. He said that someone was looking for me, remember Yusuke? He said to find him when the time was right. I have the paper he gave me we'll go see him tomorrow." I proposed; this would also solve the trust issues between everyone.
 
Aki stood up and grabbed my arm.
 
"No, Sheshomaru has been busy as of late, we wouldn't want to disturb him. I talked to him recently, he is the one that helped me find you." He said. I frowned and shook my head.
 
"No, we're going, he said, I should come immediately, we'll leave tomorrow, besides you guys are well acquainted, so am I." I turned toward Kurama,
 
"We should probably get going if we want to make it to our reservations." He said to me. I blinked in confusion
 
"What reservations?" He smiled as he led me to my room,
 
"Dinner of course, my little vixen." I could tell Youko was on the surface and I grinned playfully.
 
"Then I better change, and ill meet you in thirty minutes?" He grinned as he wrapped his fingers around my hand.
 
"Yes. Hurry now, we don't want to be late." I kissed him full on the lips, before turning into my room and getting ready.
 
I went into my room and noticed Shippo had fallen asleep drawing. As I picked him up to put him in bed, I noticed his picture. In his picture, I saw Kurama, holding my hand and Shippo on my shoulder. I couldn't help but smile at the words written above it; My family.
 
I tucked him into bed, grabbed a change of clothes, and headed for the shower.
Kurama's POV -

I was standing in front of Genkai's dressed in black slacks and a button up white shirt. As I stood waiting I felt like I was being watched, I turned around to see and feel nothing besides the cool air of the night and the tall ominous trees that surrounded Genkai's temple. I summoned a single red rose, just incase.

"Kurama? Are you ok?" Kagome asked me. I smiled and nodded.

"You look lovely tonight." I whispered for only her to hear. She grinned and twirled in her midnight blue strapless dress. The dress was simple, but elegant. It flowed to her ankles and she wore dark blue heels. Around her neck she wore the silver rose pendant I gave her along with her leaf pendant.

I linked arms with her and handed her the single rose. She smiled down at the rose and then up at me, before she brought it to her nose and smelled it.

"So where are we going?" She asked me. I grinned before opening my car door and letting her in.

"A magician never reveals his secrets." I said playfully.

"Oh?" she asked "Well I see no magician, but I do see a sexy fox avatar. Perhaps he could tell me where were going?"

/Red, lets just take her home; I like that idea so much better than a restaurant./

'Relax Youko.'

"Perhaps he could, but perhaps he doesn't know." I replied to her. She laughed and locked hands with me.

"I suppose it'll be a surprise for us both then." I grinned like a fox before starting the engine.

I ended up taking her to an Italian restaurant called Lux Louseii. The dinning area was luxuriously furnished and there were only a few other couples sitting in the booths around ours.

"Hello, Reservations for Minamino." The woman's eyes widened slightly as she nodded and led us to a table. After we were seated, she handed us the menu's and scurried off to the back room.

"That was," She paused, "weird." I laughed.


The waitress soon came back followed by a man with black long hair wearing a white button up shirt with a vest over it, and a pair of black slacks.

"Hello," the man paused as the waitress left, "Old friends." I looked at the man and felt Youko's energy pulse throughout my body. I was about to respond before Kagome threw herself at him in a hug.

"Kurone!" she yelled as they embraced.

/It can't be... He died!/ Youko was freaking out within the walls of our mind.

'What the hell is going on?'

/I don't know red, lets find out how she knows him./

"Kurone, how are you alive; you died, and how do you know Kagome?" At this point my mind was spinning, and I felt myself getting dizzy.

"Relax Kurama. I'll explain it all, I guess I really did mess some things up, but it was for the better cause right?" Kagome said as she smiled reassuringly at me.

Kurone joined us at our booth.

Kagome's POV

"Well, back when I was still traveling in the past, I had a run in with Kurone, only, he was dying. So I killed the men killing him, and managed to pull him out of sight. I took him to Kaede's and she helped me heal him. Inu-Yasha was less than happy with me then, but I really didn't care. So that's how he survived." I summarized. Kurama opened his mouth, but Kurone intervened.

"After they healed me, I felt as though I owed them a debt. I helped them on their journey to defeat Naraku. But near the end of the journey, I learned of your death, and only wished you could have been saved. The only reason I knew that you were alive, is that years later, after Kagome left us, you appeared with a rather strange group requesting my assistance. I cannot tell you why, but I can give you this." he paused, handing Kurama a letter, "It's from yourself, in the future; in the past. You cannot open it yet. You'll know when the time is right." Kurone then stood

"And Youko," He paused, " I do hope we can hang out again. It won't be the same as back then, but at least we'll be together once more." with a toothy grin he looked at me.

"And you as well my dear." with a wink he turned and left.

After dinner we headed back to Genkai's shrine.

Kurama's POV

"so," I pondered, "Did you and Kurone have some sort of relationship?" I asked feeling slight jealous of the attention she had given him. Kagome laughed.

"Of course not, we were close, and friendly, but we were never in a relationship. After we defeated Naraku, he went off in search of you, but he decided to keep his non-death on the down low. That was when InuYasha betrayed us, and I left." she summarized again. I smiled as she intertwined her small cold fingers with mine.

When we arrived at Genkai's I walked her up the steps and to the door, but before I could kiss her, she had already kissed me. I smiled into the kiss as I wrapped my arms around her waist. She followed my actions by wrapping her arms around my neck. Our passionate exchange was unfortunately interrupted by a certain man coughing. I felt a growl escape my throat as he came closer.

"Did you two have a nice evening?" he asked. I felt the urge to violently rip out his throat but decided against it.

"Yes, we did." Kagome answered shortly.

"Well, you best come inside now, before you catch a cold." He urged her. But Kagome frowned,

"Father I'm a grown woman, I'll come in when I come in." She then turned to me and grinned slyly,

"I don't suppose you want to spend the night?" I flushed and grinned.

"I'd love to, koi, but I can't. I have urgent business with Koenma, I must go see him. But I'll see you tomorrow morning." I swept down and kissed her passionately once more. As we parted, Kagome's father was glaring at me.

"Goodnight, my love. Sleep well." I whispered to her. She smiled and went inside, soon followed by her father.

/Red, why did you say no? Forget Koenma. We can to that tomorrow./ I shook my head.

'No Youko, I don't want to risk her alone with him. Just incase.' Youko snorted.

/She'll be alone with him tonight./

'Youko, Genkai will be there as well. Along with Sango, Hiei, and Yukina.' youko remained silent before snorting again.

/Whatever./ I chuckled as we drove to my house.

When I got to my house, I walked in and turned on the lights only to see a note from my mother.

__________________
Suichi,

Me and your brother left to visit your grandmother, it appears she is sick. We'll be back later tomorrow. Love you dear.

Ps: There's money on the counter if you need it.
__________________


I chuckled, as If I would ever need it.

I pulled out my communicator and called for Koenma.

"Hello?"

"Hello Koenma. I need your help, can you open a portal please?" Koenma nodded,

"Of course." As soon as the screen clicked I fell through the ground.

"What can I help you with Kurama, you do know it's nearly twelve right?" I chuckled.

"I apologize, Koenma, but I need information on a man named 'Loriden' and an 'Aki Higurashi'". Koenma nodded

"I see well, I can tell you now that Aki Higurashi is the father of Kagome Higurashi, Yusuke's cousin."

"Ok, but what about Loriden?" Koenma frowned,

"We have no information of a man named Loriden."

"What about a Lance, a kitsune, he was a former leader of an organization that was against the human population. It was discovered years ago by Reikai and destroyed the only survivors were Aki and this Lance."

Koenma narrowed his eyes.

"I do know what you're talking about, the formation was called the RTP, or the Resistance to Peace. They didn't like the human race and sought to destroy it or die trying. However, The lone survivor of this group was Lance Voiere, a shadow fox demon. Aki Higurashi died along with the others. We have his soul here if you don't believe me." My eyes widened in fear.

"That's impossible; he's at Genkai's with Kagome! Koenma, open a portal now!" Koenma's eyes widened as well as he stuttered,

"Oh my, this isn't good." Suddenly a vortex appeared in front of me and I jumped in, with Koenma hot on my heels.

I arrived at the shrine and ran to the door, only to find it open,

"No…" I whispered as I ran to her room. Empty. Her bed was empty, her crinkled blankets were the only reminder that she was even there. I felt Youko surface as anger swelled up within me.

Youko's POV

I released my anger in a loud roar.

Genkai, Sango, and Hiei ran into the room, their eyes wide and alert. On the dresser was a little note.

__________________

A dream is a dream only until it is reality. My dream is almost that. It seems your dream has become a nightmare. Good luck you fool, time is not on your side.
__________________


" Everyone out." I whispered to them. They immediately cleared the room and I leapt onto her bed, inhaling the sheets, searching for her scent. I curled up on her bed and fisted the sheets. I felt hot tears sting my eyes as I clenched them shut. I let out angry breaths as I sobbed into her pillow.

'Youko this won't help her. We must find Sheshomaru.'

/We will Red, we will./

As I lifted myself up, I saw the gleam of a tiny pink jewel.
n the distance of another world, we come to find a king, gallantly writing a letter to the minor lord of the north Makai and other silly fools, trying to ingratiate themselves to him.

"Lord Sheshomaru! There are several powerful youkai and strong humans at the gates of your castle requesting your presence. They say they come in regards to Lady Kagome." The intense and sharp eyes of the said king narrowed as they landed on the servant.

"Was she with them?" he questioned. The servant stuttered and fiddled with the hem of her shirt.

"I um well.." the girl hesitated. "No my lord." Sheshomaru stood with the elegance and grace envied by many, and strolled past the servant to the hallway.

"Bring them in." he whispered in a hushed icy voice as he sauntered to his own personal room.

"Yes your highness." The servant shuffled out of the room and down the quiet hall to the gate of the castle.

"Let them in." she whispered to the guards in control of the gates. The guards stiffened and slowly opened the gate.

"My lord welcomes you to the castle of the moon. He will see you now, if you'll follow me." the servant turned and quickly led the youkai and humans to her lord.

Youko's POV-

I stood as patiently as I could, but I began to feel pressured knowing that out there somewhere, that disgusting fool of a fox had her in his grip. I felt my fists clench at my side, knowing there was nothing I could do. I lifted my hand, and stared at my open palm to the tiny pink jewel that Loriden more than likely would be disappointed to not have.

"Let them in." I heard a soft quiet voice order the guards. I looked up to see a tiny frail looking girl, obviously youkai, waiting for the gate to fully open. She was a rabbit youkai; her floppy ears sat atop her tousled white hair and her nails were duller than those of a carnivorous youkai.

The gate finally opened,

"My lord welcomes you to the castle of the moon. He will see you now, if you'll follow me." she quickly led us into the castle. Upon entering his castle doors, Sheshomaru stood in all his glory; his power rolling off him in waves. I felt his anger and confusion so I stepped forward and bowed first.

"My lord," I paused and straightened up, "Kagome has been kidnapped by a man named Loriden by the false form of her father. Before that happened, she said we should find you. My lord we are in need of your assistance." Sheshomaru stood quietly calculating the situation.

"She was kidnapped, does she have the Jewel with her?" I felt a small smirk rise but held it down. I opened my palm and allowed him to see it in my hands. His eyes narrowed and he walked forward to my palm. As he reached out to touch it, a shock ran through his body and burnt his hand. He brought his eyes from my hands to my face.

"She has placed a spell on it. It seems, she trusts you fox. She has deemed you trustworthy, therefore you have my alliance and trust. She's always been clever, I do wonder what this Loriden's reaction was when he realized she didn't have it with her." Sheshomaru turned to leave,

"Come along fox, and only you are to come." I heard Yusuke's angered yell from behind me and I glared at him. He immediately silenced.

"The rest of you will follow Amery to your temporary rooms." Said servant stepped forward and bowed. I turned and followed Lord Sheshomaru.