InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Time Warp *Revised* ❯ Chapter 7 ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kagome's POV-

"Father why?" I asked him as he sat in the corner keeping watch. He turned to me with a cold glare but ignored me. My arms were bound above me and for some reason I couldn't summon my miko energy or my youkai.

"Hello." came the slimy voice of a shadowed figure from the door.

"Who are you?" I asked with a vicious curl in my lip. The man let out a tremendous laugh, as he strolled forward into the light.

"Why, I'm your future, my dear. Not even the walls of time can keep me from what's mine. Do you remember me? From what may seem like a few months to you, has been five hundred long, long years. Imagine my surprise when I forced the answers out of an old little miko and her village whose powers didn't nearly meet mine, time traveling, eh? At first I hadn't believed them, but the more I thought about it, the more it made sense. Your sudden disappearances into that dank well." He let out another laugh at my teary eyes.

"You're a monster! What do you want with me? I don't have the jewel! Its gone!" He laughed even louder.

"I have no desire for the jewel, although that is a perk. You see, 500 years ago I witnessed the defeat of a powerful hanyou by the name of Naraku. The power that came from one miko astounded me, but I felt what lied beneath the surface of her power. Underneath this pure power was the astounding power of a silver fox youkai; how that's possible, I'll never know. When she disappeared I had wanted to destroy that insignificant hanyou she called a friend, but some dog beat me to it." He snarled. I felt myself blush,

"So wait... you… want… me?" I asked confused. Within the blink of an eye, I felt his hand reach under my chin and force me to look at him. He was straddling my hips and staring into my eyes.

"Of course." He brought his lips to mine with such passion, I felt as though I might drown in it. I thrashed around in my bindings, in hopes that I could break free, but I stopped as I felt the burn of his hand slapping my face.

"You will learn to obey or you will suffer he consequences." He said as he held my chin in his hands. I spit in his face, with my eyes ablaze in rebellion.

"I'll never give in to you, my heart has been taken by another; you'll never have me." He brought his hand up to slap me again and I flinched, prepared to take the hit. But instead of hitting me, his hand caressed my face I opened my eyes slowly to see the dark clouds of lust in his eyes.

"Such power, beauty, and a feisty attitude. How fun our future will be." with a quick kiss and a toothy grin the fox retreated through the door. I snorted at his proclamation.

"As if." I looked around my prison from the pale color of the walls to the furnishings of the room. I looked down and noticed I was on a soft bed with a black and grey quilt. The chairs in the room were furnished similarly and the carpet was a dark charcoal. The man in the corner, otherwise known as dad, stood and left after another fox youkai entered. I recognized her as Myldrid, otherwise known as Aikko.

"Hello again, milady. Master has asked me to assist you in bathing, changing and such, but first he insists you wear these." She walked closer and placed metal bands, similar to the make of the chains, on my wrists.

"What are those?" I demanded more than asked. She smiled grimly.

"They will bind your powers, milady." I narrowed my eyes.

"Tell that ridiculous man, that you call a master, that he can drop dead, I refuse to comply with his 'demands'." Aikko sighed

"I apologize milady, but you don't have much of a choice, if you don't come with me, he'll kill me. So whether you want to go or not, you will be going." she answered sadly. I nodded my head.

"Very well, unchain me." Aikko hesitantly released my chains and I rubbed my wrists,

"Where is the bathing area?" I questioned her. She silently motioned me to follow her. We arrived at a door and in it I could smell the fresh warm water flowing. I sighed and entered the room. I looked around and it seemed forested, but I could tell that there were walls around the forest, I wouldn't get very far without any abilities. On the edge of the spring was soap and shampoo. I scoffed and began to strip my clothes off.

Youko's POV-

"Fox," Sheshomaru paused, "What are your intentions with this Sheshomaru's imouto?" I felt myself flush.

"I um well…" I paused, I hadn't been expecting that question. "I am courting her." I answered nervously. Sheshomaru narrowed his eyes,

"Is that so?" he questioned slightly displeased. I felt anger rise within me as he doubted me. I straightened my back and let my aura flare and surround my person.

"With all due respect my lord; I love her, and I have no intention of loosing her. You look down on me, but you know nothing of my power, my love, or of who I am. Up until now, I knew nothing of your relation to her, and had I, I would have sought your permission first. But as of now, I don't need you doubting me and questioning me, whilst she is out there with that vile creature. The matter of why I am here is to gain you assistance to find her, but if you are only going to scrutinize me, then I will leave and find her on my own." Sheshomaru remained silent as he stared icily into my eyes. He suddenly let a small smirk show through his façade and he lifted his chin.

"You have passed this Sheshomaru's test; you have proven to be trustworthy enough and you have the guts to stand up to me. Its really no surprise she chose you." Sheshomaru turned from him and into a door that undoubtedly lead to his office. I felt surprise fill me body and I'm sure it showed.

"This Sheshomaru refuses to allow her to be hurt again. As far as gaining my assistance, I must insist that we go over what we know in all." He looked over to a dog youkai who stood by the door,

"Fetch the other detectives, would you?" He asked. The youkai nodded and walked quickly out the door. I pulled out the note he gave me and handed it to him.

_____________

A dream is a dream only until it is reality. My dream is almost that. It seems your dream has become a nightmare. Good luck you fool, time is not on your side.
_____________

Sheshomaru read the note and then looked up to me with a irritated look.

"It is a riddle. This youkai has always spoken in riddles, when I first met him, after destroying my idiot of a brother he asked me who she was, I supplied no answer, he tried to force it out of me, but he remained no match for me." I nodded, so what does it mean. Sheshomaru gave me mocking look.

"I assume that a fox who likes puzzles so much would be able to figure it out." he mocked. I narrowed my eyes and took the paper.

"Dreams." I looked at his eyes for an answer and saw they held amusement,

"Go on." my eyebrow shot up in surprise.

"The dream realm?" Sheshomaru nodded, we sat in silence thinking. A knock on the door broke the silence.

"Come in, detectives." Sheshomaru ordered. They slipped into the room silently and sat down.
Sheshomaru's POV

“Detectives,” I paused as they quietly sat themselves, “do you know of the dream realm?” Hiei's eyebrows shot up in surprise, but Yusuke and Kuwabara remained silent and confused. Kurama spoke up.

“We, Lord Sheshomaru and I, believe she is being held within the dream realm.” Yusuke snorted.

“Everyone dreams, shouldn't they all have a dream realm, we'd have to be getting into his dreams.” Hiei scoffed.

“Imbecile, beyond an individual dream is the dream realm, and that is like another world. The dream realm is almost impossible to breach, and it is run by shadow foxes. Shadow foxes have the ability to control dreams and the time span in these dreams.” Yusuke and Kuwabara both looked surprised and I held in a chuckle.

“There are rules to the dream realm that must be considered before jumping into the fray. First, the only way into the realm is portal; you may have to ask Reikai for assistance. If that fails, I could introduce you to a friend of mine. Secondly, when you go into the realm, you're in the form of your soul, or in Kurama's case souls. If you should die, you cannot be revived because your soul will be immediately obliterated and it will fade away.” I paused letting the information sink in.

“Lastly, time is nonexistent in the dream realm. Ten minutes could pass here, and be three years for those in the dream realm. It all depends on the dreamer who rules the realm.” I felt the mixed emotions coming from the group, but ignored them.

“Any questions?”  I asked them. Yusuke stood indignantly,

“That isn't fair! He could be doing god knows what to her while we sit here. It's been three days here; she could be twenty years older or dead by now!”

Kurama growled at him precariously,

“She isn't dead; I won't allow her to die!” He quickly turned and strolled out of the room.

“Detective, it is unwise to say that. Your mixed emotions are causing his to come out. You all need to calm down or you will be unable to save her. She is alive, I know this because 500 years ago, he asked me who she was, and it was obvious he wants her for more than power. You know as well as I know that a youkai cannot mate another without his or her consent. Besides,” I paused with a sly smirk, “Your fox friend already has a claim on her.”

Underneath his human flesh, the soul of a silver fox could be heard viciously howling and pressing to get out. The anger that rolled off his body echoed with pain and fear. It is unwise to steal from a thief, especially one as renowned as him. He would get her back; it was only a matter of time. There was no way to stop this thief, Loriden would learn.

Kagome's POV

It had been three days, three long, endless days with that irritating, endlessly redundant fox. Although, his reaction to the missing jewel was beyond hilarious, it still didn't make being here any better. I sat on my bed and glared at the bracelets on my wrists with distaste.  

“Stupid bracelets.” I murmured silently.

“I could take them off of you, if you wanted, but you'd have to promise to be a good little girl,” spoke the disgustingly sly voice of Loriden. I snorted,

“In your dreams.” Loriden grinned as he came closer.

“Yes, in my dreams indeed. You could mold my dreams into a reality.” He whispered in my ear. I snorted again.

“As if! Let's keep those desires to your dreams only.” He laughed and threw me on the bed.

“Insolent little girl. You do not understand yet do you? We are in my dreams now. I don't need the jewel to have more power, you are all I need.” He yelled before putting his lips on mine. I let out a strangled cry as I tried to throw him off of me. Shadows came out of the crevices in the dimly lit room and began to hold me down. He pulled away with a toothy grin.

“There is no way to stop me. I will have you.” His hands slowly slid up my shirt as I wiggled around. His hand reached higher and higher until it was shocked by the silver rose pendant. He growled in resentment.

“You are being courted.” He whispered, irritation rolling off of him in waves. He stood indifferently.

“It matters not, court marks only last for so long, and once he gives up hope of finding you, you'll be all mine.” The shadows receded into the crevices from which they came and Loriden slowly strolled out of the room, his long black hair swaying slightly.  I let out a laugh before he passed through the door.

“He'll never give up on me.” I whispered, knowing well enough that he would hear me. He paused and looked back.

“Not if he's dead.” Fear arose from the depth of my stomach and mind.

“No! You can't, please. I love him!” I beseeched. He turned and strode to my standing form.

“There is only one way for you to save him.” He whispered. I shivered as his whisper reached my ears.

“All you have to do is remove his courting gift and end his courting process by denying him. I will link you to me, and I promise I will not harm a hair on his head.” I felt tears slide from my eyes and closed them tightly. I opened them and looked into Loriden's dark violet eyes.

“I will do it. How do I end the courting process?” He grinned from ear to ear.

“For starters, remove the pendant. I will leave and return shortly with a potion that will end the courting process and bind you to me, forever.” I cringed as he turned and left the room. `Damn.'

In tears, I brought my hands up to the pendant and stroked it tenderly.

“I love you Kurama, I always will. Please don't forget me.” I slowly unhooked the chain and pulled it from my neck. I set the pendant down on the night stand, and curled up to the pillow as I sobbed.

Kurama's POV

I was sitting at the table with Sheshomaru, discussing when we were to make our move.

“We go tomorrow.” He decided. I nodded respectfully and stood. I was about to leave before I felt Kagome's presence and heard her voice.

“I love you Kurama, I always will. Please don't forget me.” I heard her sorrowful whisper. I felt all connections from me to her vanish. I turned to Sheshomaru as pain pushed down on my chest. I crumbled to the ground and tears rose from the corners of my eyes.

“She has denied my courting.” I whispered, as my fisted hand rose over my heart. Sheshomaru narrowed his eyes.

“He must have tricked her. Come, we must prepare for tomorrow and warn everyone else.” Sheshomaru walked silently out of the room as I struggled to stand. I walked out to the balcony and stared sadly at the stars, before I whispered to the wind.


“I love you too Kagome. I'll find you.”