InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Urban Legends: The Covered Bridge ❯ Chapter one ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

IcedFireRose: Hey, it's Icey again! And this time, I'm bringing ya something a little out of the ordinary for my readers…a suspense/romance/comedy!!! And who knows, since I'm a co-writer, I might be able to sneak a lil hentai in there for my wonderful readers! With me, I've got my co-writer, Misuteri.

Misuteri: Though I'm a newbie at this fanfics stuff and my first story isn't anywhere near complete, with Icey at my side I'm sure we'll turn out a killer story (no puns intended!). Get ready for a spooky adventure you won't soon forget! (She's even going to be correcting my typing errors).

IcedFireRose: Now that that's done….Here comes Urban Legends: The Covered Bridge!!!

Disclaimer: Neither Misuteri nor I own Urban Legends, YuYu Hakusho, The Alph Alphas or Inuyasha, so no suing, flaming or maiming! (if we receive any flames, they will be used to light the ovens that make our evil pocky [which will be sent to the flamers!]) Now that that's out of the way…..

We trudged down the muddy path and neither of us had said a word for the last half a mile, our uncertainty mounting as we traveled the leaf-fallen trail. Not being able to stand the silence any longer, Liluye spoke.

"This forest is creepy! Like Texas Chainsaw creepy. Why are we doing this again?"

"We wanted to be in the Alph Alpha Sorority, right?"

"And why did we want to be in the Alph Alphas?"

"It's a volunteer sorority, so it helps others. Not to mention that it's a sorority, so we'll be popular." I replied.

"But Sitara, what does that have to do with going to that freaky old bridge?"

I sighed. "Well, to get into the Alph Alphas, we've gotta finish our initiation by taking a picture inside the bridge. If we don't do this, we'll be forever scorned and ridiculed by not only our peers, but also that horrible bitch, Britney Worthington!"

"Spear Britney and bring on the scorn and ridicule! I can handle it more than I can handle going to that bridge."

"You're a chicken, Liluye. C'mon, at least we're doing this together." I reasoned, making sounds similar to a chicken. At this, Liluye began moving about with her elbows out as wings and clucking in chorus with me, turning around and moving away from the bridge. A few moments later, I realized that I was standing there alone and ran back to get Liluye, dragging her by the back of her hoodie and listening to her grumbles.

"But it's getting dark! Shouldn't we get back? I should really be working on a paper for-" Liluye said before I cut her off.

"Lil! We're doing it now and getting it over with and that's final!" I said, using my iron grip on her hoodie to move her along with me. "After all, it's just one picture and we can blitz outta there as soon as we take it."

"But-But I left the oven on!"

I stood there, staring at my friend, wondering about her sanity. "Liluye, you don't have an oven."

"Yes I do. My easy-bake oven that I got yesterday!" This earned her another mind-numbing stare and a few blinks from me.

"I can't believe you. You're trying to ditch me for an EASY BAKE OVEN!!!!" I screamed, listening to my last words echo through the trees.

"But I don't wanna burn the dorm down." She said in her most pathetic voice.

Used to this from her, I tugged harder on the black fabric that was sewn around her and continued to walk. "C'mon Lil, we're almost there!" I pointed to a dark shadow that loomed at us from down the path.

Liluye took one look at the bridge ahead and began to fight back even harder, frantically yelling every excuse she could think of. "I have to pee! I just remembered I have to attend the opening of my garage door! I can't miss it! My car got all dressed up and everything! I have to feed my dog! I didn't let the cat out!"

I simply ignored her, mentally taking note of each excuse as she said them and reminding myself to use some of them to get out of random occasions. Finally, she broke down and collapsed onto the ground, dragging my arm down with her, begging and pleading for us to turn around and go home. "But I don't wanna go! DON'T MAKE ME GO IN THERE!!!!"

"C'mon….Think of Andy….what would he say if he saw you being such a baby?"

She paused for a moment. "He would say I'm a big baby and he'd never go out with me." She paused again, finding her backbone again and standing with her fist clenched in front of her. "I'm not a wimp! I can do this! Let's go!" And the next thing I know, she's dragging me down the path towards the ominous-looking structure.

After a few moments that felt like hours in torture, we were standing before the covered bridge we'd heard so much about. I stiffened my resolve and quickly gave Lil a reassuring glance as we walked up to the miner's cross that served to close off the opening of the structure. Suddenly, everything I'd ever heard about this place came flooding into my mind……

IcedFireRose: Okay, Kids, Read, Review and come back soon for the next installment!

Misuteri: Meanie! Why'd you give them a Cliffhanger?

IcedFireRose: So they'll come back, silly!

Misuteri: But they will come if the story's any good (cowers as Icey picks up her

shoe), it is... it is a good story. Please don't hurt me, its ok you can have your cliffhanger as long as we get reviews.

IcedFireRose: okay…you heard her, kids….review so I can keep my cliffie!