InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Wild Blue Roses ❯ The Shadow Tiger ( Chapter 1 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter One: The Shadow Tiger
 
 
 
“InuYasha!”
 
A soft call issued from the grassy glade near the well where the pessimistic hanyou awaited the human Miko, Kagome Higurashi. The caller was a Shadow Tiger/Fox Demon mix; not pure in many ways, but far more powerful than Naraku himself. The she-fox was not in heat, and had no apparent reason to call the dog demon from his post, but it was not the hanyou she was interested in. `Twas InuYasha's elder brother, Sesshomaru, that interested the fox and her interest was so much more than for professional reasons.
The unwise dog demon answered the sweet melodic call with a harsh growl that issued from the base of his throat. None the less, he was never one to back down from a challenge. He bounded off toward the knoll where the keen fox sat. Her ears were flattened against her head and she sat very much like a hungry fox would; with her tail wrapped around her hands and feet. InuYasha bounded straight into her trap.
The human world cargo net did its job perfectly; it scooped up the unwitting InuYasha in one try. Now all the cunning fox needed was the “baka miko” and her stage would be set, if she could keep Yoko Kurama away for a few more hours. The task Kurone had been given, however, would keep them both busy for many more hours than she needed.
“Coward!” InuYasha spat.
“Baka hanyou, silence, or I will slit your throat!”
The dog demon whimpered slightly at the sight of the glistening blade in the warm summer sun.
The fox's name was Kiena, and she had one thing on her mind; Sesshomaru. Kiena was silent during her passage from the glade to the well, and that silence served her well. Kagome leapt from the well without so much as a hint as to what was about to happen.
“How's it hangin', miko?” Kiena whispered coldly in Kagome's ear as she pressed the sun warmed steel against the miko's flesh.
Kagome went rigid as the blade touched her neck.
“Sesshie will come for me, and he will defeat you,” Kagome growled.
“Oh, counting on your lover's faith, are we? Don't be so sure that I can not take him. I did just capture the world's feistiest hanyou and the most powerful miko in this realm with a single fell swoop, did I not?”
“You will drop the woman now, Kiena. This has nothing to do with her,” Sesshomaru growled coldly, but there was fear behind his eyes.
“Oh, my dear, dear brother, Kagome Higurashi has everything to do with this. After all, she led me to you.”
“Whatever you want, I will give it to you,” Sesshomaru whimpered.
“What happened to the proud dog lord? Anyway, I need one last job out of you, or Kurama's going to burn that village down there to the ground. Refuse me and I slit the wench's throat.”
Sesshomaru's throat clenched and he nodded. Kiena dropped the miko priestess to the grass and walked to her brother.
“Co-operation isn't that hard, is it now?” she said.
Sesshomaru glared at her but followed obediently as Kiena began towards the village far below.
That started it all…