InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Royal Birth: Sequel to His Little Girl ❯ SIT! ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
Toga looked at his snarling son. He felt much the same way, but it was different, to him it was his daughter that had been hurt, to his son it was his mate.
 
“Let's go see Kagome first, and then will deal with them,” Toga said referring to Loki and her daughters. “Your mother was the only good one among them; it's still surprising how well she managed to come out in spite of their influence.”
 
“Yes,” Sesshoumaru said as his ferocious snarling died down to a barely audible but dangerous growl. “I want to see my mate.”
 
Toga and Sesshoumaru both made their way outside the castle, father and son both gathering the youki about them and traveling as small balls of light, their fastest mode of travel besides the speed they could accomplish in their inu forms. It took them only an hour to reach Koga's cave and were bidden immediate entrance inside. What they heard stopped them both cold.
 
“Kouga I-”
 
“No Kagome. I guess I just don't really understand this. You've always been the strong one, the one with the fiery temper. Ever since that day though, that day that I found you when you were pregnant, you've cowered like a hurt animal. What happened? Where's the Kagome I know and love? What happened to her?”
 
Toga and his son neared where the wolf prince and the girl were, keeping their youki hidden so as not to be noticed by either before they were ready to be. Both Sesshoumaru and his father wanted to hear this, wanted an answer. From what Toga had learned from both his sons, Kagome was the one who would `sit; his son, whatever that meant, into the ground for his foul temper but hadn't used her power over him ever since she'd been originally hurt. Neither of his sons were willing to tell him how she had been hurt though and that he found to be perhaps the most disturbing thing.
 
“I…I thought I'd dealt with it…with what Hojou had done to me…I thought if I ignored what happened than it would just go away. But almost every night I have dreams about it.” Kagome was sitting on her knees on the pile of furs that she'd slept on and her face covered her hands that were damp and dripping with her tears. “It happens all over again.”
 
“”Why doesn't anyone else know?” the wolf asked his face a mask of horror and concern.
 
Kagome gave a humorless laugh. “Because I've gotten good at hiding it. It was easier to take care of everyone else and not have to worry about what had happened to me. As long as I was around someone else I never had to worry.”
 
“You're not afraid of other males though…”
 
“No,” she laughed with a distinct lack of humor. “I'm afraid of being alone. Both times he raped me happened when I was alone, and it only comes to haunt me when I'm alone. There's no one there to take care of or to focus on when I'm alone and all the fear comes to the front again. Maika told me once that she didn't want to see me be afraid to be alone, but I am. I'm afraid of whatever it was that made him think it was ok to rape me. Did I do something? Did I lead him on? I just…I don't understand…”
 
Kouga pulled Kagome into his arms and held her on his lap as he rocked her against his chest and stroked her hair. “It was nothing you did sister. Rape isn't about love or blame or leading anyone on. Rape is about power and control and torture both physical and mental. The man who attacked you, you said he was your friend at one time and that he always asked to court you but you always turned him away.” She murmured a sound of acquiescence against his fur covered shoulder. “What he did Kagome, that wasn't about love that was about power. He wanted to make you submit to him, he wanted to break you, and he did. You broke Kagome. You lost your strength, just like Inuyasha did. Are you willing to end up like him?” he asked and pointed to where Inuyasha lay on the floor of the cave staring into space, his eyes vacant and his body unmoving. “Do you want to be so lost inside yourself that you don't move, don't eat, don't even sleep or anything?”
 
“No,” she said her voice shaking as she felt a spark of fire ignite inside of her. “No…no I'm strong damnit. I don't break. Everything just rolls off me and I smile about it.”
 
“Yeah?” Kouga asked hating to be harsh but knowing it had to be done, father and son knowing it must be done too made no move to stop him. “You're strong huh? Don't look like it to me. The way you are now any youkai could take you down, Naraku's incarnations or not. You've got no more strength than that pup,” he said pointing to Inuyasha newborn lying in a mass of furs.
 
“I'm strong damnit!” she shouted as she rose to her feet.
 
“Keh! Sure you are bitch!” he said mimicking Inuyasha. “You're about as useless as a damn stick in a swordfight!”
 
“SIT!” she yelled and suddenly they all heard the tell tale thump followed by a low growl. “I am not weak! I am strong! Damnit I'm the Lady of the Western Lands! I'm the miko that WILL bring down Naraku! I'm not Kikyou's reincarnation! I AM KA-GO-ME!” she yelled at Kouga and was surprised when the wolf suddenly took her into his arms and spun about with her.
 
“Yes you are!” he said laughing joyously. “Yes you are, my Kagome's back.”
 
“Damnit you had to remind her of that particular word didn't you, you mangy flea-bitten - oomph!”
 
Kagome slammed full body into the standing Inuyasha, knocking back down to the furs he had previously been laying on, Kagome sprawled on his chest. She was hugging him tightly about the neck, nearly strangling him as she laughed and cried at the same time.
 
“You're ok! Inuyasha you're ok!” she giggled happily and gasped painfully when his hand touched her injured side.
 
Inuyasha put his hands on the girl's shoulders and pushed her away from him and cursed rather loudly when he saw her injured face.
 
“Damnit who the hell did that to you Kagome?” he growled low and dangerously.
 
“Some bitch named Loki,” Kagome said and then her eyes flew wide and she slapped a hand over her mouth.
 
Inuyasha began chortling then it grew into a full belly laugh, the girl bouncing on his chest as his father, brother and the friend he had in Kouga came over to stand over them.
 
“That's my word wench!” he laughed at her.
 
“I'd `it you but I think you'd squish me,” she said as she laughed along with him.
 
“So you're finally back huh…and leakin' all over me too,” he groused.
 
“What?” she asked and looked down at their chests, sure enough the milk had begun to leak during her impromptu tackle and was no soaking through her kimono and into his haori. “Oh no! Damnit!” she said and sat up straddling his hips as she tried in vain to stop the milk from flowing out.
 
Not think of those around her and only of her escaping milk, Kagome had opened her kimono and pushed down her breast binder, trying in vain to hold her hands over her leakin nipples as though it would keep the milk inside her breasts. The milk puddled in her hands and flowed through her fingers and down her hands.
 
“Damnit, stop doing that!” she growled at her breast which Inuyasha found highly amusing. “Make it stop!” Kagome yelled at Inuyasha and the hanyou did the only thing he could think of.
 
Inuyasha sat up, his hand supporting him and took a nipple in his mouth sucking out the milk and drinking it down. He had to admit, after not eating in however long it had been, Kagome's milk tasted damn fine. Kouga snorted a laugh as he turned and brought the newborn over to Kagome so that she could put the infant, who actually needed the milk she made, to her other breast before all the milk escaped or was sucked up by a greedy hanyou.
 
“Hey,” Inuyasha said in wonder as he pulled away from her now empty breast. “That's my pup,” he said as stroked his daughter's feather fine white hair, watching as her black ears twitched and swiveled. One ear kept flicking rapidly and he brought his hand to it and gently scratched at its base watching as the flicking stopped and listening as the tiny pup purred. “My little Makia.”
 
“Makia?” Kagome asked as she handed the well fed pup to her father to burp.
 
“Yeah, Maika and I decided on it a few weeks ago, well a few weeks before her birth.” Inuyasha kissed his pups' head after burping her.
 
“Inuyasha?” Kagome said and the hanyou looked at her and then his eyes widened and his head snapped up as he finally noticed his father and brother standing behind Kagome. “What? What is it?” she asked and turned her head to see what he had seen.
 
Toga and Sesshoumaru took the cue that she unconsciously gave them and the two moved to sit on either side of them, forming an awkward circle. Toga leaned forward and, taking Inuyasha's face in his hands, kissed his son's brow.
 
“Hello my son.”
 
“Hey old man,” Inuyasha greeted back and the elder youkai gave a lopsided smile as he chuckled at his son's choice of title for him.
 
“Inuyasha,” Sesshoumaru said and his brother looked at him. “Why did you leave?”
 
“…I was holding Makia outside…I heard voices, female voices…they thought they were too far away too be heard I guess…They called me a disgrace which is nothing new…but…they said I was nothing more than a wild animal and that…they wondered if I would eat my pup like some wild animal males do…or if…they said if I…they said she would know how worthless she was….” Tears began to fall from Inuyasha's eyes, no one ever knowing just how deep is hurt from all the villagers and name calling had gone until now. “They said that by being her father, that I … that I would be the cause of her death…that it was a blessing Maika had died so that now she wouldn't know the shame of bearing a hanyou child…” Inuyasha looked incredibly vulnerable as he looked up at his father. “Is that how you and mother felt? Was I a shame?”
 
Toga snatched his son up in his arms quickly, being mindful of the spiked metal covering his arms and held him tight against his armored chest, he and his son having donned their armor before leaving the castle.
 
“You were Never a shame! We loved you so much!” Toga said into his son's hair as he held his precious boy to him. “I love you so much,” his father whispered to him as he held Inuyasha to him as the boy's body began to shake with tears that he had held in too long.
 
Inuyasha cried for the loss of his mate, for the little boy that had been beaten by villagers and called worthless, he cried for the pup that his grandfather had tried to drown twice, for the time that the old human man had tried to cut off his ears. He cried for the times that he watched his grandfather beat his mother for trying to protect him. All the while he cried, he held his pup in his arms as his father held him in much the same way. Three generations of inuyoukai and inuhanyou sat in each others arms as they shed tears, one of regret, one of the harshness of his life and the other because she was frightened and didn't understand what was going on and why her father was crying.
 
It was a while before Inuyasha stopped crying, his father's tears not lasting as long as his had. Inuyasha looked down at his daughter wrapped up and dressed in the furs that Kouga had dressed her in. The hanyou wiped his eyes and then looked from his daughter to his friend.
 
“You wouldn't - you wouldn't have any other clothes for her would you?” Inuyasha asked Kouga as he returned to himself and looked at his friend's pup.
 
“You mean something else or-?”
 
“More furs?” Inuyasha asked and a smile grew on Kouga's face.
 
“A daughter of yours, she gonna need furs, gonna ruin everything else you put her in. Just bring her back to visit ok? It's been a while since we've had pups in the pack.”
 
Inuyasha nodded and it was then they heard a loud violent curse come from within the fur curtained area of the cave kept for Kouga and his mate to have privacy.
 
“Kouga you son of a bitch get in here!” Ayame called her voice somewhere between anger and pain.
 
“Ayame?” Kouga called worriedly as he rose from his seat on the floor.
 
“Aaah!” she cried and Kouga rushed in Sesshoumaru behind him worried that there was a threat to her.
 
What they found stopped them both in their tracks. There stood Ayame leaning against the wall, the furs beneath her feet wet with birth water. Kouga's eyes were wide and he was frozen to the spot. Sure he wanted pups, but this was the first that he'd been present during a birth. Sesshoumaru reached over and slapped the wolf upside the head.
 
“What?” Kouga said as he broke out his shock induced trance. “Kagome!” Kouga called for the only female in range.
 
Kagome's brow furrowed in confusion and she rose off the pile of furs with Toga and Inuyasha's help. The girl ran into the room and saw what was going on and laughed at the panic on Kouga's face.
 
“Out,” she said as she pushed both males out of the room and then looked over to where Toga and Inuyasha stood. “Inuyasha give Makia to Pappa and come in here.”
 
“Why me?” Inuyasha asked as he looked at Kagome, the smell of the birth water assaulting his sensitive nose.
 
“Because I said so! I don't have time to `it you so get in here!” Kagome growled at him and Inuyasha passed his daughter quickly to his father and got into the room, a respectable fear of Kagome now that she remembered about the sit command.
 
“What is it you want with me anyway?” he asked as he came into the room and dropped the hanging furs into place shielding the room from view.
 
“Mamma said that you were there when she had the brothers,” Kagome said referring to the triplets.
 
“Yeah so?” Inuyasha asked as Kagome guided him over to Ayame who was now lying upon the furs.
 
“I need you to do for Ayame what you did for Mamma. Sit behind her and help her push the pup out, it's gonna be harder because Kouga said she hasn't been sleeping well and she's already exhausted.”
 
“Hey mutt,” Ayame said affectionately, her voice no more than an exhausted whisper.
 
“Hey princess,” he said back and she gave a weak smile. “Damn you really are tired aren't you?”
 
“Y-yes,” she said and Inuyasha stared at her ghostly pale face.
 
“We'll be right back Ayame, lie still,” Inuyasha said and pulled Kagome aside. “Is she gonna make it? Will she survive the birth?”
 
“Maybe,” Kagome said as she looked back upon the weak wolf woman. “But only if you help me. She's too tired to transform into her wolf form so she has to birth the pup as she is.”
 
“That's how most youkai birth their pups Kagome, like this, like humans do.”
 
“I know but it would be easier if she were in her wolf form…Inuyasha, the pup's breech.”
 
“Breech?”
 
“The pup didn't turn. Its head didn't crown, its bottom did.”
 
“You mean the pup's gonna be born backwards?”
 
“Yes.”
 
“Hold on.” Inuyasha moved to the fur and pushed a flap aside. “Old man, we need ya,” he said and Toga rose from where he was seated and handed Makia off to Kouga. “Take care of my pup wolf,” Inuyasha growled at Kouga and the wolf prince nodded.
 
“Inuyasha?” Toga said as he came into the room, the furs falling back in to place behind him.
 
“The pups' gonna be born backwards.”
 
“Damn.”
 
Inuyasha moved back into place behind Ayame, moving the girl to sit against his back as he rested his hands on either side of her distended abdomen. Toga moved to Kagome's side the worried frown on his face matching the one Kagome bore.
 
“Daughter, what is it you need me to do?” he asked Kagome.
 
“Keep Ayame calm and awake while I try to get her to birth this pup.”
 
Toga nodded and together they moved to the woman's side, Kagome between Ayame's legs and Toga sitting beside Ayame in a position that allowed him to focus on both women. Kagome spoke calmly to Ayame, explaining the situation to her. Ayame knew what it meant for a pup to be born so and began to cry as her breathing grew ragged.
 
“You need to stay calm wolf princess,” Toga said as he took the woman's hands.
 
“But the pup,” she cried and tired to move only to have both Toga and Inuyasha hold her still.
 
“Kagome is doing everything she can to help make certain that both you and the pup are safe. Now you just need to remain calm,” Toga assured the exhausted Ayame.
 
“Ayame,” Kagome said gently and waited for the girl to look at her. “This is gonna hurt a lot, I won't lie to you. But I need you to focus. Take their hands,” she waited until Ayame did so, “squeeze them as tightly as you need to with the pain ok? Now on the next contraction I need you to push, push hard and steady ok?” Ayame nodded and Kagome concentrated on the tiny buttocks that was emerging from the birth canal. “Inuyasha when she pushes I need you to push against this side,” Kagome placed her hand on the spot where Inuyasha's hand would push. “Gently push toward the other side and down ok?”
 
“Yeah,” Inuyasha said and placed his hand where Kagome's had been, the other hand held in Ayame's.
 
“Now Ayame!” Kagome instructed as the contraction ripped through the woman.
 
“Rrrggg,” Ayame growled with the pain as she pushed hard and steady and Inuyasha helped as much as he could without harming wither mother or child.
 
“Come on, that's it,” Kagome cheered softly and gently. “Damnit she whispered as the buttocks of the pup inside made it just an inch or two more out of Ayame before she collapsed against Inuyasha and lay panting as she waited for the next contraction to come. “I need you to do the same thing with the next contraction Ayame.”
 
“It hurts,” the woman panted as tears fell slowly from her eyes; she had never felt pain like this before.
 
“I know honey, I know,” Kagome said softly and looked to Toga. Motioning for Toga to move closer, Kagome waited until his face was next to hers before she spoke in a bare whisper to him. “The pup's skin is cold, it's still born.”
 
“No,” he said sadly and nodded knowing that he had even more work to do with Ayame. “Ok little mother,” Toga said with a gentle, but sad smile. “Time for you to push again.”
 
It was four hours of hard labor before the pup was born, the child never taking a breath, having died in the womb. Ayame cried hard her spirit calling out for her dead pup that would never know life.
 
“Ayame,” Kagome said nearly half an hour after the dead pup had been born. “I see a head.”
 
The possibility of a living pup gave Ayame new hope and she began to push in earnest when Kagome instructed her to. It was another two hours before this pup was born, the after birth coming soon after. The male was big, far bigger than his dead brother, weighing nearly nine pounds Kagome would have guessed and being nearly two feet long. Kagome smiled as she gave the crying and squirming pup to his mother.
 
“He's a big one Ayame, and he's healthy,” Kagome smiled at the woman and Ayame laughed happily as she held her son in her arms.
 
“Hey there big fella,” Ayame greeted her son.
 
“Ayame,” Kagome said her voice sad. “What about the other one. What do you want done with him?”
 
“Kouga and I will bury him by the river; it is after all where they were conceived.”
 
Kagome nodded and moved to the furs to bid Kouga inside, Sesshoumaru left with three squirming and two bouncing pups. Kagome exited soon after Kouga had walked in and she sat down by her mate exhausted and yawned as she leaned against his shoulder. Sesshoumaru smiled softly upon his mate and wrapped his arm around her, drawing her into his side, her head resting on his armored chest.
 
“Sakura has been an angel throughout this all. Zousataro however has lived up to his name.”
 
Kagome pulled back and looked at her mate in disbelief. “You did not just call him that?” she nearly shouted.
 
“It is his name.” Sesshoumaru looked at his mate, a smile lighting his eyes at the fire that he saw in hers.
 
“No it is not! You did not name our son that!” she nearly shouted at him.
 
“Yes it is. What is wrong with the name I have given him?” he asked innocently.
 
“You cannot name our son that! You cannot call him that!” she nearly growled as Toga, Inuyasha and Kouga stepped out of the room leaving the sleeping mother and infant to sleep as they were drawn in by the shouts.
 
“Why not?” he asked innocently enough.
 
“Sesshoumaru you mutt, you cannot name our son First Born Trouble!” Kagome growled and Inuyasha howled in laughter as he nearly fell to his knees in gales of humor.
 
“Sesshoumaru,” his father admonished while trying not to laugh. “Tell me you did not name my grandson that. Tell me you did not name him Zousataro.”
 
“I did,” Sesshoumaru stated proudly.
 
“And I thought the mutt's pup was gonna be a handful. The all mighty Lord of the Western Lands just cursed himself!” Kouga said as he began to laugh alongside Inuyasha. The wolf couldn't remember laughing so hard in a long time.
 
Rin and Shippou looked back and forth between the laughing adults, more concerned with the marks Kagome sported on her face than anything else.
 
“Mamma,” Rin said and Kagome focused the little hanyou girl by her side. “Why are you hurt?”
 
“Someone didn't like me,” Kagome said thinking it to be the easiest answer to give the child.
 
“Someone that I will deal with personally upon my return,” Sesshoumaru growled low. “She had no right to hurt you.”
 
“Wait a female did this?” Kouga asked as he came forth.
 
“Yes…”
 
“You know who she is,” Kouga accused.
 
“Yes.”
 
“Who?”
 
“Loki,” he snarled his eyes beginning to burn red at the reminder.
 
“Loki,” Kouga said as he rolled the name over in his mind. “Wait a minute… Loki as in Lady Loki as in your grandmother!” the wolf said shocked.
 
“This surprises you wolf. She is the same one in fact that tried to kill Izayoi when father brought her to the castle.”
 
“She tried to Kill her?!” Toga snarled.
 
“I thought you knew, I thought for sure that she would have told you.” Sesshoumaru looked on his father in confusion as the red glow in his eyes died down. Hadn't Izayoi told him?
 
“She never told me a damn thing about that. When was this?”
 
“She was just beginning to show with the pup she held inside while pregnant with Inuyasha.”
 
Toga began growling fiercely as his eyes turned red, though his form did not change. “I think I know exactly who is working with my brother.”