InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Royal Birth: Sequel to His Little Girl ❯ Betrayal of blood ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
“They are all gone Maito!” Shrika, Sesshoumaru's youngest aunt said joyously as she danced around, spinning in wide circles in the great hall. “The castle is all ours as it rightfully should be. That fool nephew of mine doesn't stand a chance against my handsome lover.”
 
“It sickens me that you willingly lie with that disgusting half-breed. You lower yourself girl,” the inuyoukai snarled in disgust as he watched the young fool dancing in the hall.
 
“Out of my way you stupid girl!” Shrika said as she kicked Shinta's daughter aside, sending the docile rabbit youkai flying into the wall to crash painfully into the stone wall and fall hard to the floor, blacking out as she tried to lift herself off the floor. “Rabbits always were the weaker youkai, animal as well. My lover fed me rabbit youkai the other night before we all arrived here. Pity it was just a pup though, although it did make the meat far more tender, but there wasn't much of it.”
 
“You have eaten pup meat?!” Maito said truly disgusted and enraged at the same time. Youkai or animal or not, pup meat was not to be eaten.
 
“Sure did,” she said as she stopped her spinning and looked at the elder inuyoukai with a giggle. “Damn thing kept screeching as my lover skinned it so I finally just ripped out its throat; stupid screams were giving me a headache anyway.”
 
“Why do you refuse to speak your lover's name Shrika?” he asked as he pushed himself away from the wall he'd been leaning against.
 
“I don't refuse to speak it Maito. It's just that no one's asked me and all seem to know his name anyhow so what point is there in speaking it?” she asked with a shrug as she moved over to the girl's side and knelt down as she sniffed at her. A rather frightening but also frightening smile spread across the young youkai's face, “She's unmated, and young, but old enough to bear.”
 
“You sicken me Shrika,” Maito said as he turned his back on the vile girl.
 
“Are you kidding me Maito?” she giggled as she drew a single claw across Aikyouragi's cheek and gathered the blood on her finger. “Her blood is sweet…”
 
 
 
Her blood is sweet…”
 
Kagome awoke from her deep slumber with a scream and a snarl; no one harmed her friends, especially not those she considered pack. As the others moved closer to her they became aware of her constant and furious snarling as well as her glowing red eyes.
 
“Kagome,” Inuyasha said and being the closest to her tried to move to her side.
 
The girl in question snarled dangerously at Inuyasha and ran from the cave, the others following after her, Kouga and the wolf brothers, Ginta and Hokkaku, included. Toga and Sesshoumaru tried to get closer to calm her down not knowing what it was that had woken her in such a state. Toga was more than surprised by her red eyes as well considering that although she was mated to his son, he had never smelled any youkai scent upon her, not a youkai that was her own anyway.
 
Kagome snarled and snapped as they grew closer and they watched in apprehensive fascination as her body shifted and grew, and fur grew thick on her arms as she changed into a giant black inu before their eyes.
 
“Kagome,” Sesshoumaru said as he neared her. “You need to calm down.”
 
Kagome growled at her mate and quickly snapped him, Toga and Inuyasha up into her jaws, separately, and flung them onto her back, the three holding onto her fur as she snapped and snarled and barked at Kouga telling him to watch over her pups. Kouga whined a yes at her and watched, with Ginta and Hokkaku at his side, as she turned and raced through the woods breaking trees and shattering boulders underneath her paws as she went.
 
“What the hell's wrong with her?” Inuyasha asked as he held onto her thick fur for dear life as she raced at unbelievable speeds through the forest and back to the castle.
 
“I don't know Inuyasha,” Sesshoumaru sighed, “I cannot talk with her unless I am also in my true form and right now her growls and snarls are not speaking much of anything.”
 
“Yeah except, pack, danger and kill. Damn I'm glad she wasn't a youkai before you met her, I think there may have been a few times she would have tried to kill me,” Inuyasha shuddered and then both brothers looked to their growling father.
 
Toga had been growling at Kagome ever since she had snapped him up in her jaws and thrown him onto her back. The urgency and furious anger he had felt coming from her in waves had him concerned and had his youkai pushing to the front as well. It surprised him that his son, his daughter's mate could remain so calm, but perhaps Sesshoumaru was calm because Kagome had regained her strength of spirit and faith in herself now.
 
Toga, however, wasn't so much as concerned by her anger so much as he was by whatever had caused it. He had not seen Kagome in such a rage before and had no idea that she had the ability to transform into an inuyoukai, neither of his sons not mentioning this to him before now. He growled at her asking for her to tell him what was wrong but she shook her big head and kept running as fast as she could.
 
“You can fly you know,” Toga said softly to her from his seat upon her neck.
 
He saw her blue eyes snap back to look at him from the corner of her eyes and he nodded.
 
“On your next leap crouch down and jump as high into the air as you can, look to the clouds for your perch.”
 
Kagome did as instructed and felt the tugs in her fur along her neck and shoulders as her three riders grasped desperately for purchase as she made her way into the air and leapt through the sky. She whined at Toga, no longer able to smell her way back to the castle and he barked at her telling her to travel north from their current position. She did so and was leaping to the grounds outside the castle doors within minutes instead of hours.
 
Sesshoumaru jumped from Kagome's back and landed upon the earth gracefully making it two steps from where he had landed before he once again found himself held within his mate's jaws and tossed upon her back. Kagome growled darkly at Sesshoumaru once he was on her back again and told him to stay there. Had it not been for the deep seriousness and anger in her eyes he would have ignored her command, but as it was he had seen both in her eyes and stayed right where he was.
 
Kagome released a furious roar and banged her head into the doors of the castle breaking the doors open and squeezing her giant form inside. Both Sesshoumaru and Toga growled at her telling her that she would not be able to fit and were both surprised when she did in fact fir and crawled her way into the ballroom where a surprised Shrika was crouching next to Aikyouragi who lay still and unconscious on the floor, the inuyoukai next to her had begun to peel a small bit of her skin off with her claws and was about to eat it.
 
The ballroom and a formal dojo were the only places in the castle big enough to hold a fully transformed inuyoukai and Kagome stood to her full height, towering over the youkai as she blew out a strong breath and threw Shrika away from Shinta's daughter. Kagome gently lifted the girl into her jaws and moved her and held her body over her back until all three males on her back had a hold of her before releasing her to their care.
 
Furious red eyes looked down at Shrika Kagome lifted her paw, the claws glowing pink with her miko's energy as she moved to stomp on the youkai who dared attack her friend. Shrika however had a few tricks that the others, including Maito who was watching on in silence, were unaware of. The female inuyoukai stood and shrieked loudly as an energy whip much like Sesshoumaru's flew from her fingers and slapped Kagome twice across the face leaving deep red lines of burned fur and cut flesh along her muzzle.
 
Kagome released a high pitched whimper and backed away as she shook her head trying to get the blood out of her left eye from where the whip had cut above her eye. Sesshoumaru and Toga released twin deadly snarls and leapt to the floor on either side of her, changing into their inu forms as they did so. Inuyasha was left upon her back to hold Aikyouragi in his arms as he also held onto Kagome's fur. The girl in his arms whimpered in pain and fear as she began to come around.
 
“Shh, it's alright,” Inuyasha said softly as he held her against him and watched the happenings between the three dogs and the two inuyoukai still in their humanoid forms.
 
Kagome snapped her jaws and snarled as Shrika came closer to her, Toga and Sesshoumaru pushing Kagome behind them as the two white dogs angled in front of her and growled at Maito and Shrika. Sesshoumaru's poison gathered in his saliva and claws as he stared upon the two and they all heard the gasps and angry yells as Loki and her other three daughters came into the room.
 
Toga butted his white furry head into his son's shoulder before changing back into his humanoid form and looked disapprovingly onto their opponents.
 
“We will settle this outside,” the former taiyoukai growled and led Kagome and Sesshoumaru out of the castle, the two still in their inu forms.
 
“Who the hell is the bitch anyway?” Loki asked snidely once they were all outside as she stared at the black dog that held Inuyasha and the injured rabbit youkai on her back.
 
“That, Loki would be the current Lady of the Western Lands,” Toga said as he looked upon Kagome who stood watching them all with angry red eyes. “Remember the human woman you injured so callously?” when Loki nodded and rolled her eyes he continued, “That Loki, was Kagome. My new daughter and your new Lady. You raised your hand to her and now you will deal with all of us, you and Maito. Betrayal of blood Loki, Maito, is the highest offense in inuyoukai packs and now your treachery will be dealt with.”
 
“Hey! She's mine!” Shrika cried out as she saw Inuyasha holding Aikyouragi.
 
Her statement brought Kagome's growl out loud and clear again, the giant black inu moving closer to the young fool.
 
“Oh shut up bitch,” Shrika snarled as she fixed her eyes on the girl in Inuyasha's arms. “I want my meal back!”
 
Toga's eyes snapped over to Shrika at her statement just in time to see Kagome snap the youkai up in her jaws and hold her tightly as she let her mouth fill with her purifying energy. Shrika screamed and cursed as Kagome's miko energies slowly burned her before the black inu's jaws snapped hard, breaking the female's body in half and throwing her two burned halves in front of her mate as she snarled and looked ready to kill.
 
“Kagome calm down,” Inuyasha said softly knowing she would hear him, “your energy's starting to burn me a bit.”
 
Inuyasha's words broke through the furious haze clouding Kagome's mind and she calmed herself with great effort as the pink glow around her fainted and died away, her miko energies recalled into her spirit. Sesshoumaru let his poisonous saliva drip onto Shrika and melt what was left of her.
 
“Maito,” Toga said as he faced his brother, “You will face me. You will fight me as you fought father. You will pay for your transgressions made against my sons, both now and after my first death. You will pay for your blood betrayal.”
 
Kagome and Sesshoumaru did not stand idly by as their father fought Maito to the death, instead Kagome went after Loki after first setting Inuyasha and Shinta's daughter into a nearby tree. When Kagome turned back to Loki the elder female inuyoukai had taken her true form and stood before Kagome as a shaggy white inu just slightly larger than Kagome. Sesshoumaru looked on at the two before gathering his poison in his mouth and spitting it at the three white inu facing him. He managed to melt the middle one but missed the other two.
 
The female dogs grappled and snarled and snapped at Sesshoumaru, two against one, as they fought. They were no match for him though, the females never having truly fought any battle before. Toga and Maito watched on as Sesshoumaru brought one of the remaining females down by wrapping his jaws around her neck and gripping her hard as he brought her to the ground, her sister leaping on top of him and biting at him as he killed the dog held in his jaws. Toga then turned his eyes on Kagome who was doing everything she could to remain standing and hold the upper hand as Loki attacked her with no pattern or style, simply snapping and biting where she could.
 
Toga growled as he turned on his brother and changed quickly into his true form, snatching his brother up in his jaws before Maito could change as well. Toga ground his jaws down on Maito, effectively rendering his brother useless as he went over to help Kagome after hearing her sharp yip and seeing her fall to the ground. As much of a spitfire as Kagome may be, he doubted that she had ever killed by her bare hands, or claws and fang as the case may be. The girl just didn't have it in her heart to kill in such a manner and it was showing as she only fought in defense. Loki, however, had no such morals and went after Kagome like a starving beast after fresh meat.
 
Kagome sported several gashes and bite wounds on her body Toga noted as he came nearer and rendered Loki unconscious. Kagome lay on her side on the ground, her large form shaking harshly as she panted hard. Her strength was waning and when she saw Loki and Maito move in behind Toga she used the last vestiges of her energy to stand and leap over him to fend off the two youkai as she opened her mouth and released all of the miko energy she could at them, destroying both youkai with her purifying energy.
 
Darkness slowly swam around the edges of her vision as her mate and father came near to her, a low constant painful keening coming from her with each breath she took. She waved on her four giant paws as she struggled to stay standing, her effort in vain though as she fell heavily to the ground, unconscious before her head even touched the earth.
 
“Kagome!” Shinta and Kagome's mother yelled in unison as the women came running toward the unconscious and bleeding black inu.
 
“Why didn't she change back when she passed out?” Kagome's mother asked as she helped Toga, Sesshoumaru and Inuyasha tend to her daughter's wounds as Shinta saw after her own daughter.
 
“She didn't have the energy to,” Toga said as he cleaned a rather nasty bite on her muzzle with gentle care.
 
“Will she be alright?” Aikyouragi asked as she came near to them all. “She was trying protect me, I wish she hadn't if this is the cost of her protection,” she said sadly as she petted the fur just above Kagome's nose.
 
“The price was too great not to protect you, little one,” Toga said as he looked at the girl standing not too far away from him. “It's a good thing Shrika's dead. This wasn't the first time she has eaten of other youkai. Rabbit and squirrel youkai seemed to have been her favorites. The last time they had visited before the battle,” he said referring to the battle he had died in, “I had lost three squirrel servants only to later discover that she had had them sent to her chambers and then proceeded to eat them. Shrika was a vile girl, it's a blessing that she and her kin are now dead.”
 
“Perhaps so father,” Sesshoumaru said as he moved away from Kagome's side. “But what about the youkai she was seeing?”
 
“That youkai was more of a hanyou. Shrika was in bed with Naraku,” a voice said and all heads turned to see Kagura standing off to the side, Kanna at her side.
 
“What are you doing here wind witch?” Sesshoumaru asked as he stood guarding his mate.
 
“Kanna and I owe a life debt to your mate. She freed us from Naraku,” Kagura said as she came nearer to the Western Lands taiyoukai.
 
“Kagome ain't left Kagura, how do you suppose she freed you?” Inuyasha asked as he appeared at his brother's side.
 
“I don't know Inuyasha,” Kagura said as she looked upon the injured black dog behind them. “When she freed us, returned my heart to me and severed Naraku's link to Kanna,” she said and it was then they noticed the girl's distinct lack of her mirror. “It was as though she wasn't really there. Her body was transparent though I've never seen her fire a stronger arrow.”
 
“How is this possible, I thought she helped Sango and Miroku to get away from Naraku?” Inuyasha asked his brother.
 
“We were there hanyou. Her arrow freed my heart and shattered Kanna's mirror. It may not have been the miko's intention to do so, but she freed us all the same. I want to see that disgusting hanyou fall, I want him to suffer,” she snarled angrily, her magenta eyes flashing with deadly anger.
 
“I too wish to see his demise,” Kanna said softly, her voice and eyes lifeless.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Aikyouragi means beloved daughter of peace and harmony.