InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Royal Birth: Sequel to His Little Girl ❯ A most special affair ( Chapter 28 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
Last time:
 
The dragon looked up when he heard a tired yawn and a soft sleep heavy moan, his blue eyes spotting Sango as she tried to remain awake while holding Kirara in her kitten form in her arms. Her stomach was huge with pup she held inside, her earlier estimation wrong. It wouldn't be another month before she would see her pup born, more like a week and the dragon could sense that. The cold wind that was blowing had picked up speed and Sango was shivering in the cold but gave no mention of her discomfort.
 
 
~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~~=~=~=~=~=~=~
 
 
The white dragon taiyoukai was awoken just after sunrise the next morning when a tiny little hanyou female decided that his head made a perfect little mountain for her to climb and pulled herself up to sit on his snout. Opening his cobalt eyes, his gaze focused on the tiny female pup perched on his snout as she giggled and began making her way up to climb onto his head. Snorting and rolling his blue eyes in amusement, the dragon, lifted his head and tipped it slightly up causing the pup to slide back into the tuft of silvery white silken hair that began the short mane that began in the middle on the top of his head and stretched down just past the base of his shoulders, the short hair barely discernable from the stone white of his leathered skin.
 
Sakura's happy giggling squeals roused Kagome from her sleep and she looked up to see the dragon playing with her daughter. Giving a soft giggle of her own, the young mother yawned and stretched as she greeted the new day and opened her kimono to feed the tiny infant Makia that was already trying to nurse through the cloth of her kimono.
 
“Kagome, are you awake?” Sango asked softly as she lifted a corner of the dragon's wing and stepped inside the make shift tent.
 
“Yup,” Kagome giggled at her friend's relaxed face. “I've never slept better either,” she said and watched as her friend blushed and then chuckled as she saw the dragon's disgruntled look as Sakura giggled and held onto one of his long pointed ears. “Looks like they're having fun.”
 
“Yup,” Kagome giggled again as she looked upon her new friend and her daughter. “Sango,” she said and bit her lip to try and stifle the brilliant large smile that threatened to split her face apart. “I have a dragon friend.”
 
Sango laughed happily at her friend as she rubbed her stomach, her back aching terribly and the pup inside of her far too active for the inuyoukai's liking so early upon waking.
 
“You always did seem to adopt the most unusual friends Kagome,” Sango giggled at her friend as she sat down and leaned against the dragon's side. “First Inuyasha, then Shippou, then -”
 
“Your mate,” Kagome interjected happily as she switched breasts and burped Makia shortly after the infant not feeding as much as her two cousins.
 
“He wasn't my mate then,” Sango said with a giggle through narrowed eyes. “Then he was just a perverted monk who didn't know well enough to keep his hands to himself,” she growled in the memories of all his fondling and repeated requests for nameless countless village girls to bear his child.
 
“Yeah but he won you over,” Kagome said with a happy giggle as she watched Zousataro scamper over to play with his sister and the dragon.
 
“Oh hush,” Sango giggled at her friend. “Wow,” Sango said with a thoughtful giggle. “I have to say in all of my dreaming, in all of my imaging of what the future might hold for us all, I never imagined this. You mated to Sesshoumaru with a set of far too energetic twins as well as Shippou, and Rin becoming hanyou. Miroku and I turning youkai and mating each other and then turning youkai permanently and me bearing a youkai pup. This is just…wow.”
 
“I know what you mean. I'm still not too happy though. I mean I understand why they sent us all away, but, how are they gonna purify the jewel without us, without me?” Kagome asked as she plucked her daughter off of the dragon's head to feed her and handed Makia off to Sango to change.
 
“I don't know,” Sango said as she finished changing the hanyou and held her in her arms. “Maybe they'll just keep the jewel till you come back?” she asked though knowing even when she said it that it wasn't a viable option.
 
“That won't work though. The jewel, well half of it anyway is inside of Naraku. The only way to kill him, to truly kill him will be to purify the jewel while it's still inside of him, like I do when we would go shard hunting.”
 
“Everything always works out in the end doesn't it?”
 
 
 
 
“Thank you my friend,” Kagome said when the dragon youkai lifted her off his back as well as her pups as he stood inside the ghost town that was the taijiya village.
 
The giant white dragon nodded his head slowly and in a way it looked almost as though he were bowing to her.
 
“I'll miss you,” Kagome said as she walked up to hug his front leg the same way she had done on their first meeting. “We'll see each other again right?” she asked softly as she looked up into softly smiling azure eyes that peered down kindly upon her. “Good,” she said as he nodded and enfolded her in his wings.
 
“I never would have believed it,” Kagura said as she stood next to Sango.
 
“I know what you mean,” Sango said and groaned softly as she put her hand to the small of her back and rubbed just above the cradle of her hips to try to soothe away the discomfort. “There's no one else like her - anywhere.”
 
“I don't think there ever could be,” the wind witch said and then looked at Sango closely when she took in a deep breath. “Sango,” she said drawing the youkai's attention off the woman and dragon.
 
“Yes?” she said as she looked at Kagura.
 
“Don't be afraid,” Kagura said being able to tell that Sango maybe had a day or two from the scent and the active sounds coming from the pup inside of her.
 
“What?” Sango asked completely confused.
 
“Don't be afraid. Just remember that and remember that you must stay calm.”
 
With those cryptic words, Kagura removed a feather from her hair and tossed it into the wind, boarding it and waving a goodbye to her friends as she lifted up into the air, the dragon taiyoukai following after her shortly as the two made their way back to the Western Lands and back to the fight that would be taking place shortly.
 
“Well that was weird,” Sango said as she led the way to the village headman's house that stood empty, the house that she was born and raised in.
 
“Sango, that's you,” Kagome said as she looked at a sketch that was tacked to on of the walls near the entrance.
 
“Yes,” Sango said as she touched the yellowed paper fondly. “Kohaku was a most talented artist. He never should have been a taijiya,” she said mournfully, “he was too kind for that kind of life.”
 
“We'll save him Sango,” Kagome said as she placed a hand on her friend's shoulder. “We'll find a way and we'll save him.”
 
“Thank you,” Sango said. “Why don't you all go ahead and find rooms to stay in,” she said as she moved back toward the door, Kirara curled up asleep on her shoulder.
 
“Where are you going?” Kagome asked her friend gently.
 
“To visit Midoriko.”
 
 
 
 
“I'm scared,” Sango said as she looked up at the body of Midoriko frozen in time in the crystals that had grown around her. “Miroku and I have never been apart while fighting before. I've always been at his side and I'm afraid. I don't want to lose him.”
 
Sango hissed as she drew in a sharp breath between her teeth, her face grimacing in pain. “She is really far too active today,” Sango said as she rubbed her stomach over her turning pup with one hand, the other rubbing on the underside of her swollen stomach where the pain was focused near her hips. “That's another thing,” she said as she looked back up at Midoriko. “Do you think my father is disappointed in me? Disappointed or upset that I'm youkai now? This choice, what I am now, what I've done, its right for me, but…have I dishonored him…by becoming a youkai?”
 
Sango gasped again and whimpered in pain as she bent over and braced herself with one hand on the stone wall of the cave, the other hand going down to the underside of her pup heavy stomach as another pain came to her. The woman breathed through the pain but was left panting by the force of the pain and then cried out in alarm when water splashed down her legs and onto the floor of the cave at her feet.
 
“No,” she cried as frightened tears rose to her eyes. “No it's too soon,” she whimpered frightenedly and looked to Kirara who was simply too exhausted to be awakened from her sleep. “Oh Kami it's too soon,” she cried as another pain, sharper harder and longer constricted her stomach and as the pup entered the birth canal she felt as though she would be torn apart.
 
“Shhh,” a voice soothed beside her and Sango lifted her head to look at who it was next to her, her eyes growing impossibly wide.
 
“M-Midoriko?” Sango stuttered in disbelief and then cried out as another intense and painful contraction ripped through her.
 
“Shh, it's alright Sango,” she said and smiled gently as she led the woman away from the wall and took off her armor as she helped the youkai woman lie down on the cave floor.
 
“It - it hurts,” Sango gasped and whimpered as another contraction rippled through her abdomen.
 
“I know,” Midoriko soothed her. “Sango…you have not dishonored him,” the ancient warrior miko said to her gently as she carefully moved Sango into the birthing position. “The only way you could have dishonored him would've been if you hadn't followed your heart, and let it lead you where it has.”
 
“I'm so tired,” Sango whimpered out after nearly three hours of painful and exhaustive contractions and still no pup had yet been born.
 
“Well taijiya Sango, you're going to have to hold on a bit longer, I see her head,” Midoriko smiled at her and wiped the sweat from Sango damp face with her hand. “This little girl Sango,” she said as she traced Sango's crests on her cheeks and her brow. “She has such an important destiny, more important than you can imagine.”
 
“What do you mean?” Sango asked and then grunted in pain as the pup fully crowned and began to push her out on the next contraction with Midoriko's guiding words.
 
“She's going to be the first warrior miko born and trained in nearly three hundred years. Push,” she instructed and guided the pup's head out. “Push,” she instructed again and guided the shoulders out and then held the pup as she eased the rest of the way out quickly. “She is born with your mate's spiritual power, and he and Kagome will train her in the ways of being a miko and teach her how to control her powers as you Sango, teach her the ways of the taijiya as Inuyasha and his father teach her how to control her youkai blood.”
 
“But - a warrior miko?” Sango said as she looked down on her tiny pup that lay still covered in the birth matter in her arms. “I though warrior miko's were only human,” she said as she looked up at the long dead, though somehow returned warrior miko of times long gone by.
 
“Sango,” the woman chuckled as she cleaned up the youkai mother and child before moving Sango to sit against the base of her crystal entombed body. “How do you think the first warrior miko came to be?” she asked with a kind smile.
 
“I never really thought about it,” Sango said as her brow furrowed in thought as she put her pup to her breast, the child feeding happily.
 
“A monk long ago, mated with a youkai woman. An inuyoukai believe it or not…legend says she was kind and gentle though fought with a fierceness unmatched. The pup that was born of the union was female and was born with immense spiritual power. Her mother taught her to fight and control her youkai blood as her father taught her about her spiritual power…and so, nearly eight hundred years ago, the line of the warrior miko was begun.”
 
“Wow,” Sango said and yawned tiredly as she looked away from Midoriko and down upon the tiny pup that lay nestled in her arms, her hands, face, arms, legs and torso adorned with lavender crests, upon her brow lay a golden arrow, the mark being the symbol that labeled a youkai as a warrior miko.
 
“So,” Sango said as she looked up at Midoriko. “Are you here to defeat Naraku?”
 
“No,” Midoriko said with a kind smile and soft slow shake of her head. “I am only here to tell you of your daughter's destiny and to guide her into the world. I must leave soon, return to the land of the dead. It is Kagome who will defeat Naraku, in fact,” Midoriko said and paused as she closed her eyes in thought, the smiling orbs opening a moment later. “She has just left upon Ah-Un; her pups have been left in her brother's care. Do not worry dear Sango,” she said with a gentle smile as she kissed the youkai's brow. “She will be victorious, and just fine.”
 
Midoriko kissed Sango's brow once more, Sango's eyes watching as Midoriko's body turned into shimmering light and disappeared in sparkles of light.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
A.N: Sorry it took so long for this to come out