InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Royal Birth: Sequel to His Little Girl ❯ Battling youkai and sacred arrows Part II ( Chapter 31 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
“Sango are you sure this is safe?” Souta asked as he watched the taijiya don her kimono that she had cut and stitched into a modified slayer's garb, her newborn tucked in side and tied to her chest underneath the clothing where she could feed when she wanted to.
 
“Safe? No. But my mate is in danger and I am a born and raised taijiya, fighting and protecting those I love was in my human blood and is even more so now in my youkai blood. I won't leave him to fight alone,” she said as she took up Hiraikotsu. “Kirara,” she said and looked at her feline friend standing off to the side in her large form. “It's time to go.”
 
“Lady Sango,” Tokumori said as she stood and moved toward the inuyoukai taijiya. “Be careful,” she said and hugged the woman.
 
“I will sweetie,” Sango said and retuned the embrace. “Keep the boy in his place. It wouldn't hurt to teach him a little bit of claw and fang fighting either,” she winked at the girl before mounting Kirara and taking off into the darkening sky as it grew into night.
 
 
 
 
 
The closer Sango got to the Western Lands, the more violent the air felt. The short hairs on her arms and neck stood on end and her pup that had previously been making small soft yips and talking at her with the inu language was quiet and still, making no sound or movement from where she lay hidden within her mother's clothing.
 
“Good girl,” Sango said as she patted the pup nestled against her breast inside her clothing.
 
She had thought of naming the girl Midoriko, but wanted to wait and talk with her mate first. To name one's pup was a most special thing that should be shared between mates; it would be decided together between the two of them. For now though, for no she had a mate to fight alongside.
 
 
 
 
“Monk look out!” she heard Inuyasha's voice call out and her head snapped to the scene before her as she entered the fighting arena.
 
“Let's go Kirara!” she said with fervor and when she was close enough to where her mate was battling the loud and proud cry of “HIRAIKOTSU!” was heard sounding off in the distance and Miroku's and Inuyasha's eyes looked up to see the bone boomerang weapon flying through the air.
 
“Damnit! Don't they ever listen to me?!” Inuyasha shouted out as he watched the weapon cut down the youkai in front of Miroku before whirling back to Sango and watching the taijiya catch it easily.
 
“Let's just hope she stays as far out of danger as possible,” Toga said to his son before moving into the thick of the battle field.
 
Sango fired off her weapon again in the same direction as she saw Kagome's purifying arrow fly. As they traveled along the same direction, the weapons seemed to become one in the air and destroyed nearly fifty collected youkai, oni, and mononoke enemies in one strike. Sango caught her weapon easily and gave a slight hiss at the remaining wisps of miko's energy that lingered around her weapon from the last attack. Kagome's energy had never affected her before but now that she was youkai, she supposed it was just one of the things she'd have to get used to.
 
“Damnit!” she cried out when she saw more enemies closing in around her mate. “Kirara take us over to Kagome! Hurry!”
 
The fire neko youkai flew through the air; her legs moving quickly and making her look as though she were running. The closer they got to the dragon the louder Kirara's growls grew and Sango was amazed for the first time that she could truly understand the words being spoken between the two youkai. Stepping onto his back, Kirara used only the very tips of her claws for purchase as Sango dismounted her friend and fighting companion and moved to Kagome,
 
Kagome's eyes were wide as she looked at Sango and grew even more so when she heard the soft quickly beating heart of the newborn pup coming from inside Sango's altered kimono. Sango came as close to Kagome as she could and knelt beside her friend as she carefully removed her infant child from her clothing.
 
“I need you to protect her for me,” Sango said as she passed the swaddled pup over to her friend and watched Kagome nod and tuck the pup inside her own clothing. “Just don't purify her ok?” Sango joked with a wink and smile.
 
“You'll be ok?” Kagome asked her friend worriedly.
 
“Miroku needs me by his side, the youkai and others around him are too much for him alone. All he has are his claws, wind tunnel, and staff. He hasn't been trained with a katana. I need to; I have to go fight beside him.”
 
“Then go, but be careful Sango. I have no intention of burying anyone on our side, do you hear me?”
 
“Yes, and I have no intention of being taken down by the likes of them!” Sango said with a warrior's smile. “I shall see you when the battle is over.”
 
“Yes,” Kagome said. “Now go, it looks like he needs you,” she said and nodded toward Miroku.
 
Sango's eyes widened as she looked upon her mate that was being surrounded. “Down!” she yelled out as loud as she could as she released her weapon with all the strength she had.
 
Kagome, Kirara, Sango and Keitarozou all watched the monk's eyes widen seconds before he flattened himself to the ground. Seconds later the Hiraikotsu whirled through the circling of collected enemies and flew back to its master, Miroku unharmed, the youkai and other enemies dead, leaving the monk covered in youkai guts.
 
Sango and Kagome giggled when they saw their friend do something they'd often seen Inuyasha do. Putting his hands on the ground and crouching low, Miroku shook himself full body sending out a spray of blood and guts as he shook himself free of the mess. Smiling to her friend, Sango slung her weapon over her back and mounted Kirara before descending to where her mate stood and moving off of Kirara to stand beside him, the fire neko standing next to her.
 
“Can you still use your ofuda?” she asked her mate as more enemies closed in.
 
“I don't know, I haven't tried,” Miroku answered her and though he wasn't happy she was in danger, he was grateful for her aide.
 
“Try now,” she commanded as she released her bone weapon as she fought off the youkai from one direction and her Miroku's shout as he used his ofuda.
 
“They still work!” he cried out happily and began to purify youkai with his ofuda.
 
“Do you want my katana?” she asked him as they stood near each other their backs to each other.
 
“I don't really know how to use one…Wind Tunnel!” he cried and Sango dug her weapon into the ground and hung on to it as he moved around her and began sucking in their enemies in a wide circle. “Well there goes that grouping.”
 
“They just seem to keep coming. Where is that coward! Why won't he show his face?!” Sango yelled angrily.
 
Suddenly a shout from above caught their attention seconds before Kirara caught them both by the backs of their clothing and flung them onto her back as she lifted them out of the way of danger and onto the white dragon Kagome was fighting upon.
 
“Kagome what's going on?” Sango asked as their enemies seemed to be moving into one central area together.
 
“I don't know, but I don't like it!” she said as she fired three of her arrows into the large crowd of their enemies, her arrows combining with Inuyasha's Wind Scar attack. “Why did they just stand there and let themselves get destroyed?” she wondered as their allies on the ground cheered happily.
 
“Well, well, well,” they heard Inuyasha say and looked down at him. “Look who finally joined the party.”
 
“Naraku,” came the combined growls from all those around them.
 
“The jewel and the miko will be mine!” the forged hanyou proclaimed angrily.
 
“I don't think so bastard!” Inuyasha yelled out as he let loose a blat of power from his sword.
 
“We never were able to beat him with one…he must be destroyed with all four,” Kagome said and Mounted Kirara. “Take me to my mate Kirara,” she said seconds before passing Sango's infant girl back to her.
 
“Kagome!” Sango cried out when the miko left them.
 
“She's beautiful,” Miroku said with wonder as he lifted his tiny pup into his arms. “She's so tiny.”
 
“Well any bigger and trust me, she and I would be having problems with each other,” the monk's mate said with humor.
 
 
 
 
 
“Kagome what are you doing?” Toga asked upset that Kagome was now on the ground with them.
 
“We have to destroy him together. You and your sons' swords, I and my arrows, it's the only way.”
 
“Stand behind us,” he commanded as he and his sons created a small wall.
 
Nodding toward each of his sons, the three males released great blasts of power from their swords that were joined seconds later by three rapidly fired purifying arrows. The combined power ripped toward the forged hanyou, an ungodly scream coming from him as they watched his body separate and disintegrate into the many youkai he was forged from and then finally into a scattering of dust, the nearly completed jewel all that was left behind.
 
“We did it,” Kagome said in wonder as they heard Miroku's astonished happy cry, his wind tunnel finally gone. “We did it!” she shouted happily and was swung around in a circle by Inuyasha. “We completed our journey,” she giggled at her friend as she hugged him and then found her mouth plundered when her mate turned her around to face him.
 
Toga laughed happily, as he caught the jewel in his hand and passed it to his hanyou son.
 
“It seems that the battle is over my son. The journey complete.”
 
 
 
A.N: Is this the end? Oh yeah right. There will be an epilogue.