InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Another Time, Another Life ❯ Chapter 1

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha, so thanks for rubbing it in my face and all…

MAJOR CHANGE IN CHAPTER ONE! FROM IT'S ORIGINAL POSTING. EDITED AND POSTED 10-17-04.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

Chapter One:

All that remained of the original group were the girls and Shippo. After Naraku's defeat Inuyasha had followed Kikyo to hell. Kagome, surprisingly enough, wasn't too upset. The months before Kagome had come to accept the fact that she and Inuyasha were never meant to be but that didn't mean it didn't sting seeing him follow her.

Miroku was a different story. As Naraku lay dieing he told Miroku the tragic news. The curse of the kazaana would not be lifted from Miroku himself but only for his children. Miroku would suffer the same fate as his father and grandfather before him. Miroku, being the man he was, didn't let this get him down but did his best to produce an heir with anyone he could find.

As the last month of his life approached Miroku lost his usual attitude towards life seeing that his chances were slim and fate seemed to be laughing at him. Kagome, Sango and Shippo could only hug him goodbye and watch him leave as he walked a safe distance away from the village to die. Both girls cried for days and after they felt the kazaana's pull and then its disappearance they mournfully proceeded to their friend's grave.

After they finished making the shrine in the midst of the giant hole the girls decided what was left for them to do. Sango decided that she would travel and help those who needed assistance; since it was the way she was raised. Shippo begged to be able to return with Kagome, not wanting to be separated from the girl he had come to think of as his mother. In the end, however, it was decided that the best fate for the kitsune youkai was to remain in the time he was born. Kaede agreed to watch over the young kit for the heartbroken Kagome.

As for Kagome, she was going home. She was sad about leaving her friends and promised to come back and visit if the well would allow it. The memories here were a mixture of good and bad but with nothing left to seriously tie her here she decided to continue on with her life. She would be starting high school within the next week.

Kagome stood in front of the well and looked down. Shippo was attached to her leg and crying. "Please don't leave me. Let me come with you." He wailed at the top of his lungs.

Sango was trying hard not to cry, it would seem she was doomed to lose all her friends and family. "I'll come back and visit." Kagome said to Shippo but looking at Sango. She knew how hard it was for Sango to lose another friend. Sango smiled at her friend and grasped her in a hug. Both girls cried into each other and tightened their holds. Kaede came to say her goodbyes as well and, with the help of Sango, pried Shippo off Kagome. She turned around and waved at her friends again, tears falling from her eyes.

"I'll miss you guys. I'll be back soon."

Kagome couldn't help but cry as she saw the sad looks on everyone's faces, especially Shippo's but, with a deep breath, she turned away and fell once again into the depths of the well and allowed the magic encompass her.

Kagome hit the bottom of the well with an 'oomph'. Her back was throbbing from the impact

"Kagome is that you?" Souta shouted from the top of the well.

"Yeah, it's me." She shouted back up at her brother. She climbed up the well ladder and slung her heavy backpack over first. Sota was there to grasp her arm and pull her over.

"You back for good?" He asked. Kagome could only nod. She hugged her brother, glad she would finally be able to spend time with him again, glad to be back in the time she belonged in, but at the same time terrified that she would never see her friends again. She would miss them dearly no matter the case.

*~*~*~*

Kagome was now rushing through the house trying to get everything ready for her first day at her new high school. She had woken up late and was now trying to pull on her socks and walk at the same time. And as only Kagome can do, she ended up sprawled on the floor after tripping over her giant yellow bag. "Stupid bag. I don't know why I even brought you back." She muttered kicking it as she attempted to get up.

Kagome managed to get up and run to the kitchen. She kissed each member of her family goodbye. She ran out of the house eager to start her first day of high school.

*~*~*~*

Yuka, Eri and Ayumi were chatting in the courtyard of their new school. Eri spotted Kagome first and waved her over. Kagome waved back and trotted over to see her friends.

"Kagome-chan!" All the girls squealed as they hugged their friend. "How are you feeling? Are you sure high school isn't going to be too much stress for someone in your condition?"

Kagome blushed red and waved them off. "No guys. I'm fine now. The doctors have said that I'm cured…of everything." Kagome said, muttering the last bit. She was going to kill her grandfather for making up such lies.

"That's great. You were such a good student there is no doubt you'll resume you high rank. If you need any help I'll be glad to tutor." Ayumi said smiling at her friend.

"Ooooh, I know how about we get Hojo-kun to tutor her. I'm sure he would be glad to." Eri suggested and Yuka nodded. Kagome rolled her eyes and did her best to ignore her friends' enthusiasm for the boy.

"I, personally, am going to scope out our new student body. See which ones are…"

"…hot." Yuka started and Eri finished. Both girls giggled hysterically while Kagome just looked away and Ayumi shook her head.

Ayumi and Kagome headed to class once the two boy-crazed girls went out in search of prospects. The girls had managed to have most of their classes together so Ayumi and Kagome took their seats in their first class. Eri and Yuka came in minutes before the bell giggling.

"Find any good ones?" Kagome said offhand.

"Oh yeah!" Yuka stated.

"Kagome-chan you have to see this one guy. He's absolutely to die for. Yuka-chan says she claims him already but someone gorgeous like that must already have a girlfriend. Especially an upperclassman. I think he's a senior." Eri babbled dragging Kagome to the door.

Kagome gasped when she saw the tall, dark haired boy walking down the hall.

"I told you he was hot. But hands off, we saw him first." Eri said. Kagome didn't hear a word of it though she was too busy staring at the Senior boy. 'It can't be. He's-he's dead. How can he be here?' Kagome thought to herself.

The boy in question was greeting everyone in the halls, causing many of the underclass girls to swoon and drool. He caught Kagome's eyes and smiled at her like he did with so many other girls but stopped mid-step before he passed her. His eyes glazed over as if he was in another world before he stopped and turned around.

"K-Kagome-sama?" He said shakily. Kagome's eyes widened as she realized it really was who she thought it was. Eri, Yuka and Ayumi were all gaping that their sickly and quiet Kagome was known already by the hottest guy in school. The boy opened his mouth to question her some more but Kagome's eyes rolled to the back of her head and she fell.

"Kagome-chan!" The girls yelled at their unconscious friend.

"Don't worry I'll take her to the nurse." The boy offered picking her up from the floor.

"Wait, what's your name?" Ayumi said eyeing him carefully as if to make sure it was safe to let him carry off her friend.

"Tensei Takai." He answered flashing a brilliant smile and walking down the hall.

"Tensei Takai." Eri and Yuka said dreamily before rushing off to their desk giggling and gossiping about the hot new boy.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

Can anyone guess who the new kid is? Two points and a cookie for those who can figure it out. If you can guess who the boy is you will figure out what the pairing for this fic will be! Ok. Please Read and Review and tell me what you think! If I don't get a positive response I just won't continue writing it. Thank you.

Until Next Time…

Sfae