InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Another Time, Another Life ❯ Chapter 12

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

All Standard Disclaimers Apply

 

Happy Iron Bowl Day! You won't find a more important day in the state of Alabama than Iron Bowl Day! I don't go to the games when they are in T-town, too dangerous, so I'm stuck at home watching it BUT I get nervous when I watch games on TV so I'll be writing updates and cleaning while I listen to the game. So Happy Iron Bowl Day to everyone and…

 

WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!

 

Thanks to everyone who has reviewed so far. Just to let you know, I think I'm going to finish up this story in the next 4-5 chapters, possibly less, and I will hopefully be updating all those chapters by next week. So beware, this story is coming to an end.

 

If you have suggestions on what you want me to try and update next, feel free to suggest, though it may not happen, especially if it's one of my crossovers.

 

On with the show…

 

(And Again…WAR EAGLE!!)

 

Chapter Twelve:

 

The scene at the hospital was an interesting one.

 

When they had arrived, Miroku immediately jumped out of the car and ran Kagome into the emergency room.

 

The nurses, noticing the state of both their undress, took Kagome from him and took her to the back, while a couple of the male staff took Miroku aside.

 

Seiichi and Gregor came in, not knowing what was going on, and began asking questions for the two. The elderly nurse that was located at the desk began asking tons of questions, starting with what the patients name was and if she had any family they could call.

 

The two boys visibly paled. Kagome was supposed to be at home in bed at this time at night but she had snuck out with Seiichi and was now in the hospital. Things weren't going to go over too well with her family.

 

They gave the nurse, who was looking extremely perturbed, all the information and she immediately called the Higurashi residence. She explained, to probably Mrs. Higurashi, that he daughter had been brought into the hospital just moments ago and that it may be best for her to come down.

 

Gregor bit his lip as his advanced hearing made out the worried tones and screams Kagome's mother was making over the phone.

 

Once the nurse was done with the phone call, she turned her attention to the boys and asked them what had happened.

 

They didn't notice the two cops come in while they were talking to the nurse and move to a side room off of the main waiting area.

 

They explained that the three of them had gone to collect another friend from a party when Kagome was attacked and nearly raped. They left out as many details as they could, not wanting to embarrass or get anyone in to too much trouble. They weren't worried about Uyeda; the whole group was going to deal with him, worse than any cop could do.

 

The nurse, not hearing any names to who had attempted rape of Kagome, put two and two together or the state in which she came in and shuffled the boys off to wait. She told them everything would be taken care of. They watched as she went off into a side room and then came back out moments later.

 

Gregor and Seiichi watched horrified as two cops dragged out Miroku in handcuffs. He wasn't struggling but just looking down at the floor.

 

Gregor ran to the nurse and demanded what was going on and why they had just arrested their friend.

 

The nurse replied with pursed lips that they were arresting him for attempted rape, which they boy had already explained to her earlier, and they were taking him down to be booked and await charges to be filed.

 

Gregor was furious and yelled at the older woman. He tried to explain that she had made a mistake and that Miroku had saved her but she would hear nothing of it. She told him to calm down or that she would have him removed.

 

Moments later two of the male staff removed him from the hospital.

 

That was where Mrs. Higurashi found him.

 

"What's going on?" The woman asked in a horrified voice.

 

She didn't know the boys name, but she recognized him as one of Kagome's friends.

 

"It's a long story." Gregor mumbled ashamed of himself. "Why don't you go in and find out how she is doing. They've kicked me out but Seiichi's in there. Could you send him out, if it isn't too much trouble, after you find out how she is doing?"

 

The woman nodded and rushed into the sliding doors.

 

She explained to the nurse who she was and she asked her to be seated. Seiichi was waiting for her with a bowed head.

 

Mrs. Higurashi enveloped the boy in a hug.

 

"What happened?" She demanded not letting go of the boy.

 

"Gregor called earlier to tell us that Miroku had gone to a party he shouldn't have and Kagome just got upset and decided to go get him. We didn't think it would be any harm since we were both supposed to be with her but there was a guy at the party who had planned something and had Gregor and I thrown out and when we weren't by Kagome's side he attacked her. Miroku jumped in and tried to rescue her but…" Seiichi stopped talking as he heard the woman start to cry.

 

"W-where is he now?" She asked in a shaky voice.

 

"Who? Miroku?"

 

Mrs. Higurashi nodded her head.

 

"When he brought Kagome in here she was wearing only a guy's shirt and Miroku didn't have one at all and well…they jumped to the wrong conclusion and had him arrested. He's been taken to the police department to await charges."

 

Mrs. Higurashi nodded and backed up. Her eyes were already rimmed red from the crying she must have done from before she got to the hospital.

 

"We'll just leave him there for the night then." She said in a tone that didn't sound anything like her normal voice.

 

Seiichi could only nod as he brought her to sit in a less crowded part of the lobby.

 

They waited for what seemed like hours before either of them talked again.

 

"Y-you called him Miroku?" Mrs. Higurashi said.

 

Seiichi's eyes widened at his unconscious mistake. He simply nodded.

 

"So I was right, he really is the same guy from her adventures." Mrs. Higurashi said in a whisper so that no one could over hear her.

 

Seiichi nodded again.

 

"How do you know about it all?"

 

"I was told. You see, Gregor is really Koga in disguise. Koga's pack kind of took me in when I was younger and after a while they just told me about it all."

 

Mrs. Higurashi looked at the boy. She enveloped him in another hug.

 

Another hour of waiting and a doctor finally called them into the back. Mrs. Higurashi had lied when they asked about Seiichi's relation and explained to the doctor's that he was her adopted son. The doctor's new better, since his real parents were famous doctors, but they allowed it seeing the woman about ready to begin taking heads.

 

The doctor, a man in his early forties who was strikingly handsome, led the two to the room where they had put Kagome in.

 

She was hooked up to an IV and had several other monitors hooked up to watch he vitals.

 

"She was lucky, I have to say. The damage could have been a lot worse. As it is now the head wound has only caused a minor concussion and a little bleeding. We had to cut away some of her hair in the back to get to the wound and we stitched up the gash."

 

The doctor stopped here to let the Mrs. Higurashi approach her daughter and take her hand. Seiichi waited for what else he had to say.

 

"The other injury," He stopped trying to assess the best way to explain it.

 

"Well the injury to vaginal walls is minimal and should heal in time but there could be problems in the future with child birth. Most of the bleeding that occurred was from the breaking of her hymen."

 

Mrs. Higurashi nodded deafly. Her daughter's face was covered in bruises and swollen. If she hadn't known better, she wouldn't have thought this was her daughter. Tears began to flood down her face again as she collapsed on her daughter's bed.

 

"I can never seem to protect you sweetie, I'm sorry, I'm such a bad mother." She whispered into the blankets.

 

Seiichi walked up behind the older woman and hugged her. He let the tears he had been holding back finally fall in silence.

 

The doctor excused himself. It was a very traumatic situation and it would be best to leave them be for the moment. He grabbed a pack of cigarettes from his office and walked outside.

 

He took out one of the nicotine sticks from the package and lit it. Inhaling slowly he reflected on the night.

 

"You." A guys voice called from beside him.

 

A teenage boy was standing extremely close to him and looked to be sniffing the air.

 

"You smell of Kagome. How is she?" The strangely accented boy asked.

 

The man backed away, his normally calm exterior fading at the strange vibe he was getting from the boy.

 

"I asked you…how is Kagome?"

 

"S-she's fine. She has a minor concussion and we had to stitch up the head wound but other than that she'll be fine." The doctor stuttered.

 

The boy nodded and turned his attention away from the doctor again.

 

"Take good care of her, doctor," Gregor looked back to the doctor, his eyes bleeding red. "Or I'll kill you."

 

The doctor's eyes widened at the threat. He dropped the cigarette and rushed back into the hospital.

 

He informed the nurse about the boy and his threat. The nurse commented that they had been having problems with that same kid all night and assured him they would call the cops.

 

The cops arrived but Gregor wasn't anywhere to be found.

 

*~*~*~*~

 

Kagome remained unconscious for the next few days. The doctors explained that this wasn't uncommon for a head trauma and there was nothing really to worry about.

 

Mrs. Higurashi stayed most of the time at her daughter's side. She decided that maybe if Kagome heard a familiar voice she would wake up sooner.

 

She had brought all Kagome's favorite books from when she was a child to her days as a teenager and read them. She would read the newspapers and magazines, informing her daughter of the latest news and fashions.

 

Sota would come by after school with their grandfather but would only stay a couple hours before being shooed off to do his homework.

 

Seiichi found himself spending lots of time with the Higurashi's, either at their home or with Mrs. Higurashi at the hospital.

 

They had offered him a spare room and he usually spent the night with the family and helped out around the house.

 

Gregor was still not allowed in the hospital so he dropped his Scottish disguise and came in as Koga with many others from his pack.

 

The pack members had decorated Kagome's room in various flowers, balloons, cards, and stuffed animals. The women smuggled in real food for Mrs. Higurashi to eat, which she was very grateful for, and she often found herself sharing with Kagome's doctor, Yogi Amida.

 

The doctor had been very helpful to Mrs. Higurashi and kept an extra eye out on her daughter. He often spent his off time keeping her company while she sat with her daughter.

 

The only one who had not come to visit Kagome was Miroku and Mrs. Higurashi was a bit upset over this fact. She wanted to give the boy a piece of her mind but after that she just wanted him to sit with her and wait.

 

It was painfully obvious that Kagome felt some sort of connection with the boy and in her heart she thought that maybe, he could help her come back to them.

 

She finally voiced her thoughts to Koga and Seiichi one day and the agreed with her. They explained to Mrs. Higurashi things might be a little more difficult than just bringing him in, however.

 

Miroku was bailed out of jail by his very angry parents and since then no one had seen him, not even his family. He had just up and left.

 

Seeing that the Higurashi's weren't going to press charges it wasn't a matter for the police and even though the Tensei's had filed a missing persons report the police department didn't put it on their high priority list.

 

So now they were all left to wonder where the boy had run off too and pray that Kagome would wake soon.

 

* * * *

 

I'll leave it here for now. No worries though, I should have another update by tonight.

 

So…any guesses to where our dear Miroku went off to? He hasn't disappeared completely yet.

 

And don't you just love the Doctor! I do.

 

I've had some requests for Seiichi, like people want him…isn't he cute? I figured I should fill out his character more and I really like how things turned out with him.

 

This chapter is a bit strange because I wasn't sure how to write it so I just jumped in.

 

My little sister is currently in the hospital and last fall my older sister was in the hospital, so I know all about spending tons of time in hospitals…it sucks!

 

Next chapter is going to be a little different and I'm going to have several characters introduced. I know, strange thing to do near the end of a piece, but I'm doing it anyway, so there!

 

Uyeda will reappear before the end of the chapter, or at least a mention of him. He won't get away scot-free.

 

Uo will make another appearance too, and possibly a friend or two of hers. Did anyone notice the reference of Uo? Because if you did, you'll know who else is about to be introduced.

 

That's it for now.

 

Until Next Time…

 

Sfae