InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Be Careful What You Say ❯ Chapter three: Explanations ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter three

"Kaede!" Kagome screamed, as she stopped Kirara in front of Kaede's hut. "Kaede, where are you?"

"What ailes thee, child?"asked the elderly miko, as she appeared at the door. "What do ye ne..."she stopped in mid-sentence as she saw Inuyasha. "Quickly, child! Get him inside!"

As Kagome passed Inuyasha down to Kaede, a sleepy Shippou appeared in the door. "What's going on, Kagome?" yawned the little kitsune. As he looked around, he noticed Inuyasha's wound. Shocked completely awake, he started to cry. "What's happened to Inuyasha? Who stabbed him? Is he alright? Kagome, what happened? Kaede-sama, can you heal him?" Shippou wailed the questions at Kagome, rapid fire.

Kaede looked at the little kitsune with compassion in her eye. "Kagome, child, take care of the lad."she ordered softly. "He needs thee, and ye need him."

"But I don't want to leave Inuyasha." objected Kagome.

"There is little ye can do to help me, child. Ye are in no state of mind to help me. Now, let's get Inuyasha inside so that I can work to save his life." admonished Kaede.

When Kagome came back to the door, she was tackled by the crying kitsune. "Kagome, what happened? Who did this?" he whimpered.

The tears began again. Kagome held Shippou, gently stroking the fur on his head until he had stopped crying. Gathering her courage and biting down on her fear, she answered his question. "Sippou, I'm the one who hurt Inuyasha."she said softly.

"What!? Why did you do that? I thought you liked him?"exclaimed Shippou.

Kagome began to cry. "I love him!"she cried. "It was an accident. I got mad at him and sat him. I didn't know he had that knife. I didn't dream he was carving..."she broke off. "The carving...where is the carving!?"she asked frantically. "I've lost it!" she wailed. "I've got to find it! Please help me find it, Shippou!"she begged.

"Kagome? What carving?" asked a very confused Shippou.

"We've got to find it!" Kagome shouted. "I'm not going to lose Inuyasha's carving!"

She was searching the grass frantically when Miroku and Sango arrived. Sango knew what was wrong with her friend. "Kagome!" Sango called. "We found the carving at the tree."

Kagome rushed to her friend. Reaching out with trembling hands, she took the carving from Sango. As she clutched it to her chest, she sank to her knees, sobbing. "Thank you, oh thank you." she managed to say, through her sobs. "I was afraid I had lost this too."

Miroku and Sango looked at each other. Fearing the worst, Miroku gently asked, "How is he?"

"I don't know. Kaede told me to leave and she would call when she needed me."

Shippou crawled into Kagome's lap and whimpered. Kagome hugged the little kitsune to her. "May I see the carving?" he asked. "I just want to see what upset you so much."

Kagome nodded and showed him the carving. "This is good! I didn't know dog boy had it in him!"

"I know." Kagome smiled through her tears. "I had no idea that he could do something like this."

"Still waters run deep." said Miroku. " I suspect that there are many hidden things about our friend that would shock us. I just hope that we get the chance to find out."

The monk sat next to Kagome and took her hand. He motioned for Sango to sit down and took her hand in his other. "I think that now would be a good time for us to pray for him. Kagome, I know that you are not the same faith as I, but please join me. Sango, I have never asked you your beliefs, but I ask you to join me, as well." The girls closed their eyes and joined hands forming a ring. This was how Kaede found them.

Shippou noticed her first. "Kaede-sama! How is Inuyasha?"

Everyone jumped to their feet. Before the questions could begin, the elderly miko held up her hand. "Hold. I shall tell thee that he is alive....for now. I was unable to heal him completely. So now I need to know what happened."