InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Beauty and the Beast, Inuyasha Style!! ❯ Enemies, and Escape ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 5

Note: Naturally, in this story, most of the characters have slightly altered histories and agenda's than in the manga or anime. However, for the most part, I tried to keep their dispositions the same. Also, please remember that these demons all know each other, because they once lived in the same castle, and more than likely have fought before.

*~*~*~*~*

(The next day, near the border of the forest, Sango and Miroku are walking stealthily along, trying not to draw the attention of any demons. Sango carries her boomerang and Miroku follows behind with his staff as they hunt along, looking for signs of the path they took last time. Suddenly Sango stops and looks up. At the other side of a clearing stands a small Kirara, looking cute and innocent, perched on a log grooming herself.)

Miroku (whispers): ...Is it a...youkai?

Sango: I'm not sure...it looks like it could be...

(They stop as Kirara suddenly finishes her grooming, leaps off the log and walks cautiously over to Sango. Sango gets ready, but doesn't attack as Kirara starts rubbing against her legs. Sango stares down in shock.)

Miroku: It seems harmless enough...

(As Sango looks up to nod at Miroku, Kirara suddenly ducks between Sango's legs and transforms. With one leap she lifts the surprised Sango into the air on her back and starts sailing high above the orange tree tops.)

Sango: !

Miroku: SANGO!!!

(He takes off in pursuit of them on foot while Sango clings to Kirara's back. After a while, they reach the edge of the forest and Kirara descends, sharply tossing Sango to the earth. She rolls several times, dropping Hiraigotsu as Miroku clears the forest and runs towards her, lifting her to a sitting position in his arms.)

Miroku (out of breath): Sango, are you okay?

(Sango groans, but sits up by herself, unharmed. Kirara lands on the ground by the edge of the forest, and Miroku places himself between Sango and the giant cat, waiting for it to attack. Much to their surprise, however, Kirara merely un-transforms back into her cute little self and stands looking at them for a minute. There is a pause before Kirara gives them a stern nod with her head, and with a little goodbye call, vanishes into the forest again. Miroku and Sango look at each other a moment, then back to the forest.)

Miroku (slightly astonished): What do you make of it, Sango?

Sango (also astonished): I do believe...we've just been kicked out...

*~*~*~*~*~*

(A few hours later, just after dark, Kagome sits at the window of her room staring out into the night. From her vantage point, she has a nice view of the inner courtyard and the main entrance to the castle)

Kagome (sigh): It's been exactly three days since I came here...and no one's come to get me...Maybe they all really do think I'm dead...

(There's a knocking on the door and Kagome looks up from her window.)

Kagome: Who is it?

Shippo: It's me, I brought you some dinner.

Kagome: Come in!

(She opens the door for Shippo, knowing he's too short to do it with his hands full, and taking the platter, sets it on a dresser. Shippo follows her into the room.)

Shippo: Kagome, are you sure you don't want to eat dinner with us again?

(Kagome nods as she takes the lid off her pickled vegetables and rice, and starts eating.)

Kagome (stubbornly): I'm not going to go anywhere until that stupid Inuyasha returns my ring and apologises for his behaviour. I don't care how sorry his situation is, nobody has the right to treat people like that.

(Shippo looks at the ground, disappointed while Kagome munches away.)

*~*~*~*~*

Inuyasha: Hey Tanuki, what are we having tonight? Same old thing eh? Keh! I'm starting to wonder if it's really because of the lack of food, or if it's because you've forgotten how to cook anything else. Hehehe...

(Inuyasha sits at a long dinner table in a large dinning hall, once again leaning sideways in his elaborate high backed chair. He seems to be back to his regular self, teasing Tanuki and smirking with his usual smug confidence. It's obvious that no one else feels the same though. Tanuki silently places a dish in front of him and sits down at the table as far away from Inuyasha as possible. Beside him is Kirara on the table, and Shippo sitting on a large stack of books. All of them are silent as Inuyasha starts to eat, eyes closed, shoving food into his face with his one hand. Shippo looks at him with disgust. After a minute, Inuyasha notices the rather cool atmosphere.)

Inuyasha (Swallowing): Hey Shippo, what's with that face? You find a worm in your food or something?

Shippo (Spitefully): No, it's the worm in front of me that's ruining my appetite.

(Inuyasha stops and stands up as Kirara and Tanuki stop eating. In the tense silence that follows, only the sound of Shippo's chopsticks can be heard as he munches silently, ignoring Inuyasha's angry glare.)

Inuyasha (menacingly): Hey Shippo, what's with that attitude you got there? You'd better hurry up and apologise before you regret it.

Shippo (coldly): Strange, that's what I should be telling you.

(Ignoring Inuyahsa, he quietly picks up his plate and starts walking off towards the door.)

Shippo (Still cold): Inuyasha, we're not going to talk to you until you make up with Kagome by apologising.

Inuyasha: WHAT!?! Like I'm ever going to apologise to some low-level peasant girl like....

(He stops as Tanuki and Kirara get up, Tanuki grabbing both their plates as he follows Shippo into another room. Shippo pauses at the door, but doesn't look back.)

Shippo (with super sarcasm): Us low level peasants are going to eat in the kitchen then. Enjoy your meal, Prince Inuyasha...

(Inuyasha watches them leave with an astonished face. He stays that way for a few moments after the door is shut, and then looks around the empty hall, almost sorry. This only lasts for a second though before he crosses his arms and sticks his nose in the air indignantly.)

Inuyasha: Keh!

(He sits back down and starts eating again in his usual fashion, no longer smirking though. He mumbles inaudible curses through the food he eats and then swallows loudly. A second after this he takes his arm and swipes it across the table, sending his plate and cup flying into the far wall. Then he stands up and storms out of the room.)

Inuyasha: Damn, stupid...why should I have to apologise?

(He turns up a flight of stairs leading to the wing Kagome's staying in.)

Inuyasha: Heh, she's the one freeloading in my castle. She's lucky I didn't just leave her in the forest to die. Ungrateful little...

(He takes several more steps before he suddenly stops in front of an open window, sniffing the air.)

*Sniff*

Inuyasha (startled): Huh!? This smell...demon blood?!

(He instantly turns and jumps out the window, following his nose.)

*~*~*~*~*

(Meanwhile, Kagome is sitting at her window looking board as Inuyasha streaks by. She sits up as she watches him bound easily over the wall and out into the forest.)

Kagome (surprised): Huh? Where's he off to in such a hurry?

(She waits for several more minutes, nothing happens.)

Kagome (realizing): ...He's not coming back...

Kagome (excitedly):...Then that means...This is my chance to escape!

(Cautiously she tests the vines around her window and discovers they will hold her weight. Clinging to them, she begins her descent, three stories to the ground.)

Kagome (panting): Hang in there...Grandpa, Grandma, Souta, Mama...I'm coming!

*~*~*~*~*

(Inuyasha races through the forest at top speed, dodging trees and bushes as they appear before him. Suddenly he stops at the edge of a clearing and puts his hand on the hilt of Tetsuiga, looking grim. Before him, we see the corpses of several large demons, shredded and scattered about. Inuyasha suddenly narrows his eyes, angrily.)

(An instant later he leaps to the side as a blur of purple jumps down on him from above, ripping up the ground with the force of it's impact. Inuyasha lands unharmed to the side and turns to face his opponent, hand still ready on Tetsuiga. Slowly, Juromaru appears out of the settling dust, crouched down, gazing eerily at Inuyasha from under his long unkempt purple hair. Inuyasha parts his lips in a snarl.)

Inuyasha: Keh! So you're the bastard who's done this. I know, I can smell their blood all over you...

(Juromaru says nothing, and just continues to stare emotionless at Inuyasha, his breath coming in icy rasps as he does so. Inuyasha glares back at him as he takes his hand off the hilt of his sword and prepares to strike with his claws.)

Inuyasha (threatening): Not only that, but you smell like Naraku, only he could be behind a slaughter this gory. So bastard, if you have any last requests, say them now...

Inuyasha (Charging): ...before I slice my claws through your neck!

(In a blur of motion, Juromaru is gone and Inuyasha's claws strike the earth instead. Instantly he turns around to fend off an attack from Juromaru, who has appeared behind him.)

Inuyasha (Struggling): Dammit! This bastard's fast!

(Juromaru punches at him, sending him flying. He hits the ground on his back, and slides a good while before stopping, getting up, he has a large cut across his cheek.)

Inuyasha: What was that? I know I dodged it...did his arm change it's shape?

Inuyasha (reaching for Tetsuiga): Alright bastard, you asked for this...

(He draws and charges at Juromaru again, transformed Tetsuiga in hand. Juromaru leaps out of the way of his first attack and rebounds for a counter strike. Inuyasha dodges his punch and slices down with his sword, seemingly cutting off Juromaru's hand. However, upon jumping back, he doesn't look pleased...)

Inuyasha (Worried): That wasn't right, I didn't actually feel his arm being cut...

(Juromaru attacks again, cutting his thoughts short. Inuyasha jumps backwards and recoils off the ground for speed. He launches himself full at Juromaru, but halfway through his flight, something jumps up from the ground and goes through Inuyasha's stomach. His eyes bug out in surprise and pain as he approaches Juromaru. Too late, he notices Juromaru's claws as they rake across his chest. Inuyasha goes flying and lands in a heap to the side.)

Inuyasha (getting up): Sh...shit...

Kageromaru: Kukukuku...How does it feel Inuyasha, having your insides ripped apart?

(Inuyasha looks up, surprised at a worm looking thing with a human head and two blades for hands. It has the same purple hair as Juromaru.)

Inuyasha (standing): Bastard...who are you?

Kageromaru: Kukukukuku...so you don't remember Inuyasha? The face of your faithful servant, Kageromaru?

Inuyasha (Shocked): Kageromaru?!?!

Kageromaru: Hmmmm, it's not surprising that you wouldn't recognise me, Inuyasha. I looked much different before I was cursed. It's not too appealing, is it?

Inuyasha (Smirking): Damn right, it's butt ugly...a perfect match with your personality, you asshole.

(He leaps back as Juromaru suddenly attacks him from the front, Inuyasha dodges a few more swipes before taking a hit in the shoulder and falling back.)

Kageromaru: Bastard! It's because of you that I am like this, because of that stupid curse I have been stuck in this body for one hundred years, feeding off of dead corpses, unable to extract my revenge. But now, you will suffer!!

(Juromaru attacks him, the end result of which is Inuyasha flying backwards into a tree. He grimaces and gets up slowly.)

Kageromaru: That pain...feel it to your bones. I'll take my time before finishing you off, so you can feel pure agony as I have.

Inuyasha (angrily): You weak shit! You couldn't beat me yourself so you asked that bastard Naraku to help you. He's the one who lent you this bastard right here, didn't he?

(Inuyasha dodges Juromaru some more while Kageromaru talks)

Kageromaru: Kukukuku...You always were good at stating the obvious. Naraku and I made an agreement you see. I kill you, freeing myself and everyone from this rotten curse. In return, Naraku will take your throne and become a true king, like your miserable self could never be!

(Inuyasha is still fighting Juromaru as Kageromaru dives underground.)

Kageromaru (from below): Inuyasha, give up and accept your fate like a man. By sacrificing yourself, we could all be free from this accursed forest.

(Inuyasha listens, fending of Juromaru while looking out for Kageromaru. Suddenly, he leans forewards, just in time for Kageromaru to miss his chest. He isn't quite fast enough however, and blood goes flying from a light slash up Inuyasha's back. Instantly Juromaru catches him in the side with his claws and hurtles him across the clearing. Where he lands, Inuyasha stays still for a moment, still holding Tetsuiga, bleeding from two new wounds.)

Kageromaru: Had enough already Inuyasha? Kukukuku, you're not nearly as tough as Naraku said you'd be. If this keeps up, it really will be as easy as a sacrifice...

Inuyasha (getting up to his hands and knees): And where...did you meet Naraku...huh?

Kageromaru: Kukuku...is that your last request Inuyasha? Very well, I will tell you, it is a place that you know well, but haven't been to in some time. Must be hard for you though, with all your victims buried there...

(Inuyasha has managed to get up to sit on his heels, he looks angry at what Kageromaru has just said.)

Kukukuku: I know why you carry that sword Inuyasha, because without it, you lose your mind and run around killing anything that gets in your way. Kukuku...you even killed your own father like that. I saw. You tore him limb from limb as if he were a rag doll. Such a pitiful end, for a pitiful king...

Inuyasha (Growls): ...You bastard...

(He suddenly stands up quite easily, his sword ready in his hand.)

Inuyasha: Who's pitiful, you bastard. A fuck like you? Spending a hundred years as a worm, waiting for revenge, only to die without accomplishing anything. Keh!

Kageromaru: Oh? Those are brave words for someone who is half dead himself already...

(Instantly, Inuyasha charges at Juromaru, Tetsuiga in hand. With easy speed he dodges Juromaru's savage punches and slices him into bits with one powerful swing of Tetsuiga. He lands on his feet and turns around to face Kageromaru, a confident smirk playing on his lips.)

Inuyasha (mockingly): Ha! As if I could be done in my a slimy little bastard like you. You didn't actually think I'd hand over my kingdom to the likes of Naraku did you? If you hadn't of wasted so much time flapping your lips with pointless information, I would have killed you long ago.

(Now it's Kageromaru's turn to be frightened. In an instant, he turns his tail and starts to run.)

Kageromaru: This bastard, he was playing me for information all along...

(He gasps as Inuyasha appears beside him.)

Kageromaru: B...bastard...

Inuyasha: TETSUIGA!!!

*~*~*~*~*~*