InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Beauty and the Beast, Inuyasha Style!! ❯ Worries and Hopes ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 6

(Actions)

Speech:.....

thoughts:.....

*Sounds*

*~*~*~*~*~*

Shippo (Yelling): Kagome!! Kagome!! Where are you?

(He walks along the abandoned halls yelling with his hands cupped to his mouth. Behind him Tanuki and Kirara come running up.)

Shippo: Any luck?

(They shake their heads unhappily.)

Tanuki: And Master Inuyasha doesn't seem to be around either. You don't think he took her anywhere do you?

(Shippo stops to consider this as Myouga suddenly bounds down the hall yelling.)

Myouga: Shippo! Shippo!!!

(They wait until he finally arrives.)

Myouga (Tired): Thank goodness I found you. It's Kagome, she's escaped into the forest...

All: WHAT!!

Shippo (paniced): Myouga, when was this!

Myouga: I came as fast as I could, I saw her run out the main gate almost an hour ago, right after Lord Inuyasha left...

Shippo: An hour ago! Wh...why didn't you say something? Oh no, I should have watched her more carefully. Anything could have happened by now! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!

(He starts hitting himself on the head as a shadow appears in the hall behind them.)

Inuyasha: Hey Shippo, don't beat yourself up. If you want someone to put lumps on your head, I'll be glad to do it...

Tanuki: Master Inuyasha!

(they all turn to look at him in Surprise.)

Shippo (paniced): Inuyasha, it's Kagome, she's...

(He stops as he notices the cut on Inuyasha's cheek and the blood on the hand he has pressed against his stomach. You can't see much else in the darkness.)

Tanuki: Master Inuyasha...th...those wounds!!

Inuyasha (Turning his nose up): Keh! They're nothing. Shippo, what were you saying about that bitch?

Shippo: Kagome's escaped! Myouga saw her leave the main gate an hour ago...

Inuyasha (angry): WHAT!!

(Inuyasha narrows his eyes angrily at this, and Shippo stops, shrinking back in fear. Inuyasha isn't mad at Shippo though, instead he turns to head back down the hall.)

Inuyasha: Stupid bitch...I warned her about the forest...

Tanuki: Master...where are you going?

Inuyasha (going up to a window): Isn't it obvious? She's my prisoner, I'm going to find her and bring her back.

Shippo: But Inuyasha, you have a hole through your stomach...

Inuyasha (harshly): Shut up. I shouldn't be long, Kirara, guard the castle until I get back.

(Inuyasha has leapt out the window and is gone.)

*~*~*~*~*

(Meanwhile in the forest, Kagome is walking along slowly, looking slightly confused. A full moon above her provides her with a fair amount of light as a cold wind sweeps past sending down a rain of autumn leaves.)

Kagome (shivers): Brrrrr....I hope I get home soon...

Kagome: But which way is home...everything looks the same to me...

(Suddenly there is a rustle in the bushes behind her and Kagome looks back, eyes growing wide with fear. In an instant, they part as a giant praying mantis monster with sharp blades appears, towering over Kagome. It swipes at her, barely missing her as she turns to run.)

Kagome: Kya!!

(She hasn't run too far before she trips on a hidden root and falls to the ground. Terrified she looks back over her shoulder to see the Mantis's blade coming towards her at full speed. She screams and shuts her eyes.)

Inuyasha: SANKON TETSUO!

(There's a slashing sound and Kagome looks up as the Mantis's blade thumps to the ground in pieces. She's even more surprised when she realises Inuyasha is standing between her and the Mantis, protecting her.)

Inuyasha (to Mantis): Hey, bastard, you know the rules, no killing humans!

(The mantis stops, recognising Inuyasha, and also realising that he's injured. It raises it's other blade to take a swing at him.)

Inuyasha: Keh! What are you stupid?

(Inuyasha easily leaps above the blade and kicks the mantis hard in the head. It falls backwards with a large bang, taking a few trees with it.)

Inuyasha (shouting): Got that bastard? It'd take you a million years to beat me. Instead, you've got five seconds to leave here before I tear you to shreds.

(He holds up his claw to stress his point and the mantis slowly starts to retreat into the shadows. Kagome watches it go as she sits on the ground, looking amazed. Once it's gone, Inuyasha turns to her with a menacing glare.)

Inuyasha (shouting): Damn bitch, I told you not to leave the castle! You try that again and I won't come to save you're sorry...ung...

(He takes a step towards Kagome with his fist raised to threaten her some more. She already has her arms in front of her to fend him off. Inuyasha's body however, has had enough and he staggers a bit, grimacing and holding his hand to the wound in his stomach.)

Kagome: Huh?

(Kagome's eyes widen in surprise as she realises that he's injured. She stands up and leans towards him.)

Kagome (concerned): Inuyasha...you're hurt!!

(Inuyasha casts her a suspicious glare and she backs away a bit. After a moment, he forces himself to stand straight again.)

Inuyasha (annoyed): I'm going back. If you want to come, fine, if not, don't expect me to save your ass next time you get attacked.

(He starts to head back to the castle as Kagome watches him go looking surprised and confused. For a second she looks around the forest as if she might just try her luck, but then she sees Inuyasha again.)

Kagome: It's almost...as if he came to save me from the monsters...

(Her face softens a bit and a moment later she runs up and walks along beside him, a concerned look on her face. Inuyasha has his eyes closed and looking annoyed like always, Kagome watches him as they walk.)

Inuyasha: What is it?

(He looks at her suspiciously out of the corner of his eye. Kagome backs away and holds her hands up in innocence.)

Kagome (smile): Nothing, nothing...I just wanted to say thank you for saving me, that's all.

(Inuyasha narrows his eyes at her, before turning to look away and stick his nose up in the air as usual, but the sudden movement causes him to wince in pain. He stops walking and looks down at the hole in his stomach and his blood covered hand, seemingly concerned for the first time. Suddenly a folded green shawl is placed in his hand. Inuyasha looks at Kagome, surprised.)

Kagome (gently): You can use that for now, and I'll bandage you up properly when we get back to the castle. Okay?

Kagome: Inuyasha... ... Maybe he isn't so mean after all...

(She takes a few steps ahead while Inuyasha watches her with the same stunned look on his face, holding her shawl to his wound. After a few moments, he starts to follow behind her. This time however, he's quiet, and instead of his usual annoyed look, his face is calm and deep in thought.)

Inuyasha: ...Kagome...

(A/N: There's a pic of this on "my" homepage.)

*~*~*~*~*

(Meanwhile, in the clearing where Inuyasha fought Juromaru, a figure wrapped in a baboon pelt approaches. Quietly, it walks out to the center of the clearing and looks about.)

Naraku: So, Juromaru and Kageromaru failed huh? Hmm...

(He doesn't sound the least bit disappointed, but more like he expected it. He stands there at the center of the clearing for a moment, as long snake like arms begin to spread out from under his baboon pelt. They soon cover the surface of the clearing and everything in it, and then disappear back under the baboon pelt, taking all the flesh of the dead monsters with it.)

Naraku: They killed some strong bastards though. I shall make good use of them...

(There is some shifting under the pelt and then nothing. Naraku walks off into the forest again.)

Naraku: Just wait Inuyasha, one day I shall have your throne...

*~*~*~*~*

(Back at the castle, everyone is lounging about in the light of a large fire. Kagome is bandaging Inuyasha's up while Kirara and Tanuki doze on a couch off to the side. Shippo and Myouga are busy questioning Inuyasha.)

Shippo: Kageromaru was siding with Naraku huh? Oh well, that bastard always was creepy to begin with.

Myouga: Hmmmm, but why did he decide to attack now after all these years? Inuyasha, you said Naraku lent him some strength?

Inuyasha: Yeah, that bastard was hiding inside of some other guy when we fought, and he reeked of Naraku.

Myouga: Hmmmm, it seems that Naraku's powers have increased again. We must be careful from now on.

Kagome (pulling out some disinfectant): Who is this Naraku guy anyway?

(She dabs some on Inuyasha's wounds with a cloth. His face contorts comically in pain and he spins around to glare at Kagome, who backs up a bit.)

Inuyasha: Hey! What are you trying to do?

Kagome (startled): It's disinfectant...it should only sting a little...

(At the words "a little" Inuyasha narrows his eyes at her before turning back around and crossing his arms over his chest.)

Inuyasha: Keh! Don't need it...

Kagome (protesting): But if those wounds get infected...

(Inuyasha gets up and walks over to where there is a clean shirt sitting on a chair and starts to put it on. Kagome watches him, still amazed at the fact that he's even alive.)

Inuyasha: Heh, that's one thing about this cursed body that's not so bad. In two, three days, all of this will be healed up.

(Kagome arches her eyebrows in disbelief.)

Kagome: ...only two or three days...

Shippo (nods): Yep. It's a good thing too, otherwise that idiot over there would have died ages ago...

Inuyasha (picking Shippo up): And what's that supposed to mean, stupid?

Shippo: N...Nothing, nothing...

(Inuyasha starts pummeling Shippo as Kagome looks on shocked)

Kagome: Y...you mean this happens a lot?

Myouga: Hmmmm...

(Kagome turns her attention respectfully to Myouga while Inuyasha continues beating up on Shippo)

Myouga: Naraku was the one who originally cursed Lord Inuyasha, using the power of a jewel he stole from a visiting princess. However, once he had the jewel, he began absorbing more and more of it's power, and influencing it with his evil heart. Through that, he became very powerful, and even after being cursed, he continued to seek the throne and Lord Inuyasha's death. Even now he is steadily increasing his powers, by absorbing the strength of other demons into his body. Above all, he is sneaky and malicious, using others to do his dirty work for him while he hides in the shadows.

(Inuyasha finishes pummeling Shippo and starts to leave the room. Kagome watches him go.)

Kagome: Inuyasha, where are you going?

(Inuyasha stops.)

Inuyasha (stuck up): Wherever I want. I don't have to answer to my prisoner.

(Kagome gets angry and tosses a small piece of firewood at him, hitting him on the back of the head. He turns around looking amgry.)

Inuyasha: HEY!

Kagome (vein pop): Why you, I was only concerned that's all, but if you're going to be like that then I won't bother.

(She does a classic Inuyasha, turning her nose up at him and sitting on the floor with her arms folded across her chest. Inuyasha takes a step backwards in shock, pausing for a second, then doing the same thing and walking out of the room. Back by the fire, Shippo sits up rubbing his lumped head.)

Shippo: Owieowieowieowie...

(Kagome comes out of her miffed pose and looks depressed. Myouga watches her.)

Myouga: Is something wrong, lady Kagome?

Kagome (startled): N..no. It's nothing.

Shippo: You should just ignore him when he's like that Kagome. He only does it so he can look tough, he doesn't mean it.

Kagome (shaking her head): No, it's not that...it's just...I guess I can't go home can I?

(Shippo and Myouga look at her, realizing as Kagome goes silent again. After a moment Shippo jumps up to her.)

Shippo: Kagome, why do you want to leave so much, don't you like us?

(Kagome looks at Shippo shocked.)

Kagome: Shippo, don't even think such a thing! I like all of you very much!

(She looks at the ground again.)

Kagome (Sigh): It's just that I'm worried about my family is all.

*~*~*~*~*

Souta: Sango, when is Sis coming back?

(Souta is being tucked into bed by Sango back at the Higurashi shrine. Sango looks at him gently.)

Sango: We're going to get her back as soon as we can, so don't worry.

Souta: But if you can't go into the forest because that cat's watching you, then what will you do.

Sango: Shhhhhh, we'll think of something. If anything, I think that cat was a good sign today.

Souta: A good sign?

Sango (nods): Even though it could have killed me, that demon today didn't even attack us. It didn't want to hurt anyone, which is a very good sign for us.

(She gets up and blows out the candle)

Sango: Now get some sleep and let us worry about Kagome. Wherever she is, I'm sure she wishes you sweet dreams.

(Sango shuts the door.)

*~*~*~*~*