InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Beauty and the Beast, Inuyasha Style!! ❯ Goshinki Attacks ( Chapter 8 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 8

*~*~*~*

In the castle Kagome and Kirara are walking down some dark plane stone corridors without decoration. After a moment, Kirara stops at one door and indicates that Kagome should open it. She does, and using a candle for light, looks into the room to find a store of weapons of all shapes and sizes.)

Kagome (impressed): Amazing, these were all used by the castle guards?

(Kirara nods, looking a little sad as she remembers of the "good old days." Kagome smiles at her gently.)

Kagome: Come here Kirara.

(She holds out her arms and Kirara takes the hint. Once she has leapt up Kagome starts scratching behind her ears and under her chin in comfort, smiling as Kirara starts to purr.)

Kagome (Still holding Kirara): Now then, what will I take.

(She scans the room until she finds a plane bow and a matching quiver of arrows. She picks them up, tests them, and finding them to her liking, tells Kirara...)

Kagome: My Grandma taught me archery when I was young. I can still remember a lot of it, even though I've never actually shot at anything other than trees.

(Kirara nods in approval and they head out of the room. They just manage to shut the door behind them when a loud boom is heard from far off. Kagome and Kirara freeze and look at each other. After a moment, the sound is repeated. This time however, Kirara jumps out of Kagome's arms and runs towards the noise, transforming as she goes. Kagome follows some distance behind.)

*~*~*~*~*

(back in the market Inuyasha is stomping past some open booths looking annoyed. Myouga on his shoulder is chattering and pointing a everything they pass.)

Myouga (excited): Oh look! look! That necklace at that stand is very beautiful...Oh my, those flowers there are very nice... Hmmm, those chocolates look delicious don't they Lord Inuyasha?

(Inuyasha gives Myouga a strange look.)

Inuyasha: Hey, Myouga, what are you babbling on about? Don't tell me you actually want this junk...

Myouga: Me? Oh no, no...I was just thinking that if you bought one of these for Lady Kagome, I'm sure it would be greatly apprecia...

*Squish*

(Inuyasha glares at Myouga as he flutters down from Inuyasha's pressed fingers.)

Myouga: *Flutter* *Flutter*

Inuyasha (yelling): Don't you ever learn you damn geezer! I told you there was no way in hell that was ever going to happen. Forget about it!!

(Inuyasha suddenly looks up to find all the people in the area stare at him while he apparently talks to himself. Inuyasha narrows his eyes at everyone before stomping ahead at a rapid pace. A few seconds later, Myouga catches up with him.)

Myouga: Lord Inuyasha, Lord Inuyasha, wait for me!

Inuyasha: What is it now you old fat?

Myouga: Well, even if it isn't to win over her heart, you could at least do something to repay her for her kindness.

Inuyasha: What kindness? That bitch is eating us out of house and home.

Myouga: Hmmm...even so, the other's really seem happy to have her around, and she did treat your wounds for you, even after you made her cry...

(At this Inuyasha snaps.)

Inuyasha (yelling again): Hey you! That makes me sound like a bad guy!

*Squish*

(Myouga flutters to the ground for the second time. Suddenly, Inuyasha looks up and notices something. In the distance there's a small booth selling shawls and scarves, and Inuyasha has a memory flash of Kagome handing him her shawl for his wound. After a moment, he moves forward calmly, unintentionally stepping on Myouga as he goes.

Myouga: *Squash*

*~*~*~*~*

(Back at the castle Kirara and Kagome appear in the front courtyard. Kagome looks slightly scared and Kirara growls angrily. We soon see why as Goshinki, spider mark and all, is standing at the gates, crashing things at random. In an instant he turns to them.)

Goshinki: You...where is Inuyasha?

Kagome (worried): Oh no...this guy's after Inuyasha...

(Kirara doesn't hesitate and runs to take a dive at Goshinki. Goshinki, however just smiles and with one powerful swipe smashes Kirara to the side.)

Kagome (worried): Kirara!

(Kirara hits a wall and slides down, but remains transformed. She painfully gets back up and charges for another attack. Once again Goshinki easily swipes her out of the way, bouncing her back towards Kagome.)

Kagome: Kirara!!

(She rushes to Kirara's side. Kirara remains transformed but is in a lot of pain, and bleeding from her side. Goshinki laughs.)

Goshinki: Kirara, were you just thinking of taking Kagome and running away to the market where Inuyasha is? Hehehe, that's not like you Kirara, you've gotten weak living here in this castle!

Kagome (stunned and worried): This guy...he knows my name...how?

(She jumps as Goshinki addresses her.)

Goshinki: That's simple Kagome, I read your mind...and don't even think of using your bow as I'd cut you to shreds before you could even draw it back, heh heh heh...

(He laughs as Kagome stares at him, horrified. Suddenly Kirara starts to get up.)

Kagome: Kirara, you shouldn't move!!

Goshinki: Heh heh heh, so Kirara, you think you can last until Inuyasha and the others get back huh? Don't count on it. If that bastard comes here, he's coming to his death.

Kagome (pleadingly): ...Inuyasha...

*~*~*~*~*

(At the village the group has assembled with only Tanuki missing. At last he comes running up doing his bast to keep his cloak around him. Inuyasha looks at him, annoyed at his tardiness.)

Inuyasha: Hey Tanuki, where have you been huh? We've been waiting.

Tanuki: Uh, sorry Master Inuyasha, I found a farm, it's a bit of a ways off, but they're looking to sell their rice and vegetables for a fair price.

(Inuyasha looks at Tanuki, smiles and slaps him on the back. Tanuki actually cringes with fear as Inuyasha goes this, but nobody notices.)

Inuyasha: That's great Tanuki, now let's get going. The sooner we're out of this stinking town the better.

*~*~*~*~*

(Back at the castle.)

Goshinki (taunting): To the left huh Kirara? No, to the right now is it? You'd better make up your mind.

(Kirara growls as Goshinki teases her by reading her thoughts. She launches a straight on attack and once again gets smacked back. She re-transforms into her small size and stays down this time, but is not unconscious, just in a heck of a lot of pain. She's been slashed and is bleeding from several claw marks. Kagome runs to her.)

Kagome: Kirara!

(She kneels down beside Kirara, but doesn't dare move her for the moment. Goshinki laughs.)

Goshinki: Ha ha ha, that's right Kirara, I got this new strength from Naraku. Even though he's a pathetic bastard, he's still ten times more reasonable than that selfish Inuyasha. Don't you think?

Kagome: What's he talking about? Why has he, and everyone else sided with Naraku?

Goshinki: Oh Kagome...you want to know why everyone has turned on Inuyasha?

Kagome (scared): ..eh?

Goshinki (bitterly): It's simple really. You see, Kagome, once Inuyasha dies, the rest of us will lose these cursed bodies, and be free to roam the world as we wish. That is why we want him dead, it's only selfishness on his part that keeps us like this.

Kagome (confused): What?...but how?...why?...

Goshinki: You see Kagome, Inuyasha is cursed differently from us. Naraku turned him into a demon, that is true, but the rest of us remained human. After all, what's the point in ruling a kingdom full of demons?

Kagome (realising): Inuyasha's curse...is different from everybody else's?

Goshinki: That's right, and if it wasn't for that foreign princess, things would have stayed that way. However, she decided that the rest of us should suffer with him, until the day he drops fucking dead. We became demons because of him, and instead of setting us free like he could have, that bastard has made us suffer, simply because he fears what awaits him in hell...

*~*~*~*

(In the sky, Inuyasha and co. are riding on Tanuki just above the forest, with several barrels and bags of food behind them. Everyone is quiet, and Shippo seems to have something on his mind.)

Shippo: That guy who wants to destroy the forest, I should tell Inuyasha...

Shippo (sadly): ...But if I do that, Inuyasha won't have a reason to keep Kagome here anymore, and she'll go home...

(Shippo continues pondering this while Inuyasha suddenly sniffs the air. Suddenly he narrows his eyes and stands up looking tense and worried.)

Tanuki: What is it Master Inuyasha?

Inuyasha (worried): Tanuki, don't land. When you get to the castle, stay in the air until I tell you it's safe...

(He suddenly jumps off, much to the surprise of everyone else, and disappears under the thin late autumn foliage of the forest. Once he hits the ground, he starts dashing through the forest at top speed.)

Inuyasha (running): Kirara's blood, I can smell it coming from the castle. Something bad has happened...

*~*~*~*~*

(Back at the castle, a shocked Kagome is trying to absorb what Goshinki has just told her.)

Kagome: Everyone will be cursed...until Inuyasha dies??

(She looks up at Goshinki with a surprised and sad look in her eyes. Goshinki isn't paying attention to her though, he has his head turned away from her and is looking off to the side, as if sensing something. After a moment, he turns his whole body to face that same direction and backs away just as Inuyasha appears, leaping over the wall and landing a few feet in front of Goshinki with Tetsuiga drawn.)

Kagome: I...Inuyasha!

(She gives him one of those "am I glad to see you" looks, while he glances at her out of the corner of his eye, without taking his attention from Goshinki.)

Inuyasha: Kagome, what happened here? How's Kirara?

(Kagome looks worriedly down at Kirara, who still hasn't moved.)

Kagome: She's hurt...Inuyasha, be careful! This guy can...

Goshinki: That's enough out of you...

(Kagome stops as Goshinki gives her a menacing glare and turns to address Inuyasha.)

Goshinki: Inuyasha, you know why I'm here. Will you go quietly, or will I have the fun of repaying you by crushing your miserable cursed body?

Inuyasha (annoyed and angry): What are you talking about? As if I'd give in to some wimp like you Goshinki. Don't you remember what happened last time? You barely escaped with your life. You're strength is no match for me.

Goshinki (laughing): heh heh heh...Well then, why don't you try me Inuyasha?

(Goshinki takes a wide stance, as if inviting, as Inuyasha starts to run forwards. Kagome realises what Goshinki's up to.)

Kagome (worried): Wait, Inuyasha! This guy, he can read your thoughts!

(It is, of course, already too late. Inuyasha swings Tetsuiga which Goshinki easily evades. In a split second he is upon Inuyasha, grabbing him by his neck with his massive arm and tossing him base ball style head first into the stone steps at Kagome's feet.)

Kagome: Inuyasha!!

(She runs to his side as Inuyasha moves slowly to get up, wincing in pain as he tries to move his neck. There is a slight cracking sound.)

Goshinki (smiling): Ha, Inuyasha, did that crack the vertebrae in your neck? I'm surprised, especially since my strength is no match for you. Shall we try again?

Kagome: Inuyasha...

Inuyasha (grabbing neck): Sh...shit!

Kagome: Don't fight him Inuyasha, since he can read minds, he knows which attacks you will make. You can't defeat him...

Inuyasha: Shut up!

(He stands up with only minimal effort and stops rubbing his neck.)

Inuyasha: There's no way I could lose to a bastard like him. If he can read my mind, I'll just have to attack him so that he can't fight back or dodge it.

(He turns towards Goshinki and takes a few steps before saying something else.)

Inuyasha: Kagome, take Kirara and hide somewhere. I don't need you getting in my way.

(He turns back to Goshinki as Kagome nods. Up ahead, Goshinki just laughs.)

Goshinki: Go ahead, hide all you want. It'll be easy to find you when I read your thoughts.

(He starts laughing again.)

Goshinki: Which will it be Kagome? The garden, or maybe the empty pantry in the kitchen? He'd never think of looking there would he...heh heh heh.

(Kagome looks up nervously as Goshinki reads her mind.)

Goshinki: Kagome, if you move a foot from that spot, I'll rip you're pretty head from you're body.

Kagome (Terrified): Eh?...

Inuyasha (annoyed): Ah, fine then, stay there Kagome. This shouldn't take too long any ways.

Inuyasha: Shit, with her so close, I can't bring out Tetsuiga's true power.

Shippo: Inuyasha!!

(Everyone looks up to see that Tanuki and Shippo have finally arrived and are hovering above everyone else with the food still on Tanuki's back.)

Kagome: Shippo, Tanuki, stay away, it's dangerous.

(Painfully Kirara opens her eyes to see Tanuki and Shippo in the sky and perks as she gets an idea. Suddenly Kagome looks back to see Kirara transforming once again. Using all her strength she pulls herself to her feet and, grabs Kagome by the back of her shirt, and leaps into the sky. Kagome cries out in surprise and Goshinki suddenly rushes forward.)

Goshinki: Bitch! So you think you can...

(He dodges to the side just before Inuyasha slices him in half with Tetsuiga and Kirara flies up to where Tanuki is floating. She drops Kagome down lightly before de-transforming and falling onto Shippo, unconscious.)

Shippo (worried): Kirara!

Kagome: Hang in there Kirara!!

(Down on the ground, Goshinki lands to the side as Inuyasha looks up worriedly to where Tanuki and the others are.)

Inuyasha (genuinely): Thanks Kirara, now I can fight him with all my strength.

Goshinki: Heh heh heh, how wise of them. Abandoning you to die by your miserable self.

Inuyasha: Shut up Goshinki. You shouldn't be laughing, unless you intend to die smiling.

Goshinki: Ha ha ha. You say that, but you're mind is really desperate. Well then Inuyasha, let's see you do it, try to cut the wound of the wind.

Inuyasha: That bastard, he really can read my mind. Well then, I won't hold back!

(At this, Inuyasha snarls angrily and gets ready to use Tetsuiga. Suddenly he leaps forward at top speed, towards Goshinki. After a few steps he leaps in the air, ready to strike.)

Inuyasha: KAZE NO KITSU!

Goshinki: GO TO HELL!!

(At the last instant Goshinki breaks through the wound of the wind and ducks under Tetsuiga's horizontal path. He then grabs Inuyasha around his torso, digs his claws in at either side, and smashes him to the ground.)

*~*~*~*~*~*