InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Change of Heart: Inuyasha's Will ❯ Chapter I ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Disclaimer: This is not mine. I REPEAT, not mine. The storyline is just not the characters and whatnot.
---

Change of Heart: Chapter One

~Inuyasha....Inuyasha! She saved you Inuyasha! She risked her life for you! She loves you, Inuyasha! Don't be so ungrateful! You owe her your life, Inuyasha...~

He snapped away in the tree, wiping the sweat from his brow, "Dammit. Another dream? Well not really a dream....but a black void...and a voice...a really clear one..." he shook it off and decided he wasn't going to go back to sleep tonight. He hopped out of the tree to find Kagome gone. 'Argh! Where did she go?! She knows it's not safe!' he thought angrily stomping through the woods only to come to a shocking stop. There beyond the bushes was Kagome, her unclothed body dripping with water and her black locks sticking gracefully to her pale skin.

"Mmm! This feels so nice..." she said in a low and what Inuyasha could only describe as a seductive voice. She sat down in the water and finished washing herself.

Inuyasha came to his senses and ran through the woods quickly before Kagome got out and noticed him noticing her. He stopped when he came to the top of a hill to catch his breath, "Okay, no big deal! She was...naked! It's all right..." he said shaking his head and sat down in the grass. "I need to not be wierd about this, it's not the first fuckin' time it happened...but it was the first time I ever noticed...that...she's so... Anyways! That's that." he stressed.

"Inuyasha?"

He froze. Had she heard? Oh Gods what if she did, he'd be sat until the end of time, "What?"

"What are you doing? I came out from the woods and saw you running up here. Are you okay?" she asked and sat beside him.

"'Course I am, why wouldn't I be?" he said.

She looked down, smiling sadly, "I know, you were thinking about her...do you...want to talk about it?" she brought her head up smiling with all the cheerfullness she could muster.

"There ain't nothin' to talk about." he said and folded his arms behind his head while laying himself back, "I was just trying to..." 'Think you fucking reject! What were you running for?!' "I was seeing how fast I could run. I mean I know I'm fast but maybe I can improve."

"You sure are full of yourself." she smiled.

"I gotta be, no one else is."

"I am. So are Miroku, Sango, Shippou and Kirara." she smiled.

He grinned, "I guess. But what are you doin' up Kagome?"

She blushed a bit then spoke softly, "I was trying to relieve some stress with a nice bath." she smiled.

"Stress? What's the matter?" he sat up.

She sat back a bit, "Nothing big. Just school and stuff. Plus I'm totally exhausted and I can't seem to sleep lately. Actually I haven't slept at all for two days." she said.

"Dammit, woman! Go to bed!" he said angrily.

"What's the point if I can't sleep anyways?! And what about you, you hypacrite! You're not sleeping!"

"Well I-uh...I was-"

"Exactly!" she smiled and stood up.

"Keh!" he said as he stood up.

"Oh, don't be such a brat. Let's head back to camp." she smiled.

"Fine." he said and they walked to camp to find everyone up and about, "What's goin' on?"

"Kirara woke Sango up and she woke us up because the two of you were gone!" Shippou said.

"We were okay." Kagome smiled, "We were just talking."

"Yeah, don't get so worked up it's not like I'm goin' to let something happen to her." he said and jumped into the tree above Kagome's sleeping bag.

She smiled up at him and climbed into her sleeping bag with Shippou, closing her eyes sleepily, "Goodnight, everyone."

Sango looked to Miroku and nodded for him to follow her.

"Nothing's happened. Although maybe his encounter will make him think twice about-" Sango was cut off by the press of Miroku's lips against hers.

"It's so very sweet when you're frustrated." he smiled.

She sighed, "How am I to finish what I'm saying when you do that?"

He smirked, "I couldn't help myself, you're so beautiful. It makes me want to scoop you into my arms and hold you forever." he smiled.

She blushed, "In any case, what do you think?"

"I think Inuyasha has been having dreams. Dreams about Kagome." he grinned.

"Do you?"

He nodded, "And I also think we should return to get some sleep."

She sighed and followed him into camp where they soon fell asleep.

***

~Inuyasha! Wake up! It's a new day! You owe it to her, Inuyasha! You owe it to the girl to stay by her side forever. Now wake up!~

Inuyasha woke up again, "DAMMIT! STOP THAT! WHAT ARE YOU TALKIN' ABOUT?!" he yelled.

"I didn't say anything!" Kagome's small voice came from under him.

"Not you." he said frustrated.

"Who?"

"No one." he said and jumped down.

Instead of getting angry she looked concerned, "Inuyasha..." she said sadly.

"Let's get goin'." he growled.

She sighed and picked up her book bag, following him.

"What do you suppose is wrong with him?" Sango whispered.

"I don't know..." Kagome said sadly and walked on.

Later on that day another thought came upon Kagome, 'What's gotten into him? He's been really moody lately. I mean he's usually moody but not like this. We've been walking all day. Maybe that's it.'

~Inuyasha...? I know you can hear me! Come to your senses boy! Perhaps I should knock some sense into you? That could help...~

"What the fuck?! Leave me alone!" Inuyasha grabbed hold of his head and knelt down as if he were in pain.

"Inuyasha!" Kagome dropped her things and ran to his side, "Inuyasha?! Inuyasha, what's wrong?!" she cried as she shook him.

~What is it Inuyasha? In pain? Maybe this is good for you! You're acting like an idiot! Don't get me wrong, dog-boy, I love you to death but you are a fool! It's that simple, now take some rest...~

Inuyasha's vision soon blurred and he collapsed as the sound of his friends crying out for him faded away and he slipped into darkness.

"Inuyasha!!!" Kagome cried.

"Calm down, we must get him somewhere we can examen him properly, let's set up camp here and we'll have a look at him." Miroku reasoned.

Kagome nodded still hugging Inuyasha to her chest. She and Sango lifted him onto the back of the transformed Kirara and took him to camp.

'What is up with him? First he's grouching then he's kneeling over in pain and blacking out...' Kagome thought as she took him to camp. Whatever was wrong with him she intended to find out. He WAS her best friend.

---
AN: Anyways....read what happens NEXT CHAPTER!