InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Cloud Watching ❯ Something old, Something new….or a little of both? ( Chapter 6 )

[ A - All Readers ]

I really wish I owned Inuyasha but because I don't all I get to do is write about what I wish would happen.

Something old, Something new….or a little of both?

By Melissa Spoula

"It's over here. First room to the right." Shippo pulled Kagome into small room. Sango and Miroku followed close behind. Shippo showed Kagome some of the new toy's he had got while helping Sango shopped for furniture. Shippo held a thick looking book out to Kagome. Taking the book form him he told her what it was before she got a chance to read the title. "It's a book of fairy tales. Could you read to me before I go to bed tonight?" She patted him on the head lightly. "Sure I can Shippo."

Sango showed kagome the rest of the house. There were nine rooms total. The first room was a large living room lightly furnished with a few paintings on the wall. From there down a hallway was Shippo's room. The room next to Shippo's and two across the hall were empty. Down another hall was another empty bedroom and at the head of the hall was Sango's room. After showing Kagome around her room Sango took Kagome back across the hall to the room across form the empty bedroom. This was to be Kagome's room. It was already furnished. On one wall was a small vanity table with hair and makeup supplies. Across form that was a dresser and closet that was filled with cloths that Sango hoped would fit Kagome. In the middle of the room was a large futon with soft blankets and pillows "We can go into the city tomorrow if you think you need anything else." Sango told Kagome. "No I think I have everything I need. You did a great job Sango thank you."

Kagome gave Sango a hug and then scanned the room. She thought Inuyasha had come with them into the house but now was no ware to be found. Sango spoke up knowing what the girl was looking for. Pointing back down the hall she said " Miroku and I will go and fix dinner. The kitchen is this way. Why don't you go and see if you can find Inuyasha." Kagome nodded her head and began to walk back outside.

Kagome found Inuyasha sitting in one of the high branches of the god's tree. "What are you doing Inuyasha?" He continued to stair out into nothing. "Thinking. Theirs a lot that still needs to be done." Kagome sat on one of the large roots of the tree. "Like what?" she said looking off into the same direction as Inuyasha. "Well there's the well house for starters. After that there's the shrine, I'm just trying to keep a list of all we need to do."

Kagome gave a little laugh "We don't need to do all that right now Inuyasha. We have all the time in the world to accomplish that so don't worry about it now." Inuyasha jumped down and sat next to her. "Guess your right." Kagome leaned her head on his shoulder. "Right now we have Sango and Miroku's weeding to plan. After that we can worry about the rest of the building that needs to be done."

Inuyasha nervously played with his thumbs. "That's something else we need to talk about. I suppose you want to do the same?" Kagome blushed a little then smiled. "Now why would I want to marry Miroku?" Inuyasha snapped his head to glare at her "That's not what I meant you…" Kagome still smiling reached her hand up and silenced what ever name he was going to call her. "It was just a joke Inuyasha. It was supposed to be funny."

He swatted her hand away, turned his head and crossed his arms. "Well it wasn't. Here I am trying to have a serious conversation with you and you have to go and act all stupid." Kagome sighed and the two sat for a few minutes before she broke the silence. "I would."

"You would what?" Inuyasha said still facing away form her and still vary mad. Kagome calmly folded her hands. "Want to marry a stubborn, short tempered, hard headed inu demon who cant take a joke. I really would." Inuyasha felt his anger quickly die away. He turned to face her only to find her looking up at him. His ears dropped to the sides of his head "You'll marry me?" Kagome shook her head "Yes."

The next thing she knew she was pushed back into the tree with as hard as Inuyasha was kissing her. " Did you think I would say no?" she mumbled between kisses. Inuyasha broke away form their kiss and placed his forehead to hers. "Half of me did." Kagome's hand rose up to rub one of his ears. "And the other half?" Inuyasha leaned into her hand. "The other half knew better." Inuyasha pulled away from her but still sat facing her. "I guess the only question left is how do you want to get married?"

"What do you mean?" Kagome asked. Inuyasha closed his eyes and crossed his arms than he wrinkled his forehead as if deep in thought. Kagome couldn't help the small giggle that escaped her. Right now he looked just like Myouga. ( I don't know if you can imagine this but try to picture what Myouga looks like when he is telling a story or thinking about something. Inuyasha looks just like that.) Inuyasha merely opened one eye and shot her a `what are you looking at' glance but said nothing of it. "There are two ways we could do this. One is to marry in the human ceremony the other is to marry in a demon ceremony." Kagome looked up at him. " I know what a human ceremony is like but what is a demon ceremony like?"

"Well…" Inuyasha gave his head a nervous scratch. "A Inu demon mating ceremony is very…private. The male and female go away from their family's for about a week and… you know…" Kagome looked down at her hands to hide how red her face had gotten. "That's really to the point isn't it?" Inuyasha shook his head. "Inu demons mate for life so that's really all that is needed."

Kagome thought for a second than looked up at Inuyasha. She smiled and snapped her fingers. "I got it we can do both!" Inuyasha was taken back at her sudden bursts of enthusiasm. "Really?"

"Yeah," Kagome smiled " the demon ceremony sounds just like something we have in my time called a honeymoon. See after two people get married, they go away for a week or two someplace romantic so they can be alone together. So we can get married here and then go and have our mating ceremony."

Inuyasha smiled at her. "I think that's the best idea anyone form your time has ever come up with. Kagome gently taped him on the nose. " Oh you said that about Ramen, and the microwave, and air-conditioning, and…" Inuyasha silenced her with another kiss. "I think two weeks alone with you is better then all that." Kagome put her arms around his neck and pulled him deeper into their kiss.

"Kagome! Inuyasha!" Shippo called form the porch. Inuyasha pulled away form Kagome. "Damn that kit." Kagome gave him one quick kiss. "What is it Shippo?" Shippo ran across the yard to where they were. "Sango says that dinner is ready and to come and get it before it gets cold." Standing Kagome gave him a soft pat on the head. "We'll come in in a minute Shippo." "Ok" Shippo said and bounded off towards the house. Inuyasha wrapped his arms around Kagome's waist and placed his head on her shoulder. "Can we get married tomorrow?" Kagome placed her arms around his. "Inuyasha?" he looked up at her with pleading eyes. "Come on, two weeks, no interruptions. It will be haven." Kagome turned to face him "We have to wait until Sango and Miroku get married first. They need some time alone and someone will have to watch Shippo." Inuyasha flipped his ears back in annoyance. "The brat can watch him self." Kagome sighed and gave him that `I'm going to sit you' look he knew all to well. "Ok, ok we can talk about this latter." Kagome took his hand. "Come on let's get dinner I'm hungry."

Author's notes

I really didn't do a good job describing the house because I don't know exactly what a Japanese house should look like. Other than that I hope you like it.

In the next few chapter's I'm going to have Sesshoumaru and Rin show up. Also Sango and Miroku's wedding will happen soon. If anyone out there knows a good site to find information on weddings in Japan please let me know.

Love missy