InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Club Shikon ❯ Chapter 9

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

DISCLAIMER: ::hums Golden Sun music:: hmm? No, I don't own Inuyasha, I own...GOLDEN SUN! mwahahahahahahaha! Both versions of the game! Woot!
Ah. And so here we have the Kikyo plot. Have fun with it, because I know that I'm going to hate it with a passion...

She knew who Kikyo was, of course. She had just never expected to hear her competitor's name used in the same sentence as her boyfriend's.
Kagome blinked, staring at Sango. “Come again?”
“I said, Inuyasha isn't going to be here today. He's over at Kikyo's.”
“Kikyo's. Why?” Kagome asked, irritated that she had to hear this from her best friend.
Sango shrugged. “He's known her forever. They used to be a couple, but...”
“But what?”
“She did some things, betrayed a couple of people. I can't tell you the full extent of it, but she isn't to be trusted with gang affairs.”
Kagome was at a loss for words. Sure, she knew that Kikyo existed. She ran the Miasma with an iron fist, her alternately pro-gun, pro-smoking, and anti-family club the hangout for all of the cutthroats and scum of the city. Kikyo probably had as many patrons as Kagome, though of a distinctly different nature.
But that she had been dating Inuyasha? That they had a history together? Once again, the conclusion was there that he would have to get weapons from somewhere, but the Miasma was hardly a place for an average conversation.
Kagome pondered a little bit more, before resorting to chewing on her bottom lip and staring at the floor while she pondered.
She was going to reply to Sango when a couple on the dance floor caught her eye.
Of course.
He would never stay in the Miasma for long, so why not bring the girl to a place that he trusted? Did he really think that Kagome didn't see them? She doubted it. He was either doing it to irritate her or to keep himself within her sight, so that there would be no fingers pointed later.
Kagome was slightly proud and hurt at the same time. It was wise to bring Kikyo into her club, sure, but she was afraid of her comments as a fellow landowner and more than a little intimidated by the way that the pale girl was looking around her club.
Kagome grabbed Sango by the arm and dragged her into the employee's lounge.
“Sango,” she said patiently, pacing back and forth and not looking at her friend. “As another girl, most likely with a fair amount of romantic experience in the past...WHAT THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO DO TO KICK HER OUT OF MY CLUB?”
Sango shrugged. “Why should I know? Hire a hit man,”
Kagome shook her head almost violently. “No way! I'm barely paying bills and debts as it is,”
Catching the desperate look on her face, Sango stood and grabbed Kagome's arms. She looked her friend level in the eye. “Kagome. Breathe. She's not going to do anything. They're completely through.”
“But how do you know, Sango?”
Sango glared. Kagome's mouth snapped shut and she stared at her in slight horror. Sango had been known to slap a few people around in the past, after all. The young club owner didn't think that she could handle physical abuse on top of all the mental stress she was putting herself under.
But her statement was less than harmful. In fact, Kagome wasn't expecting it at all. The trust and sincerity in Sango's voice filled her with such peace that she would be thanking her friend hours afterwards. No other sentence could have righted every wrong in the world so easily.
“Kagome, Inuyasha loves you.”

Kagome was released from the hospital after a few days, spending time to herself in her little apartment. Sango ran the club temporarily and dropped by for a visit whenever she could, always a breath of fresh air even when the situation was tense. Inuyasha was living in Kagome's apartment, opting to let Miroku run the gang for a short while during his `vacation'.
A week after Kagome's return to work found her sipping coffee in a small main street café, basking in the sunlight that she had not sat in for weeks. Running a nightclub put somewhat of a stopper on the hours that she spent in the sunlight.
She was feeling less than her usual self, having been violently ill that morning only to be rescued by Sango.
“You're dying in this apartment. You need fresh air and sunlight, Kag-chan. You're coming with me for a coffee and you're not protesting.”
Yes, Sango was a total lifesaver. Leaving the still-sleeping Inuyasha safely in her apartment, Kagome snuck out with Sango. Feeling like Psyche abandoning Eros, she guiltily sipped at the common drink.
“So how have you and Miroku been?” Kagome asked politely.
Sango shrugged. “Like usual. The real question here is, how have you and Inuyasha been? Been getting it on, that is,”
“Sango!” A blush spread across Kagome's face. “You're not supposed to ask about things like that! They're...personal,”
Sango chuckled. “Oh ho? Well, someone's not offering up any details about Inu so easily, I see. Whatever, Kagome, I don't really need to know. Just wondering,”
Kagome sipped at her coffee some more.
“...Wondering when I would be Godmother, that is,”
Kagome sputtered into her coffee, choking slightly. “Come again?”
“Oh, you don't seriously believe that I accepted that oh-so-obvious overlook of my question, do you?”
Kagome just was not used to this girly openness. She hadn't been missing out on any of it, but she just wasn't ready for it after weeks alone in a small apartment with her Inuyasha. There was really nothing that she could say to Sango, however, except the occasional half-formed word amongst her sputtering.
Sango smiled at her, shaking her head at Kagome's usual incorruptibility. She took another sip of her coffee and said, “Whatever.
“Kagome, Inuyasha loves you.”

Kagome was still feeling at peace when she walked out of the employee lounge. She was feeling peaceful up until the point that she caught sight of HER Inuyasha and Kikyo in a passionate embrace, however.
Then the peace sort of ripped in half and turned into blind rage.
“I can't believe you!” she exclaimed, storming over to them.
Inuyasha looked like a deer in the headlights. He practically was, after all, and Kagome was just itching to floor it and end his pathetic existence.
“Kagome!” he exclaimed stupidly, blinking.
“In my own club, no less! GET OUT!” she yelled.
Heads were starting to turn now, people were muttering. Kagome didn't care about any of them, didn't spare a thought for the fact that she was attracting a crowd.
“Kagome, I didn't—we—”
GET OUT!”
She punctuated this with a furious stomp of her foot, before turning and leaving Inuyasha to gape after her.
But what could she do?

WOOOOOOOOT! Guess what? The next chapter is the last chapter!
I'M SO EXCITED, I CAN'T SIT STILL! I'M GONNA SACRIFICE MY SLEEPING TIME TO BRING YOU THE LAST CHAPTER! WHOO-HOO!
And then, of course, you'll need an epilogue. Don't worry.
Excerpt of next chapter:
And now, I give you the destruction of the impure race, the select few that challenge their elders and rise up against authority. At the same time, we christen Club Shikon in blood, lifting the weapons ban and claiming it as our own,”
and who's speaking? Nobody knows! (Except me. I know everything that happens from here on out. Aren't I lucky?)
REVIEW!!!!! THIS MAY BE ONE OF YOUR LAST CHANCES!
v