InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Day By Day ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

`Kohaku. Only two more months. Our baby will be here in two more months. I can't wait. I hope you are excited. If I wasn't carrying our child I would be with you. I miss you so much, but I know I have to be strong for the child inside me. I come here everyday; I haven't missed one. I love you. I should have told you though. Everyday I think that I should have told you about my dream. I knew this was going to happen and I didn't tell you or try to stop you. I'm sorry. I picked these flowers for you. I hope you like them.'

Rin said a little prayer then turned around to walk back to the village. She noticed someone else's footsteps behind her. She quickened her pace. The steps quickened theirs. She started to get scared.

`Who is following me? Why is this person following me?' she thought as she once again quickened her pace.

Suddenly she felt a hand on her shoulder. "AAAHHHH!!!"

"Rin."

"Kohaku?" she asked even though she knew that wasn't his voice. But he was the only person that would scare her like.

"Turn around Rin."

She turned around and looked into a man's amber eyes. "Sesshoumaru."

"Rin. I knew you smelled different."

"Oh,' was all she could say in this awkward moment.

She stared into his eyes. They were full of sadness, love, and hope. She noticed those eyes because they were hers.

He turned around to leave the continuing awkward moment.

"Wait." She grabbed onto the sleeve of his haori. He stopped. "Do you want to see where I live?"

"I have to get back."

"Another time, I guess," she said letting go of him. "Will I see you again?"

"I do not know, Rin," he said as he walked away.

**************************

"I have one more month, Kagome."

"Yes, but they can come early. Remember when Uki was born?"

"Yeah. She was born a couple of weeks early. I don't think this one will though. He doesn't want to leave."

"How do you know it's a he?" asked Kagome as she picked up the dishes.

"Kohaku told me before he died," she said simply.

"Oh."

"I don't think you should have trusted my brother. He never knew what he was talking about," Sango laughed.

"I believe him," said Rin looking up with her eyes.

"Rin?" A man's voice interrupted the women.

She stood up and walked towards the door. "Sesshoumaru." Rin noticed the villagers staring at this demon that looked similar to Inuyasha. "You can come inside."

"Thank you, but all wanted to do was bring you this." He handed her a blue silk baby blanket.

"Thank you, Sesshoumaru." She went to hug him. She noticed that he was about to pull away, but decided against it. She moved her arms around him and she felt him do the same. `Just like before.'

"I should be going."

"Wait. Please stay." Rin looked up at him, pleading for him to stay. `All I want is someone here with me. I know Sango and Kagome look out for me, but they have their own lives. They don't need to be bothered with me also.'

Almost as if he was reading her mind he said, "I will stay until nightfall."

She smiled her signature smile. She hadn't let herself make one of those unless she was at Kohaku's grave.

"Sesshoumaru," said Kagome and Sango simultaneously as he and Rin walked back into the hut. He just nodded.

"He said he would stay until nightfall. Isn't that nice?" she smiled.

After an hour Kagome and Sango left to go back to their families and they were left alone. Rin noticed him staring at the flowers on the table.

"I pick them for their smell." She started to blush. "They smell like you."

His demeanor didn't change as he acknowledged her statement.

She continued, "I never stopped thinking about you. I fell in love with Kohaku. I got married in the kimono you gave me. I became pregnant. I watched him die. Through all of that I never forgot you. I always thought that you would follow me and take me back right away. I was surprise to know that you came that one day with the kimono; more surprised that you didn't want to see me. I still loved you and I felt bad for Kohaku. I think he knew it too, but we formed a happy life. We would still be happy if a demon didn't kill him. One man I love has been take away from me, please don't let another one leave me too." She moved towards Sesshoumaru and lifted her right hand to his left cheek.

Rin watched him as he moved is hand to hers and held it for a moment before taking it off. "Nightfall has come. I must take my leave."

She nodded. She knew that he had to leave, but her tears came anyway. He took the back of his index finger and wiped them off the top of her cheeks.

"If you want me to, I will come back tomorrow," he said. Rin nodded in between her sniffles.

"Then I will." Rin watched him move gracefully out of the hut.

`I wonder if I should tell him about my dreams," she thought and then laughed. "I would scare him off.'

***********

Rin was out in her garden as she waited for Sesshoumaru. `I wonder if he will eat. He never ate around me. Maybe this time I can get him to.' She smiled as she thought about what they might do today.

"Hey, Rin!" shouted Kagome as she walked towards Rin while waving her hand above her head. "What are you doing today?!"

"I'm waiting for Sesshoumaru," she smiled.

Rin looked at Kagome. Her face seemed disappointed about something. "Rin. I don't think it's right for him to come."

"Why? I haven't felt this happy or safe since," she paused to take a deep breath, "since Kohaku died. Why can't I have it?"

"Because it's not right," Kagome said outright. "You shouldn't be hanging out with a demon that kicked you out."

"I wasn't kicked out! I left him because…" her voice trailed off.

"Because of what?! I bet it was because he wasn't being very nice towards you!"

"NO! Don't talk about him that way! He was very nice to me! He bought me things and kept me in his castle! He brought me back from the dead!"

"If he was so nice then why didn't you stay?! You left him!"

Rin looked at the ground so Kagome couldn't see her eyes. "I left him because I loved him."

She looked back up at Kagome to see that her angry expression became a surprised one. "What?"

"I loved him. I still love him. I know he does too."

"What about Kohaku?"

"I loved him too. Kohaku knew about me and Sesshoumaru and he still loved me." Rin smiled as her thoughts brought her back to the nights they laid on the hill outside of the village and looked at the stars and just talked.

"Rin?" Kagome said breaking her away from her lovely daydream. "Do you still love Kohaku?"

"Yes. I talk to him everyday. He knows. Everytime I am there I feel his presence beside me. I feel him holding me every night to help me fall asleep. Like I said, I love him."

"You said you loved him. There is a difference."

"I love him and I love Sesshoumaru, all right! Since I can't be with my Kohaku anymore…"

"You will be by your Sesshoumaru," Kagome interrupted.

"It's not like that!"

"Yes it is! Like I said before, I think it's best that you stopped seeing Sesshoumaru. You can't be chasing after him with a baby."

"I will not chase him. I haven't been the one going to him, if you have noticed. He's been coming to me. He's been coming ever since I came here!"

"If he has, then why didn't he take you back?"

"He wants me to be happy! He knows he couldn't give me the same thing Kohaku did! He wanted to see me happy with him! He bought me the kimono I wore at my wedding!"

She saw Kagome's eyes widen before she said, "He gave that to you? How do you know?"

"I smelled him on it. Wakaba said that he brought it when we all went to the one village by the ocean a year or so ago. She told me she was going to sell it to someone, but decided it fit me better, so she kept it."

"So he didn't actually buy it for you for your wedding."

"No, but he knew it was going to get to me. I think he would have been happy to see me wear it then." Then Rin remembered the baby blanket. "And he gave me the blanket!"

"What blanket?" Kagome asked with a puzzled look on her face.

"The blue silk baby blanket! You were there when he came!"

"I remember him being there because he wasn't that comfortable to be sitting on the floor with us. He looked like he was too good to be sitting there. I do not remember the blanket."

Rin turned around saying, "I'll show it to you."

"Rin. You don't need to," she said stopping her. "I can't argue with you anymore. It isn't good for the baby. Besides, I have to get back to my place. I'm supposed to see some people today."

"Fine." She stood there watching Kagome's every step until she lost sight of her in the crowd of people.

`Why is she so upset with me? I have the right to love whom ever I choose. I can love Sesshoumaru and I can love Kohaku.' She felt the baby kick and she rested her hand on her belly. `I can't wait until you are finally here. I can't wait to tell you all about your father.' She began to cry as she walked into her hut to continue to wait for Sesshoumaru to come.

*************************

"Sesshoumaru!" Rin screamed as she jolted from her nap. Her heart was beating so fast she thought it was going to pop out of her chest.

"Something's wrong." She said to no one as she got up to look out of the door. The sun was starting to set in the distance. "He wouldn't lie to me. Something is wrong."

Rin walked out and towards the woods. `I will stop and see Kohaku and then look for Sesshoumaru.'

It took her longer than usual to get to him because she was still shaking from the dream she had. She stood at the foot of his grave as she did many times since his death and cried. `I love you Kohaku. I don't know when I will be back. There is something I have to do.' She kissed the air and turned towards the forest. `I am going to find you, Sesshoumaru. I don't know where you are, but I WILL find you.'

*************************

The sky was becoming red as the night sky started to engulf the sun. `I'm getting tired. Why can't I find you? I'm taking the path that you would be taking. What happened to you?' Rin thought as she started to slow down.

"Where are you Sesshoumaru?!" she weakly shouted to the top of the trees.

"Rin?" She heard a voice coming from the trees.

"Sesshoumaru? Where are you, Sesshoumaru?" She looked around, but couldn't find him.

"I'm behind the trees to your left."

She was confused how he knew that, but she walked over there anyway. She first saw his white fluffy boa coming from behind the tree.

"Sesshoumaru!" She ran to see all of him. She knew something was wrong because he didn't sit this early and this close to a path. She closed her eyes as she whipped herself around to face him. When she opened them she saw him leaning against a tree with a weak expression on his face and dried blood on his neck. She fell to her knees and crawled up to his right side.

"Be careful, Rin."

She was about to asked why when she suddenly realized she was pregnant. `I'm sorry, my child,' she thought as moved to sit on her knees.

"What happened? Are you all right? Can I get you anything? I can get Kagome to help you," Rin spitted out.

"All I need to do is rest for until the sun comes up."

"I'm so sorry," she cried into his boa. "It's my fault."

"How is this your fault?" he asked stroking the top of her head. "I was the one who let my guard down."

"It was my fault you let your guard down. You shouldn't even be here. You came because I asked you to." She looked up at him. "It's my fault because I love you!"

"Rin. It was my own fault. I let my emotions get the best of me."

"Because of me."

"Rin!" he growled then softened his voice. "It was not because of you."

She turned and slowly moved herself onto her bottom and leaned on him. He let out a groan.

"I'm sorry," she said as she quickly sat back up.

"It was not you," he lied. "Put your head back."

Rin went back into her former position and looked towards the top of the trees. "This reminds me of when we first met." He grunted. "Thank you."

"What did I do?" he asked.

"You saved me. I wouldn't be here if you didn't." She moved her head so she looked at the left side of his face from below. "Thank you."

"Tenseiga wanted me to save you and so I did. You should not thank me." He didn't look down at Rin, but she could see the expression in his eyes change.

`Is he crying?' she thought as he moved his arm around her to reach for something in his haori, under his breastplate. He pulled out a silver bracelet with pearls in the band.

"I want you to have this back," he said as he moved it towards her hand to put it on her.

She looked back up to him. This time he was looking back at her as if he wanted to say more. Rin smiled and moved closer to his face and kissed his cheek. "I know."

************************

Rin woke up early in the morning with a groan. `I hate this part of having a baby,' she thought as she tried to get up. She opened her eyes wondering why she couldn't get up. `Oh, he is still holding on to me.' She tried to move is arm from her, but each time she tried his arm got tighter and tighter around her.

She nudged him. "Sesshoumaru." He groaned. "Sesshoumaru. I have to go. I'm not feeling well." He let her move his arm from her and she went off.

When she came back she saw that he had gotten up off the ground. "Come with me and I will clean you off." She walked back towards the village as he straggled behind. She stopped, turned around, and went back to get his hand. She could feel him tense up at first, but became comfortable as they got closer to the village.

"Keh! Sesshoumaru is holding a human woman's hand?" scoffed Inuyasha as they walked by him.

Rin noticed him let go. She looked up. "Don't worry." Then put her hand back in his.

She noticed this gave him a boost in his confidence when he growled noticeably at his half brother. Rin smirked when she saw the surprise in Inuyasha's face.

"Rin!" yelled Sango.

"Sango," she closed her eyes and nodded. When she opened them her sister-in-law was looking at Sesshoumaru in shock. "I am going to get some things and we are going to go bathe in the river."

"Rin," Rin saw her look at their hands. "What is going on?"

"I just told you. Please excuse us." She directed him around Sango and walked to her hut.

"I know Kohaku was a little shorter, but I think this robe might fit." She held it up to Sesshoumaru. "Put it on." She gave him the robe and went into her room to change into hers.

She walked out to see him in Kohaku's robe. She laughed as she looked at him standing in the robe that came to his knees and stretching to fit over his chest. "I guess you are bigger than him also."

They walked to the river the way they walked into town. They stopped on the bank of the river. `I guess neither of us wants to get into the river together,' she thought.

"I do not think the Lord of the Western Lands should be naked, bathing with a human woman in a river," Sesshoumaru spoke up.

"You need to be cleaned," she stated. "I can sit here with my eyes closed while you bathe and then you can do the same when I bathe."

"That is not an option for a Lord."

"This is all we have. It's not a rich village," she said looking at the river. "Either you clean with me in the river or not. I want to be clean." She paused. "I'm going in now."

Rin walked to the boulder that was by the river and walked behind it. She took off her robe and walked in. When the river was covering her she turned around to see that Sesshoumaru was not standing there anymore. "Sesshoumaru? Where are you?"

"I'm right here," he said startling her.

"I thought you were too good for a river?" she asked jokingly.

"You said I needed to be cleaned and this was all that you had. I decided that I should be clean," he said not getting the joke.

Rin laughed. "I guess that's right." She felt the baby kick in delight. "Oh! That sort of tickled."

"What did?" he asked looking attentively at her.

"The baby kicked. You can feel it," she said taking is hand and making him walk close to her. She put his hand on her stomach and smiled as the baby kicked again. She looked up at his face. His usual stern eyes had become glazed with happiness. `I wonder how he can feel that way towards a child that isn't his; a human child.'

"Rin." She was snapped back to reality by Sesshoumaru calling her name. She was going to answer, but a sharp pain came from her abdomen and she cried out in pain. "Rin?" Sesshoumaru called, but this time with worry.

"A sharp pain…It hurts…Kagome…Need Kagome…" she said as her breathing became labored. She looked up at him. His eyes had turned from happiness to horror as he helped her to her robe. She waited for him to get into Kohaku's robe as she held onto the rock. Her knuckles turned white as she screamed again. She squeezed her eyes shut hoping the pain would go away. She felt the pain leave for a bit and opened her eyes as Sesshoumaru picked her up the best he could with his one arm.

"Where is this Kagome?" he asked running towards the village.

"Sesshoumaru," she breathed.

"Where is she, Rin?" he asked again with concern.

"Over there." She pointed to a bigger hut just two huts down before she screamed. Rin saw some of the villagers looking up in confusion and others looking at her with concern.

"Kagome!" he growled as he neared the hut. Rin watched as Kagome ran out shocked.

"What did you do to her!" she yelled.

"I did not do anything to hurt my Rin," he roared.

`My Rin? Sesshoumaru?,' she thought as the voices started to fade away.

**********************

The pain was almost unbearable. Rin had regained consciousness only to be told that she was going into labor. `At least nothing is wrong with the baby,' she thought as she was told to sit up and squat over a ceramic basin.

"Where is Sesshoumaru?" she asked as she squatted with the help of Kagome.

"He is outside, Rin. You need to focus on your baby right now," she answered becoming a little perturbed.

"I want him to come here. I need him. I.." she stopped to scream loudly as she naturally pushed the baby down. "I need my Sesshoumaru," she yelled loud so he could hear it.

"He will not come in, Rin. I will not allow it. I know you can feel that the baby is almost out. Don't give up!"

"I'm not going to give up! AAAHHHH!!!" She pushed with the last of her strength. A few seconds later she heard the sound she was waiting for since she found out she was pregnant.

"Rin, It's a boy," said Kagome with a smile as she brought him over to Rin who had been helped to the bed.

Rin looked as this new baby in her arms. She started to cry as she brought her head down to kiss his little forehead. `He looks like Kohaku.'

"What time is it?" she asked remembering that she didn't go to his grave yet today.

"It's the middle of the night. You were in labor for about sixteen hours."

"Sixteen hours? I missed it?!"

"Missed what?"

"I didn't go to Kohaku's grave yesterday! I missed a day! I've never missed a day!" cried Rin hysterically.

"I think he understands," explained Kagome trying to calm her. "What are you going to name him?"

"I think I will name him Kohaku, for his father." She smiled.

"I think that name is perfect. He looks so much like him." Kagome smiled back. "It's time for you to get some sleep." She reached for Kohaku, but Rin moved him out of the way.

"I want to see Sesshoumaru. I want him to see Kohaku," she said in a low voice.

"I'll go get him."

A minute later Sesshoumaru came into the room and immediately stepped back.

"I'm sorry for the smell, Sesshoumaru," she looked down towards Kohaku.

"It is all right, Rin," he said as he walked back into the room.

"This is Kohaku," she said looking up at him with a loving smile.

He knelt down on one knee and looked back at her. "He is nice."

"Do you want to hold him?" she asked handing Kohaku over to him so he couldn't refuse.

"I…um…" was all he could sputter out as she put the little baby in his arm.

"I've never seen you struggle for words before," she smiled. She could see that his eyes were filled with love as he looked at Kohaku who was sleeping. "Sesshoumaru, your eyes," she said almost questioning. "I don't understand?"

He looked at her. "I don't understand either. This is a human child, yet I feel a connection to it."

"It's because you love me, my Sesshoumaru," she explained as she started to realize what was happening.

"That may be so. Please, take him back," he said. She could tell he was still confused about his emotions.

She decided to go for it as she was taking Kohaku back in her arms. "I heard you say `my Rin' when you brought me here. Did you mean that?"

He looked stunned. `He wasn't expecting me to ask that,' she thought.

She could hear him take a deep breath before he started to answer. "Yes I did."

"Why didn't you come after me? How come you did come? How come you gave me the kimono? Why…" He stopped her by putting his index finger over her mouth.

"I could not give you what you wanted, so I had to let you go. After that nothing made me happy. I went out. I tried not to follow your scent, but every time I went out I was drawn to this village. I saw you laughing. I saw you being happy. I saw how that man looked at you. I knew he was in love with you. I decided to come into the village and give that kimono to the lady knowing she would give it to you. I learned of your marriage and I stopped coming. I had to pass this village one day and I smelled for you. Your smell was different and I knew. I knew about that man's death also. I knew you were hurting so I brought myself to talk to you. I did, but it brought back so many memories I wanted to forget so I did not come back. After trying hard to make those memories leave my mind I decided it was futile. That is why I came back. I wanted to keep those memories and have more, even if the feelings were different. That night in the forest I knew you still felt the same. I decided then that I want to spend time with you again."

Rin lifted her right arm and held it to his left cheek. "Sesshoumaru." She smiled "Thank you." She yawned.

He stood up. "Let me take him to that woman. Get some sleep, Rin." He took little Kohaku and walked out of the room.

She closed her eyes. `Oh, Kohaku. I'm sorry. I love you with all my heart, but I also love Sesshoumaru. I'm so sorry. I will never forget you. I will teach out son everything about you. You two look so much alike. I hope Sesshoumaru will like him. I know he's your son, but I want him to have a father figure. Sesshoumaru is nice and will protect him. I love you, Kohaku. I miss you everyday. You will never be replaced. You will always have my heart.'

****************************

"Rin. Wake up, Rin."

She opened her eyes. "Kohaku?" She looked ahead of her and saw her husband standing in the darkness with his arms open. She ran to him.

As he gave her a hug he said, "I hear everything you say to me. I understand. I want our son to grow up happy and, if Sesshoumaru can do that, I will let him. I'm sorry I cannot be there for our son, but I will watch over you both. I love you. I will love you as long as you have a part of me in your heart." He let go of her. "Now go, raise Kohaku and always tell him that I love him."

"I will Kohaku." Rin gave him a kiss then turned around and closed her eyes.

****************************

Rin woke up with a smile on her face. "Thank you Kohaku," she said with her eyes closed and the smile still on.

"Kohaku?" asked Sango.

"Sango?" Rin asked as she opened her eyes.

"I came to see how you and the baby were doing. I heard you named him Kohaku. Thank you," Sango said smiling.

"He looks so much like his father I thought that name was perfect. He liked it too."

"He did?" questioned Sango with a look of confusing on her face.

Rin started to sit up slowly. "He talked to me in my dream." She smiled. "You probably think I am crazy."

"No." She smiled back. "I understand."

"He's hungry," announced Kagome as she brought in Kohaku and gave him to Rin.

"Oh," said Rin taking her baby. "Where is Sesshoumaru?"

"He said he would be back in a couple of days," said Kagome.

Rin smiled as she started to feed her baby. `He will be back. He will never leave me again.'

*******

A couple of days later Rin was working as Kohaku laid on her chest in a cloth carrier.

"Leave! We do not need any youkai here!" Rin heard and looked up at Wakaba. She nodded and Rin rushed out the hut.

"Fumio! Please put your sword down! He's with me!"

He looked over his shoulder to see Rin with her hands on her hips and dropped his sword to his side.

She looked up at Sesshoumaru who was standing perfectly still. "Sesshoumaru! Come over here. They aren't going to hurt you if they know what's best for them." She noticed it made him uncomfortable to be told what to do, so she smiled her signature smile. "Please?"

He walk towards her in a dignified manner never taking his eyes of her.

"Sorry, Sesshoumaru. I didn't mean for it to sound that way," she smiled.

"That is fine," he said still not taking his eyes off of her.

At that point Kohaku started to cry. Rin took him out of the carrier and held him in her arms. She started to sing a lullaby to him. Sesshoumaru moved to her left side and took her in his arm. They turned around and walked towards her hut as the villagers watched.

When they got to her hut she gave him the baby. She could see he was terrified to be holding a small human baby, but she didn't care. They both looked at each other in curiosity. She smiled as she could see Kohaku give up and close his eyes. "I guess you win, Sesshoumaru."

He looked up and gave her a half smile that made her skin tingle. `Things are going to be fine.'

**********************************

Sesshoumaru made a low growl and Rin turned around quickly. "What happened?"

"He pulled my hair," he simply said and looked down to see a child holding onto his leg and looking up at him.

"He wants you to pick him up."

"Dada?," Kohaku said looking at her then looking back up at Sesshoumaru.

"No, that's Sesshoumaru, honey, Sess-sho-ma-ru." She smiled at Sesshoumaru. `It's been nice having you around, Sesshoumaru,' she thought.

Kohaku looked like he wanted to say something. "Sess-so-momo!" he yelled up at him. Rin laughed.

"Sesshoumaru. It is Sesshoumaru, kid," Sesshoumaru said as he picked him up.

"He's only ten months!" Rin said smiling with her hands on her hips. "That's good for him! Let's go outside." She walked over to the two men in her life. "It's a nice day. I'm sure Kohaku wants to play with you."

"Out! Out! Pay! Pay!" shouted Kohaku with glee. "Pay Momo!"

"See," Rin said laughing at Sesshoumaru.

He put Kohaku down to walk over to Rin. She took his right hand as he reached for Sesshoumaru's hand and they walked towards the door. Kohaku let go of her hand as he walked through it with Sesshoumaru. She smiled at the unusual scene folding out in front of her and then walked out behind them.

"Mama!" Kohaku called for Rin to take his hand again. They walked down the row of huts to the hill where she spent so many nights with her husband.

She played with Kohaku as Sesshoumaru sat on the ground watching. `I hope this never ends,' she thought taking in the smells of the flowers and Sesshoumaru.

"I'm coming to get you," she taunted Kohaku as he totted away from her. "ARRR."

"AAAHHH! Mama come! Save Momo!" He ran towards Sesshoumaru.

Before he got to him, Rin saw something come out of the corner of her eyes and pick him up. She stood up as fast as she said his name. What she saw was a demon with beady black eyes and a green body holding Kohaku upside down, who was screaming in his arms.

"Let him go!" growled Sesshoumaru.

"MAMA!!"

"KOHAKU!!"

"Why should I let this human go? He means nothing to you." He took one of his claws and ripped it across Kohaku's leg as he screamed.

Rin stepped forward and put her arms out. "Kohaku!"

"Do I have to tell you again," roared Sesshoumaru. Rin looked at him. Not only was his voice changing, his eyes were becoming red.

She noticed the demon was becoming less comfortable as he watched Sesshoumaru's eyes turn. She knew that he was going to drop him any minute and started to run for it.

It all seemed to be happening in slow motion for her as she started to run towards him, realizing her biggest fears as she watched the demon drop Kohaku and take off. She ran with her arms in front of her, but missed. She watched her baby fall head first onto a sharp rock with an eerie thud. The slow motion stopped as she ran to Kohaku's body and looked around for Sesshoumaru. `He's not here. He must have chased after the demon. The demon was fast, but I know he is faster. Get him Sesshoumaru and come back fast. Save my son.' She looked at Kohaku's lifeless form and screamed. His head was bleeding profusely from the gash at the top of his forehead, flowing down the slope of his nose and over his closed right eye.

"Kohaku!!! She picked up his head and rested it on her knees after she knelt down. She tore off the sleeve of her kimono and held it tightly over his gash.

Some of the men from the village heard the commotion and ran to her and Kohaku.

"Get Kagome! Go! Hurry!" Rin yelled at them. `Hurry Sesshoumaru. I know you are the only one who can save him.'

Tears rolled down her cheek as she looked at the sleeve of her kimono soaking up the blood. She took it off and tore off her other sleeve and put it on his head. Someone from the crowd gave her a handkerchief. Instead of wiping her tears she wiped the blood off his face.

"Rin! What happened?!" Kagome screamed as she pushed through the people to get to her and Kohaku.

"Kagome! There was a demon! He dropped him." She lifted the sleeve of her kimono off of his head to show her.

"Rin!" Kagome gasped as she checked to see if he was still alive. Rin looked at Kagome's face in horror. `He is dead. Now the only one who can really save him is you.'

Rin lifted her head to the sky and screamed, "SESSHOUMARU!!!!!"

"Here he comes," a woman in the crowed yelled.

She watched as he pushed through the people and knelt beside her. He grabbed onto Tenseiga and Rin noticed as his eyes searched his body.

He let go of the sword. "Rin." She waved her hand at him as she leaned over her son. He didn't need to say it; He wasn't coming back.

She screamed into Kohaku's dead body as she heard Sesshoumaru stand up. She looked up to where he was but only saw people getting up off the ground as if they had been pushed. A few seconds later she heard a loud growl in the distance and her heart sank. "Sesshoumaru," she whispered.