InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Enlightened Hearts: Miroku & Sango ficlets ❯ At the End of a Bad Day ( Chapter 16 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

 
 
 
AN: Written for the “Luck” challenge at mirsan_fics on LJ.
 
 
At the End of a Bad Day
 
Miroku's day did not start out well.
 
All day misfortune stalked him around like prey, and he felt a continuous shiver down the back of his neck and wondered if supernatural forces were conspiring against him.
 
It was bad luck that he had underestimated the youkai possessing the village lord's daughter, and much to Inuyasha's amusement, he got sprayed with a nasty defense smell by a skunk youkai. He was lucky, he guessed, to be able to use one of Sango's slayer pellets to counteract the smell. (That is if you liked smelling like onions all day long.)
 
It was bad luck that one of the village girls remembered his past proposal and wished to keep the bargain, and though he racked his brain trying to place her from his past, it did not matter when he saw the disapproving look on Inuyasha's face. Only a bribe for food and help with chores had prevented the hanyou from storming back and telling his wife.
 
In all his bad luck, Miroku admitted to a constant consolation. The sun set and he came home to his wife, and as his children settled around him like warm pillows, he hugged her, just a little tighter and kissed her deeply - inwardly praising his good fortune.
 
Her touch had driven away all of his demons, no matter how current or how far in his past. He was lucky to have her every day; he knew this, but he was especially thankful on days like today.