InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ For Richer or Poorer ❯ Girlwhat?! ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Author's Note: Okay!! Here's another fic by yours truly ^-^. Just recently I have read a most interesting fic called Dead Famous….it's really long but good never the less. And guess what?

 

To the writer of Dead Famous… Your fic has inspired me greatly. I am now able to type better fics. I truly adore that fic and I pray that in the future that my work may achieve that many reviews. I wish you all the best in reaching the 9,000 review mark. ^-^

 

 

 

I do not own the wonderful work of Inuyasha… although I wish I did *grumbles*

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 1

 

The Nightmare Begins…

 

 

Kagome walked down the noisy hallway of her school. Her friends have apparently ditched her…again to be near him.

 

She narrowed her eyes in disgust. What was so great about him anyway? He was just another pigheaded jerk. So what if he was a senior or was totally rich and had every girl running behind him. To her, he was just another fish waiting to be caught, gutted, scaled and cooked in the open sea called high school.

 

She reached her locker. It wasn't just a locker to Kagome; it was her sanctuary. It was far away from the boy of every gal's dream but close enough for her to get to class on time. She sighed inwardly as she fiddled with the lock.

 

Ayume, Eri, and Yuka had taken her out to lunch that day. What was the special occasion? Nothng really...except for the fact that Kagome would be near him.

 

"Oh gawd!" exclaimed Yuka in excitement. Every Wednesday Kagome's friends would take her to the park for lunch. "You are so lucky, Kagome." She placed her hands together and starred into the sky dreamily. "Your going to be in the next class with Mr. Hott!"

 

Kagome snorted as she took a bite of her peanut butter sandwich. Why do this every week?

 

"He's totally to die for," Ayume squealed.

Kagome slowly suppressed the shivers. Why do this to her? The guy was for a fact scary. Why? She hasn't figured that out yet but he just was scary. She took a sip of orange juice and placed the can in the garbage.

 

"You guys are really pathetic you know?" Kagome stated taking a seat. "If he wasn't so rich or popular you wouldn't look twice at him."

 

"Yes we would," exclaimed Eri drinking her Dr. Pepper. "With those type of abs we'll look at least ten times daily." She looked at Ayume who seemed to be writing something. "Anther love letter?" She peeked over the girl's shoulder.

 

Ayume quickly cover the sheet of paper. "No… I'm just excising my right of freedom of speech." She crumpled the piece of paper and ate it. Making sure what she really wrote won't fall into the wrong hands. "Anyway…" she scooted closer to Kagome. "Can you get us his autograph this time, pwease?"

 

Kagome had to turn her head away from the water works that were about to fall. She wasn't going to give in. She didn't before and won't start now. "No."

 

"But why not?" cried the girls surrounding her.

 

"Because he's a selfish jerk who thinks everyone is beneath him." Kagome suddenly shivered. "Besides," she said slowly rubbing he arms, "You guys know how I feel about him."

 

The girls sat there in silence, each wishing to end it. The bell rang ending lunch and startling them out of their thoughts. The girls quickly but quietly headed back to school.

 

"Look! It's him," screamed a girl running pass them. It didn't take a genius to figure out whom the girl was talking about and in a blink of an eye Kagome was left alone.

 

"Some friends."

 

Kagome sighed once again slipping into thought. Why was she so afraid of him? That the mere name of him striking every nerve in her body. Why hasn't she recovered yet? I mean come on…its been so long since she'd seen him in person.

 

The lock fell to the ground silencing her thoughts. She gradually picked it up and opened her locker. Who was she fooling…herself for one.

 

"I hate my life," she muttered as she grabbed her books for the final class she feared most…English. She closed the locker making sure it was securely locked.

 

Kagome never liked English. She preferred to be stripped naked and dipped in boiling hot oil then go through one of Mr. Rossin's lectures. Then again…English wasn't so bad. She had the best seat in the room. Way back in the corner she sat next to a window.

 

She smiled thoughtfully as she made it to her class, but once again the whole school, basically girls, was there. Why oh why must the fates torture her so. `I knew I should have come earlier!' she thought, mentally slapping herself.

 

This is the one period she loathed. It may be the last one before freedom is hers but she would be in the same room as him. She placed her books into her backpack, raised her sleeves to her shoulders, squinted her eyes in determination and pushed her tiny body through the large crowd of screaming girls.

 

"Can I have your autograph?" screamed one girl.

 

"No, like, totally, like, date, like, me ya know?" screamed another and instantly Kagome knew today would be total hell.

 

She expertly weaved her way through the crowd. Taking deep breaths as though she was swimming in a sea. "Ow!" She rubbed her head as she reached the door. Someone had pulled her skirt along with a piece of her hair.

 

"Oh gawd," Kagome sighed as she entered the classroom. She rolled her backpack onto the floor as she leaned against the door. `Why am I so…so...'

 

"Hey Kagome." Kagome looked up to see Hojo sitting in the second row.

 

"Oh… hi Hojo," Kagome said awkwardly.

 

Hojo was really…strange. He never seemed to take a hint that she wasn't interested in him. `A little oblivious to the obvious' her mother once said. He was always smiling such an innocent smile. Sometimes Kagome felt envious of him; the way he can just let things slide without them bugging him.

 

"You look quite lovely today Kagome." He blushed slightly. Right now, she didn't feel envious. Right now she felt like strangling him. Just place her perfect little hands around his perfect little neck and squeeze that perfect little smile out of him.

 

Kagome forced on a smile as she hauled the backpack onto her shoulder. "Thanks Hojo. You look…nice." The boy blushed again. She totally felt like gagging right now. But he didn't know any better. He would be a perfect girl, Kagome often wondered; head cheerleader, blond, blue eyes and a tipsy voice. She/he would be twirling a piece of lock around his/her finger wondering what a poem was.

 

She placed a hand on her head. Her eyes grew big as she realized her state. Her skirt was completely wrinkled as her shirt leaned lopsided on her shoulders. Her hair was all fagged out as if she had been struck by lightning.

 

Kagome sighed as she made her way to her seat. She placed the bag down on her desk and slid down into the seat. She blew a puff of air out. Rummaging through her bag she found a comb. `Note one: thank mom for the comb.' Her mother somehow always knew what kind of day she was going to have. How? Don't know.

 

Ignoring the bickering going on in front, Kagome combed her hair. When finished she placed it back into the bag and placed it onto the floor. She placed a piece of stray hair behind her ear and starred out the window longingly. She placed her arm on the desk followed by her chin.

 

It was a beautiful summer day. A larger tree sat outside her window. In it, squirrels scurried up and down the branches, gathering nuts for the upcoming winter. Baby blue jays chirped, waiting anxiously for their parents to return with dinner.

 

Kagome sighed once again. Why was she forced five days a week to go to this hellhole called school? What was the point? Her friends for one; they never liked climbing the shrine stairs so always met her at the mall. Another is her dream; writing. She loved to write. It seemed all her feelings, dreams, hopes, and fears can be spilled completely. She could write anything.

 

It never ceased to amaze her mother. The first poem she had writing that truly held any meaning was the day her father died. She was so traumatized that she couldn't speak. She kept everything held inside; eating her raw. She had written what she felt. All the pain. The heartache. It wasn't easy as she kept wetting the paper with her tears, her hand always shaking.

 

A single tear ran down her cheek and quickly wiped it away before anyone noticed. God…how she missed him. The way he smiled, the way he smelt. But now she started to hate herself. His image began to fade slowly and she didn't want to forget.

 

A blue monarch butterfly landed on the sill. Kagome smiled gently a held her free hand out. The monarch flew onto her forefinger. "I wish I could be as free as you," she said quietly, gently kissing it. She held it further out the window letting the summer breeze gently take her new friend away.

 

What's the point? Basically she did the same thing everyday. She got up, got dressed, went to school, came home, do homework and then willow in self-pity until she fell asleep.

 

Kagome looked at the door. The room had gone quiet…too quiet. There wasn't a crowd anymore and three figures stood at the door. The first came in. It was Mr. Rossin carrying his usual dead ugly briefcase.

 

He placed the case on his desk with a thud. He nudged his glasses closer to his brown eyes.

 

"Pages 1 through 10 class. Next week you'll have a test." Mr. Rossin said softly but seriously. He was a kind man to Kagome. He always praised her work. `You're going somewhere Higarashi,' he said over and repeatedly.

 

 

The last two figures walked in. "Hey teach," said one, waving his hand at the swooning girls. He looked into the back and smiled at Kagome.

 

Kagome looked surprised; wide-eyed. She looked behind her, praying that he was looking at someone else, but only wall. She then realized the horrible fortune that had been bestowed upon her.

 

He had finally seen her after all these years. Since when was she so important? Scratch that. Since when was she so scared? Those golden orbs of his seemed to pierce her soul. Her entire being and yet she couldn't look away. This is what she tried to avoid, eye contact. She couldn't stand it; those orbs were so fake yet at the same time real.

 

Those eyes were the main reason why she couldn't face him. It wasn't the only reason. She had tried so hard not to be seen by him. She knew she couldn't hide forever but she tried for now.

 

The last figure came in behind the boy. "Hi Miroku," said one of the girls seductively. The boy winked at her.

 

Miroku looked where his friend was looking. He saw the girl her eyes filled with mixed emotions, mainly fear. He leaned closer to his friend and grinned. He knew what his friend was thinking but couldn't believe whom he chose.

 

Mr. Rossin had left the class already. Those two boys were more trouble than they were worth.

 

The golden orbs seemed to get closer and closer to Kagome. Her fears were becoming closer and closer with each step he took towards her. The girls seem to cling to the boy as he passed hoping that he would look at them.

 

He stopped in front of the trembling girl. Shivers seemed to be running a marathon up and down her spine. Her breathing became quick as his ears twitched to the pleasant sound of her reaction.

 

Kagome had to summon everything she had to send the slightest glare at him. Then he said something that made her stomach churn. Something that made her the target of every girl's `must kill' list. Something that would change her life forever.

 

"I, Inuyasha, have chosen you to be my girlfriend."

 

 

AG310: finally the first chappie is up. *yawns and stretches*

 

Shippo: Why are you so tired?

 

AG310: Because I've been trying really hard to perfect my typing skills and it's really hot here in the Bahamas. I'm stuck on a godforsaken island called Andros and crabs aren't walking. (During certain months crabs come onto land to mate and have eggs. Sometimes you can literally scoop them up off the road or in the front of your house. But no rain equals any crab.) My goal is to get at least 100 reviews on any or all of my fics.

 

Shippo: that a big goal.

 

Inuyasha walks in: Why the HELL wench did you wait so long to say my name? Do you have the hots for me or something?

 

AG310 GAGS: *sneezes*

 

Kouga: Bless you my love.

 

AG310: *sneezes* thanks Kouga...*sees Kouga moving closer; sneezes*

 

Shippo: Why you sneezing so much?

 

AG310 WIPES EYES: I'm allergic to big egos.

 

Shippo: but nothing happened until Inuyasa-*gets smacked in head* OW!!! MOMMY!!!

 

Kagome: SIT BOY!!! *inuyasha does head first in tile floor* Please read and review.

 

Kouga wraps arms around AG310: she needs at least twenty reviews too continue.

 

AG310: GAH! *quickly types something*

 

Kouga is turn in a baby wolf: your just denying the inedible. you will be my mate! *looks at shippo* Shippo…what are you doing?

 

Shippo: FOX FIRE!! *Kouga gets burn and passes out*

 

AG310: please review….oh yeah who is Ayame? I think that's her name. I have been seeing her in a lot of fics lately. Is she a past love of Kouga or something? If you can, send me a picture please ^.^ Quicker the reviews hopefully quicker updates.