InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ For Richer or Poorer ❯ Rection is a Painful thing ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Yeah!!! Was the last chappie suspenseful or what? I don't really know until I type some kind of romantic crap. Dunno way. I just feel better writing that kind of stuff. Yes… mushy, gushy stuff. Not too mushy and gushy to make me sick. Just enough to weird some people out.
 
 
 
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Chapter 2
 
Rejection…
 
Girlfriend…girlfriend…Those words echoed off her head like a tennis ball during a tennis match.
 
Inuyasha stood there observing the girl. Her face seemed to be stripped of all emotions as she starred into a blank space. He smiled and took a seat next to her never letting his eyes falter from her. Girls always reacted this way to him. It was just part of the package of being an irresistible, single high school bachelor.
 
She blinked.
 
A bird passed by the window.
 
She blinked again still not registering what had happened to her in the past half hour.
 
The class was silent. All heads were turned to her to see her reaction. She knew she was supposed to be something but what? Happy? Joyous? Scared? She couldn't quite put her finger on it. She seemed to be drifting in an endless space.
 
In less than a second, Kagome placed her hands on her desk and started to hyperventilate. Her life just flashed before her eyes. Memories of her past started to resurface after she had finally could move on.
 
Kagome's hair fell covering her face. She was breathing rather hard and trembling.
 
Inuyasha's grin widened at the girl's reaction. He knew this would happen but he savored every moment of it. Sometimes a girl would squeal in delight, others would pass out in ecstasy. Sometimes a girl would react with no emotion till the end…just like how this girl was reacting.
 
Kagome shuddered. Her throat was clogged with ushered tears but she remained strong. She had to. She had no choice. She wasn't ready to go back. Back to when she was small and everything seemed right with the world.
 
She shook her head from those thoughts. She wasn't ready…
 
Inuyasha tapped his foot impatiently. What's the deal, he thought. Miroku stood beside him with a different girl hanging on him, drawing circles on his chest and whispering naughty thoughts into his head. His grin would widen every so often.
 
How was she supposed to react. Kagome took deep breaths to calm her nerves. She racked her nails into the desk.
 
She sighed and took another deep breath. She forced a smile onto her face and flipped her hair back; looking at the boy that sat beside her. Her smiled faltered slightly at the boy making out beside Inuyasha. He didn't seem nerved by it. He actually seemed to be used to this abhorred manner.
 
Kagome forced herself not to stick her tongue out in disgust. She didn't believe that would be very…necessary at this point. Her mother had trained her well in holding back her tongue by literally knocking it into her head at an early childhood. That and everything else that she needed to know to grow into a 'proper' young lady.
 
"I'm sorry for my rude behavior," she lied. Inuyasha just shrugged as his eye twinkled. She looked at the clock that hung on the wall. Five minutes…five more miserable minutes in hell…
 
Inuyasha leaned back into his chair, hands behind his back. A girl with blond hair came round to him and wrapped her arms around him protectively. She whispered into one of his dog ears as she eyed Kagome.
 
Three in a half minutes…
 
Kagome kept up her façade. "I must have heard you wrong, sir. But it seems your girlfriend is right there."
 
Two minutes…
 
"Even if you didn't have one," she packed her things and stood up the breeze gently swaying her hair, "I have no interest in being your girlfriend."
 
Before Inuyasha or anyone else for that matter could react the bell rang and she stormed out of the room.
 
'Saved by the bell.'
 
-*-
 
A man sat at a wooden desk. He shifted through the paper work on his desk as he growled annoyed. His golden eyes starred at the berated clock across from him.
 
He hated the damn thing. The ticking…the ever slow, cursed ticking…never wavering…always seemed to get a tad louder and closer.
 
He eyed it in pure hatred. He reached an arm out to it just to scowl in madness. Why'd he kept the blasted thing if it caused him so much sanity?
 
He ran a hand through his silver hair. He had a splitting headache. A cup of coffee would do right now. A blue crescent moon seemed to be moving on his pounding forehead as he shifted through the paperwork looking for…something. Two red streaks ran across both his cheeks and he mentally wanted to fire who ever gave him all this paperwork to do within one work day.
 
He cursed slightly. He would really have to get this desk clean soon. He grinned slightly as he imagined not paperwork laying on his desk but a beauty. She'd have long legs, big breasts, curves in all the right places…the works. Everything and anything a guy would need to make him happy for quite some time.
 
He finally found what he was looking for and pressed the button.
 
"Yes, Mr. Sesshomaru," came a chirpy voice. Within a few minutes a knock came at his door.
 
"Come in." A girl came in humming a simple tune. She placed the cup of coffee down on a coaster and slid it onto his desk. "Thank you Rin. That would be all."
 
The girl smiled and skipped out the office. He let his eyes linger down to the sway of her hips until the door closed.
 
He was left alone…with that godforsaken ticking again. Now he knew why he kept it at a distance. He wanted to pitch it out the window behind him. Let it fall into the ocean across the street. Or better yet let it fall down to the street to its bloody doom and he'd laughed victorious as cars ran over it, spilling its metal entrails across the pavement. He'd finally rejoice that he had gotten rid of the cursed thing. He'll have peace. He'll have tranquillity.
 
He sighed. So young…so fragile. She would never go out with him let alone love him. He's a demon, she a human. He just wants to have a memorable night of sex and she most likely wants a relationship, get married and have kids. What could he ever give her that she could find with any other human. He'll just spend his days with one-night stands. Didn't really matter. He'll have a woman on his desk making her call his name in no time. Probably when Rin goes on her next vacation in a week or so.
 
He took a sip of his coffee before starting his monotonous job in clearing papers.
 
He managed to clear his desk by three. Proud at the fact he'll finally have some time to himself until a toad-like creature crept in. "Master Sesshomaru."
 
Sesshomaru narrowed his eyes at the creature. "What is it Jaken?"
 
The creature fumbled awhile. "Well, Master Sesshomaru, if it wasn't too much trouble if you could, um, well I mean if-"
 
"Spit it out," he growled annoyed.
 
Jaken took a step back. "I was wondering if I could have a break."
 
That's it? he thought. He wants a break? I'll break his arm then he'll have a break for six months. "Sure," he mumbled. "One thing though."
 
"Anything!" he eyes twinkling. Finally, after all his hard…er…work, he'll get a break. Oh the mere moments of joy that makes life worth wild.
 
"Move that clock closer." Jaken eyed his boss warily. He shouldn't do it but he really needed the break. Rin was driving him crazy with all the Teen Magazines she made him look at.
 
Jaken took a step closer and on tiptoe slide the clock closer to Sesshomaru. "Thanks," he said picking up the clock. It was a Mickey Mouse clock that somehow his half-breed brother blackmailed him into bringing to work. He grinned.
 
Jaken took a step forward. "Don't do anything too hasty now. Sir?"
 
Sesshomaru stood out his swerve chair and turned facing the ocean. The sun was setting. Without looking at the clock he knew it was about five. He raised his hand and pitched the clock clear out the window. Cross the street and into the ocean onto an unsuspected seagull's nest.
 
"Master Sesshomaru!" exclaimed Jaken. He hurried over to the window and peered out. Stunned by what just happened. "I thought you liked it."
 
Sesshomaru felt free at last. No more ticking…no more godforsaken ticking. He strolled over to the door and took his gray jacket off the coat hanger. He grabbed his keys and opened the door. "Jaken you liked the clock and if you want to sleep here alone this weekend fine by me."
 
Jaken ran after his boss. "Wait for me!"
 
~*~
 
A howl of rejection echoed through the mansion. Passing maids hurried into nearby rooms to escape the furry of their boss.
 
Inuyasha stomped through the corridors. He threw a nearby vase and continued walking.
He was furious, outraged, and clearly angry. Nothing like this had ever happened to him. He was the most irresistible guy on this side of the country. "How dare she!" he hollered his voice bouncing off the walls. "Stupid wench!"
 
The crystal chandeliers that hung from above swayed.
 
An echo of heels taping the pearly white tiles was heard before him. Inuyasha looked up in rage at the figure before him. She had her hair in a tight bun and glasses perched on top. She wore a lawyer type suit and had papers held beneath her right arm. Her left arm hung at her hips as she stared coldly at the boy.
 
"Do you know what time it is?" she demanded tapping her foot annoyingly on the tiled floor.
 
"I don't give a rat's ass what time it is, Kikyo," he ground out between clenched teeth.
 
She ignored him and shoved the papers into his arms. She patted her pockets and removed a solid gold pen with a silver clip. She placed it on top of the pile and shoved him down into a nearby chair. "It's nearly eleven at night and you need to sign these."
 
He glared at her but she didn't budge. Her stone cold stare made him shudder slightly. "What's with the glasses? Getting old? And why do I have to sign these? Get my brother to do it!" he countered grinning.
 
"It's to relieve stress," she said using her index finger and thumb to rub between her eyes. She pulled the bun out; her head was pounding enough already and the tightness of the bun didn't help. "You're signing to approve to rental status of the company building that are under the command of you father. And your brother cannot sign these because he had forfeited his birthright the day he defined your father."
 
Inuyasha knew better than to argue with her. She had a way of twisting his words to suit his needs. He didn't have the strength tonight since he really was saving it for his workout in the morning. He grudged signing the papers and handed them to her. "Do you even care what happened to me today?!" he asked really pissed.
 
That girl did something to him no other girl has ever done to him…reject him like he was a rotten tomato, like he was yesterday's newspaper. No women had ever resist him except for his mother. She never fell for his 'cute' trick.
 
Something about her made his flesh tingle. He never noticed her before till today. The way the wind blew around her made her feel almost…angelic. Something about that girl sparked a memory from long ago. Did he know the girl? Maybe she was a past girlfriend seeking her vengeance on him for dumping her after the first date. Inuyasha mentally slapped himself and gagged. What was he thinking? Must have been the taco he had for lunch.
 
Kikyo raised a hand and turned to leave. "Frankly, I don't care if you got amnesia." She did a rhythmic tap onto the stack of papers. How she wished she could ring his little neck. Pop that little grin clear of his face that women so worshipfully adored. "Actually it would make my life a whole lot better." She strutted off to the office on the second floor.
 
Inuyasha stood up, grabbed the chair and flung it cross the railing. It plummeted three stories before crashing to the bottom. Heads turned to face him. He glared at each of them. "Who the hell you looking at?! Get back to work or I'll fire all your asses!"
 
In a blink of an eye everything went back to what it was except for a certain hanyou cursing about a certain raven-haired girl.
 
 
 
 
--
 
 
 
 
AG310: there…second chappie down. My head is swinging so badly from the stress of island life. My cat seems to be fighting with his brother as my sister is reading. Our dog is howling like mad and a hurricane just blew over. My life is so interesting. (Rolls eyes.) If you got any ideas email me at meshakgirl@hotmail.com.