InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Goodbye to You ❯ It's You ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author’s Notes: Gosh, I am so sorry I took so long! You have no idea how many times I had to re-write this chapter and kind of re-modify the song! So this is the last chapter, and unless you guys decide you want the epilogue so bad you have to resort to beating my door down with a stick, the final part to our story. For now, enjoy the last and probably shortest installment to ‘Goodbye to You’.

Disclaimer: Nope, I don’t own Inuyasha yet, as I do not own ‘It’s You’ by Michelle Branch. But I sure am jealous of the people who do own them...   Goodbye to You Part Eight: It’s You      

A weak light slowly began to peek through the closed lids of the young woman who lain sleeping on the ground, unaware of anything beyond her world of hazy dreams. Her bright blue eyes slowly opened in exhaustion, awaiting the new day to finally begin with the kiss of the morning’s rays upon her illuminant face and the dazzling dawn to meet her wondrous gaze, but all she was met with was the weak breaking of twilight.

Kagome gently yawned as she tried to stretch from her spot from the ground, but paused mid-yawn as she found she simply could not move. She turned her head in one sudden movement, but did not move anymore as she stared down upon the face of the one person she loved more than anything in this lifetime.

“Inuyasha...”

He was still asleep, which in itself was a miracle. Usually he barely slept at all. But then again, usually he was also a hanyou, so maybe she was being a bit biased on that statement.

Kagome sighed as she stared at his boyish face, fascinated at the moment by the way his eyelids flickered indecisively in whether to stay closed or welcome the new day. In her eyes, it really didn’t matter whether he woke up or not, or if the morning Sun never rose. As long as she could just watch him for a little longer... If tomorrow never comes,
I would want just one thing...
 

She had missed these moments.

The moments in where she could just sit back and marvel at him. Yes, she did sound like a lovey dovey fan girl, but everybody had those kind of moments. And when you were in love with someone like Inuyasha of all people, these moments were too few and far in between.

Her eyes closed for a moment as she imagined what her future would be like... here in the past. I would tell it to the stars and Sun, I would write it for the world to see.  

She still couldn’t believe it. How could she of all people be so lucky to have such a happy ending? She truly believed after the year of sufferance she had been granted by the Gods above, she would never have the chance to be happy again.

But...

He had come back to her after all. And it’s you. The light changes when you’re in the room.  

He was her only one... Oh, it’s you.  

And that’s the way it was going to be now. They wouldn’t ever have to be unhappy again. No, not when they had each other now.

Kagome laid back down and closed her eyes as she drifted away in the land of sleep once again...

‘I love you, Inuyasha...’ Woah, it’s you.  

A pair of violet eyes popped open as the light became too much for him to handle. Inuyasha blinked a couple times as the room slowly came to focus. He looked down into his arms as he finally notice the weight on his side.

He could only smile as he stared at the girl by his side.

She had finally come back to him. If tomorrow never comes, I would want just one wish...  

Inuyasha nuzzled Kagome’s cheek as he smiled to himself in contentment. One kiss wouldn’t hurt... right? To kiss your quiet mouth And trace your step with my fingertips.  

As he continued to rain kisses upon the young girl’s face, her eyes fluttered open as she gasped quietly to herself. The pair of lovers suddenly looked each other straight in the eyes as a giggle escaped Kagome’s lips.

How could they have survived so long without this affection from the other? And it’s you. The light changes when you’re in the room.  

No words were said as they just simply stared at the other. They both knew the same thoughts were coursing through the other’s head. It was impossible that they weren’t thinking the same thing. Because they both knew... Oh, it’s you.