InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Inuyasha ❯ Inuyahsa ( Chapter 5 )

[ A - All Readers ]

When Kagome and Koga returned to camp, she saw that Inu Yasha's face wore a look of relief and heartbreak. When she saw him, she felt torn inside, realizing that this whole thing with Koga was just a ploy of revenge, and now she was getting caught up in it and really liking the emotions Koga was stirring within her. Still, she couldn't help but feel guilty that maybe she was taking things too far, since she really still loved Inu Yasha---only seeing him go through the same pain as she did with him and Kikyo was kind of enjoyable. However, Kagome was getting mixed feelings about Koga. The memory of his tongue on her skin was very vivid in her mind, and she blushed every time she thought of it.
 
Koga seemed pleased for the most part, and Kagome felt saddened that maybe she was giving him some false hope. She had already decided that at the beginning of this that she would dump him and end this instance of Wolf Rites of Courtship, but now she didn't know. Playing with him, even if she didn't have strong feelings for him, was not right and she felt bad for using a friend, for she still valued his friendship. However, now her feelings aren't entirely the same toward Koga. She was almost starting to like him --- in a way more intense and free than she ever felt with Inu Yasha.
 
She was scared to explore these feelings, and she was afraid that she'd be losing feelings for Inu Yasha and be swept up in feelings for Koga.
 
She shook her head. 'Damn, Kagome. Stop thinking so much, you'll give yourself a headache.'
 
Inu Yasha and Koga both noticed the distress in Kagome's behavior after they had awakened from last night's rest and started walking again toward the shard in the south. Kagome decided not to walk by either Inu Yasha or Koga, since Koga was well enough to run again and Inu Yasha was still carrying Miroku. Kagome rode Kiarar with Sango, and she felt more secure with her female companion than with the eyes of her male companions beating done her with worry.
 
Sango noticed some stress in her friend, and she decided that maybe she shouldn't ask. She just merely said, "Kagome, if you need to talk, I'm hear for you."
 
Kagome smiled lightheartedly. "I know. It's just so complicated."
 
Sango gave her a wry grin. "Although, I am curious to what you did with the wolf prince." Kagome giggled.
 
"I'm sure everyone is."
 
"Anything you can tell me?" Sango pried from her. Kagome's mood started to get better when she opened up a little about Koga.
 
"Well...let's just say I had the best foot rub in my entire life," Kagome purred. Sango looked at her with confusion, almost horror.
 
"Don't worry, nothing else happened. We just talked--- and cuddled," Kagome blushed. "It was nice to have someone listen to me for a change and not put me down."
 
Kagome looked down at Koga and smiled sweetly. At that exact moment, the wolf prince looked over his shoulder up at her, and gave her his classic bad boy grin --- fangs included. Although, Inu Yasha noticed the interaction too, and his ears twitched, signaling that he may have heard what she said. He looked up at her mournfully, and she wasn't paying attention to him, continuing to stare at Koga. Inu Yasha 'humphed' and continued to bounce faster, trying to speed up past Koga.
 
Koga noticed Inu Yasha had picked up his speed, and realized that maybe he caught Kagome staring at HIM and not her former 'dogface,' and that information had pleased him. He did think also that Inu Yasha might be running ahead to show Koga that he could possibly run faster than him, but Koga wasn't going to play Inu Yasha's competitive games. He knew that he had Kagome's appreciation all on his own, and some racing game wasn't worth getting involved in.
 
While Koga was lost in thought, he suddenly ran smack into Inu Yasha's back. And as he feel backwards, Inu Yasha gave him a dirty look. Koga was going to retort to whatever Inu Yasha was going to say to that, but instead, he just started sniffing around not paying any attention to him. Koga began to follow Inu Yasha's example and started to sniff around too, realizing that Inu Yasha had sensed a demon nearby. Koga's eyes darted around and he became defensive.
 
Inu Yasha had set the monk down and Kiarar had landed with Sango and Kagome. Sango looked around their path in the forest and Kagome readied her arrows.
 
"Demon," Inu Yasha sniffed.
 
"I can sense the shard," Kagome said finally, "Stronger than ever."
 
"About damn time! I'm sick of running around!" Inu Yasha said, and his anger seemed to magnify ten times higher in that second. Kagome guessed he had some repressed anger as of late, and he was excited to meet this demon and pound the shit out of him to alleviate his stress. "I hope this is a big fucker." He said under his breath, but the others surely heard it.
 
Koga smirked, and he thought that if it was a big demon, and if he ended up defeating it himself, Kagome might be impressed with him, and less impressed with her usual "savior." So he was wishing for the demon to be big too, and he decided to comment on what Inu Yasha said.
 
"Yeah, big and all mine. Why don't you sit this one out, little puppy?" Koga chanted. Inu Yasha glared at him.
 
"Why you ----!" Inu Yasha clenched his fist and almost walked over to him but he was delayed. He turned around as something in the bushes stirred. Everyone looked to stare at the source of the movement and waited...
 
Suddenly, everyone could smell something pungent and nauseating. They heard a wet, sloppy noise coming from the bushes, and then that's when the demon approached them. Everyone had gotten their guards up, and when they looked down at the green swelling blob, their faces fell, and they were embarrassed.
 
"Gruoibuisanbkajugkldsjgasd!" it said sloppily, choking on it's own goo.
 
"EWWWW!" Kagome yelled, and she began to look a little greener. Inu Yasha's ears flattened to his head. Koga's nose wrinkled fiercely. Sango looked at the demon with some pity, and Miroku stood back, and covered his kazaana up quickly. He sighed and sat down on a rock, appearing to not want to deal with the demon.
 
It was about seven feet tall and oozing all over the place. It had "something" that resembled a face close to it's midsection, and when it opened it's "mouth" or more like a vacuous hole, it made a weird squishing noise that was supposed to be scary.
 
Inu Yasha looked at the thing in pure shock. Then he began to seethe with rage because this "thing" was supposed to be the monster they were tracking. He clenched his fist and said through gritted teeth, "Kagome, don't tell me this stupid piece of shit has the jewel shard?"
 
"Yup," Kagome piped. Koga started laughing hysterically.
 
"I've changed my mind. You can have this one Inu Yasha!" Koga said, sitting cross-legged on the ground and watching Inu Yasha with a bored look and little interest.
 
Kagome put away her arrows and sighed. Unknowingly, she took a seat next to Koga. Inu Yasha was beginning to get really angry.
 
"WHY THE FUCK SHOULD I TAKE CARE OF THIS WEAK PIECE OF SHIT!" He roared, his tone startling his companions and making the demon impatient. The demon opened his mouth and shot a stream of liquid at Inu Yasha. It smelled horribly, and after he dodged it, it lumped to the floor and started to attract flies. Kagome looked at the mass of goo and got a repulsed look on her face. She stood up, her brows furrowed, and she she walked over to Inu Yasha heatedly.
 
"JUST take care of it! It stinks!"
 
"Make me, bitch!"
 
"Don't call me a bitch! Kill the monster! You want that shard, don't you!"
 
"SHUT UP! I'm going to kill it, so just get out of my face!"
 
"Well DO IT already!"
 
"Well FINE!"
 
Kagome stood behind him and crossed her arms. She gave him a bored look and then she waved her hand at him to "go to it." Inu Yasha rolled his eyes and readied his sword. He looked at the weak demon, slowly inching to his position. Inu Yasha guessed that once the demon got to his position, it would be next week. Still, he needed that shard. And if shards made demons powerful, what kind of demon was this without it?
 
"FEH! You ugly piece of shit! Killing you will be the best thing ever for your sorry ass!"
 
Well, the demon seemed to understand him. He wailed loudly, his voice piercing at the ears of everyone there. Everyone covered them quickly, making sounds of disgust and pain as the excruciating sound pulsed at their eardrums.
 
"Inu Yasha, kill it don't threaten it!" Shippo whined, nursing his hurt ears.
 
"Man you are so slow, mutt face!" Koga said, taunting him.
 
Finally, Inu Yasha glared at them all, powered up the Wind Scar on his sword, let out a growl, and then pointed it at the demon. He looked in the corner of his eye to see Kagome yawning, and he whipped a blast at the demon rather urgently to subside his anger for how the group was treating him in this matter.
 
Soon, everyone was almost blinded by a huge explosion of light and debris. The poor demon whined piteously, and all of its entrails were flung everywhere. Everyone started backing up out of the way as goo was flung in myriad directions around the area. The demon was gone, but the Wind Scar was not able to get rid of the smell nor the gross body parts left behind. Everyone was fortunate enough to be clear of the flinging goo ---- well, everyone but Kagome.
 
She screamed in horror and repulsion. Inu Yasha looked frantically over at her when he heard her. Koga leapt up and was at her side almost immediately. Sango and Miroku looked over with mild concern. The smoke cleared and Kagome was surely healthy, yet she was covered in the rotten goo and smelling terribly.
 
"I NEED A BATH! THIS IS SO DISGUSTING!" She yelled, and Inu Yasha masked his ears as well as his nose.
 
"First tell me where the shard is!" He said gruffly, "I'm not going to go searching through all that shit."
 
Kagome glared fiercely at him. Anger swelled within her. He was still so arrogant and selfish! Then, images of him and Kikyo flashed before her eyes. Oh! How dare he! She felt a pain in her heart, and then her temper soared at the idea that he would never speak to his precious "KIKYO" in that tone. If she told him to find the shard in a mass of stinky poo she knew he would dutifully go, "Yes, my love," and not complain a whole hell of a lot about it. But for her...NO, he treated her like his servant! He talked to her as if she was not equal to him! She clenched her fists, stuck out her pouting lip, and her brows furrowed as far down as they could go. Tears from anger and the horrible smell plagued her eyes.
 
Inu Yasha saw her seething and he stepped back realizing he struck a nerve. 'Oh, shit. And I was planning on getting on her good side again.'
 
"SIT!"
 
It had been inevitable, and so was his thud in the ground. Then as he struggled with the magic that held him down, he heard her say, "Find that shard yourself, you oaf! HUMPH!" And he saw her heels turn in direction of the deep forest, no doubt to the stream they had past by earlier.
 
Then as he struggled with the magic of her spell, he saw Koga's feet dart after her. He tried fighting the spell, but it held him down pretty strongly, and he couldn't stop his rival from following her into the forest.
 
"Kagome, wait!" Koga yelled at her, but she was moving rapidly ahead.
 
She didn't stop, nor did she slow down, she just power walked ahead, her mind in a angry frenzy elsewhere.
 
"Kagome!"
 
"Koga, I'll be back later, okay?" She said with exasperation. "You shouldn't come near me. I really stink, and I need privacy to take a bath."
 
"But uhm..." he stuttered. "I really think this is a good opportunity for you to fulfill my wish today as per the Rites of Courtship."
 
Kagome froze in her heated footsteps. Her face first turned white, then a bit pink, and then purpled in pure unabashed embarrassment. She couldn't believe him! At a time like this? Well, actually, she had wanted to avoid the Rites for the day, pretty sure that Koga wanted something "sexual" from her or something that she wouldn't be comfortable performing. Her lip quivered, and she shut her eyes tightly.
 
Koga ran up in front of her and gave her a serious look. He sensed her anxiety, and he started to feel depressed that maybe she really wasn't serious about the rites of Courtship.
 
"Kagome, are you alright?" He asked softly.
 
"I'm fine. I just smell and feel filthy. I need a bath," she sighed heavily. "I'm sorry but I'm in too bad a mood to do anything to please you today. Can we postpone it for tomorrow?"
 
Koga's eyes fell to the ground in disappointment. The look on his face made Kagome's heart retch uncomfortably. She started to feel sorry for him, and in a sense, ashamed at herself for leading him on. But then she saw a slight smirk stain his face. She looked at him curiously.
 
"But Kagome, what I want you to do for me is no work for you at all," He said softly, raising his head slowly to meet her gaze. Now, she was more puzzled than ever.
 
"Wha---What do you want me to do?" Kagome said, clearing her throat awkwardly.
 
"Just give me permission," He paused as he watched her eyes widen reflexively. "...to watch you bathe."
 
SLAM! 'Did someone just hit me with a rubber chicken?' She thought, immobilized out of fear and shock that he would even make such a bold request. But oh, Koga was ever so bold and always would be, that was what she kind of liked about him. EEK! But how did she like him? She wasn't so sure anymore. Her face blushed again. And Koga sniffed lightly. 'Gods, he must be smelling that tingle in my lower body again.' And she cursed demons for having such sensitive noses because it left little to the beauty of mystery.
 
Her lip quivered, and she wished to high heaven she could get away with silence, but she couldn't. She had to answer him, and although, his personal permission to a peep show of HER was rather kinky and perverted in a way, he was right that she didn't have to do ANYTHING, just allow him to watch her strip naked and clean herself.
 
'Omigawd! He wants to see me naked!' It finally dawned on her in pure force, and she looked up at Koga rather sharply. He stood back, afraid of incurring her wrath that he had witnesses earlier, and he instinctively put his hands up to defend himself.
 
"I---I promise I won't try anything. It's just that you always smell so good..." He started to blush, and this puzzled Kagome. What the hell? He had made this outrageous request and now he was getting nervous again? 'Maybe he's bipolar,' she thought, and then shook the thoughts out of her head as he began to talk again. "And...your skin looks so tasty--- I MEAN, so clean, I just wanted to see you bathe. I mean, it's not perverted....well it is, but I swear I won't touch you."
 
He appeared to be somewhat honest, yet his intentions were purely carnal, and he did promise not to touch her. Still, Kagome wasn't sure if she liked the fact that a guy would be watching her private moment.
 
"Uhm... okay, it's just that I'm a little scared," She felt her cheeks burn from embarrassment."No guy has ever watched me before. Well, none that have not regretted watching me and then getting the brunt of Sango's weapon."
 
Koga smiled lightly. He looked up at her face with his deep cerulean eyes. She shivered as his intense gaze pleaded with her. She sighed heavily, realizing that it would get her out of having to "do" something to him since he was right she wouldn't be doing anything at all, just letting him watch.
 
"Fine," Kagome said, finally giving in. Koga beamed merrily. His face read that of some kid getting away with a naughty little act, and his eyes danced with unreadable emotions. He was happy nonetheless, but Kagome guessed he felt something else in anticipation of her bath. She didn't need a demon's nose to sense that maybe he was just a bit excited. Well, senses had little to do with it because she had accidentally looked down at his thighs and seen his excitement bulging out beneath his pelt. She blushed to this and quickly looked away, walking further to the spring.
 
As Koga bounded happily behind her, puffing out his chest and rubbing his hands together in anticipation, Kagome sighed heavily. 'OH, gees, what have I agreed to?'
 
TBC...