InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Knight in Shining Armor ❯ Higurashi Valley ( Prologue )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Knight In Shining Armor
Higurashi Valley
 
Higurashi Valley, one of the largest cities in all of feudal Japan. Home to the royal Higurashi family, of course. Tax payers had to come from miles around to pay their taxes to the Lord and Lady. Higurashi Valley was home to many many people, and the rulers of such a kingdom would have the most power in all Japan because of how spread out the kingdom was. Many people envied the king and queen, and had tried rigorously to kill either one of them. However, with dog demons as their guards and servants, none would be heard of.
 
At the time, ten year old, Kagome Higurashi was heir to the throne. The beloved little princess, whose smile could just brighten the day up. Currently, she had friends who lived only in the castle.
 
Sango Taijiya was the daughter of the headman of the kingdom's demon slayers. She could fight with such skill and grace, Kagome couldn't help but be envious. An eleven year old with such strength such as Sango, was not something you just came around a lot.
 
Then, there was Miroku. Miroku was the same age as Sango and was the grandson of the Castle's monk, Miatsu. Miatsu would also protect the castle from demons and harm. He brought good luck to all of the people of the kingdom. Miroku didn't do any exorcisms at his age, but judging by his father, he sure would be one heck of a monk.
 
And last, but not least, was Inuyasha. Inuyasha two years older than Kagome, but was Kagome's best friend. His mother had died when he was four and he never knew his father. Now, he lived with the castle's guards and servants, helping out when needed, and training everyday to become stronger. Inuyasha was only a half demon, and was picked on by many people in the castle, except Kagome. People felt that the spawn of a demon and human was evil and they judged Inuyasha before they even knew him. Sadly enough, Kagome's father was no different. He had reluctantly agreed to letting Inuyasha stay with them.
 
Kagome always feared becoming a hostage and taken away, or being killed. But Inuyasha's comments on hunting the guy down to save her, made her feel so much safer.
 
Kagome loved all her friends. She was kind to everyone in the castle, and everyone liked her. Kaede and her older sister, Kikyo, the two priestesses. Myoga, the adviser. Sesshoumaru, Inuyasha's older brother, and his adopted daughter, Rin who was also friends with Kagome. However, there was one ominous person in the household. Naraku. He was another one of her father's royal advisers. But Kagome always feared him and just could not escape the thoughts of him doing something awful to her family and friends. He was just such a suspicious character…