InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Love in strange places ❯ The new kit ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 3

" I'm leaving now mom" Shouted Kagome*Wait'll Inuyasha sees the new and improved me*

"good luck sister"

Familiar blue swirls brought the youkai Kagome to the feudal Japan.* Where's Inuyasha?* she thought as she slowly made her way through the forest *Hn??* There was Inuyasha kissing kikyo like no tomorrow and whispering words of comfort and assurance of his love for her. She fled from the site. *Funny I'm not crying…*

"KAGOME-KAASAN!!" Shouted a startled Shippo from Kaede's hut. She stopped infront of the hut as a gold fur ball launched at her.

"you're a youkai now kaa-san??"

"Hai Shippo" She smiled down at the over joyed pup.

"Yay now you can really be my mommy" He squealed and roused the whole village. As the monk and demon exterminator walked out of the hut.

"Lady Kagome? You're a … youkai?" stumbled a very confused Miroku then his face lit up with a lecherous grin.

"I always knew you were special.*Wham*

"HENTAI" Shouted Sango who knocked him unconscious with her boomerang.

"There's something I must discuss with you all" said Kagome in a very gloom tone which got everyone to settle down.

"what's wrong Kagome-sama?"

Kagome fidgeted nervously her eyes full of pain and regret. But she knew what she had to do now.

" I have to leave the group to go search for the Shikon No Tama on my own" she seemed to have wanted to find a dark hole and crawl in it and never come out.

"What?!!!! But…"

They were cut off as Kagome raised one slender hand and said" this is something I must do on my own to prove my own worth as a demon, please set me free and let me be" she pleaded knowing fully well that this is killing her deep inside.

"MOMMA you can't leave me now" Shippo's vision blurred as tears filled his brownish eyes.

"Shippo-chan…would you like to come with me?"

"Really??" his face immediately lit up "ofcourse."

"good my pup now gather our things and we shall take our leave" She said turning away from the group so that they couldn't see her sad and lonely eyes eyeing towards where Inuyasha and Kikyo were and from the smell they weren't going to miss her at all.

Shippo soon came running out of the hut with her things and Kagome showed them her wings and picked shippo up and leapt into the sky with tears of sadness ligering in her eyes. Shouting from a hanyou of her wearabouts could be heard as she sped through the sky into the morning dawn.

………………….That afternoon heading North West……………..

" Momma? Do you know where we are going?" ask Shippo with a slilght yawn. They have been traveling all day from dawn and now it was dusk.

"No my pup….we shall wander and enjoy the time alone until the time comes to hunt down shards again" Said Kagome with a heart warming smile.

Just then a child's scream pierces the air.

"Shippo go and hide I will be back soon" she said as she quickly hid him in some bushes for she feared for her own life and his.

As she raced through the green blurr of trees she unsheathed Jaa Nasara that her father gave her it could call on the elements of her choice into the blade.

In the clearing there stood a bear youkai standing over a small bundle of blonde fur. The bear youkai roar to signal it's death blow. She rushed up without a thought and sliced it right through calling on the power of wind.

" thank you" said a small voice laced with the scent of tears. She looked down to see a baby girl Neko with a pair of small adorable scat ears and pale yellow eyes. Kagome slowly picked her up and cooed her which surprised the lil neko for she was not use to youkai being this nice at all especially since she was a dog and herself was a cat.

"Are you an angel?" asked the lil neko with innocent eyes.

"No, my name's Kagome" Giggled Kagome

"my name's Sora." She said in a very cute voice.

"well Sora where do you live" Sora could only shake her head as silent sobs rocked her small body.

"well why don't you come with me and my pup Shippo he's a bit older." Smiled Kagome knowing that her parents have been killed. Sora looked at her with big watery eyes

"really" as if she was unsure if this was true or not.

"yes" she said gently as she cuddled the young baby neko as she walked through the forest.

"MOMMA!! I was so scared and worried about you!" said the lil kitsune and he launched at her.

"Shippo this is your new lil sister Sora." Shippo and Sora immediately got along.

"Come on it's getting late" Said a worried Kagome.

"I can smell a hot spring near where we can bathe and eat." She immediately raced to the spot carrying the two sleepy little kits. She arrived on the spot it was perfect, it was isolated and safe. She set Shippo and Sora down and began to remove washing supplies and collected her shampoo and new clothes. After several attempts she finally got a sulking kitten in the water.

"Momma What's this?" asked Sora pointing at the Shampoo.

"it's what you wash your hair with and makes it smell good." She explained.

With the bath done Sora looked much better, Kagome dressed the children with new clothes. Sora was wearing a pale pink and yellow kimono that matched her golden hair and eyes. Shippo was wearing an armor like Kouga's except it's black and with pants. In the morning they cleaned up and packed and set on the journey once again with the children riding on a transfored Kagome who no had a fluffy mane thin fox and wolfish face 9 fluffy tails and markings.

A sudden scent assaulted her nose as she ran towards the west suspecting Inuyasha would never look for her there. The scent was……………..