InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Love Will Have Its Way ❯ To Be Remembered ( Chapter 10 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Story recap: Inu-chan showed up, they shared a moment, he didn't remember, she asked if he remembered Kikyo, he remembered som

Story recap: Inu-chan showed up, they shared a moment, he didn't remember, she asked if he remembered Kikyo, he remembered something, but you don't know what yet. So there. ^.^

And then, quite suddenly, she ran into nothing and fell flat on her back with the wind knocked out of her.

Meanwhile, the `nothing' that she had just run into start cursing colorfully, before saying something that caught her attention.

"KAGOME???????"

Kagome's eyes went wide, totally confused. There was nothing there, but something recognized her. Not to mention the thing that she had run into had been very heavy, and had thrown her a couple of feet on impact. But there was nothing there.

"Kagome! Oh my gosh, it's you!" Kagome was sure she was crazy now; she was hearing voices!

So of course, she nearly screamed when an invisible entity started to help her up off her back. She rolled quickly away, but wasn't together enough to actually stand up yet. Instead, she lay in the dust, panting.

"Who's there?"

"You don't recognize me?" came the hurt reply.

"What the hell is going on?!?" Kagome screamed.

Suddenly, and quite to Kagome's fright, another voice entered the strange conversation. It was sweet, and rather high, and it sounded slightly exasperated.

"The spell, sweety. She can't see you."

There came a slapping noise, very like to when someone slaps themselves on the head out of stupidity.

"Of course… what would I do without you?"

A quiet murmur filled the air, and suddenly, right in front of her, about six feet high, and with no apparent source, fire appeared. Blue fire.

Then it died away, and Kagome could only stare in shock at the two figures before her, hardly able to comprehend what had happened.

"Shippo-chan?"

"The one and only!"

Kagome continued to stare at the now-grown kit. Was this really the little Shippo that she had left a couple years ago, sleeping with Kirara?

He was now quite tall, nearly six feet, and had a much larger tail, which was very bushy and the same auburn color of his hair. He wore a pair of jeans and a rather tight shirt, which brought out his well-built form wonderfully, and his blue eyes shimmered with joy and wonder.

Suddenly, he lunged forward and hauled her onto her feet, demonstrating that he still had the same energy from his youth, and heaved her into a tremendous hug, spinning around in circles with joy.

Suddenly, the yokai-girl that was with him spoke up again, her joyful smile vanishing.

"Quiet!" She commanded. She sniffed at the air, and Shippo did too. "Humans are coming! Quick, Shippo, put the spell back up! They're coming fast!"

Shippo started to murmur, and the two started to disappear. Kagome, still in shock, nearly screamed at this. Were they just going to disappear? This was even worse than the others! Shippo at least remembered her (as did this strange girl, although Kagome didn't recognize her)! And he was disappearing!

"No, please! Don't go!"

"We'll still be here - we just can't be seen by mortals." Explained the girl.

"But they're chasing me! At least put the spell on me too!" she said, and Shippo, noting the fear in her scent, immediately started over, and she disappeared with them. It was strange, because she seemed translucent, as did Shippo and the girl, but they assured her that mortals couldn't see her.

As the men came racing in, looking around for a trail, the yokai and human backed quietly into the woods.

Once they were a good ways away, they all sat down to talk, quietly.

"Excuse me if I'm being rude," began Kagome, turning to the yokai girl, "but you seem to know me, yet I have no idea who you are. I'm sorry if it's just me not remembering, but…" she trailed off.

"Oh! Oh, I'm sorry! I wondered why you didn't recognize me, but you weren't there then! Of course, oh, I'm sorry! I'm Shippo's mate, but you were long gone then. It's me, - "

She was cut off as Shippo covered her mouth, looking at Kagome playfully.

"Guess."

Kagome took a close look at the girl. She, too, had a tail, but hers was longer and smoother than Shippo's, and it was blonde with a black tip. She also had ears similar to Inu-yasha's (Kagome gulped with that realization), but they were smaller, and they, too, were tipped with black. Her eyes were a bright red, and seemed to have a ferocious gleam to them if you glanced at them. She so resembled a memory of Kagome's, but she couldn't quite remember. At least, not until she thought about that last night at the campfire…

"…Kirara?" Kagome asked, completely caught off guard by the revelation.

"Wow, you got it!" she exclaimed.

"But… I never… I thought…" Kagome stammered.

"When I hit my puberty years (not long after you left, actually… immense growth spurt, you see), we were really close. I had totally relied on her after you left. It was terrible! And then when Inu-yasha left about a month later… I stayed with Miroku and Sango for a while, but then I just had to wander! Kirara came with me. Over time, I realized how close I was to her. Then we heard a rumor of a powerful witch, who had achieved great fame for a huge alteration spell of some kind. I never did hear what it was… Anyways, we visited, and she understood Kirara's wish, although I didn't. We never could speak to each other, you see."

"I gave up my kitten form in order to have a human one. It cost quite a bit of money for so great a spell, but she pulled it off. I'm really about the same age as Shippo, because different yokai age at different stages." Kirara explained to a severely confused looking Kagome.

"We traveled on, and well… fell in love. And we've been traveling and having fun ever since!" Shippo concluded.

But then, and quite unexpectedly, the happy kitsune's face clouded with a worried expression.

"I just remembered… we… found something near the witch's village as we were leaving… I think you should have it…" Shippo said very solemnly. Kirara, too, seemed to have lost all traces of joy, and had transformed to the picture of suppressed sorrow.

Shippo dug through his small bag, and Kagome realized it must have been kitsune magic that made it seem so small, because he pulled more and more out of it, searching for something. Finally, he found it. With a small rattle of wood, he placed something in Kagome's hands.

"They were his. His scent's still on them…"

Kagome finally broke her gaze away from the couple's face to look at what was in her hands. And gasped.

It was the rosary.

Don't complain about the wait, I don't want to hear it. I've been feeling incredibly not creative, cuz all my ff files got deleted. All of them. So if any of you copied any of my chapters into Word (which I know some people do), if you could send them to me, it'd be great. Ya… thanx.

But at least I did update, ne? *happy* I actually felt creative tonight! And I know exactly how I'm going to end it. But I'm not telling you how! So there!

No disclaimer at the beginning, but do u really think I own them? Sheesh…

I'd respond to reviews, but I'm too tired to go look them up. Sorry.

Review please!