InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Love Will Have Its Way ❯ Fate Will Find Itself ( Chapter 11 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Heh… So, I got you all confused, ne? That's kinda funny. I thought someone would have figured it out. What I'm going to do, that is. If anyone can tell me at the end of the chapter, I will give u special recognition in the next chapter! And a cookie! Ah, well. Here's the next chapter!!!

Btw - Sry I don't do reviewer responses - I don't have time! You'll just have to know that I love u all!!! If u do want me to respond to u, e-mail me instead! I count that as a review!

Disclaimer: give u 3 guesses what goes here….

And on with the show!!!

Love Will Have Its Way

Chapter 11

"They were his. His scent's still on them…"

Kagome finally broke her gaze away from the couple's faces to look at what was in her hands. And gasped.

It was the rosary.

"I… but…" Kagome turned her desperate eyes on Shippo again. "…how?"

"We found it as we left the village where the witch who helped us was. There was a huge burst of miko energy still remaining there, although we could tell it was a few weeks old. We think that the witch who helped us might have…" he trailed off, looking at the ground so as to avoid her tear filled eyes. "We never… we couldn't go back and ask. Not after what she'd done. And besides, it… It hurt too much." He looked up at her again

Even if she was transparent from their invisibility spell, it was a heartbreaking sight. Her hair was dirty and mussed up from all the running and hitting the ground; her legs were bleeding in places where she had hit bushes in the forest, and her cheek had a small, bleeding scratch on it. Finally, Shippo walked over and hugged the girl that he still, even now, nearly 500 years later, viewed as his mother.

Kagome felt like she was choking, and remained rigid in Shippo's grasp. He was dead. This was probably just a vision, a dream - all her friends there, but not remembering her - sent to tell her to get on with her life. This whole day was probably a bad dream. Kagome broke from Shippo's grasp sharply, shaking her head. This has to be a dream…

"This has to be a dream. This can't be real! I want to wake up!" she yelled desperately, having entered a state of hysteria. "I want to wake up and I want to go through the well and I want him to ask why I took so long. Please, please, wake up now… please…" she cried, then fainted unexpectedly from all of the stress. Shippo caught her just before she collapsed and eased her down and into his arms to hold her close. He knew that she was hurting, and maybe holding her the way that Inu-yasha always had when he had been protecting her wouldn't help, but perhaps it would keep her from having real nightmares, and she could get the sleep he could see she really needed. For now.

He turned to Kirara.

"We may have lived for all these years together, but… I think it's only been a little while for her. This must be the world that was on the other side of the well. Or… the world of my youth is now… Poor Kagome."

Kirara nodded her transparent head, half in awe, half in pity for the poor, mentally exhausted girl in her mate's arms.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Where we left Inu-yasha…

"Do you… Do you remember… Kikyo?"

It was almost a whisper, but he heard her. His eyes went wide. How could she have known? Suddenly, her face blended with a scene from his mind. The background changed, but her face, tear stained, yet tear-free, remained as it was. The scene seemed to be at night, because moonlight surrounded her, as well as another glow…

As soon as the vision came, it was gone.

Inu-yasha stared in shock as the girl was lead away, going quietly now. She had gotten very sad after she saw his reaction, but he didn't know why. How on earth could she have known about Kikyo? He'd never told anyone!

Maybe it was just a coincidence. After all, that girl had just been taken away for being crazy. Yeah, that was it. It was chance, nothing important. Nothing to get worked up about.

Unfortunately, that didn't stop it from clouding his head. The fact that he was still lost didn't help either. He was soon quite pissed off and worried, whether he wanted to be or not.

"Argh! Where is the damn classroom?!?" He yelled when he reached the front doors for what appeared to be the fifth time, unaware that every time he had walked by the classroom, he had been in far too much of a daze to realize it.

Finally he decided to give up and go for a walk (outside, for he had already been walking for quite a while) and clear his head, not worrying about finding the classroom. It's not like cutting class was anything new for him, for he was far from a good student, and he could always claim that he had been lost, and ended up in the wrong room unnoticed by the teacher.

The fresh air helped a lot. Well, not really, but he could focus on that girl now that he was away from the school. Of course, he had no idea where he was going, but he just kept walking. He soon found himself in a park. That he didn't recognize. `Well, isn't this great,' he thought. He wandered up to a tree to get out of the rather sudden burst of sun, and sat down to try and clear his head (again - it still wasn't working). He did, however, manage to put himself to sleep, where he was visited by the face of that girl, Kagome. And then, her face merged with that face he knew so well, that he knew by name, and always had-

`Kikyo…'

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Shippo gently shook Kagome awake. She had been sleeping in his arms for two hours now, while he had talked with Kirara. There had been one point where the men who had been chasing Kagome had come through, scaring the two of them to death. Thankfully, they still had the spell up, and the men ran right by. Other than that, nothing had happened while she slept. However, it was almost sunset.

"Kagome… Kagome, we have to go. It's getting late," he whispered quietly in her ear.

Kagome awoke without too much trouble, though she had been surprised at first to see Shippo - until she remembered the day's events. Shippo had sadly watched as her memories, which had been removed for a time by sleep, slowly flooded her brain again. He watched as her eyes went from frightened to realization to a state of depression he could feel radiating off her body.

Kirara broke the heavy silence with a sad voice.

"We're sorry Kagome… we have to leave. Today was our last day in Tokyo. We… Well, actually, we work as travel agents - we find all kinds of good places for people to stay and such by trying them out. And we find trails and things for books. And, well… We're due back in America soon. Our plane leaves tonight. I'm sorry…"

She trailed off as Kagome looked down, and they could smell the tears she was trying to hold back.

"But… but if you leave… what if it's all a dream? What if…"

Shippo broke in.

"It's not a dream, Kagome! We'll write, I promise! That way you'll know! I'll use kitsune messages - you'll like them a lot! And no one but you can read them, so they're really special. I promise, it'll be ok."

Kagome wiped her eyes and nodded. She looked up at Shippo, still a little teary, but better.

"Ok."

He gave her a smile, then came over and gave her a big hug. This time she hugged him back.

"Everything will be ok. I promise."

"You're right Shippo… everything's gonna be ok… I'm gonna go make everything ok now…" she said quietly, wearing the smallest of smiles.

When they broke the embrace, a transparent Kirara, in the full transformed mode that Kagome remembered so well, was ready and waiting for Shippo. Apparently they were going to fly to the airport.

Kagome was rather suddenly surrounded by smoke, which scared her. She stumbled backwards, and fell right out of it. From her place on the ground, she noticed the solid state that her limbs were now in, telling her that she was no longer invisible. She felt a whisper of the wind, and knew that they were gone. Again. And she had no proof that it had happened.

No, that wasn't true. Kagome looked down at the rosary that was still in her hand, a single tear leaking down her cheek. She looked up at the sky again, where somewhere, Shippo and Kirara were flying. Then she left - she had a promise to keep to Shippo.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I think I'll leave it there for now. Sorry folks! I was planning on writing more, but I don't know when I'll get to write more, so I wanted to get this up tonight.

Please be forgiving of mistakes!!! And I'm so sorry for the long wait! OMG, If u could see my hw load, u would understand. I'm sorry! I'm sorry!!!!

Tell me what u think! Was the Shippo/Kirara thing good? Was it disgusting? How `bout the rest of the fic? Please tell me!!!!