InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ March Winds ❯ Chapter 6 ( Chapter 6 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

"March Winds"

by Hentai Jane





CHAPTER 6

I grabbed hold of the thick brown furs, dragging them out of our den and down to the nearby creek. My people use a fatty, lightly scented paste to scrub our fur bedding and clothes, leaving them clean and conditioned.

Several females gave me weird looks as I dunked the two large coverings into the river. Hell, if a little female can wash laundry, then so can I.

I smiled at the ladies, greeting them as I stood bent over, keeping a firm grip on the blankets engulfed in the steadily flowing waters. They giggled and greeted me, often commenting on how their mates would never even dream of helping with such a chore.

My pride hit a high point. Here I am, leader and alpha male, showing what an excellent mate I am to their ungrateful alpha female. I chuckled to myself as I envisioned the other females berating Ayame with their constant praise of me and wishing to be in her place. Surely they'd tell her how lucky she was to have such a loving, charming and caring male such as myself. Yep, I hate to sound conceited, but I am quite a catch.

As I daydreamed about about all the positive things the females would say about me, I lost my footing and landed head first in the rushing stream. In that one moment, I screeched like a human girl, waving my arms around to try and keep myself from losing my balance. Whoever claimed that this action will help keep you upright is full of shit! All I managed to do was look like a big bird flapping its wings!

So here I sit, almost shoulder deep in the stream, soaking wet again surrounded by a group of hysterically laughing females!

I guess I didn't count on those damn furs being so heavy when they're wet; that's what caused me to loose my balance.........................speaking of furs, where the hell did they go.....?

The fast moving stream was carrying away our bedding along with my delusions of grandeur! My bare feet hit against the stony bottom as I chased the furs down stream. My yelps of pains as my feet came in contact with a few very jagged stones, made the females laugh even harder; insensitive bitches! There all as bad as Ayame; sweet one minute and the devil's incarnate the next!!!

Once I managed to catch my runaway laundry, I started backing up on the river bank, pulling it out of the water and over the rocky shore. Apparently, the shore can get pretty damn slick, because I slipped, sending me skidding on my ass, all the way back to the creek!!

I didn't bother standing up, I just sat there watching the crowd of females practically roll on the ground with laughter!

This is just not my fucking day!





^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^

When I finally got out of the damn water long enough to get the two wet and incredibly heavy fur blankets back to our den, I was lucky enough to intercept Ayame just as she was returning from her bath.

She looked at me, standing there panting heavily with the furs draped over my shoulders, they as well as myself dripping wet.

Her eyes kept darting from the furs to me, to the furs, to my wet cloths, back to the furs then to my obviously wet skin and hair.

"I was going to ask what you've been up to.......but I don't think I want to know." she pranced past me, her half dry pig tails swaying behind her.

"You could at least offer me a hand!" I shouted at her.

"Why bother?" she replied, "You seem to like keeping your hands busy," Ayame glanced at the laundry, ".. knock yourself out."

"Grrr..mean bitch..." I growled at her retreating back.

"I heard that." she said, sounding disinterested in my complaint.

"Good, because it's true Ayame!" I slung the furs over a boulder near our den so the blankets would dry in the warm morning sun.

She came out, her armor in place and a dagger strapped to her thigh, "I'll be back when I feel like returning...don't wait up."

"You're not leaving." I told her in a stern 'don't argue with me' voice.

"Says who? Are you going to stop me Kouga?" she arched a delicate eyebrow at me, looking doubtful of my ability to prevent her from leaving.

"Get back in the den Ayame! We have a few things to discuss and you ARE NOT getting out of my sight so you can go wandering around in the woods and get yourself killed!!!!!!!!!" why does it always come to this? I don't want to yell at her or force her to do anything, but she pushes my patience like no one else can!

"NO!! You can't make me stay Kouga!! Just who the fuck-.."

"NOW!" I shouted at her, pointing toward our home.

My teeth were bared, lips pulled back as I growled down at the short female before me. She was about to say something when I growled again, this time making it sound lower, warning her of the possible repercussions should she disobey me.

Her bottom lip quivered, she turned, her pig tails whipping to the side as my disobedient mate stomped into our home.

Ayame plopped down on the floor, crossed her arms and glared at me looking supremely pissed.

"Okay, now that I have your attention, I'm going to tell you again, since you are such a stubborn woman, that you are NOT allowed in the woods, especially alone!!! Understand?!"

I watched as her indignant attitude surfaced, "When will you realize that I'm not that helpless little girl you saved years ago in the forest? I can take care of myself and probably even kick your ass!"

"Don't challenge me Ayame! You WILL stay out of the forest or I will MAKE you keep out!" I shot back. Her challenge was making my instinctual blood rise. I took a few deep breaths, turning away from her to regain my composure. "Now, I was also thinking that since this place looks like a fucking tomb, we could work on adding some life to it....."

"Don't you mean a prison?"

"No more smart ass remarks!" I cut her off before the next verbal jab could be thrown my way, "This is OUR home, yours and mine, and no matter how we feel about each other, we're stuck. End of story. So let's try to do something together, as a team, like real mates should."

"And what exactly do you have in mind?" she asked, crossing her arms.

"We are going to decorate.........together."

Ayame raised her eyebrow, looking at me as thought I lost my last marble. "Did you hit your head or something? Because I could have sworn that you said 'decorate'."

This time, I crossed my arms, narrowing my eyes at her, "Yeah.....so what?" I shrugged.

"Kouga.........how can I put this?..........MALES don't decorate!" She shouted at me, "Males sit on their ass, giving orders and getting in the way, while women do all the work. It's been this way since the dawn of time! Besides, even if it weren't the natural way of each gender, I still wouldn't want to work with you!"

"Too bad, so sad little girl, because we are going to start working on our den right now!" I looked around at the barren space, "So, where should we start?"

Ayame's pretty red lips squeezed into a thin line while her face took on the shade of crimson I affectionately call 'pissed off red'. Awe, she's so cute when she looks all hostile and....

A familiar scent caught my nose before I could finish admiring my woman.

"Oi Kouga!" Came a familiar voice.

I stuck my head out of the den seeing Ginta and Hakkagu standing far below. "We're going for the afternoon hunt. Want to join us?"

"Um....yeah I'll go, be right down!" I answered. Hunting wasn't what I really wanted to do, but as the leader of this pack, I had certain obligations to meet. Bagging a kill once in a while was one of those duties. Mainly, bringing back a big kill showed I was still strong enough to lead my people.

Ayame was sitting with her back against the wall, impatiently tapping her finger against her thigh. "Did you hear Ginta?" I asked her.

"Of course, I'm not hard of hearing ya know."

"Alright, then you know I'll be gone for a little while. During my absence, I want you to sweep this place out and start coming up with ideas about how to fix it up. Whatever furniture or other stuff you want, I'll find a way to get it and we'll decorate our den however you like."

"Great!" Ayame perked up, plastering on a fake smile, "....does that mean I can paint this whole place bright pink?!"

I sighed, wanting nothing more than to just smack the hell out of her. Well, two can play at this game. "Sure mate!" I gave her a wide, dazzling smile, "You can paint this place any color you want, but only on one condition."

Ayame seemed surprised at my sudden change of attitude, "What condition?" she asked.

I knelt closer to her, brushing my nose against hers as she pressed herself further against the wall, "All you have to do is agree to be my sex slave!"

She pushed me away quickly, scooting further against the wall, "Pig!" she shouted, "That'll be a cold day in hell!"

" I was joking Ayame, geez, calm down woman! However, that was something else I wanted to talk about." I knelt down in front of her, lifting her soft chin so our eyes met, "From now on, I promise to keep my hands to myself. Okay? No touching, grabbing, rubbing, nothing."

"Then take your hand off my chin you molester." Ayame gritted out between clinched teeth.

I dropped my hand away from her pretty face, "Fine. I gave you my word and I'll stick to it." A warm breeze blew through the cave entrance, alerting me to a possible meal. I sniffed the air and looked back at my woman, "Remember, clean this place some and I'll be back as soon as possible. Try not to miss me too much." I winked at her, earning a gigantic eye roll from my woman.

"Oh I'll miss you Kouga......." she said dryly, ".............the same way I'd miss having a rash on my ass!"

"Why you little.."

"Kouga hurry up before all the good prey runs off!!" Hakkagu yelled.

"ALRIGHT!!" I shouted back. I growled at Ayame, not that my show of dominance meant anything to her. She yawned and averted her eyes from my pissed off glare.

**********************************************

I met up with my pack members at the base of the mountain. We scented the passing winds and decided to head east where the tantalizing scent of wild turkeys promised us a meal of tender, juicy meat.

We stalked our prey, taking extra precaution to stay silent and still. That's not an easy task when you're hiding in a bunch of tall grass, but our persistence paid off. We sprung out, taking the large birds by complete surprise. Out of the group of ten, we managed to catch eight.

Ginta tied them together with a long piece of rope and headed back to the mountain to drop them off.

After a few more hours, we managed to bring back a large deer and a young pig; plenty to feed my pack for both our lunch and dinner meals.

Having a little quality time with my two closest friends was nice. I missed our adventures together, not to mention Ginta and Hakkagu's childish antics. Being mated and establishing a place for my pack has taken a lot of time, but after looking at my friends and seeing how content they were, I felt relieved. Relief in the sense that I made the best choice for my people.

They told me about some of the cute females in the old northern tribe and all the new places they had explored without me. I wish I could have joined in their fun, but like I said, being a leader is hard work. And being a leader who has the original smart ass mate from hell is even worse!

My old friends made the mistake of asking me about Ayame and how our life was together so far. I couldn't hold back as much as I tired. I wanted to tell them that everything was great, that we had the perfect relationship, but I couldn't.

For almost an hour I ranted about how much she hated me and my own confused, hormone driven feelings. I feel like a failure when it comes to her, and I hate it! Never have I let anyone get to me like Ayame does!

Then Ginta and Hakkagu traded sly glances and said the most absurd thing ever, "Kouga, you are in love!"

Love!? No.............I like her.....sort-of........well, I mean at times she can be nice, although I'm having a hard time recalling such an occasion. Ayame is an attractive, strong, loud mouthed, disobedient woman.............scratch that idea. Love is NOT how I would describe my feelings for her!

As we approached our home, I saw a bunch of dark purple flowers growing in a wild tangle of thick leaves. I plucked a few, thinking that Ayame would enjoy the delicate scent of the flower she was named after. My friends smiled at me, knowing full well what my actions meant, even if I denied it.

To me, giving a woman flowers was a sweet gesture; an endearment of care, not the romantic love their suggestive smiles hinted.

I snorted at them, turning my attention to the surrounding countryside.

We dropped off the larger kill to an eagerly awaiting group in our pack and I headed back to my den to see what my little mate had accomplished.

In the middle of the main room lay our broom. It's simple wooden handle was broke in two and the tan straw was scattered about.

This show of defiance wouldn't go unpunished. I called her name, hearing my deep voice bounce off the cave walls. There was no reply, not that I expected one either. From her faded scent, she probably left the minute I was out of sight. Stubborn bitch!

There was no trace of her anywhere around our mountain home. My mind panicked, going over multiple dark scenarios and deep seated worries of what could happen to an unprotected female with the grey wolves lurking nearby. Dammit, why did she leave when I told her not to?! Okay, so I just answered my own question. That's exactly why she left. It was another way to spite me!

I alerted the other tribe members, telling them to help me find her. We split up in groups of two. Eito was by my side since he knew most of Ayame's hide out's. We searched the forest for her, coming close to the far northern boundaries before we headed to the east, nearing the ocean.

There on the outside of the tree line, on the soft sandy shore, stood Ayame. Her usual white leggings and foot wraps cast aside allowing her bare feet to sink under her lithe form into the giving shoreline. Her back was facing the water, sword held high as she took on a defensive stance, ready at any second to charge her opponent.

The sun light kissed her bronzed skin, making her glow with a soft radiance. Her red hair looked like flames flying behind her as she charged at the tall, muscular male who was sparring with her.

Eito and I watched as Ayame swung at him with the sharp katana. "Who is he?" I asked Eito.

"His name is Nagaharu. He grew up in this tribe and tends to see himself as a 'leader' among the males." Eito snorted in disgust, " Elder has chewed his ass out on more than one occasion because of his domination and sexual advances toward the pack females and of the aggressiveness with the other males."

"That's the same wolf that tried to start some shit at my mating ceremony." I told eito.

"Ya won't see me lookin' shocked Kouga." said Eito, "I was waiting for him to do something, but I didn't expect him to go after Ayame like this."

We watched as my mate gracefully dueled with Nagaharu. She matched his skill, effectively countering each move, but she couldn't match his deviousness.

I stayed still, observing my woman with a certain amount of pride, until he turned sharply, bringing the hilt of his sword hard against her stomach. Ayame fell to the ground, gasping for breath as she clutched her abdomen. "That fucker just stepped over the line!" I growled, "Eito, go back ad tell the pack that we found Ayame. They can call off the search and relax now."

"Are you sure you don't want me to stay Kouga?" Eito asked, glancing at the object of my hatred.

"No, I'll be fine." I watched as Eito sped off toward the northern territories, leaving me to handle this situation. I was already pissed that Nagaharu hit Ayame during their practice fight, but when I saw him mockingly reach down pull her face up my her long bangs, red hot anger flooded my clam blue eyes, turning them a dangerous shade of red.

I tore down the side of the mountain, taking out trees and anything else in my way. My brain was clouded with anger and a deep lust for bloodshed. How dare he touch my mate or treat any warrior so poorly.

Minor injuries were common during sword practice, but everyone knew that it was dishonorable to purposely harm a fellow pack member. To stand around laughing about it and rub defeat into a comrades face was unheard of.

He laughed, mocking Ayame as she struggled to get up. Some of the other males present were defending her, belittling Nagaharu for what he had done.

My feet skidded across the sand, bringing me to quick halt in front of my mate. She looked up at me, her green eyes full of pain and hatred.

"You fucking bastard!!" I shouted at Nagaharu as my fists curled into tight balls, ready to strike. "How dare you hit my mate! Did you stop to think that maybe she could be pregnant?! You should know the rules of sparring, no one is supposed to be purposely injured!"

"She chose to fight me and she lost! And as far as her 'condition' is concerned, I could give a shit less!" he spat at me. "Why don't you take your mangy tribe and unruly bitch and leave these lands little wolf. What my people need is a strong leader; one who is not afraid to go to war with the grey wolves, not a leader that coddles his bitch and kisses the ass of an old fool!"

"The only fool I see around here is you! The grey wolves aren't as dumb as you are! They are planning, taking the time to plot our demise instead of rushing into a battle like you would! Morons like you get tribes whipped out!" I shouted back. "My strength comes from listening to my pack, weighing the consequences of my actions. As far as Ayame is concerned, she is MY mate and I will treat her with love and respect. I know she's hard to take at times, but she is mine and I want no advice from a heartless bastard like you. Now leave. Get the fuck out of my sight!"

I stooped down to help Ayame to her feet when a sharp pain hit the back of my skull, sending me forward, falling against her.

"Don't turn your back on me weakling!" Nagaharu growled.

"Alright bastard, have it your way. Since you want to challenge my authority, let's fight!" I lunged at him, hitting him square in the jaw. Nagaharu pulled one of the oldest tricks in the book; the cheating asshole threw sand in my eyes, causing temporary blindness and a ton of irritation. He got in a few punches before I managed to gather my senses. My ears twitched as I heard the smooth glide of his feet on the dry sand. He was moving toward me, reaching my range of distance right........about..............NOW!

I swung with all my might, hitting him in the chest hard enough that an audible crack could be heard by the onlookers. Most likely, Nagaharu had at least three broken ribs. I rubbed my eyes, clearing away some of the sand .

He spun and kicked me in the shins. His arms reached out to throw a jab at my face, but I was fast enough to duck and land one hard kick to his balls. Nagaharu doubled over, cursing and rolling on the beach.

I called a few warriors over, ordering them to confine Naguharu to his den until his punishment was decided. They took him away as the remaining pack members trailed behind them.

"Why did you interfere?!" Ayame gritted out as she rose to her feet, "I didn't need your help; i was doing fine until you came along and distracted me!"

"If that's what you consider 'fine' then I'd hate to really see you in trouble Ayame! What the hell were you thinking woman? You can't put your life in danger like this. Remember, we mated, what if you're pregnant? With a blow like that you could easily loose our pup."

"I'll be fine Kouga, but I'd be even better if you's leave me alone! I don't need you to defend me!"

"Ayame, I'm going to tell you for the last time: I am the alpha male, I am your mate, I will take care of you and try to make you happy, but there are certain things, like running off ALONE and sparring with lunatics, that I will not allow. The sooner you adhease to my rules the better off you are going to be." I feel so proud of myself! I didn't yell or get frustrated or...

"You will not control me Kouga!" Ayame lunged at me, intent on causing real harm. I dodged her blade, but not quick enough to avoid earning a cut on my arm.

I watched the thin line of blood trickle down my arm, dripping off my fingers as Ayame aimed her katana at me once again.

"Fine, I can see that if I don't beat your ass and treat you like a wild bitch that I'll never earn your respect. Let's do this Ayame." My eyes were trained on her movements. With each graceful step she edged her way to my left, then suddenly charged at me.

Ayame is no match for my speed. I side stepped and came up behind her, forcefully pushing her forward. She stumbled forth, quickly catching her balance before she lashed out at me again.

Her attack was relentless. She swung at me, giving me a few minor wounds along the way. I didn't want to hurt her so I kept our contact minimal. What Ayame needs to see is the strength of her male through restraint, not feral rage.

With the sunlight painting her hair and the delicate gracefulness of her attacks, Ayame looked more like a fire demon than a wolf. I admired her strength and beauty, but this fight was getting old and needed to end soon.

I swept her legs out form under her, knocking her to the soft bed of sand. In the blink of an eye I had my fangs clenched around her frail neck, bearing down hard enough to make deep indentations, but not draw blood.

My deep growl vibrated her tender flesh as my tongue darted out between my teeth to lick at this savory treat.

Ayame thinks I don't understand her, but I do. When a female acts this way, it's because of her own insecurities and fears. As her mate, it is my job to wash those feelings away. With most women you can do nice things for them, and eventually the couple gets used to each other and everything's ok. But not my woman!

My actions show her that I am in control and even thought holding her by the throat seems cruel, it's actually very reassuring.

She now knows that I won't hurt her. Hell, if I wanted to I could easily tear her throat out with one swift bite.

This show of ascendancy will let Ayame know that she has lost to me and the licking of her throat is to give her comfort.

At first, her fear scent spiked to an uncontrollable level, but as we lay together, her hands resting on my armor, she slowly calmed.

I withdrew my fangs and continued to lap at my mates skin in slow, warm caresses. A growl of satisfaction followed by a low whine told her I was sorry.

Her glassy green eyes stared up at me. She lost the look of defiance. Instead I saw her spirit crumble to utter defeat.

PLEASE LEAVE ME A REVIEW!! I'LL LOVE YA FOREVER!!!!!