InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Mates?! ❯ One - Mated ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

DISCLAIMER: I do not own Inuyasha or any of the Inuyasha characters.
 
One
Damn it! This time of the year has never bothered me before. Why this year? What's so special about this year? One hundred and thirty-four years and it chooses now to affect me?
 
I tried to ignore it, but, after third week, I was beginning to struggle.
 
Damn mating season!
 
I wouldn't be able to contain myself much longer but there was nothing I could do. I'm a hanyou, so everyone instinctively hates me. They don't even get to know me. Nope. Just because I'm half human-half demon, they say I'm not `pure.' Well, I say “Screw them!”
 
This mating season thing is getting so bad that my youkai has started to flicker and is now trying to dominate me. I'd have to mate soon or else my youkai would take over completely and I don't know what would happen if it did.
 
But who would want to mate with a pathetic little hanyou? No-one, that's who.
 
Aarrggh! Damn youkai!
 
I collapse to knees and everything goes black as my youkai takes over.
 
****************************************************
Uugh! What the Hell happened? Why is my whole body feel like it's been crushed over and over again?
 
Hold on. Something's not quite right.
 
Is that an arm around my waist?! It better not be an arm. It's probably just a tree branch that's fallen off of a tree. Yeah that's it. Just a tree branch.
 
Who am I kidding?!
 
There's someone lying next to me and, judging by the feel of grass against my skin, we're both naked. The arm rolls off of me and I take this opportunity to roll over and see who the person lying next to me is.
 
Wow! He's gorgeous! The red blanket thing that's covering us just covers his modesty. He had waist-length silver hair and his mouth is parted slightly so that I can see the hint of a fang in his mouth. The dog ears on his head are so cute!
 
I don't know how long I lie there just looking at him, when something sinks in.
 
I jump up in shock, taking the blanket thing with me and also waking up this strange guy next to me.
 
“Huh? What the Hell? Who the fuck are you?!” He says. Charming.
 
“You're a hanyou?!” I whisper loudly in shock. He eyes me warily.
 
“So? Judging by those cat ears on your head, you're one too.”
 
“I know, it's just, I've never seen another hanyou before.”
 
“Mmhmm.” He seems to notice that he is not covered anymore by the blanket thing that I'm currently covering myself with. He blushed bright red before grabbing the nearest thing to him which happens to be a red pair of trousers. He hastily shoves them on before sitting down in front of me.
 
He looks at me strangely, at my neck in particular. He tucks my hair behind my ears and gasps as he stares at my neck. Huh?
 
“What?” I ask. The wind suddenly picks up, rustling the mans hair, moving it out of the way of his neck. I gasp also.
 
There, on his neck, is a mating mark. And, judging by how things turned out, I put it there. I must have one too, judging by the exact same gasp that escaped his mouth.
 
My eyes go wide. “No. No. No. I can't be mated! I can't! This wasn't how I wanted to be mated! I wanted to actually be in love! To actually know the guy!” I look at the man. “No offence.” He shrugs his shoulders.
 
“You think I didn't want to be in love either? Damn youkai side.”
 
“I know the feeling.” He looks at me. Those gorgeous golden eyes looking into my soul. No! I've only just met the guy! Granted, not in the best way, but still! “My youkai side took over and I remember nothing between then and when I woke up this morning.”
 
“Same here. Damn mating season.”
 
“Well, since we are mates now, I think it's only fair that we know each other's name, at the very least.” I stick my hand out. “I'm Kagome.”
 
He shakes it. “Inuyasha.”
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please review!! I will update this as much as I can. But I don't know how often that will be, seeing as how I have major exams in a month.
Please review and I will try to update!