InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Mating Season ❯ Chapter 14

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Author: So… what do you guys think so far? Strange isn't it that Sesshomaru and Jehana got threw the well wasn't it? Anyway, I'm sorry for not updating sooner, but my computer was acting up weird and my Internet was down. I don't own Inu Yasha and Co. They just have their weddings at my place.

Sesshomaru sat on the porch of Inu Yasha's `mate's home. He disliked the smells and sounds around him. Kagome and her family, had forced both him and Inu Yasha out as they started to check on Lura. Dame it! She was his mate! He should be in there with her. Sesshomaru let out a low growled as he saw his half-brother walk over to him. Taking no notice of the threat, Inu Yasha sat down next to his brother, but there was still a good distance between them. They sat in silence.

"Baka!" Inu Yasha spat. "You really know how to screw up don't you?"

"And what is that suppose to mean?" Sesshomaru growled.

"Think stupid and maybe you can figure that out yourself!" Inu Yasha growled back. He whacked his brother in the back of the head, or at lest tried. "She comes from a place where people don't believe in Youkais or hanyous! You scared the hell out of her when you took her!"

"It has been like that for years, whelp," Sesshomaru answered. "What makes this different?"

"Everything!" Inu Yasha growled as he buried his face in his arms. "Lura come from a time where females have a voice as well. They aren't seen as the under dogs, and they can also fight back! Females in this time also have a chose to say yes or no about mating!"

Sesshomaru froze for a second. "You're kidding,"

"BAKA!" A voice yelled. Both of them turned to see Kagome behind them, looking utterly pissed. "You two can really be thick! Now, Inu Yasha, I need you to watch Lura, wail I get some more bandages, and you," She pointed at Sesshomaru. "Need to go back to your own time,"

"What makes you think that I'm…"

"JUST DO IT!" An angry growled sounded. The group turned to see Lura, leaning against the wall. Her chest was heavily bandaged and she appeared to be in tremendous pain. "Just leave! Let me be!"

"Lura you should be resting," Kagome replied as she took a step forward.

"That goes for you too, Kagome," Lura hissed as she bit back the pain in her back. "I just… need to be alone, right now,"

Kagome looked hurt by Lura's orders as the young youkai mother staggered away from them. She had gotten tired of being locked away, or mothered or being told what to do all the time. Too much had happened to her in what felt like one day. Inu Yasha watch Lura climb painfully up in a tree and settle. He waited until Sesshomaru and Kagome were out of sight before approaching the mother to be youkai. She snarled.

"Inu Yasha," She muttered. He looked at her to find her eyes closed, as if she was taking a short nap. "Please just leave me alone,"

"You know," Inu Yasha replied as he hoped up to her. "Kagome told me, that when you have a problem, it's best to share it with a friend. Please don't tell me that you forgot I'm one,"

"Kagome put you this, didn't she?" Lura asked as she opened her eyes slightly. Inu Yasha looked puzzled by her remark. "She told me you're the hard-don't-care-about-others type of guy,"

"Huh? FEH!" Inu Yasha putted in annoyance, making Lura laugh.

"Soon to be a father," She thought. "And still acts like a child,"

"What?" He growled.

"Nothing," She replied with a smile. "Inu Yasha?"

"What?" His voice had softened as he heard the note of importance in her voice.

"Should I stay with him?" He blinked. "Sessho… should I go back with him and stay, or remain here?"

"I don't think I'm the one you should be asking," Inu Yasha replied. "I mean, he is a idiot most of the time, but he's the father to the pup inside. Tell you what… follow your instincts Lura,"

"Hmm," She replied as lay back to rest. She watched him leave. Then pulled out a piece of paper and pencil and worked on a small poem.

I hate to way you make me cry,

I hate when you use force,

I hate fact that you're stronger,

And you see me as a weaker source.

I hate the way you act,

And treat me as a pet,

I hate it when you watch me,

As if I'm in your debt.

I hate everything,

That you have said and done,

With that same old grin,

As if it was all for fun.

I hate the feeling,

Of being your little toy,

As if my only purpose is,

To only bring you joy.

Hate what I feel for you,

Deep inside of me,

So tell me why it is so,

That I long to be with thee.

"Is this love?" She asked out loud, but in a whisper. She looked hard at the paper before putting it away. She needed a place to think, away from Inu Yasha and Kagome and Sessho and the well. She didn't notice her sister standing on the porch, watching her as she left. She turned and looked at Kagome.

"Who is this Sesshomaru guy away?" She demanded. Kagome shrugged.

"He's Inu Yasha's half brother," She replied as she thought on how was she going to tell her own mother about the baby inside her self. "His a lord demon of the western lands,"

"Oh," She replied as she looked at the ice prince. She had a question from him. "Why did he chose my sister?"

Kagome growled. The stupid woman was asking the wrong person. "How would I know? Go ask him!"

"Sounds like you don't like him,"

"He has tried to kill me and Inu Yasha more times them I can remember," Kagome snapped. "Why don't you go and irritated him instead of me?"

"Fine," She replied coldly, and walked towards him. He heard and smelled her coming and if he had dog-ears like Inu Yasha, they would have been flat. "Tell me, why did you pick my sister, sure there were others,"

"Why does it concern you?" He demanded to know.

"She's not smart, she isn't beautiful, and she complains a lot," The female replied. "I want to know what you see in her,"

"Her inner beauty, she way of looking at thing, and the fact that she is different from others," Sesshomaru growled making Ashley back away. "She tried to help me against a creature called a fire wolf, thought I didn't know her and she could have killed herself. She knows how to defend herself and thinks on her feet. That is what I see in her. Her stubbornness thrills me and her rejection to me urges me more to make her mine and accept me. I enjoy breaking her strong spirit and still having her fight back,"

"A mate unlike any other," Inu Yasha replied. He knew it was a fact. That was why he chose Kagome. She was strong, smart, and never willing to make him believe that he was alone. "I think I understand, why now. Man, I never thought I would live to see the day…"

"What day?" Kagome asked as she joined them. Inu Yasha had a huge grin on his face as if he was trying not to brush into laughter.

"That Sesshomaru, the great demon lord of the western lands, hater of all humans, would gain a heart,"

Sesshomaru blinks. "A…heart? What may I ask is that?"

"A heart is what tells you what you feel of others. You said you long Lura, and that's because your hearts tells you that you love her,"

"How sweet," Ashley muttered in sarcasm. "So are you taking her back with you?"

Sesshomaru opened his mouth to replied but stopped. He had inflicted so much pain on to her… should he really force her home? "I don't know. If she chooses to, then yes,"

"Feh!" Ashley muttered and walked away. "It's about time Amy woke up and saw the world how it really is. I thought you were the one to show her, but you're just another idiot!"

"You made the right choice thought," Inu Yasha whispered under his breath so that only his brother could hear him. "You took her by force and she pushed you away, now try and wait for her to come to you. Give her space, and she'll appreciate you more,"

Sessho jumped when he felt a hand on his shoulder. He turned to see Kagome give him a kind smile of approval. "She loves you too, you know. She just doesn't know if she was used or not,"

"What is this?" Sesshomaru thought inside his mind. "I've tried countless times to kill them both and yet they are being kind to me like… Lura was,"

Later that night, Lura still hadn't returned. Kagome kept an eye on both `guests' to make sure that neither of them went looking for her. Ashley had wondered into her sisters room and found the silk necklace. Picking it up, she admired ot. She almost put it on when a clawed hand grasped her arm. Ashley narrowed her eyes and changed into a huge labador dog, about the size of a bear.

"Well, well Amy," She replied in Lura's mind. She starred harder at her sister. "Your mind has changed little sister,"

"Of course, dog breath!" Lura hissed and changed into a huge husky. "I'm more demon then you,"

"A husky?" Ashley questioned. "How pityful of you,"

"Tell mother that I'm leaveing," Lura replied as she picked up the necklace as both of them changed back to their human forms. "My heart belongs to someone else,"

"That demon lord?" Ashley asked as she leaned against the wall. "Didn't he rap you and abuse you?"

"True," Lura replied. "But he loves me for who I am. Anyway, I enjoy teasing him,"

"You're pitiful, Amy,"

"The name is Lura," She replied as a cold wind filled the room. "Next time we met, you'll be calling me, Lura-sama. I am the western demon lord's wife and life mate,"

Ashley growled at the thought, but something inside of her told her that she would never see Amy/Lura again.

Outside, Sesshomaru starred at the stars. He felt so calm and happy with lura and now he truly had screwed up. He jumped as he felt a hand on his shoulder and someone leaning against him.

"You're tense," Lura replied as her golden orbs looked into his. "What is a matter?"

"I have…"

"You're in over your head?" Lura replied quickly, cutting him off. He nodded, though the exserpection was unknown to him. "You got that right, but you know what?"

"No, I don't know,"

"I still love you," She whispered. He starred at her except for she wasn't looking at him. "I fell in love with you when I first met you, strange enough. I'll go back with you if you tell me one thing, and don't lie,"

"All you have to do is ask,"

"Did you take me out of fun or out of true love?"

"Love," He answered and pulled her into a kiss, one that was filled with passion, happiness, and love. It was sadly cut short when the two of them heard a loud cheer behind them. The y turned to see Kagome's family, Kagome, and Inu Yasha cheering on them.

"At lest you know how to make up with females, idiot!" Inu Yasha cheered with a victory smirk as Kagome punched him. "What?"

The four of them returned to the warring age, where Lura and Sesshomaru learned from each other. Lura learn how to be a demon lord mistress and Sesshomaru learned that no matter how cold he could look and act, Lura knew how to melt the ice barrier around his heart.

The End

Author: I'm so sorry for the quick ending! I was so dry of ideas but I how everyone like it. Thank you for your reviews. Inu Yasha and Sesshomaru rule! Thank you!

Kari