InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Mating Season ❯ Kagome's Savior ( Chapter 9 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Welcome back! That last chapter was pretty emotional for Kagome. Now that Kouga is gone and so is Kikyo, things should get easier. Right?

Disclaimer: I DO NOT OWN INUYASHA CHARACTERS AT ALL

Chapter 8 recap:

That's when she feels the weight of Kouga disappear. She is too afraid to open her eyes until she heard a voice, the most comforting voice to ever reach her ears.

"Bastard."

"I-nu-ya-sha?"

"Wolf dead. Mate safe. Mine."

She is nervous at first, seeing her hanyou like this. Full demon form and calling her his mate. But then she notices he takes off his Haori and wraps her up in it. In that moment she knows she's safe and passes out in his arms.

Chapter 9: Kagome's Savior

'It feels like I'm flying. The wind is so strong.' Kagome opens her eyes and notices she is on Inuyasha's back, jumping through the trees. 'Inuyasha. Thankyou.' She wraps her arms tightly around his neck and falls back to sleep.

'Mate happy. Must take somewhere safe.'

..

"They have been gone a long time Sango, are you sure we shouldn't help them?" Shippo is really worried and no one has told him exactly what has happened.

"Yes, They are fine. I know they are." She rests her head on Miroku's shoulder without giving it a second thought and he wraps his arm around her waist.

..

Kagome wakes up shivering, feeling the cold air hit her body. She looks around and sees Inuyasha sitting by the entrance of the small cave they are in. "Inuyasha? Where are we?"

Inuyasha turns around and she sees that he is still in demon form.

"Inu-yasha? Why are you still .. like that?" She pulls Inuyasha's Haori over her to get warmer. When she looks outside the cave, she realizes it's pouring down rain. 'We must have had to find shelter quickly.' Kagome tries to sit up but feels too weak and almost falls over.

Inuyasha rushes over to her and rests her head on his lap. "You okay?" He asks in his demon voice.

"Um, sorta." She looks away and starts to tear up just thinking about the events of the last few hours. Inuyasha notices this and tries to comfort her as best as possible. He wraps his arms around her and kisses her forehead.

'He's being so gentle.' She looked up at his face, into those bright crimson eyes. "Inuyasha, I miss you. can you come back to me? I know you're still in there."

Inuyasha is confused, he feels like he hasn't changed at all. He just looks at her in disbelief and starts to get angry. "Mate does not like me." Out of no where, he flips her over on her back and pins her down. "Mate will like me." He seductively says into her ear. This freaks her out and she has an immediate flash back to when Kouga did that to her.

Flashback:

"This necklace will prevent you from using your powers. You are just an ordinary human now. Tell me, Kagome. Are you ready? Are you ready to know what a real demon feels like?" That's when the wolf, Kagome thought of as her friend, jumps on top of her and pins her hands behind her, making her unable to move at all.

End Flashback

Kagome closes her eyes shut, starts to breath heavily and freaks out. She screems, "Inuyaassha please!"

"Kagome? Kagome! Are you alright?" He let's go of her wrists and looks at her with confusion in his eyes.

She opens her eyes and see's the hanyou she knows and loves. Those amazingly beautiful amber eyes looking down at her. "Inuyasha!" She jumps into his arms and hugs him tight.

He starts to blush because he realizes she is naked in front of him with nothing but his Haori wrapped around her. 'I can barely remember what happened.' "Kagome? What happened? Where are your clothes?"

She gulps and looks away. 'He'll never truly want to be with me after what Kouga did to me.' Realization hit her and her eyes widen as she starts to cry even more.

"Kagome? What's wrong?"

'What if he got me pregnant!?' "Inuyasha, I'm so sorry!" She hugs him even harder.

"Hey, it's okay. Tell me what happened. It's all a blur for me."

"Kouga. He .. he .. he raped me, he said he was making me his and he bit my neck." She pulls her hair back and shows Inuyasha the bite mark.

This flares his anger and his eyes flash red, but only for a moment.

"Then you came and saved me. You killed him and carried me away."

He calms down, knowing Kouga was dead. But he couldn't help but stare at the bite mark on her neck. 'I didn't get to learn everything. What does this mean?' "Kagome, we need to go talk to Myoga about that bite."

"Okay. Can we go to my house first? I need to get some clothes and I want to see my family. A lot has happened since I was there last."

"Sure. I'm coming with you though." 'This is weird. I can still feel my inner demon calling to her as my mate. But the urges I'm having are to protect first, mate later. What about the bite mark? She's mated.. Even if it was against her will. What does it mean now that Kouga is dead? That bite mark is still there...'

..

"SANGO, MIROKU, KIRARA, KAEDE, THEY ARE BACK!! KAGOME AND INUYASHA ARE HERE!!"

They all look in the distance and see Kagome wrapped up in Inuyasha's Haori, resting on his back while he walks up to the village.

"Inuyasha! You're back! And you are back to normal. Is everything okay?" Sango looks at Kagome and notices a sadness that wasn't there before. 'I think I know what happened.' 

Inuyasha lets Kagome down but she doesn't leave his side. She feels much safer being with him. She holds onto him as tightly as she can without even realizing that she is doing it.

"Ay child. What is it ye have around yer neck?" Kaede points to the necklace.

"Oh, it's subduing my powers. I can't use my priestess powers with this on me. Can you do anything about it, Kaede?"

"Aye, follow me."

They all walk into her hut and sit in a circle. Kagome is still holding onto Inuyasha, making sure to stay real close to him.

"Come," Kaede notices Kagome attached to Inuyasha and continues, "alone."

Kagome looks at Inuyasha and doesn't understand why she feels she can't be apart from him. 'I was always fine on my own before. What's going on with me?' She finally lets go of him and walks up to Kaede.

Kaede examines the necklace and frowns. "I see. So it was Kikyo who created these beads of subjugation."

Everyone in the room gasps.

"But I killed her! She couldn't have!"

"She did. These were forged by Kikyo before her death. They were made just for ye, Kagome. I fear she planned this entire thing in order to hurt ye and to prevent Inuyasha from being able to have the mate he truly wants."

Everyone looks at both Inuyasha and Kagome. Inuyasha's eyes flash red and the whole room notices.

Kagome speaks up, "Kaede, what's going on with Inuyasha? Why can't he control his demon side, even with Tetsuaiga?"

That's when Sango remembers and hands the sword over to Inuyasha.

"That is not a question for an old woman like myself, Kagome."

'I'll have to ask Myoga.' "Can you take these beads off of me now?"

Kaede nods and closes her eyes. She uses just a small amount of power and grabs the necklace with both hands. It shadders and all the beads fall to the ground. Kagome starts to radiate a pink glow around her entire body. The whole room just stares in awe. Kagome closes her eyes, looks up, takes a deep breath in and when she opens her eyes back up, the pink glow vanishes and all of her injuries disappear.

"And what the HELL is going on with Kagome?!" Inuyasha practically yells at the old woman.

"Calm down, Inuyasha. Her powers are strong. She cannot control it yet. But she will. Just give it time."

"We have to get going. Thanks so much for your help Kaede." Kagome grabs Inuyasha by the hand and they leave without another word.

"What was that about?" Shippo asks no one in particular.

..

Inuyasha and Kagome are walking to the well very slowly.

"Why are we walking this slow? We could get there so much faster."

"I'm scared."

"Scared? Of what? I'll protect you. I promise."

Kagome smiles and holds onto him even tighter. "I know you will. I don't know what to tell my family and friends and what if .."

"What if what?"

She takes a deep breath and just comes out and says it, "what if I got pregnent? I don't want to have his baby!"

Inuyasha gets red in the face and stops walking. When Kagome turns to look at him, his eyes are crimson red again. She slowly puts her hand on his cheek and looks into his eyes. "Inu-yasha? Look at me."

He turns and looks her in her deep brown eyes. "He hurt you. You will have his pup?"

Kagome is suprised and kind of hurt at the implication. "Inuyasha, we need to talk to Myoga before we decide on anything. Okay? Can you change back?"

"Mate. Mine. Love."

'Love? Is he telling me he loves me? Why now? Why couldn't he tell me when I poured my heart out to him!' Kagome decides to do the one thing she feels is the best thing to do right now. She grabs Inuyasha by the back of the neck and pulls him into a deep kiss.

He is suprised at first but his eyes filled with the color blood fade back to his normal amber pearls. 'Ka-go-me.' He shuts his eyes and leans into the sweet and gentle kiss.

When they pull apart, they just stare deep into each others eyes for a moment.

"Can we go back to my time? I really need a bath."

"Whatever you want."

And they jump into the well, yet again, hand in hand.

Authors Notes: I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Please review and let me know what you think so far!