InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ me of all people.... ❯ Still Not the Peron I thought You To Be ( Chapter 18 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

{::Disclaimer: go read chappy 1 because it won't be here...::}

~~

Me Of All People

~~

***

Chapter: 18- Your Still Not the Person I Thought You Were...

***

CiCi: well then..have ya'll gotten your fill? I had this chappys banked up so I could post them all at the same time since all my `loyal' reviewers have been waiting to long...aren't I nice? Heh heh....

^_^

They drove down a road leading to down town Gainesville. They passed bars and other sorts of hang outs.

Inuyasha made a right hand turn into the valet parking lot. He handed his keys to the guy and walked sango out of the parking lot. Both walked side by side in silence. When they got to the door there was a million people. Inuyasha walked with his confidence flaring, he nodded to the bouncer.

Sango just came up and hide behind him. Inuyasha turned his head. His eyebrows furrowed until he felt a tug on his tight black tee-shirt. He looked down to see Sango hiding. He muffled a laugh and nudged her a little; but she wouldn't budge. "What's up?" inuyasha whispered. Sango pointed to a group of 4 to 5 guys.

Inuyasha snorted. "Don't tell me you're afraid of them?" inuyasha teased. Sango threw him a doubtful look. "No! The one in the middle is my ex." inuyasha raised his eyebrows. "Which reminds me, you wouldn't have a boyfriend would you?" inuyasha asked suspiciously. A nervous look passed Sango's face. "Can we talk about that later?" she said in a small voice.


"Oh god." was the next thing out of inuyasha's mouth. Sango lightly hit him. He however turned to the bouncer. "Yea we're coming." he reached around and pulled at sango's arm. "No! No!" she hissed. "Please inuyasha! He's right-" she stopped struggling when the group of guys spotted her. "Oh no." then she was pulled into the loud noise by inuyasha. Sango could hear the guys saying, "Holy shit! Was that Sango?" or "damn she looked good."

Inuyasha pushed and shoved through the multiple groups of people. Many of the girls that passed by tryed to push them selves on him but were warned off by Sango's warning glare.

They sat in a booth. Sango looking around nervously. "Sango are you that nervous of these punks-"

inuyasha was interrupted by the sharp and noticing presence of the gangster looking group of guys. They failed to acknowledge that inuyasha was even there. One that seemed to be the ring leader bent down to sango's level. "So....sango.."he said silkily. "How have you been doing?" he started to tease her, leaning in then back out. "I was good til' you showed up." Sango snapped.

"Aw...well that's to bad..." he slid his hand up her thigh. She slapped his hand away then did a double take on his face. {::meaning she slapped him more than once::}

inuyasha spoke up. "Will you leave us alone?" he asked solemnly as he slid his hand to her
thigh. Sango was to busy glaring at the boys to realize. But all four of the other guys did realize. The main one clenched his jaw in anger. Before Sango could say anything, inuyasha squeezed her thigh. She snapped her head to him. Just looking at her eyes, inuyasha shivered inwardly. But on the outside he stared down with cold golden hued brown eyes.

Sango swallowed. As if some telepathic reaction, she whipped her head back to the trouble makers, with a smile on her face. "Excuse me boys I've got something to take care of." she grabbed a stunned inuyasha and pulled him out of crowed spots and into a more `secluded' booth.

Sango slammed him down on a red and black curved booth. Then She started moving around the small rectangular table tunning out inuyasha as he rambled on. "Hey what's going on between you and that guy? And-" suddenly Sango straddled him. `So glad I wore my black stretchy jeans tonight.' she thought to herself as she pressed her hips into his. He raised his eyebrows as Sango got her self comfortable on his lap. "Hey are you gonna answer-"

sang came nose to nose with him. "Don't worry about it." she then connected lips with him. In a strong passionate and fast pace kiss. She fisted her hands in his hair while her tongue went to war with his.

At first he was stunned. But he leaned back and pulled Sango with him. Enjoying the kiss she started. He slid his hands down her curved figure. His hands purchased her rear as a good spot and stuck there. Sango's back arched up. Her hands slid down his chest and to his hips. Her lips moved fast as inuyasha moved faster along with her. His hands started sliding up her halter. He brought his hands back down to graze his thumbs over her belly ring.

Sango broke the kiss, but didn't pull away from his face. They stayed there staring into each other's eyes. Sango pressed her lips together. Regret and guilt began to sink into her system.

She pulled back until she was sitting on her heels, still in his lap though. Inuyasha raised his eyebrows. His hands moved to her thighs. "Something wrong, babe?"

sango's eyes narrowed when he said `babe' she hated that. Inuyasha smirked. Sango pouted. "Stop fucking with me." she ordered.

"What is that supposed to mean?"

Sango leaned in close again. She stared hard into his eyes. Inuyasha stared back. His brown eyes cold in curiosity. "Why did you ask me out on a date?" Sango asked all the sudden.

Inuyasha's blank face, turned into a frown face. "Because I like you." he answered awkwardly.

Sango raised an eyebrow. "And how do I know your not just trying to get into my pants?"

"Now why would I do that?" inuyasha asked as he looked at her doubtfully.

"You have before..."

"So?" inuyasha retorted.

"So....why not do it again?" Sango shot back.

"Because I like you."

"Well why!?" Sango said as her pony tail waved from side to side.

"Because your different." he stated as a matter of fact.

"How?"

"Dammit, is that all you do is ask questions?" inuyasha inquired annoyed like.

Sango smirked. "No, I answer them to," she said with a jerk of her head in acknowledgment. "Answer me."

"Oh so your order people too, huh?" inuyasha said sarcastically.

Sango pouted again. Blowing air through her nose. "Well if you would just-" she was cut off with inuyasha's lips smothering hers. He crushed her to him encircling her in his arms. He slowed down his pace until it was short quick little kisses. When he finally stopped Sango had been blown out of her mind. The only guy that had ever done that before was Roberto. She was speechless.

Inuyasha hooked her chin with his index finger. Laying one solitary kiss on her lips he pulled away. "Feeling better now?"

Sango blinked. Inuyasha just chuckled. "Come on..." he pulled her out onto the dance floor.

They danced for what seemed an eternity. Finally the need to sit down over did the need for Sango to keep close to inuyasha. She stumbled over to they're table and sat down. Inuyasha following behind her. Sango's cell immediately went off. She pulled it out of her jacket and checked the caller I.D.. She sighed. "Sorry yasha, gotta take it. It's a friend of mine." she answered the call and almost smiled. "Hey X."

Inuyasha heard a feminine voice and quickly realized `x' was a woman. He shrugged. "Sorry, I'm at a dance club." Sango said into the phone. "OH! No, no, no! I'm with a guy!" Sango said quickly. Hitting Inuyasha's hand softly, and playfully. She stuck her tongue out at him.

"Don't stick your tongue out unless you intend to use it." inuyasha corrected.

Sango made another face a inuyasha. "Uh...I think she's with sesshomaru-kun..." inuyasha gave a questioning glance as Sango mouthed `kagome'. "Eh...they're not all that bad." she said as she smiled at inuyasha. He knew she was talking about him. "Yea!" he shouted over the music. She smiled again as she stuck a little bit of her tongue out again.

He saw Sango pull the phone away from her ear. Some one was obviously yelling. "Uh..." was her response to it. Then her temper flared. "Hey! Now wait just a-" she scowled as she pulled the phone away again. Her mouth dropped as she looked at inuyasha. "She just fucking hung up on me!" inuyasha laughed. Sango shook her head. Pocketing her cell Sango smiled, "ready to eat?" she asked, over the loud music.

Inuyasha raised his eyebrows. "Are you?"

Sango nodded looking for a waiter. "Well then it's time to get going." inuyasha said gaining sango's confused attention. "Huh?"

"Come on. We're going to Samba Room for diner." inuyasha stated.

"Ooooooooooooooooh! I love samba room! Brazilian food is the best!

By the time inuyasha had driven Sango to her apartment, she was totally wiped out.

Sango walked up the steps inuyasha right behind her. She got to the door, unlocked it, and opened the door. She stepped in the door frame and turned to inuyasha. He walked closer to her and grasped her chin. Laying a firm kiss on her lips he parted and stared into her brown eyes.

Sango smirked half heartedly. "Aren't you going to ask if I'm going to let you in?" she said sarcastically. Inuyasha blew a short breath from his nose. Then he smirked. "Not unless you want me in..." he received a narrowed look from Sango. He laughed it off and waved her question aside. Wrapping his arms around her waist he spoke again, "I don't have sex on the first date with girls I like." he reconnected their lips. Sango's hands going to each side of his neck. He broke away. Stealing one more kiss he whispered, "Ciao my belle." with that inuyasha walked away to his car.

Sango shut the door behind her. Slumping against it she chuckled. "God who would have thought I'd fall for that bastard...." she shrugged. She would sleep well tonight. {::who wouldn't::}

***

Kagome waited out side for sesshomaru. Her back against the wall she thought about what he said.

Distrusted him? Why should she trust him? He's a guy with a huge rep for breaking hearts. Especially Ryumi. He left that woman in tears. She snorted. And he expects her to trust him. What in the hell was the matter with him?

Well, the fact was she wasn't about to trust any guy...not after what happened with koga. And plus she still had to make arrangements for sota and she had to visit her mom. She put a hand to her aching head. So many things to do not enough time to get them done.

She had to call all the family to tell them about mom and sota. `Oh god this will be a marathon...'she thought sarcastically. All the crying and weeping. She couldn't take that right now.

***

sesshomaru stood in the door frame. Watching his new assistant. Her emotions were always on her face. First she looked annoyed, then sad, then sarcastic. He smirked. `I can only imagine what she might be thinking...'

He decided to break her train of thought. He walked over and stood beside her. His back to the wall. He nudged her quietly. She jumped approximately three feet. He chuckled quietly.

"What are you thinking about?" he asked gently.

Kagome shrugged. "Nothing I want to talk about...." her voice sounded hurt. Sesshomaru had the odd sensation of wanting to comfort her. He waved it aside but it came rounding back. So this time he slid his arm around her and brought her to him. She didn't show any sign of reluctance.

He slid his arms around her waist and nuzzled his head right beside hers. She curled into him, while still standing. He felt so comforting. So safe. So warm. She just wanted to let go. But she forced herself not to cry for her deceased family members. Well at least not in front of sesshomaru.

He patted her back. "Come on I better take you home...you have college tomorrow right?" kagome nodded `no', her head still against his chest. "Well it's about 8:20 so...is there anything else you need to do?"

"No..." kagome answered quietly.

then sesshomaru thought of something. "Wait... you've been here all day you haven't eaten. Come on I'll take you to eat first then I'll take you home...."

Kagome only shrugged. She moved reluctantly out of his arms. They walked side by side to the elevators. Kagome's expression didn't change. Thinking about her brother and mother didn't help her at all. She leaned against sesshomaru for comfort. He wrapped his arms around her and kissed her forehead. That one little gesture made some of the darkness in kagome brighten up. She nestled more into him as the elevator jerked and rumbled. Finally at the sound of a ding they had reached the first floor. Sesshomaru, with all the reluctance in his being, he let his arms drop but his hand found it's way into kagome's. She didn't yank it away, instead she interlinked their fingers.

Sesshomaru lead her out of the building and out to the parking garage. He then took her to a man in a little office, the size of a cubicle.

His face automatically went stoic and he let go of her hand. She noticed this. She cocked her head to the side wondering why he was like that all of the sudden. `If he can't be affectionate in front of people then why the hell does he want me to trust him?'

"Hey I need the Jaguar." sesshomaru said as he look back at kagome his eyebrows furrowed. He motioned for her to follow him. As soon as they got outside he turned to her. "What's wrong?" concerned filled his voice. Kagome raised a tiered eyebrow.

"What's wrong?" she repeated.

"Uh yea..." for the first time sesshomaru looked uneasy.

Kagome nodded, her high pony tail loosely waving, pressing her lips together, she looked back up at him. "Nothing at all." right when she said that a pearl white S-Type 2003 Jaguar pulled up. She had to force herself not to gawk.

Sesshomaru nodded to the valet as the valet tossed him the keys. He got into the drivers seat while kagome sat down in the passengers seat. The interior of this nice car was absolutely perfect. The cream white leather seats. The mahogany wood surrounded dash board. To the nice little buttons on the radio. Then there was the G.P.S. system. It had all types of the little buttons that kagome was itching to press.

The car moved out of the garage and was soon speeding down the road. Kagome relaxed into the seats. She'd never been so comfortable in her life. Not even her 1999 viper was this comfortable in the seating area.

"Hey can I ask you something?" kagome asked quietly. She had a hard feeling to know what exactly what happened between him and Ryumi.

***

CiCi: you know what?! I just bought some inuyasha manga right? Well it turns out the artist is named Rumiko "takahashi"!!!! I didn't know that! I knew her first name but not last! So now Sango has the same damn last name as the friggin artist! Oooooooooooooh I'm so pissed!

***

sesshomaru frowned at her. "Yea sure..."

Kagome took in a deep breath. She forced herself to ask him. So she blurted it out. "What exactly happened between you and Ryumi?" she bit her lip and hoped he wasn't offended.

Sesshomaru almost ran off another car. He looked at kagome. She looked like she didn't mean any harm. Like a little puppy who got spanked for all the wrong reasons.

Sesshomaru was quiet for quite some time. He looked straight ahead of him. Wondering if he should tell her or not. Nobody knew about his pride and joy that was currently 4'9 and 7 years old. He was 19 when Ryumi had her. Ryoku was unexpected. But he loved her even more.

"Ah to hell with it," sesshomaru did a U turn and went way over the speed limit. Kagome grabbed the nearest thing to her. Which just happened to be sesshomaru's really strong arm. Kagome blushed when he slowed to stop in-front of iron gates that automatically opened for his presence. He saw the two black Labrador's galumphing around in the back yard. Kagome how ever, noticed the yard first then the huge ass mansion that just happened to be stationed in the middle.

The yard was fantastic. Even in the dark she could see the warmth of the flowers. The grass was cut perfectly and the flowers groomed to perfection.

Sesshomaru nudged her to the awake world as kagome shook her head. They both walked side by side up to the ivory white door. She looked down and the stone she was standing on was even shining in the dark. The Ivory white door she passed as she followed him in was even made perfect of stone.

Sesshomaru stopped in his tracks. And waited. Kagome looked at him strangely. He set his bag of stuff down loudly. And motion for kagome to be quiet. A true smile graced his lips as they both heard a childish giggle and a small thumping coming from up stairs. Sesshomaru could hear his butler, Jaken, yelling after her. He chuckled. Then held up a hand. It went from 5, 4, 3, 2, 1. Then a small child around 7 came sliding on the tile to greet her father.

She ran towards him. Her ebony/brown hair flaring wildly. She had gotten blonde highlights the same color of her fathers hair. She ran right at him with no intention of stopping. Kagome didn't realize that this was his daughter at least not yet.

Sesshomaru picked the little bundle up of the tile floor and swung her around. The child yelled happily. "Otousan! Your back so late!" she giggled when sesshomaru stationed her on his hip. She immediately began working on his hair. Messing it up then fixing it again. She giggled.

He turned to kagome and shrugged. "Kagome this is Ryoku my daughter, Ryoko this is kagome she's my new-"

"Ooooooooooooooooooooooh! Are you gonna be my new okaasan?!!!" she shouted with glee.

Kagome blinked owlishly. `What did she just say? Okaasan? Me? An okaasan?' kagome looked at the little kid uneasy. And unsure of what to say. Sesshomaru to say the least was shocked. He didn't know wether to scold her or to hush her and make her goto bed. So he choose the later.

"Uh...hem...Ryoku I think it's time for bed..." sesshomaru trailed off.

Jaken came running down the stairs. His brown hair flopping from side to side. His over polished shoes squeaked on the tile flooring. He was attired as the usual butler. Tuxedo and all.

He looked at kagome. Her features told him she wasn't exactly an upper class person. He scrunched his nose up in disgust. But never the less he walked silently over to sesshomaru. Silently offering to take her to bed. Sesshomaru handed the child over.

With a brief but sharp order in a language kagome couldn't quite grasp. She thought it to be welsh. But just the tone of it made her shiver. With that order jaken hurried off with the child ranting and spouting off about things not even similar, to the just now event.

Sesshomaru starred after the pair. Shaking his head he blew out a big breath. He turned to kagome. "Hey I'm really sorry about that- and why are you looking at me like that?" sesshomaru noticed kagome's pointed curiosity look.

Kagome shrugged cutely and grinned. "No reason..." she started to walk in the direction of what she thought was the kitchen.

Sesshomaru chuckled skeptically. "Why were you looking at me that way? And where exactly do you think your going?"

Kagome grinned at him over her shoulder. "Kitchen." sesshomaru raised an eyebrow.

"What do you mean `kitchen'?do you even know where it is?" sesshomaru said as he caught up with her.

Kagome pushed open a swinging door, sesshomaru coming in right behind her. The kitchen was sparkling. The black marble counters shined, ready to be used. The cabinets shined with polish. All of his appliances were chrome. His stove was a master chief exquisite.

Sesshomaru stared at her weirdly. "Have you been stalking me? Did you get the floor plans er some thing?"

Kagome laughed and shook her head. "Nope. If I'm lost in a house it's like an automatic reaction I literally float to the kitchen like a magnet."

Sesshomaru nodded as kagome looked around.

Kagome nodded. "Good....just what I need." she smiled as she went to work finding all the pans and ingredients she would need.

This time kikyo yelled back. "Well it wasn't my fault!" she screamed.

Naraku never looked so mad. His hair was now slicked back and in a low pony tail. But his eyes...his eyes were on fire.

"How could you let him see you?!! AND! To top it off you literally tried to sell youself to him! And his assistant bitch saw you!" naraku bellowed. Kikyo started to cry. "I'm really s-s-sorry naraku... but...but..." she wailed.

naraku sighed. Damn! He'd already made her cry. Then he noticed one of her acrylic nails had broken off. He yanked out one of his platinum cards and through it at her. "Go get your nails fixed or what ever.." `Fucking bitch...she's costing me to much...I should just kill her..but she's my only lead to that whelp sesshomaru. That is until I find out who this assistant is... then after I'm done with him; I'll go ahead and for that wench Kagome...she will be mine...'

kikyo walked with her head down. She shut the door behind her. And walked out of the building. As soon as she was out of camera shot she lifted her head to show a devil smirk. "Yes!" she punched a fist in the air. She jumped into her box Porsche. And sped off to Deyang nails. Soon she would head off to the mall for shopping. {::I hate Porsche that's why I gave kikyo one...naraku too...haha::}

Kagome had everything she needed. She had spices, cheese, cooking oil, and the chicken. Now she was shuffling around for a pan or a wok. Sesshomaru watched in amazement.

"What are you going to do?" sesshomaru asked in quiet wonder. He could think of a few short ways to get her out of those tight fitting pants. In fact he could think of a lot of things he'd like to do to her if he let his mind wander enough. But instead he kept his mind focused, and his dirty mind locked away...for the moment.

Kagome turned around to look at him. "About to cook," she looked at all the things around her. "Uh duh." she laughed.

Sesshomaru's brows furrowed. "I know that, I meant what are you cooking..."

Kagome nodded. She bent over to opened a bottom cabinet. Giving sesshomaru a good view with out realizing it. She snapped back up. Frustrated. Sesshomaru just raised his eyebrows innocently. Kagome growled at herself.

"You gonna answer me?" sesshomaru asked yet another question.

Kagome spared him an annoyed glance. He chuckled and came around the counter. He wrapped his arms around her waist. Kissing her neck lightly he asked, "what is it you're trying to find? Maybe I can help. It is my kitchen you know..." he laughed lightly when kagome just growled in response. "I'm looking for a pan thank you very much..." sesshomaru smirked and went over to a corner cabinet, but not only a corner cabinet; it was the only one kagome hadn't checked. He then pulled out a big frying pan.

Kagome just scowled for a minute. Shrugged then took the pan and set the stove. After setting the ingredients in the pan and making sure she had everything right. She turned and cocked her head to the side looking at sesshomaru. He turned his head and raised an eyebrow. A smile bloomed on her face. She walked over swaying her hips. She then jumped up and sat her self on the counter top in-front of him.

Pulling him by the collar of his shirt she pressed her lips to his. At first lightly. Then added more rhythm to it. Sesshomaru leaned her down more, hungry for her. The timer on the stove beeped. Kagome was the one who stopped them. She looked a bit breathless. She tapped her index finger at his chest. His chest rising up and down. Yet he was still hungry for those luscious tasty lips. "Hold that thought..." she said as she went sliding past sesshomaru to the stove.

She shuffled some chopped mushrooms, green onions, peppers, and tomatoes into the pan with the chicken. Setting it for new temperature and time she then left it alone again. She walked back over to an awaiting sesshomaru. She smiled up at him. "Now...where were we..." with no time wasted they were in another lip lock. But before sesshomaru's tongue could even enter kagome's mouth the phone started to ring. They both broke away at the same time. Sesshomaru looking very irritated. Kagome smiled seemingly embarrassed. Sesshomaru traced his finger down her jaw. "I'll be right back..." he pecked her on the mouth then moved out of the kitchen. Kagome waited until he was out of the kitchen, then smiled while shaking her head. `Can't believe I'm allowing myself , me, kagome higurashi to fall for him, sesshomaru jaosaki.'

she shook her head sadly. To her it wasn't even a smart match. Not like Sango and inuyasha. Kagome didn't have much money. Well at least not like Sango and the corporation owners. Sesshomaru was in charge of helping government officials with the health department. Inuyasha and miroku were in charge of helping with war fare. In other words sesshomaru helped fund hospitals and researchers for antidotes and anti-toxins. Inuyasha and miroku were stuck with designing weapons and pitching in for them. But all these things the men got paid for so it wasn't exactly a bad thing after all.

Sesshomaru walked the short walk into his office. Sighing to himself he picked up his ringing phone.

"Moshi Moshi Jaosaki here." he said in an emotionless tone.

"Sesshomaru." a female's voice met his ears. That silky bored tone, that was to good for the rest of the world. The horrible voice of the woman who beat his child.

"Ryumi what do you want?" sesshomaru clenched his jaw. He was restraining all his anger. He didn't want to go off now. Not while kagome was here. When he was alone. When both were at school then he'd go into his own dojo and let his anger out.

Her voice laughed carelessly. She spoke again. "Oh sesshomaru...what would ever give you that intention?" she was trying to sound innocent and sweet. `Fuck her...' was sesshomaru's only thought. "I heard you're `involved' with some one..." she said nonchalantly.

"And you care why?"

"It's her status I'm concerned about..." sesshomaru could just hear Ryumi's pursed lips. It made him sick.

"I'm not `involved' with any one ryumi. And you wouldn't care any way." sesshomaru said with as much malice as he could.

She laughed again. It wasn't a real laugh. It was a snobby, fake laugh. "I frankly don't give a damn you date. Or just have a one night stand. But I do give a damn when you lie to me."

"Oh really? Wow. You actually can see past your own nose." sesshomaru retorted. He was still emotionless.

Her voice started to raise. "Don't get sarcastic with me! I know you were practically pushing yourself on your `new' assistant, or should I say new `whore'"

"And what the hell is that supposed to mean? Listen ryumi, and listen good, just because I've found some one better doesn't mean every one needs to know about it."

"Found some one better?!" she laughed. "Better than who? Me? Oh please! That trash wouldn't be fit for our world, and you know it!"

"Don't think to much you might hurt your self. Not that I wouldn't mind. Load off my life." sesshomaru commented.

"Sesshomaru, I seriously don't know why you even have an interest in her. I mean look at her. She's trash. She has no influential back round. Her life is a living hell hole and she's going to drag you into it! That's all I'm concerned about here!"

"You're a shitty liar you know that? You forget I know you. Your just jealous that Ryoku might love her like a daughter should love a mother. And yes, damn! I'm showing my interest in her which is none of your business by the way, she's a better person than you are. And if I find out your going to try to hurt her, I will, personally, give you hell." with that he hung up.

He found his way back to the kitchen, where kagome was loading some chicken Marsala onto a ceramic plate. He came up beside her and wrapped an arm around her shoulders. He took a big whiff of the food in front of him. "Mm-mm. This smells good, baby-doll." she smiled as he pecked her temple. His anger from the earlier event was brushed aside.

She picked up the two plates and started towards the living room. Sesshomaru coming shortly behind her. They both sat down on the cobalt velvet couch. Sesshomaru took the first bite. It literally made his mouth water for more. Kagome bit into the chicken next her reaction was somewhat the same.

"This is what I call really good Italian food..." sesshomaru commented. But before he took another bite he turned to kagome. Kagome turning to him at the same time to ask what he thought when the next thing she knew, Sesshomaru had cupped her cheek and brought her lips to his.

***