InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Meant to Be ❯ The Worse is Yet to Come ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: Haven't we been through this before? If I had something worth anything I would not be writing this story.

The Worst is Yet to Come

Kagome felt her heart clench. She knew something was not right when InuYasha didn't answer his phone. He always answered when she called. Kagome began to worry.

She got a sudden chill up her back. Someone or something was in the apaartment with her. Kagome hung up the phone and grabbed the nearest, heaviest thing she could to defend herself. She got up and eased herself around the bed and out the door. She sighed when she entered the livingroom to find nothing there. She had just turned to face the kitchen and saw something red staining the floor.

Instinct told her to run, but she was never one to listen to instinct which is how she met InuYasha. She rounded the small island in her kitchen to find her cat, Buyo. She gasped and backup nearly tripping over something. She looked down to see it was the slaughtered cat's head. She screamed and jumpped.

She winced when something pierced her side. Kagome looked down and saw blood seep through her pajama top. She turned around to see what she ran in to.

Her mouth feel open when she saw the girl standing there holding a knife dipping with what she knew was her blood. The girl looked strikingly like her. She was slightly taller and her eyes were a deep brown in contrast to her stormy liquid blue eyes. She looked closer and recognized the girl immediately, to be Hojo' younger sister. She vaguely remembered the girl going under the knife some time ago but she didn't know for what at the time. But looking in to the girls face now, she new. She obviously had wanted a new face and that new face had already belonged to someone. Her to be exact.

Kikyo glared at the girl. She slashed out again with the knife catching the startled girl in the arm causing her to drop the lamp she held in her fist. "Whats the matter? I'm disappointed Kagome, your not usually so sefl absorbed. Where the compliment you always pay me? Don't you like my new look? It cost me a fortune."

"You look like me." Kagome said for a lack of a better phase.

She smiled sadistically, "Yes. It's like looking into a mirror, isn't it my dear?" She waved the knife recklessly in front of her. "I mean of course you look more like the really thing. Well just have to take care of that now won't we?"

Kagome shook her head trying to ignore the pain that raced through her. "But why Kikyo? If you were going in for plastic surgery why did you chose my face. You could have looked like anyone you wanted. Why did you choose me?" But she knew before the girl in front of her opened her mouth to speak. "You want InuYasha that bad?"

"Yes. And I would have had him if my inept brother knew anything about romancing a girl. The loser. He couldn't even charm you into his bed, and because of his mistakes I lost InuYasha to you," she spat with disgust. "But that all right now. I will get him now. I'm half way there already. I mean I have your face," Kikyo reached behind her and picked up something off the counter. "Your identity and with you dead I get InuYasha."

"Kikyo, do you really think it's that easy. You can't get away with this. Think it through before you do anything that you'll regret. You won't be fooling anyone but yourself."

Kikyo lashed out with the knife again catching her cheek, she smiled with satisfaction as she watched the blood seep from the wound and roll sluggishly down her face. "If stealing your identity doesn't work. InuYasha will still need a shoulder to cry on for his lost love and who better to do that than his love's lookalike?"

Kagome back up, willing the pain away. If she didn't do something soon, Kikyo would kill her. She had to find away out of the apartment.

Kikyo stalked forward after the frightened girl. As she made a swipe at Kagome's chest, the girl reached out and tried to grab the knife. Kikyo watched with satisfaction as the blood now ran down Kagomes arm from the gash across her palm. Kikyo advanced again.

This time Kagome was ready for her. She grabbed the girl's wrist and flipped her over her head.

Kikyo was not expecting the girl to fight back, so she was briefly catch off guard when she found herself being flipped in the air. She quickly switched the hand that held the knife and struck out before she hit the ground. She got a shiver of excitement as she felt the knife slice through flesh.

Kagome sputtered as she felt an abundanceof pain filter through her. She looked down to see the tip of the knife protruding through her lower abdomen. She felt something slid from her mouth to her chin, reaching up she wiped it away to find that it was blood. Turning she looked into Kikyo's eyes, where she saw triumph flash before she slipped away, into the sea of darkness.

One chapter to go...So stay tuned for the last and final chapter...Maybe It's Not a Dream After All

Signing off,

Not_Signed_In