InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Meant to Be ❯ Chapter 2

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Jinx: *giggle* chapter 1

Cindy: *sigh*

Jinx: what?!

Cindy: *sigh* nothing

Chapter 2

Inuyasha was currently sitting with his back against his favorite tree looking at the sunset. He was thinking back to the last few days on the argument that he had with his father. It seemed lately that they were having more and more of these type arguments. His father just couldn't see his point of view on the matter. He stared remembering the argument of a few days ago. (Jinx: you mean to tell me that Inuyasha had and argument *stares wide eyed* I would have never thought that a person like him would argue…. Cindy: cut the sarcasm)

Flashback (Jinx: that's a funny word……..flash *giggle*)

"How can you side with those invaders? Can't you see what they are doing to the fucking land? They are tearing down the forest to build their fucking houses or farms. They just can't come here and claim the land as if were a thing". Inuyasha's father sat there looking at his son and with a sigh he answered, "We can learn to live with them and not have to hurt them in anyway. They have the right to build their houses as we do". Inuyasha seemed livid, "If we fucking let them come and claim the land we will have no where to go. What would become of the tribe? You know we can beat them, so why are you fucking sticking up for them?" "I am not sticking up for them, what I am simply saying is that you must learn use your head instead of your temper when dealing in these situations. We have concealment spells that will hide our most precious possessions and" he was cut off by Inuyasha's run away mouth, "what, are you fucking afraid that we" "INUYASHA!!!" Inutaisho said in a deadly voice that told Inuyasha that he had over stepped his boundaries with his father, he was really in for it now.

"You forget your place here. I am the one in charge and I say what is to be done with the invaders, not you" said Inutaisho angrily. "You must learn how to control that temper of yours if you are to lead one day and you must learn some responsibility". Inuyasha answered, "Since when did this turn into a lecture about my responsibility?" Inutaisho was tried of dealing with his son so "I will be gone for a couple of day's you will be in charge until I return. Then we can move the tribe to the winter location. You are dismissed." With that Inuyasha turned on his heels and stomped out of the tepee with a loud "Feh!!" being heard as he left. He bounded into the forest trees to think.

End of flashback (Jinx: *pout* it ended)

So this is where he currently was looking at the sunset, which always made him calm. He always hated the sunrise, for the reason that it looked so evil; no one should be up during that time of the morning, so he never liked it.

Just then another scent came to his nose. As he rolled his eyes and stared again at the sunset he yelled, "Go away Kikyo I don't want to talk". "But I didn't say anything" came the cool remark of the medicine woman. "You seemed to be upset yesterday when you left I came to see if there is anything I could do". "I don't need your fucking help wench!!!" said Inuyasha angrily; he so wanted to be alone right now. "Don't talk to me in that tone of voice Inuyasha" she said coldly back. He winced and then jumped from the tree he was currently sitting in and embraced Kikyo. She quickly pulled away from the embrace and stared directly into his amber eyes waiting for him to speak. (Jinx: I'm going to rip her head off! Cindy: you do know she's not real right? Jinx: that's not the point!)

"It's just father, we….. Got into….. An argument… over the invaders, He doesn't want to do anything about it. He thinks that making peace with them will be the best solution to the problem." She continued to look into his eyes when she replied "All you need to do is to convince him before it's too late. I trust that you can handle that." Missing the sarcasm in Kikyo's voice he tried pulling her into another embrace but she pulled away from him before he had the chance. "You need to get back to the village and I need to go and collect some more herbs before we leave". He made a deep sigh, he new she was right; he had other responsibilities to tend to now that his father was gone.

So he turned towards the village and stared walking back, then he turned around to look at Kikyo as she bent down digging a root out of the ground, her ebony hair hanging loosely behind her as it shined in the moon light. He was in love with her but she always so cold and never wanted him to touch her, he just couldn't understand what was wrong with her or why she felt that way. So he turned around and headed for the village.

Mean while with Kikyo, `all he needs to do is convince the old man to attack the invaders, that's all I need him for. I can't stand for him to touch me. That stinky filthy half-breed he is only a half demon, he is beneath me. I just need to keep him around long enough for my plan to work then I'll kill him' she smiled with an evil grin on her face as she went around searching for more herbs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~

Meanwhile 20 miles away Inutaisho strode around looking angry. He thought that he had passed that rock not 20 minutes ago. He took a deep breath and sighed then sat down. Sooner or later she will find him. So he just decided to wait for her there. It was a good a place as any. About 5 minutes later a new scent reached his nose and there stood the person he was looking for. "Kaede, I have been looking for you! Where have you been?" "I have always been here," replied the old lady. "But, oh never mind" he said exasperated. "Come Inutaisho I will make ye some tea and then we can talk". With that he followed the old woman into a small but comfortable house, `wait a minute this wasn't here before when I passed by here a few minutes ago' he thought then shrugged it off. He sat down in a comfortable chair and waited for her to get done making the tea before they spoke. "So Inutaisho, I believe ye wanted to talk about your son, yes?" he took a deep breath and replied "yes Kaede, I'm afraid that Inuyasha temper is going to get the better of him, he must learn responsibility if he is to become chief one day. The only person these days that can calm him down during one of these fits is Kikyo". (Jinx: *sigh* I love Inuyasha's father *giggle*)

Kaede thought for a moment before answering "Is she not the medicine woman ye have in your tribe?" she asked. "Yes, but I don't fully trust her. She doesn't seem to show any interest in my son and he is too pig headed to see it for himself". "Well then if ye do not trust her why haven't ye banished her from the tribe?" she asked "Even I can not deny my people the help that she gives to them. We need a medicine woman and she fulfills that roll. But as soon as I find another she will be gone." He said in a dangerous tone of voice. "Oh, I see, well then the only way that ye son will learn any responsibility is when he finds his true mate." "True mate, I don't understand," said Inutaisho. "Inuyasha's true mate will be here shortly, don't underestimate her, for she is powerful. More than she realizes. Inuyasha will learn through her what it is to really love and sacrifice. She will help him though most of difficult times in his life and will stand by him." "But how will I know she is the one?" he asked "When ye see her ye will know for she dresses like no other in this time" said Kaede.

If Inutaisho thought he was confused before then he was even more confused now. But Kaede continued any way. "When ye get back to your tribe ye will find that Inuyasha has already found her and protected her. He must be made to care for the girl until she comes into her full power. That will never happen until she falls in love with him and pledges to protect him and the tribe." With that Inutaisho stood to leave. He thanked the old woman and bowed deeply. "Thank you Kaede, you have given me hope, for my son. Once he finds her I can make him protect her because if he touches her he must be responsible for her safety and welfare." With an evil grin on his face he turned on his heel and left Kaede home. After a few minutes of walking he turned around to see if he could see the house but it was gone. `How the fuck did that house disappear?' with a shrug he turned and started back toward his tribe.

~*~*~*~*~*~*

Jinx: AH HA! Found it!

Cindy: what'd you find?

Jinx: I don't know, but I found something *fiddles with box*

Cindy: I don't know you *walks away*

Jinx: Cindy? *walks toward Cindy* what did you mean by that?

Cindy: *walks away*

Jinx: why won't you answer me? *walks after Cindy*

Hoped you liked this 1st chapter there are more to come. Please review and let me and Jinx know how you like it.