InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Meant to Be ❯ Chapter 27

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

I wanted to thank everyone that reviewed my story to:

W_J, Lilxneko, Marital78, Darkangel69, and Silver Wolf Kitsune guys I appreciate the words of encouragement you gave me while I was posting this story. I'm glad that you liked it.

But my hat goes off to my loyal reviewers who have continued to review and give me courage to write another one that is almost done. You guys rock!!

Vicious Vamp, InuYashaLoveLorn, Ash, and Silver Wolf Kitsune. You guys were great thanks for taking the time to review. You don't know what that meant to me.

And a special thanks to Jinx for without her I would have never posted this story in the first place. I had originally written it for her but she bullied me into posting it so you guys could read it.

To the rest of you who didn't review well I hoped you enjoyed it anyway even though you didn't care to tell me about it. Thanks again for reading my fic! Now on with the last chapter!

Jinx: we are back for the last chapter like we said we would be!!!!

Mike: yeah but that doesn't mean we still have anything to say?

Cindy: *hits mike in back of head* they weren't supposed to know that!

Jinx and Cindy: *walks away grumbling*

Mike: WHAT?!

Chapter 27

Kagome and Inuyasha lived in peace for a few years raising their family and living in the land of the protectors but the peace would not last long. Tension was starting to build between the invaders and the Indian's. As more invaders came to claim the land that had belonged to the Indians ancestors they had begun to destroy it by not giving back what they had taken. They killed the buffalo until they were almost extinct the only ones left were the herds that were currently in the protector's land far from their reach. The wild life started to go as the land was striped of its trees, clean water, and life.

Slowly the Indians started to retreat to the base of the mountain of the protectors. Though many had fought the invaders and have won many others were killed in the process. Soon the soldiers came and the tension increased. Inuyasha fought to protect the land and his pack. Kagome in an effort to stop the fighting had put a barrier that surrounded the mountains and the land around it. The soldiers tried to break in but couldn't, the barrier held and soon they had to make peace and settle that the land beyond their reach was sacred land to the Indians and they were not about to give it up.

Inuyasha and Kagome had come down from the mountains to sign the treaty, the soldiers tried to take them captive but failed as they paid with their lives. War broke out as both sides battled for the land that was being ravaged by the invaders. Many died in the war that followed and in order to save what was left both sides had to agree to peace. This time it was the government that had stepped in. Kagome knowing what was to come in the future brokered a deal that would keep their tribe save and with the most of the primed lands for the future. They were treated with respect as they approached to sign the treaty. The government had no wish for the fighting to continue. So once the treaty was signed both sides retreated to the safety of their land. (Jinx: oh and by the way *giggle* if any one was wondering? The tattoos on my wrist are as follows…….. Mike: *falls of bed laughing* Cindy: in Japanese on Jinx's wrist she has on her left wrist "one's left hand" and on her right wrist she has "one's right hand" now to why Mike finds this so funny?...*looks at mike rolling around on floor laughing* we haven't got a clue? *shrugs*)

The centuries passed and Miroku and Sango had longed died, their children lived and thrived. They were the one's that had settled at the base of the mountain to protect it from prying eyes along with Sesshomaru and Jinx. They had moved their tribe there and lived in peace.

They saw the changes in the land as more and more humans settled and built their homes. They saw the farmland grow and thrive as they put back into the land what they took. In this way the humans survived where so many had died. The year's progressed and the lands continue to change. Inuyasha and Kagome would occasionally come down from the mountain to look at progress as it happen. They would walk among the humans unknown to them that they were hanyou's. Kagome's power had grown through the years she could cast a concealment spell that made her and Inuyasha look human whenever they traveled.

As the year 2004 approached Kagome was starting to get excited. She knew that the day of the revealing ceremony was coming and that she would get to see her mother again. Inuyasha was happy for her because she would get to see her family again after so many years. But she knew she had to stay away until she had gone down the well that had brought her to the land where she had learned so much and loved. Her children were making their way back to the mountain for the reunion. You see Kagome created the revealing ceremony long ago with Inuyasha as a way of bring their children back and revealing their new children to their grand parents. But as time progressed forward the spell of story telling had changed the meaning of the ceremony to protect it. Only the people that lived in the village at the base of the mountain knew of its true meaning.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Kagome's mother was sitting in her father's house crying they had searched the forest for hours looking for her daughter but had found no trace of her. The villagers had left and agreed to continue to search for Kagome in the morning. It was getting dark and no one was safe in the forest after dark. Her father had come to comfort his daughter in an effort to still her. He told her that she had to get ready for the revealing ceremony because it was going to start in a few hours at the base of the mountain. She looked at her father with utter disbelief. `How could he think that I could even go to the revealing ceremony when my daughter is out there in the forest alone and might even be hurt?' He saw her expression but she was not going to win. "Daughter it is about time that you found out about the true meaning of the revealing ceremony. You will get ready to go, I expect you to be there" was all he said to her as he left the house.

She had no choice but to get ready. When he had that tone of voice no one could argue with him. So with a heavy heart she started to get ready as the time for the ceremony approached. When it was time to go he came and got his daughter and together they started to head toward the base of the mountain were the ceremony was performed.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Kagome was pacing nervously as the time for the ceremony was approaching; Inuyasha approached her and tried to comfort. She leaned into his strong arms where she had always felt the safest. She turned to look into his golden eyes that she has loved throughout the centuries and smiled. He leaned down and gently kissed her as he held her in his strong arms. As he pulled away from the kiss he said, "Are you ready to go?" She nodded her head yes. "We are not going to use the concealment spell tonight. It is a night to truly reveal to my mother what I am." Inuyasha nodded his head in agreement and started to walk with her toward the great doors that lead into the valley of the protectors.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The ceremony was about to start as Kagome's mother took her place next to her father by the tribal elders. The Ashiko started to beat and the dancers started to dance. The dance was the story of how a tribe had traveled to the south to protect the tribe from hunger during the winter months and again north for the summer months. It told of the hardships and lost that they endured until one day the tribe had disappeared from the face of the earth. It was said that the protectors of the land had taken them to a much better place, so that they wouldn't have to travel the long road or lose any more members on the journey. They have not been heard from since.

As the Ashiko stopped one of the tribal elders stood up and spoke, "from the beginning of time the land has been protected by the protectors of the land. They roam the land making sure that we give back as much as we take. In this way the land will always provide and its people thrive. The protectors were said to have gone into this very mountain never to be seen again. Some say that they still live there; other say they had died centuries ago. The protectors live on in each of us as they have taught us how to take care of the land. We honor them with this ceremony as a way of saying thanks and to show them what new members have been added to their families."

Kagome's mother looked confused for a few minutes. `Maybe they are saying that the descendants of the protectors are here and that they come to the ceremony to show the spirits of their parents what new children have been brought into this world. I would have presented my daughter tonight in an attempt to reveal her true power. But now she was gone and I have no idea where she is or if she is even alive,' she thought as a lone tear fell down her cheek. As the elder stopped talking he faced the rocky cliff in front of him, "Great protector's of the land your children have gathered to present your new grand children would you please honor us with your presence." She looked at the stonewall expecting nothing to happen when all of a sudden the rock began to open.

Inuyasha and Kagome stood on the other side of the wall listening to the ceremony when they heard "would you please honor us with your presence" she knew it was time to make their appearance. She turned to the door and said. "The protectors of the land are leaving" the doors began to open. Inuyasha held onto her as the doors open, once the door were opened they stepped through the doors and greeted the elder. He stood taller than before as he removed the beads from around his neck revealing the eldest of Kagome and Inuyasha's sons. He greeted his father and mother as he led them toward the center of the group.

Kagome's mother was in shock. She did not expect the rock wall to open, but as it did she saw two figures emerge from the other side and began to walk toward the elder in the center of the clearing. She gasped; she saw two hanyou approach the elder as he straightens up and took off his beads from around his neck. As he did she saw another hanyou just like the one's that had stepped through the rock doors? He embraced each one and then tuned to the rest of the tribe. As he looked at all of them they all removed the beads from around their necks and revealed that they were all hanyou. They all greeted their parents as they approached.

Kagome was disparately looking for her mother, she finally saw her off to the right and she tightened her grip on her mate's hand. When he looked at her he followed her gaze to the lone woman standing to the right. Everyone stood still as they followed the gaze of their parents to the lone woman standing alone. Kagome took a deep breath and started to walk towards her mother.

Kagome's mother saw the hanyou's approaching her and started to panic there was something familiar about the girl but she couldn't place her finger on it. Kagome finally arrived in front of her mother and stood there in silence staring at her. They both looked at each other for a few more minutes when Kagome broke the silence, "Mama, it's me Kagome" Kagome's mother grasped at the realization of the young woman's statement. She knew deep down in her heart that this was her little girl. The one she had lost earlier that day, the one she had shed tears of sorrow, the part of her soul that was missing. She approached her daughter and she looked into her golden eyes. "Kagome?" Kagome nodded yes and the two embraced never wanting to let go of each other ever again. "But how, I just lost you a couple of hours ago, what happened to you?" "Mama can't you remember the concealment spell you put on me all those years ago." "You broke them? But that could only happen at this ceremony or if you fell in love with someone." She stated. "Mama meet my mate of 406 years." She looked at Inuyasha and smiled. "You love my daughter?" her mother asked the handsome man standing there. "With all my heart" He replied not even hesitating. She turned to him and hugged him saying "thank you for protecting her" they stood apart and he smiled at her then he put his arm around his mate and held her tight.

"Mama, if you haven't already figured it out this ceremony is to bring all of our kids together in order to meet our new grand kids. Please come and join us and meet your grand children and their children." Kagome's mother smiled wide. It was all she ever wanted to have her daughter protected and for her to be happy. Never in her wildest dreams did she ever think that she would be meeting all of her grand children on this very night of the ceremony of the revealing.

She was happy, happy that she did what she did to protect her daughter. Happy, that she had found her true love and happiness. "This was meant to be" was the last thing she said as she went to meet all of her grand children.

Jinx:*sob*

Cindy: Jinx, what's wrong?

Jinx: *sobs* I'm *sniff* so *bows nose into tissue* HAPPY! *sobs louder*

Cindy: oh

Jinx: and that it's over *sobs into mike's shoulder*

Mike: oh dear good, *sigh* she has another story!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Jinx: Too all those evil non-reviewers poo on you for not reviewing this wonderful story! Geesh! You are all evil!!!!!!! Ok maybe not the ones who DID review, but you *points to non-reviewers* all of you are!!!!!

Mike: *ahem* jinx!

Jinx: all of you must perish in the pits of hell for what you have done!!! *glares at non-reviewers*

Mike: JINX!!

Jinx: you all should, all of you!!!! *evil laughter as opening up portal to hell* now jump in non-reviewers!!!!!! Perish for what you have done!!!!!! *evil laughter*

Mike: DANIY JINX!!!!!!

Jinx: *portal closes and fires disappear* what?!

Mike: you know as well as I do that they didn't do anything wrong.

Jinx: but….

Mike: no buts!

Jinx: *grumbles while jumping off of stage*

Cindy: *falls of chair laughing*

Mike: you're not helping!!!!!

Cindy: *shuts up*

Jinx, Cindy, and Mike: bye everyone *all waves hands* see you all at the next story!! *all run into darkness giggling*

This is the end to my story I hoped you all enjoyed it. I tried really hard not to offend any one in this story but if I did then I am truly sorry. I have another one in the works if you truly want to read it then tell me in your review otherwise this will be the last story I post. Again thank you for reading and remember to review! Remember no writer can improve if you don't tell them what they have done wrong. Be it good or bad just tell me what you thought of it.