InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Melodies ❯ Sesshomaru Remembers Her ( Chapter 1 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha or Inuyasha related material!! Cuz if I did, everyone would love Sesshomaru, and Naraku wouldn't be so hated!!
 
AN: This is the second story I've posted on here, so please bare with me!!
 
Melodies
Chapter One
Sesshomaru Remembers Her
 
`It has been a year today…' Sesshomaru thought as he stood on a balcony above the year-long abandoned garden, `A year since I have inhaled her cherry blossom scent…Since I have seen her heartfelt smile…'
 
He closed his eyes as the memories of her returned to him…
 
One year before
 
Rin walked through her garden, humming happily to herself. She didn't notice her Lord looking down at her from the over-looking balcony, nor did she notice his claws digging into the marble.
 
When she embraced the young demon, she didn't see her Lord's eyes flash a deadly crimson. When the young demon pulled her close and claimed her lips, she didn't see, or hear, her Lord approaching.
 
She gasped, first in surprise, as the young demon was ripped away from her, and again, in fear, as she saw her Lord.
 
Clutched in his hand was the cat demon she had embraced only moments ago. One moment, he was struggling, and the next, he was still. Deathly still.
 
“Kai!” She yelled, reaching for the demon her Lord had killed.
 
She would have reached him if her Lord had not struck her. She could feel her blood drip to the dirt below, but she refused to lift her hand to her torn cheek. She refused to show any weakness in front of the demon that had killed her best and closest friend.
 
“Go. You will leave this Sesshomaru's land at once. I will not have a harlot in my castle. I will be leaving for patrol in one week, you have that long to leave my domain. If this Sesshomaru catches your scent after one week, he will kill you…” Sesshomaru growled, dropping Kai to the ground in front of Rin.
 
“This is my punishment for love?” She asked calmly, shutting off her well trained emotions.
 
“This is you punishment for whoring yourself in my castle,” he stated coldly.
 
“You call me a `whore' and `harlot' when I am still pure. You cast me away because I am nothing. Kai was the only one that remembered today. He held me when you forgot. But why would you remember something as trivial as my birth? I am not a little girl anymore. I do not expect such things from you as I once did. I stopped looking at you with admiration years ago, when you first stuck me. Do you remember that day?”
 
“What day?”
 
“The day I started my moon cycle…I will never forget…You had caught my scent and lost some of your precious control…You tore my flesh with your claws as your beast tried to claw free…I wear those scars as a reminder of my place as a human. If I were not human, you surely wouldn't have struck me as you did…I am lucky that my body is strange…My cycle lasted only one day…by the time it passed, I was nearly dead…Then as if nothing happened, you walked away…That's when I met Kai. He tended to my wounds and fed me, much like I did for you when we met…Tell me, Lord Sesshomaru…Do you wish for my death?” She asked, going to her knees and pulling Kai's cold body to hers.
 
“Your life means nothing to this Sesshomaru, but he will not get any great satisfaction from your death. You, human, mean nothing to this Sesshomaru…”
 
“You will kill me eventually…” She said softly, pulling a bamboo flute from her kimono.
 
“Where did you get that?”
 
“Kai gave it to me for my birthday two years ago…When I turned thirteen…I know you will never find it in your cold heart to forgive me, but I must do this…
 
Rin played a few notes on the flute, and an unbreakable barrier formed around Sesshomaru. She then played a soft, sad melody and cat demons started to appear.
 
“Riku…Please take Kai…” she said to a male demon, and Kai was lifted from her arms, “Senri…I must be taken to Senri…”
 
“Why do you wish to see the Neko Master, Rin?” A female asked.
 
“To tell him of my decision…” Rin said, standing.
 
“You mean…” the female started.
 
“Yes…I will become his summoner…And in return I will get eternal life…Forever frozen at fifteen…” she turned to Sesshomaru, flute raised to her lips, “Goodbye, my Lord…” she said, playing some soft notes, her and the cat demons vanishing as the barrier around him dissipated.
 
After that, he had banned anyone from entering her garden. He could be found many times gazing at her beautiful garden from the balcony above. It was obvious to everyone in his castle that he missed the young human girl.
 
And he did…He missed her more than he could ever be able to understand. It scared him inside that she could be dead somewhere. Dead because he couldn't protect her…Not from others and not from himself…
 
Now
 
It had taken him only a few days to get over her being gone. It was hard to forget her though…Everything reminded him or her…
 
“Happy Birthday, Rin…” He whispered into the night…