InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Midnight Blood ❯ Hints ( Chapter 12 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{ }{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{} {}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{ }{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

*Author's Notes*

ELLOOO!  Late chapter is super late, but let's just say that life has been uh, interesting and writer's block SUCKS.  Nothing like a good book from your favorite author to get you excited about writing again.  Anyway, I'm sure you don't want to read my ramblings and get to the actual stuff, so without further ado, let's go.

DISCLAIMER:  I don't own Inuyasha, nor do I take any credit for Rumiko Takahashi's genius.

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{} {}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{ }{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{} {}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}
REVIEWERS
You guys are SO BOSS.  You don't know how much it means to me, hearing you're reviews, both good and bad!  I can't thank you enough.  

@SPLENDIDGODDESS: HOLY BEJEZUS!  Woman you spoil me!  I can't tell you how many times I've read your uber long and awesome review over and over, and are you reading my mind or something? O_o.  But yes, you're assessment of their relationship at this point is absolutely correct.   So I hope you can enjoy watching them going forward.  Thank you so much!

@READER97654: Awww, you're so sweet!  Thank you for the complements and I really do hope you enjoy the chapter and are exstatic for more in the future.

@KAGOME_15_HIGURASHI: Hmm, what's going to happen?  I'm not telling.  But I have a feeling it's going to be a very bumpy ride.  Thank you so much for your compliments!  I feel so unworthy.

@SILVERLINING: I'm glad you enjoyed ''Nightwalker.''  And I'm glad you're enjoying this story too.  Sorry the updates take too long, life and writer's block happen, but you did inspire me to keep going, and I hope you stick around enough to enjoy all the chapters anyway! ^_^
`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~` ~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~ `~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~` ~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~
Part Twelve: Hints
`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~ `~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~` ~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~ `~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~` ~`~`~`~
Lilliana didn’t look up when Inuyasha finally descended the stairs.  In fact, she slapped her book closed and brushed past him without a word.  No matter how surprised he was to find her there, he didn’t stop her from leaving him alone especially when he knew that she heard all the destruction he must have caused upstairs, before, during and after his fight with his mate.  Not knowing what to say, or do, and too deep in shock to even think, he paced around the room without thought for a while, staring at the alien scenery.  This place is too clean, he thought.  He had the sudden, immature urge to break all the glass statuettes there were used to decorate the mahogany tables and several bookcases.
-_-_-_-_-_-
It felt like being a bird in a cage: a pristine cage that reeked of that bastard.  When Inuyasha really thought about it, it really was Narek that started this whole mess.  He slumped down into the seat Lilliana had been sitting in before she left and reached for a book on the table before dropping the thing as though it had shocked him.  It smelled like Narek; the whole damn house did!  Frowning, Inuyasha leaned back against the couch, stared at the ceiling and ran his hand over the skin on his chest.  
-_-_-_-_-_-
If Narek hadn’t found out about Kagome first all those years ago, would he have left her behind in her human world?  Inuyasha wondered if there was any way he could have left her and returned to feed from her when he needed.  He quickly shook her head.  ''There was no other way.''  He growled.  ''I was addicted.  And that was my goddamn fault!  He would have killed her if I left her there.''
-_-_-_-_-_-
‘But you couldn’t stop him from killing her even after you took her from her home.’
-_-_-_-_-_-
Inuyasha jerked up, looking around him.  He was alone.  There was no new scent and he didn't feel like he was being watched.  Perhaps his imagination was getting the better of him, especially considering his depressing thoughts.  Was there really no way he could have spared Kagome from being pulled into his life, losing her humanity and being forced to become his mate?      
-_-_-_-_-_-
Inuyasha sighed.  He never should have bitten her in the first place.  And why, for what godforsaken twist of fate, did he run into her a second time after that?  Had he not been tired and weak from the fight he'd had, would he have bitten her again when they met that second time?      
-_-_-_-_-_-
‘Your addiction to her was all your fault.'
-_-_-_-_-_-
This time, Inuyasha stood, clenching his fists, waiting for whoever was hiding in the shadows.  ''I know I heard you this time.  Get out here."
-_-_-_-_-_-
'You could not have survived without her, even after Narek had almost sucked all the life out of her.  And why?  Because you couldn’t control your dick.’   
-_-_-_-_-_-
''It’s not like I DENIED what I did!''  He whispered viciously.  The voice laughed harshly.  ''And how do you even know so much about my past? Where are you?''    
-_-_-_-_-_-
The voice laughed again.
-_-_-_-_-_-
''Get out here and try laughing again.''
-_-_-_-_-_-
'I AM here.'
-_-_-_-_-_-
Inuyasha growled.  He walked around the living room, searching, and when he found nothing, he made his way to the kitchen only to run into no one.
-_-_-_-_-_-
‘Haven’t figured it out yet?’
-_-_-_-_-_-
He froze.
-_-_-_-_-_-
'Ah, so you're not that foolish after all?'
-_-_-_-_-_-
Was he hearing that voice in his own head?  No.  Inuyasha covered his ears.
-_-_-_-_-_-
'Don't bother.  You already know it is true.'
-_-_-_-_-_-
It wasn’t in his head.  It was in his very being.  It wasn’t a voice, it was a strange sense of knowing.  He had felt it before and it was enough to make his knees bend and his palms slap hard against the white tile of the kitchen floor.      
-_-_-_-_-_-
‘That’s right.’
-_-_-_-_-_-
''Bullshit!''  He shouted.  
-_-_-_-_-_-
‘The sooner you accept me the more likely you are to survive.’
-_-_-_-_-_-
He was just angry.  That was it.  He was so angry that Kagome had lied to him and smacked him in the face, with her words and her hand.  He had to be.   
-_-_-_-_-_-
‘You are lying.  You know what she said was true.  But that’s not the only thing you are afraid of is it?’
-_-_-_-_-_-
''SHUT UP!''
-_-_-_-_-_-
‘I warned you before.  I am the only one telling you about the danger around you, danger that you cannot see but can feel.’
-_-_-_-_-_-
That was it.  Inuyasha stood up and stumbled toward the wall.  He really was going crazy!  ''Fine.  If you’re, uh, me, then why the fuck did you never speak to me before?''
-_-_-_-_-_-
‘You have lost touch with what you really are, grown soft.  Or perhaps you were born soft.  There are things out there that the inner core of your being can feel, but you never needed to pay attention to it before because it has never been a threat before.’    
-_-_-_-_-_-
''The fuck are you talking about?''
-_-_-_-_-_-
It laughed again.  ‘Something old and wonderful has woken me up and you are going to need me more then ever, because that something just might kill you in the future.’
-_-_-_-_-_-
Then it was gone, and, in the silence that followed, he began to shiver.  Old?  Wonderful? Threat?  Words.  Things he didn't understand and was too confused to try.  Was he losing his mind?  Just a few moments ago he was angry about his past, and now he didn't even know how to feel.  He leaned his temple against the wall as a pounding headache invaded his skull.
`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~ `~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~` ~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~ `~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~< br> The door creaked open and an eye appeared inside the tiny opening.  In her limited angle of view, Kagome didn't see anyone in the living room.  She rubbed her sleeve over her face and looked again.  No one.  Looking back into the room behind her, she hesitated.  Once she left, there would be no safe, hidden place she could hide, but she couldn't stay in there much longer.  Night was over, it was already the afternoon, she hadn't slept, and she was hungry.  Yet, Kagome looked back out into the living room and waited.  
-_-_-_-_-_-
Finally, she pulled the door inward.  Opening the door felt like it had been too quick, as though it had deliberately swung open faster then she had intended just to spite her.  And that first step into the room was equally too fast and too terrifying.  Thankfully, she was alone.  Creeping along the wall, she made her way to the kitchen.  No one.  She let out a breath before she opened the fridge and reached for the first container of red meat she could see.  
  -_-_-_-_-_-
As she chewed, she tried to make sense of the mess around her.  A liar.  That wasn't fair.  She thought.  Yet, even if there was some truth to it, he didn't have to say it the way he did, even if he was right about her poor judgement.  Who was Lucy?  Why did she never question it?  Sure she had her reasons for not telling the family, but why did she never think on it herself?  Perhaps she was so focused on getting her life back together that she didn't have time to think about it.      
''But he doesn't understand.''  Kagome hissed.  ''He doesn't know what it's like being a prisoner and not knowing anything.''  Kagome took a big chomp of meat, tearing it off the bone.  
-_-_-_-_-_-
''Maybe being trapped here will make that asshole understand, though it wouldn't nearly be enough.  He didn't lose HIS life."  She pulled off another piece of meat from the bone with her teeth before slowly putting the container back on the marble countertop next to her.  ''Why did it have to be me?  It's not like I resisted, but why did he have to get addicted to me?''  Her elbows touched the marble, and Kagome placed her hands over her eyes as though to stop them from leaking.  ''What was I doing for the last ten years?  Pretending?  Maybe I was, but I still had control; I was still free.''
-_-_-_-_-_-
The sound of the door opening made Kagome snap upright, and she hastily whipped her face and with her sleeve.  Putting the container of meat back into the fridge, she walked out of the kitchen.  As she rounded the corner, she spotted Chase as he was taking off his jacket and putting it in the closet beside the front door.  When he turned, he squinted at her.  Kagome turned around, hiding her face and whipping her nose with her sleeve again.  
 -_-_-_-_-_-
Whether or not Chase was curious about her appearance, he didn't say anything when Kagome turned to face him again, wearing an expression, she hoped, looked indifferent.  ''So what's the outside world like?'' she said.  ''Still running away from slaves and finding out nothing?''
 -_-_-_-_-_-
Chase shrugged and slumped down onto the couch, leaning his head back.  ''Nothing that you haven't already heard.  All we know is that the humans who drink the blood start growing horns after the first day and that they start chanting something when they're dazed and when they start losing their minds."
 -_-_-_-_-_-
Kagome was surprised.  ''Wait?  You're actually telling me what's going on?''
-_-_-_-_-_-
Chase put his arm on the back of the chair, turned around, and raised a brow at her.  ''Better then having you lock yourself in your room and throwing a pity party.''
-_-_-_-_-_-
"Why you-''
-_-_-_-_-_-
''Besides," he turned back around, ''I see no reason to keep you in the dark, when we are in the same situation.  We don't know much more then you do.''   
-_-_-_-_-_-
Kagome made her way over to the couch opposite him and sat down.  ''Okay.  Then tell me what you know about Lucy."
 -_-_-_-_-_-
Chase tilted his head to the side and gave her a surprised expression before he burst into laughter, his deep voice vibrating with each breath.
 -_-_-_-_-_-
''What?"  Kagome crossed her arms.
 -_-_-_-_-_-
''Nothing.''  Chase said as his laughter died down and he schooled his features.  ''What do you want to know?  I don't know much about her history, to be honest.''
 -_-_-_-_-_-
''Well, how did you meet?  I never got the full story about why you and that bastard decided to betray my family.  It must have been nice, betraying the people that saved your life and protected you just to follow that asshole.''
-_-_-_-_-_-
Chase leaned back against the couch, completely at ease.  Kagome was surprised he didn't make a snide remark at her jab.  ''That story isn't as fascinating as you would believe.''
-_-_-_-_-_-
''Then why don't you tell me about it?''
-_-_-_-_-_-
''Simply put, Narek ran off during a fight we were having with the old 'King's' lackeys and I followed.  We eventually ran into Lucy, who fought with us.''  Chase winced.  ''Well, it was more like a slaughter then a fight.''  
 -_-_-_-_-_-
''So Narek saw her strength and decided to throw his lot in with her?  Sounds like something that psycho would do."
-_-_-_-_-_-
''He didn't do it right away, because Lucy left afterward.  I suppose he must have run into her many more times.  I didn't really suspect anything, seeing as ignoring orders wasn't something new for him.  But the next time I saw her, it definitely seemed as though they had met.  They knew each other.  Maybe Lucy saw something in him-''
-_-_-_-_-_-
''Yeah, like the fact that he's a traitor.''
-_-_-_-_-_-
Chase didn't even stop for Kagome's comment.  ''-And maybe that's why she gave him an offer.  Narek took it, and I followed.  That's about all there is to it.''
-_-_-_-_-_-
''So why did you follow Chase?''  Kagome flinched, suddenly remembering why her eyes were so crispy with dried tears.  She looked toward the stairs to see her mate standing on the final step with his hand clenching the rail so tightly that his knuckles had turned white.  As though feeling her eyes on him, he looked at her.  They stared without speaking.  His eyes held an unreadable expression in them, and she looked back, hoping that her face was just as masked as his.  She didn't know what to say, but felt angry just from the fact that he didn't say anything.  
 -_-_-_-_-_-
''Talk about tension.''  Kagome's gaze snapped back to Chase.  He was standing, looking at Inuyasha with a relaxed expression.  
 -_-_-_-_-_-
''You didn't answer my question.  Why did you follow Narek, Chase?''  Inuyasha descended the final stair.  Soon he was standing at the edge of the couch.  Chase shrugged.  
 -_-_-_-_-_-
''And Rukiya?  She loved you, remember?''
-_-_-_-_-_-
Kagome blinked.  She never knew that.  She looked up at Chase, but was disappointed to see that he didn't appear the least bit perturbed.  ''It must have been nice,''  Inuyasha continued, ''leaving the woman who loved you to follow some traitor.  Did you enjoy lying to us for so long?''  He glanced at Kagome.
 -_-_-_-_-_-
The hands resting on Kagome's knees became fists and she looked away, scowling.
  -_-_-_-_-_-
''What do you expect me to say, Inuyasha?'' Came Chase's voice.  ''Do you want some long contrived answer like, 'I just wanted to be on the winning side?'"
-_-_-_-_-_-
''Why you son of a-''   
 -_-_-_-_-_-
Inuyasha launched forward, aiming a punch at Chase's face, which Chase easily dodged by leaning to the side.  Soon punches were flying everywhere, with Chase easily stepping out the way of each one.  He grabbed Inuyasha's arm as it sailed over his shoulder and walloped him in the stomach.  Inuyasha bent forward for only a second before he kicked his opponent hard in the knee, making Chase lose his balance.
-_-_-_-_-_-
''Stop it!'' Kagome called, but the men didn't listen to her.  Chase was back on his feet, easily avoiding Inuyasha's hits, as well as missing many of his own.  They kicked the couch over, tumbled down to the floor together before regaining their feet just to start hammering at each other again.  
 -_-_-_-_-_-
Kagome moved forward, but suddenly felt a hand on her shoulder.  She turned to find Lilliana standing behind her.  ''Let them fight.''
-_-_-_-_-_-
''Are you nuts?''
-_-_-_-_-_-
''Although it may look like they're evenly matched, this is only going to end one way.  Relax, Chase doesn't look like he's going to harm him.  Besides,'' Lilliana rolled her eyes, ''don't bother getting in the middle of a purely testosterone driven brawl.''
-_-_-_-_-_-
Kagome scoffed but suddenly the mens' grunting and yelling stopped.  She looked back to see that Chase and Inuyasha were facing each other, panting.  Chase straightened up from his fighting stance.  He whipped the blood off his lower lip with the back of his fist.  Inuyasha, on the other hand, was standing with his fist still in the air, his nose bleeding, and his expression still furious.  
-_-_-_-_-_-
''Haven't changed a bit in the last hundred years."  Chase puffed.  ''Still know how to pack a punch.''
-_-_-_-_-_-
''And it looks like you have gotten some new tricks.  Why don't you stop with the blood-bone manipulation and let me go so that I can finish what I fucking started?''  Inuyasha growled.
-_-_-_-_-_-
Chase smiled.  ''Hey, I'm not the one doing it.''
-_-_-_-_-_-
''I am.''
 -_-_-_-_-_-
Kagome and Lilliana jumped, turning around to face Lucy.  How did the woman appear out of nowhere?  Kagome thought as she gasped.  She hadn't caught her scent or even felt Lucy's presence at all.  When did she even arrive?
-_-_-_-_-_-
''If you don't fucking release me right now-''
-_-_-_-_-_-
''You'll do what?'' Lucy said in a bored tone.  ''Destroy more of my home?  I might as well keep you this way for as long as you're here.''
 -_-_-_-_-_-
Inuyasha glared at her.  ''You must be Lucy.  I was expecting some older bitch, not a little one.''
-_-_-_-_-_-
''You sound like Xander.''
-_-_-_-_-_-
''What? Is that fuckweat here too?''  Inuyasha glared at Kagome at though it were her fault he didn't know.  She stuck her tongue out at him, too angry to care that she was being immature, but Inuyasha didn't bother speaking to her.   
 -_-_-_-_-_-
''I'll let you go if you promise to behave.''
-_-_-_-_-_-
''Fuck you.  I have unfinished business with this shit.''
-_-_-_-_-_-
Chase laughed.  ''I'd like to see you try.  Let him go, I have more steam I need to let off anyway.'' He cracked his knuckles.  
 -_-_-_-_-_-
Lucy crossed her arms when she fixed her gaze on him.  ''Where is Narek?''
-_-_-_-_-_-
''Fuck if I know."  Chase said without taking his eyes off Inuyasha.  "Guess he got tired of you not telling us anything so he went to get information himself.''  Kagome saw Chase squint at her.  Then he looked at Lilliana for a brief moment before snapping his attention back to Inuyasha.  ''I really wonder though.   Why did it have to be you three?''
-_-_-_-_-_-
''The fuck are you talking about?'' Inuyasha barked.
 -_-_-_-_-_-
''Very well then.  I'll just have to look for him.'' Lucy said.  
 -_-_-_-_-_-
The door clicked and suddenly all eyes were on Xander.  He brought his hands up as though caught in a crime.  "Whoa.  Am I interrupting something?''
-_-_-_-_-_-
''Aaaand the whole party's here.'' Lucy said.  Xander looked about the room.  From Chase and Inuyasha to Lucy, Kagome and then, ''Hey there gorgeous, I see you're wearing pants now.  That's too bad, I would've liked to see your other look.''
-_-_-_-_-_-  
Kagome opened her mouth to scream at him, but Lilliana stopped her.  Then she looked at Xander and said smoothly, ''He'd probably kill you if you did.''
-_-_-_-_-_-
Xander winced.  "I'll bet.''
-_-_-_-_-_-
Kagome caught Inuyasha staring at Lilliana suspiciously.  Whether it was a questioning look asking her who she was referring to, or a look that wanted to know why Xander would make a comment about her pants, Kagome couldn't tell.
 -_-_-_-_-_-
''I don't suppose you have anything new to share with me?''  Lucy said impatiently.  
-_-_-_-_-_-
Xander finally faced her.  He shrugged.  ''I only know that those things keep chanting some shit that sounds like fucking Narek's name.''
-_-_-_-_-_-
Lucy's eyes went wide.  ''What?''
-_-_-_-_-_-
''When I hung out with those kids, whenever they were dazed, they would start moaning the same thing over and over.  It's either Narek's name or something that sure as yell sounds like it.''
-_-_-_-_-_-
''I knew he had something to do with this.  Let me go so I can find that bastard and rip off his fucking head.''  Inuyasha hissed.
 -_-_-_-_-_-
Lucy must not have heard him.  ''No.  Not Narek, but-''  She was suddenly pale, her eyes opened with her confusion, only to narrow a second later as a look of fury came over her features.  ''No, that's not possible.''  She stroked her chin with her thumb.  ''Not unless they did.  But even then, I made sure.  How could?  Damn!''
-_-_-_-_-_-
''Something wrong?'' Chase asked.
 -_-_-_-_-_-
''You two.'' She pointed to Chase and Xander.  "You're to stay here and keep guard over these three until I return-no matter how long I'm gone.''
-_-_-_-_-_-
''Fuck that shit.  I'm not staying here for god know how fucking long babysitting.  Your freaky mind tricks can keep them here just fine.'' Xander said.  ''And where are you going anyway?''
-_-_-_-_-_-
''My 'tricks' can't stop those on the outside from entering.  And besides, you'd need me here to let you out.''  
 -_-_-_-_-_-
''What, we're trapped here too?''
-_-_-_-_-_-
''I can't exactly get my spells to discriminate.''
-_-_-_-_-_-
''So you're going to trap us here.'' Chase growled.
 -_-_-_-_-_-
''Not much fun when you're the one trapped now is it?'' Kagome said.  
 -_-_-_-_-_-
Chase gave her a look before clicking his teen at Lucy.  ''When you find Narek, make sure to smack him one for leaving me to take care of these four children.''
-_-_-_-_-_-
"Fuck!"  Xander jumped back from the door.  ''The fuck was that?  I can't fucking leave?''
-_-_-_-_-_-
''That would be the 'mind trick' you were talking about.'' Lilliana said.
 -_-_-_-_-_-
Lucy opened the door without a single problem.  She then faced Xander, ''I'll be back in a few days.''
-_-_-_-_-_-
''And you're just going to leave me stuck like this?''  Every eye turned toward Inuyasha, who was still frozen, mid-punch, where he stood.  
 -_-_-_-_-_-
''Doesn't seem like a such bad idea, considering you'd be nothing but a nuisance that's going to destroy my furniture or fight uselessly with Chase and Xander.''  Lucy said coldly.  ''I think I may just keep you like that until I get back.''
-_-_-_-_-_-
''WHAT!''
-_-_-_-_-_-
''Unless of course, you swear to be on you're best behavior.  Because even if I let you go,'' Inuyasha suddenly jerked.  Realizing he was free, he jumped toward Lucy, only to do stiff and fall to the floor again.  
 -_-_-_-_-_-
''Do you prefer to stay on the floor, or would you rather be standing?  Either way works for me.  I've been dealing with brats like you for over three thousand years.  To me, you're child's play.  Now will you behave yourself or do I leave you like this until I return.  It certainly would be awkward having to be fed hand to mouth because you can't move.''
-_-_-_-_-_-
Inuyasha growled but said.  ''Fine.''  
 -_-_-_-_-_-
''Good.''  Lucy closed the door behind her.  
 -_-_-_-_-_-
As soon as she was gone, Inuyasha got up on his hands and knees and finally whipped the blood off his nose.  He stood, looking about the room.  Xander and Chase had put the couch back up and sat down.  "Stuck here, keeping an eye on these three.'' Chase sighed.
 -_-_-_-_-_-
''Fuck.  I'm going to go nuts in this house-Ow!  The fuck was that for, bitch!''
-_-_-_-_-_-
Lilliana drew her hand back, smiling at the red spot on Xander's cheek.  ''I'd appreciate it if you kept your lewd comments to yourself.  Inuyasha may have agreed to behave, but I didn't and if you don't keep your mouth shut, there is a certain someone that would be happy to do it for you, if I should tell him.''
-_-_-_-_-_-
''You wouldn't.''
-_-_-_-_-_-
''Try me?  At least he's useful for something.''
-_-_-_-_-_-
Xander turned his back on her and crossed his arms.  ''Bitch.''
-_-_-_-_-_-
Lilliana shrugged and left the room, disappearing into the study.  With her gone, a new tension eased its way into the room as Inuyasha, Chase and Xander looked at each other without speaking.  Yet the answer was clear; all three men wanted to fight.  Not wanting to get caught in the middle of an argument, Kagome moved to go into the study, and the moment she did, her eyes locked with Inuyasha's.  They stared at each other again, and it was Kagome that broke her gaze first.  Even if she did have something to say to him, she didn't want to waste her words on him.
{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{} {}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{ }{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{} {}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}
A/N
Well, that’s it for now.  If there were any grammatical errors let me know.  I’m still getting used to tinkering with the formatting to get it to be at lest semi-readable.  I hope this new style helps.  Till next time.

Jian