InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Miko vs. Miko ❯ chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

`Soon,' Inuyasha thought. `Soon I can take her as my true mate…after this whole deal with Kikyo is taken care of anyways.'
 
It took Inuyasha a second to find the direction that they needed to go. But it was only a second, and then he jumped off, Kagome in his arms, jumping off into the darkness of the night that had fallen around them suddenly.
 
“Do you think that they will be very worried that we were gone?” She asked quietly as they landed a few feet from the entrance of the hut.
 
“I hope so,” Inuyasha said, making Kagome stare at him. But he only shrugged and said, “It'll give me a reason to hit that monk if he makes a comment.” And Kagome laughed.
 
“Come on,” Inuyasha whispered as they were a few inches from the door. “They're all asleep right now.” And, without looking at Kagome he said, “We'll tell them in the morning, ok?”
 
“Um, yeah, ok.” Kagome said, a deep feeling of dread coming over her. It wasn't that she was afraid of Kikyo or anything, or the fight, but of what Inuyasha would do and say after it. What if she died? What if Kikyo did? Either way, she knew that Inuyasha would never be the same.
 
“Shh.” Inuyasha shushed, and they entered the hut, crept to where they slept and lay down. As she was about to drift off she heard Inuyasha say, “Good night, Kagome.” She smiled.
 
“Night night, Inuyasha.” She said back, and sleep claimed her.
 
(That morning)
 
Both Inuyasha and Kagome were woke rather early by the cry of, “Miroku, Sango, Inuyasha and Kagome are back!!” and Kagome was immediately hit with a rather large ball of fluff.
 
“Morning to you to Shippou.” Kagome said, taking him off of her before wrapping him in a hug. “Did you sleep ok last night?”
 
Shippou opened his mouth to say something but it was Miroku who said, “We were very worried, but I think that you two had a rather nice night, didn't you?”
 
A piece of unburned wood made contact with Miroku's head, making a small crunch like sound, and he fell backwards, a large bump rising.
 
“Shut it.” Inuyasha said, glaring and growling I his direction. “You're such an idiot.”
 
“So…where were you two last night?” Sango suddenly asked, trying to make herself sound as innocent as possible.
 
Inuyasha was about to growl something out to her to but Kagome said, “Wanna go take a hot spring dip Sango? We can always sit for a while and talk.” As she said the word, Inuyasha came crashing into the floor, curses flying form his mouth.
 
Sango, confused at first, smiled then and said ,”Sure Kagome-chan, let's just get our swits, or is it suites?”
 
Kagome, laughing slightly as she got the swimming suits out said, “It's suits. Swimming suits really, but suits works to.” They both left, their laughter dieing as they got farther away from the hut.
 
“I wanna go with them!” Shippou said, and for a moment he rummaged in Kagome's pack as well, pulling his suit out to before he raced out the door. It had been a long time since Kagome had bought them and brought them here, but Shippou was still always slightly amazed at them and the way they felt.
 
“So what did happen between you two?” Miroku asked again.
 
“Nothing.” Inuyasha said, turning away slightly. “Just shut up.”
 
“Ah, so you kissed her?”
 
“No!”
 
“After you saw Kikyo or before?”
 
“Neither!”
 
“Before then. Was it a nice long kiss?”
 
“Shut up already!”
 
“Yep, and I'm guessing that you almost asked her to marry…well, no, demons don't marry do they? They mate…”
 
“I swear. Miroku, I will feel no regret in killing you!”
 
“Well that settles it, you love her!”
 
“…”
 
“I was right! Aww, Inuyasha is in love with Kagome-sama!”
 
“…”
 
“Not talking because I'm right? Or because it's the truth? Or because I'm not lying?”
 
“How did you know?” Inuyasha asked quietly, which slightly took Miroku by surprise, as he had never heard Inuyasha's voice this soft.
 
“Well,” He started. “I am a monk…” Inuyasha chocked and said something that sounded like `bullshit' so Miroku said, “Fine, think what you want. I do know these things though, so if you have any questions, feel free to tell me.”
 
For a moment neither boy spoke, Inuyasha facing a wall and Miroku looking out into the open sunlight filtering in from the open door.
 
“What if…I don't want to hurt her?” Inuyasha asked, taking Miroku by surprise. There were many ways that Inuyasha could hurt her, so which did he mean?
 
“In which way, Inuyasha?” he asked, so he could better help his friend. “Mentally? Physically? Sexually?”
 
Inuyasha chocked slightly at the last one and said, “No! I meant…I don't want to make her cry or anything. And I would never hurt her physically, I couldn't…”
 
“To the second thing, you can't know that. What about when you're a demon?” Miroku looked at Inuyasha, but he wasn't able to see his face still. “You wouldn't be able to control yourself and you might hurt her on accident, or even on purpose.”
 
When Miroku still didn't receive a response to this he went on, thinking that Inuyasha must have been thinking as well.
 
“And to the first: Stop seeing Kikyo. Stop going after her, stop talking about her around Kagome as much as you can. Let her go home more, don't tell her stupid things like her tests are stupid or call her stupid. Be nice to her, touch her softly, kiss her, lay her down and…” another block of wood came into contact with his head. “Ow! Fine, just be nice to her. Especially about Kikyo”
 
“It doesn't matter about Kikyo for now.” Inuyasha said. “She's not going to come by for a year I think.” Miroku didn't say anything but Inuyasha could smell shock coming off of him. “She's going to give Kagome a year to train and get herself stronger…before she and Kikyo fight…to the death.”
 
“How did Kagome take it?” Miroku asked finally.
 
“Like Kagome does. She was a fighter until Kikyo left then she got really afraid, I smelt it all over her.” He sighed, remembering the foul stench. “We need to get Kaeda to train her…and quickly, she only has a year.”
 
“You mean you both only have a year. Maybe.” Miroku said, talking on a serious tone. “And you had better make it a good one for her, what if she's killed in that fight?” Inuyasha suppressed the urge to scream that nothing would happen to her, but he knew otherwise at that moment. Kikyo was a much better fighter and miko then Kagome was, but it was only experience wise. Kagome would toughen up…or die trying…
 
A/N: Short, I know, most of these chapters are, but oh well, at least it's a chapter! Anyways, please check out my forum! It's so lonely, it wants ppl to post in it! (And so do I) Anyways, thx to all of you who do, ja ne!
 
--Nene