InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Misky Dreams ❯ A Little Fight....But Almost There! ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kagome stirred around the rice she was cooking in the frying pan she was holding over the fire she had built when she woke up. Inuyasha was sleeping, and from the look on his face Kagome could gather that he was very tired. `He must have been up all night.' She thought. `If he's really as tired as he looks we won't want to leave for that place today.' She sighed and stirred the rice again. `I'd really like to see what that place looks like to make him think of me. . .I'm completely lost on that. . .'

Inuyasha sniffed the air, and his eyes slowly slid open. Food. He looked over at Kagome as she was biting her lip over the rice she was frying. "How long were you up?"

Kagome looked up at the sun. "I was up at around sunset. . .by the looks of this I was up now for about two hours." She looked at the hanyou.

"You should have waked me up." Inuyasha said as he sat up and slid over by the fire.

"What for? You looked so tired." Kagome said. She took the rice off the fire and got out hr chopsticks and started to eat. She then nodded towards another item that was warming along side the fire. "That's your Ramen. Its all ready, I just left it there to keep it warm until you woke up."

Inuyasha picked up the Ramen and smiled at Kagome. "Thanks."

"No problem." Kagome crossed her legs and started to eat more of her rice. She was pretty much shoveling it down.

"Hungry. . ." Inuyasha smirked as he watched her eat.

"Hey shut up. . ." Kagome warned between bites.

Inuyasha chuckled. "Well I guess you should eat fast because we are soon going to leave. The valley is only three-hour walk from here now. We will be there by lunch at the most." He ate some of his Ramen then looked at Kagome.

"Perfect!" Kagome cheered.

Inuyasha twitched in surprise. "Excuse me?"

"I can't wait, Inuyasha. I really want to see this place." Kagome said. "Can you at least tell me what it is? Is it a river? A valley? Waterfall? Mountain? What is it?"

`All of those packed into one.' Inuyasha thought to himself, he then cleared his throat and smirked. "Sorry Kagome but you'll have to wait and see."

"Well I can't wait any longer! Come on! Lets go." Kagome said as she stood up, knocking all her rice out of the pan.

"Hold on. Kami. Pack up first." Inuyasha said as he shoveled some dirt onto the fire with his claws.

Kagome sighed and started shoving all of the food items that weren't touched back into her backpack. "There." She bucked the clips on her backpack up and then tossed the yellow pack around her back. "I'm ready."

Inuyasha couldn't help but smile. He was so nervous about bringing her to this place. He would have to explain how a place like it could remind him about her. . .and then he would have to tell her how he felt right behind that. `I hate my life.' The hanyou thought as he led the miko off into the forest.

Inuyasha thought about Rin and the yelling he had gotten from her the night before. Little did he know, that little pipsqueak's words really had an effect on him. Since a fourteen year old could pick some sense out of the mess Sesshoumaru had caused, why couldn't he? `I asked for an angel and I got one in the form of a savage little girl.' Inuyasha thought, sweat-dropping.

~

Kagome looked around at the trees, it had been a really long time since they had left camp, and Inuyasha hadn't said a word to her. `Is there something wrong?' Kagome asked herself. `Maybe he didn't really want to leave and he's mad with me. . .no that can't be it. . .'

"Inuyasha. . ." Kagome sighed. "Shut up you talk too much."

"What? I didn't say anything?!" Inuyasha spat at Kagome.

"What's what I meant, baka!" Kagome shot back. She smirked. "And I knew it, there's something wrong with you!"

Inuyasha rolled his eyes. "Iie, there's something wrong with you." He walked on ahead of Kagome.

Kagome stopped walking and crossed her arms. She just watched him walk.

Inuyasha's ears tilted back; he heard no footsteps from behind. He looked back at Kagome who was giving him the death stare pretty much from a few meters behind. "Dammit. Come on Kagome."

"Not until you tell me what's wrong with you."

"There's NOTHING wrong. Ok?" Inuyasha said, he walked back to the miko and took her hand. "Now come on."

"So your not mad at me?"

"Why would I be mad at you?"

"That's what I wanted to hear." Kagome looked ahead of them. "How far away is it?"

Inuyasha scooped Kagome up in his arms. "Just far enough for be to be able to carry you the rest of the ways there."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Chieko-san: Ok, I'm almost done………one or two chapters left.