InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Mistaken Identity ❯ Chapter 10

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer- I don't own Inuyasha & co.

Chapter 10

Two days later

Inuyasha knocked on Sesshomaru's door. "You wanted me, brother?", he asked. He was a little shocked at his brother's haggard expression. Looking at him now, was worse than watching him try to revive her with Tenseiga, and it not working.

"Yes, I did. I wish to perform atooishinjuu*. I wish to die with honor and not to wait, until death claims me. I find I need a kaishakunin*, and since you are the finest swordsman I know, I am asking you. Koga has agreed to witness.", Sesshomaru asked.

Inuyasha nodded, "When?"

"Tonight, after dinner.", he answered. Inuyasha nodded again and left his room, so that Sesshomaru could prepare.

As Sesshomaru bathed and dressed in his white robes, he could feel an odd excitement building. He knew who waited for him.

He went to dinner and enjoyed his last meal. He drank sake and talked of the old days. When he finished eating, his tanto was presented to him.

He wrote his death poem and prepared himself. Then, he opened his kimono and picked up his knife. He plunged it into the left side of his abdomen and drew it across to the right.

He bent over and Inuyasha decapitated him leaving the small band of skin required for ritual seppuku. Then, he threw the sword across the room and howled.

****************************

Sesshomaru felt the pain, then it wasn't there any longer. He was in a long tunnel and he could see a light at the end of it. He could feel her in the light and headed for it, smiling.

*************One Year Later**********

Inuyasha and Kagome walked down the path the Sesshomaru and Meara once took. Kagome walked slowly, she was very heavy with pup.

They made their way down the mountain slowly, past Hanayagura View point, each with their own memories. Kagome suddenly stopped dead and grabbed Inuyasha's hand.

She pointed to the spot, where Meara and Sesshomaru shared their first kiss. There stood Sesshomaru, Meara, and a young boy smiling. Sesshomaru nodded at the newest Inutaiyoukai and his Lady, and the three disappeared.

Kagome stood tears running down her cheeks. She looked to her mate, "They are happy. That's all I wanted to know."

THE END

 

 

** atooishinjuu- following one’s lover into death through suicide *kaishakunin- second