InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Moonless Night ❯ A New Beginning ( Chapter 1 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Moonless Night
 
By: Katie Amori
 
This is my very first fan fiction…so please be kind…but I want to know what you think. I'll be happy to answer questions as I can. Kagome, Inuyasha and the others are in for a wild time…ENJOY!
 
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha…a lot of this first chapter comes from the end of Inuyasha the Movie 2: The Castle Beyond the Looking Glass, both English and fan subbed Japanese versions…I do not own these either.
 
Chapter 1: A New Beginning
 
They stared down into the lake and watched as the Castle Beyond the Looking Glass faded away.
 
“It's all over!” said Shippo.
 
“No, it's not over yet,” muttered Miroku as he gazed down at his right hand where his kazana had reappeared, “Naraku is still alive, let's not forget.”
 
“That's true, but at least we destroyed one thing he was after!” said Kagome cheerfully, “that's something!”
 
“Keh!” shrugged Inuyasha, “Just one isn't enough!”
 
The group stared in wonder as Hachi, Miroku's tanuki servant, and Houjou Akitoki returned after being frozen by Kaguya's spell. They bore the feathered robe of the heavens and Miroku's staff. They explained how these items had mysteriously returned when they awoke. Miroku walked over to stand beside Sango as she stood alone looking out into the valley.
 
“Before he disappeared, I heard Kohaku call you, Aneue.” He said, “It may be small, but it's something to be glad for.”
 
“Thank you, Houshi-sama…” she replied, “I think so, too.”
 
Miroku smiled at her in silence for a moment before turning back up to the sky and saying, “Grandfather…Kaguya was indeed beautiful!”
 
The rest of the group cringed as Sango whipped around to face Miroku, “Houshi-sama, what are you thinking?!” she yelled.
 
Miroku smiled and took her hand, “Don't worry, you are my only tennyo!” he said as he rubbed her hand against his cheek, earning him a well-deserved slap in the face.
 
Kagome smiled and thought, “the shooting star granted part of my wish…the Princess Kaguya in the fairytale returned to the moon…but our journey will continue.” She then ran down the hill where her friends were calling her to leave. “How mean going on without me!” she called.
 
“That's because you were spacing out!” yelled Inuyasha.
 
“What's with that tone of voice?” she yelled back.
 
“Well, we did manage to beat Kaguya, after all” said Miroku.
 
“How about you two stop fighting for today?” scoffed Sango to Kagome and Inuyasha.
 
The group now consisting of: Kagome, the miko from modern times; Inuyasha, the dog hanyou; Miroku, the monk; Sango, the youkai exterminator; Shippo, the young fox youkai; and Kirara, the cat youkai, walked along another dirt road on a new journey to find and destroy Naraku. Kagome stretched and said, “Ah, this is wonderful!”
 
“Oh, that's right!” Miroku said as the recent events finally hit him. He jogged to catch up with Sango. He stopped in front of her, “Sango, us too!” he said as he closed his eyes and leaned in to kiss her. Sango turned four shades of red and screamed causing Inuyasha and Kagome to stop and look back. This earned Miroku his second slap in a matter of minutes.
 
“What are you doing all of the sudden?” she said angrily, still blushing very badly.
 
“What do you think?” he said surprised, “Kagome and Inuyasha did it…why don't we reap the benefits of intimacy?”
 
Kagome and Inuyasha both jumped and turned scarlet. Kagome screamed and covered her ears, “I don't know what you're talking about…I'm not listening…lalalala!”
 
Inuyasha tried pitifully to comfort her, “It wasn't like I wanted to do it to ya!”
 
This only infuriated her and she glared and growled at him, “What exactly is that supposed to mean?!”
 
“I…I…I…mean it wasn't my idea…you're the one that forced yourself on me!”
 
“INUYASHA…SIT BOY!” she interrupted and stomped off.
 
“Oi! What was that for!?” yelled Inuyasha, peeling his face off the ground.
 
Kagome didn't respond and only walked faster. She wanted to put as much space between her and the others as possible and to bide herself some time to think before an angry hanyou bounded after her. Her blush continued to grow darker. She had kissed Inuyasha! Why in the world had she done that? `It was the only way I could have stopped him from becoming a full youkai!' she told herself.
 
`You wanted to kiss him!' another voice in her head said.
 
She gasped at this realization. She really had wanted to kiss him. In fact, she wanted to kiss him again. Then another thought occurred to her…had he kissed her back? Yes…she definitely remembered him muttering her name and returning her kiss as he transformed back into a hanyou. A bolt of electricity had coursed through her as she clung to his haori and kissed him. Just thinking of it was enough to give her goose bumps, to make her tremble and if she had not been walking so fast she was sure her knees would buckle beneath her. But did he feel the same way about her?
 
`Of course, why do you think he kissed you back!' the voice in her head said.
 
But Kagome wasn't sure about this. He had loved Kikyo. He probably still loved Kikyo. How could she ever face him again? She was already pretty sure that her cheeks would remain permanently red. But at that moment an angry hanyou stormed up to head her off after the subjugation had worn off.
 
“Oi, woman! What the hell was that for?” he yelled.
 
She couldn't look him in the eye. “Because…” she said loudly since she couldn't think of a good excuse. She took a chance and turned to look into his bright golden eyes, staring at her, very close to her face. Too close. She became lost in those eyes. She felt her jaw drop slightly. She wanted him to kiss her, to hold her, she never wanted to leave his side again. She couldn't move, she couldn't think. She thought for a moment that he might kiss her as his expression changed from anger to something else. She wasn't sure what it was because he blushed and turned away quickly. He walked off throwing an all-too-familiar “Keh!” over his shoulder. She stared after him, for a moment, thinking. Had he just realized the same thing? She knew he cared about her, she knew he liked her…maybe…more than just a friend.
 
The others had passed them as Kagome and Inuyasha had stood staring at each other. Kagome jogged to catch up and walk beside Inuyasha who was lumbering behind the others. She gazed over at him out of the corner of her eye and caught him looking at his through the corner of his. She took his hand, entwining her fingers with his. He stared at her and blushed. She smiled back at him and squeezed his hand. He grinned as they walked, listening to the young kitsune's chattering with Miroku and Sango up ahead.
Kazana - Miroku's wind tunnel, literally means air void
tanuki - raccoon-dog
Aneue - big sister
tennyo - celestial maiden
miko - priestess
hanyou - half-demon
youkai - demon
haori - Inuyasha's shirt
kitsune - fox