InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Moonlight Confessions ❯ oh ya, that's what I forgot to put! ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
walks out onto stage hello every one and welcome to my fanfiction, Moonlight Confessions. I own no characters in this fic unless I specifically say so, so try to sue me and you will be publicly humiliated. Goodye.
Kagome sat by the dwindling camp fire, humming a song she couldn't get out of her head. She stared into the fire and wiggled her toes a little, to feel the warmth of the dying flame. A long white nightgown is pulled down over her knees, something she would've been scolded for doing in her own time. Looking up, she could see that her other group mates were asleep. Confident that no one would hear her, she started singing quietly.
Late at night when all the world is sleeping
I stay up and think of you
And I wish on a star that somewhere you are
Thinking of me too
She looked up into a nearby tree, knowing the man she loved was in those leafy branches. Smiling, she got up and walked to the base of the tree and continued.
Cause I'm dreaming of you tonight
Till tomorrow I'll be holding you tight
And there's nowhere in the world I'd rather be
Than here in my room dreaming about you and me
Kagome walked toward a clearing, just a few paces away from the tree in which Inuyasha slept, or so Kagome thought.
Inuyasha was watching her from his perch a few feet away.
Wonder if you ever see me
And I wonder if you know I'm there
If you looked in my eyes
Would you see what's inside
Would you even care?
Kagome walked back to the campfire and set down on her sleeping bag, being careful to avoid Shippo. She sighed and stared into the fire for moment, watching as it's light finally subsided. Inuyasha jumped down from the tree, careful not to make a sound.
I just wanna hold you close
But so far all I have a dreams of you
So I wait for the day
And the courage to say how much I love you
Yes I do!
He walked over to her, his silver hair glowing in the light from the moon. “Kagome?” He asked curiously. Kagome started, then settled back down. `Yes, Inuyasha?” She asked, careful not to let him see the blush creeping across her cheeks. “What was that song?” Inuyasha asked softly, almost as if he cared. Kagome's blushed deepened. “Did you like it?” Kagome asked Inuyasha nervously. He took a seat by her, making Kagome eternally grateful the fire had subsided, should Inuyasha see her face. Inuyasha shifted uncomfortably. “Yeah, kinda.” Kagome nodded and continued her song, watching Inuyasha through the corner of her eyes.
I'll be dreaming of you tonight
Till tomorrow I'll be holding you tight
And there's nowhere in the world I'd rather be
Than here in my room dreaming about you and me
Kagome wasn't sure, but she almost swore she could see Inuyasha blushing. She giggled before continuing.
I can't stop dreaming of you
I can't stop dreaming
I can't stop dreaming of you
Late at night when all the world is sleeping
I stay up and think of you
And I still can't believe
That you came up to me and said "I love you"
I love you too!
Kagome had trouble getting out the words `I love you', for it seemed to her as though she were telling him what she had tried to hide for so long. Inuyasha turned to her and arched a curious eyebrow. Kagome shrugged at him and sang.
Now I'm dreaming with you tonight
Till tomorrow and for all of my life
And there's nowhere in the world I'd rather be
Than here in my room dreaming of you endlessly
Kagome got ready for the last part, taking a deep breath she sang for all she was worth.
Dreaming of you tonight
Till tomorrow I'll be holding you tight
And there's nowhere in the world I'd rather be
Than here in my room
I'll be dreaming of you tonight
Endlessly
And I'll be holding you tight
Dreaming...with you...tonight!
Inuyasha's ears flattened uncomfortably as Kagome looked at him with the ebony eyes that seemed to keep him locked in a trance. He leaned towards her a little, and she leaned towards him. Soon, their faces were centimeters apart, and they could each feel their heart beating as though it would burst through their chests. Seconds later their lips touched, and each thought they would burst from happiness. Kagome blushed after they had broken their short, but sweet kiss. Inuyasha watched the ground, his new area of interest and mumbled something about the tree, him, and Kagome. Kagome nodded her head yes, although she wasn't sure what to. A moment later she was in Inuyasha's arms and being carried into the tree. As Inuyasha jumped into the branches and sat Kagome down, he whispered the three words Kagome wanted to hear most, "I love you." With a slight blush, Kagome looked into Inuyasha's golden eyes and said, "I love you too... forever." With that Kagome lay her head on his chest and yawned, as Inuyasha rest his chin on Kagome's forehead. That is how Kagome fell asleep, in Inuyasha's arms, and for the first time in a year feeling completely safe and secure, knowing that Inuyasha loved her.
Okay, I'm a pretty big Selena fan so I decided to put this song in here in her memory, may she rest in piece, and God bless her husband.