InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Mother Kaede ❯ The Poor Widow ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Mother Kaede (Mother Holle)

Tell me a story mother. Tell me one of adventure and love.

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha It is owned by Rumiko Takahashi! nor do I own the storyline. Mother Hole is from the Brothers Grimm.


Prologue:

Once in a quite and peaceful village lived a widow, named Kikyou. She was quite beautiful and looked quite young for her age. People said that it was because she was a miko. Others claimed it was because she at one time was enchanted by a demon. A demon, which felt that she, should never age.

Whatever the reason, Kikyou was someone the villagers looked to for many things. She was their healer and the best one in all the land. And her gift of second sight caused the village leader looked to her for counsel and encouragement.

Usually on a day like this, you would find her in the village helping someone who was ailing, but today is not a usual day.
Because today no one could find the village’s healer, for she went on a personal journey. Every year on this day, she would go on this same journey.

The wind traveled 10 miles east causing her long ebony tresses to flow along with it. She kneeled before the memorial tomb and said a prayer.

“My dear beloved, why were you taken from me?” she whimpered allowing her pain to show. “ I couldn’t save you. The only reminder I have of you is that thing…” she hissed as tears freely fell down her face. She wept for several moments then slowly bowed again and got to her feet.

She took a deep breath and slowly regained her composure hoping that no one would see her in this state.

“I am strong, I still have my powers. I am much stronger than this.” She said to herself bitterly.

Every year she would take this small trek to an abandoned cave, where she met her husband. It was the same cave that she had him buried.

Every year at dawn she would travel alone, and every year she would walk, not travel on horse like she normally would.

Today she would deny herself of all sorts of luxuries, and would endure anything to see his grave. Because this was the only way for her to keep her memories of her love alive. To remember him.

She continued down the path back to her home, wiping whatever evidence of her pain and grief.

“I am not to have feelings.” She spoke to the trees as she continued. She sighed again grateful that she could see her home in a short distance. She shook her head and looked around for activity.

‘Where are they?’ She thought looking around. She then sighed to herself. ‘They are both so lazy, do I have to do everything around here? I am so tired.’


“Kagome! Get up stop wasting time and hurry with your chores.” She screamed hoping that her voice didn’t give way her true feelings.

Another noteworthy thing about the village healer is that she has two daughters. This story is actually not about the healer Kikyou. This story is about the two girls.





Author’s note: I read a fanfic called A Feudal Tale. It is a must read and it made me thing of fairytales and this story came about. If you want me to continue please rate and review. I will put chapter one up tomorrow night.
I hope you like this beginning you can rate and review.