InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Mother Kaede ❯ Yearning ( Chapter 9 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Chapter Nine: Unmistaken Adversary

Disclaimer: I do not own the Inuyasha nor do I own the story line of brothers Grimm. This is a short chapter, so I wanted to prepare you guys for this. I also would like to point out that my roommate/sister joined mediaminer.org and started a fic of her own. Her name is Kellyjo. I am not sure the title but I hope everyone gives her some props.



The monk bowed before his master and long time companion. He had just given him the news that Kagome, daughter of Kikyou the village healer was to be his. The monk did wonder how she caught the attention of the lord's, but he never questioned him. After all, the young lord had good taste. Every person in the village sung praises about the girl. From her beauty down to her voice.

"Your grace, I told them that we will collect her by the end of the month. It seems that she was not present anywhere in the village." The monk reported, waiting for his next assignment.

"Good, Miroku, I want to start preparing for the wedding. Have the maids prepare a room for Kagome. Also I would like you to go over everything with the Steward. Make sure everything is prepared as needed." The Lord Commanded

"Certainly, My lord." The monk said rising to his feet and leaving the room. He had much to do before the wedding.

"Finally, I will not be alone. You will be mine." The man smiled to himself.


---------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------

“It has been ten days since I have been home. I wonder what Kagura is doing right now? Or mother, I wonder what she’s doing. Mother Kaede, do you think my family misses me?” Kagome inquired.

Kagome had enjoyed her time with Kaede. The older woman was wise and taught her much in herbal remedies. She also gave her some pointers on cleaning and how to manage her time.

Kaede also had other gifts. She was very entertaining because she had the power to talk and command little animals. Just the other day, three baby foxes were caught stealing, and Kaede punished them by making them do yard work. Kagome had to hide her laughter, for she didn't want to hurt their tender feelings. Yes working for the woman was very enjoyable for Kagome, The work she did was no where near as tedious as home, and she never had to cook.

It was like a nice long holiday for her. The only thing she wished was that she waited to be with Inuyasha again. She would see in a tree giving her the oddest looks, but he never ventured near her. That both saddened and frustrated her to no end.

Ever since that first kiss she was at a loss with her emotions. His feverous kisses had awakened something in her that didn't want to cool down. She at times was caught daydreaming about the dog-eared man. At night it grew even more pain full. She felt hot, almost like she was burning in the oddest spots. Just the piercing look from his eyes caused her to heat up.

"Don't worry my child, Inuyasha is looking after you. You may not see him, but he is watching you right now." Kaede mentioned while the two of them were out for a walk.

"Then why doesn't he come and visit me. I mean us. You know of him, what is the story about him?" Kagome answered getting frustrated.

"Well, we have known each other for a very long time even before I became the priestess to this village. He was the defender of this village, any beast that tried to attack, he would get rid of. This was the home of his mother. Not all welcomed the protection he gave. In fact one group of young people conspired against and caused him to be sealed to the tree that you released him from."

"How did they seal him, Mother Kneed?"

"Well there was a visiting priestess who didn't know of him. They tricked her into believing that he was evil, and thus she sealed him. While I could tell that he is still protecting the village, he know longer comes here."

"Oh." Was all Kagome could say. "Mother Kaede, I would like to go home now. I do love it hear, however I miss my mother and my sister. Can you tell me how to get home?"

"Kagome, you can get home the same way you got here. You must get through the well. If you go at dawn, you will be safer for the Manticore that resides near the well will be still sleeping. I will wake you before dusk and I will give you a bracelet that will help protect you while you go through the forest. Just make sure you follow the path and follow my instructions about the well and you will be fine."

Kagome smiled and thanked the woman. She was most grateful to her and was glad that she met someone so wonderful. 'Tonight is my last night here. I want to see Inuyasha again.' She thought wistfully while she prepared for bed.

"Kagome, you must sleep now, and don't worry of Inuyasha, I am sure you will see him tomorrow." Kaede said as if reading her mind.

Kagome nodded as she got into bed and within moments fell asleep thinking of her silver haired savior.


End of chapter