InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Mother's Love ❯ The bad news ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"Kagome Higurashi please report to the principal's office immediately." The voice speaker boomed. Kagome looked up from her book and over to the teacher expectantly. The teacher slowly nodded and Kagome picked up her books and notes and made her way to the door. Just as she was about to exit the room the teacher's phone rang startling Kagome. Kagome looked back at the teacher who quickly answered it then she tried for the door again.

This time without interruption she made her way out of the door and down the hall. "They are probably calling me up there about my absences." Kagome thought to herself as she neared the principal's door. As she walked through the door the first thing she noticed was her little brother Sota sobbing in a waiting chair.

Kagome quickly made her way over to him to see what was the matter. "What happened Sota… Why are you crying?" Kagome asked reassuringly.

Sota looked up at his older sister and quickly broke into sobs. Kagome worriedly looked over to the principal to see what was wrong.

"Kagome I am afraid I have some horrible news…." The principal said slowly. Kagome looked over to him shock starting to crawl across her face. "Its about your mother." A million thoughts raced through Kagome's head, each of them showing no hope. Her heart began to beat faster as a tear began to flow down her cheek. "I am afraid there was an accident, and your mother passed away today nearly an hour after you arrived here this morning." Right at that moment it felt like ten thousand daggers had been rammed through Kagome's heart.

"How…. Could this have happened…." She had always thought that her mother would always be there for her. She always thought that her mother would be there for her until the end, until at least the end of her journey! That way she could spend more time with her! Instead of just seeing her in-between visits to the feudal era and to school! No! This has to be some kind of sick and twisted dream! But no it wasn't a dream, it was a fact that her mother was dead and there was nothing to do about it.

~*~

Omg I actually made an ACTUAL chapter to an ACTUAL fanfic. I know its REALLY short, but its just a starter, don't kill me or anything. I don't know how long I am going to put up with this fanfic, it all depends if anybody wants me to. ^.^ Hint: REVIEW!