InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Mou Ichido Dake ❯ Prologue ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha. Inuyasha belong to Rumiko Takahashi-sensei.

Author notes: Sorry if they are OOC. This is my first Inuyasha fic. Sorry if there are any English grammar and spelling mistakes. Gomen ne, minna.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +

Prologue: Be careful what you wish for

It was a bright and sunny day in the Musashi district. To many, life go on as per normal even after the great battle they had witness a week ago. Yet to one, life seemed to have ended. Standing underneath the Goshinboku, a familiar figure in red played with the little ball in his hand. Such a small thing, yet so many people died for it.

"Miroku, Sango, Shippou, Kirara, Kohaku, Kouga, Kagura…….and Kagome." At the thought of the last name, Inuyasha felt tears falling down again. Once, he thought crying was a weakness that he could not show anyone. Now, there was no one else left to see. Never in his wildest dreams, would he expect himself to be the only person to survive the battle with Naraku.

:No, that's not true. There is still Sesshomaru.:

Speaking of which, another silver-haired figure appeared from the shadows. "Crying is unbecoming of you, Inuyasha."

"Urusai, Sesshomaru. What would you know?" Inuyasha snapped.

Immediately, a clawed hand wound itself around his neck, lifting him off the ground. "Don't think you are the only one who lost someone, half-breed. You are such a disgrace to our father's name. Maybe I should just end your pathetic, miserable existence right now." Sesshomaru sneered, tightening his grip around Inuyasha's neck.

If Sesshomaru was expecting a reaction out of his brother, then he must be disappointed. For Inuyasha did not even so much as struggle in his brother's grasp. His body hung limply, his dull golden gaze losing all will and determination to fight. Sesshomaru slowly loosen his grip, watching his half-brother fell onto the ground with a soft thud, angry red bruises marring his pale flesh.

"What do you plan to do with the jewel now, Inuyasha? Would you not wish your companions back?" Sesshomaru asked softly with an uncharacteristic gentleness underlying his tone. Time and Rin has soften his heart and taught him to be a bit kinder to his poor hanyou brother.

Inuyasha fingered the jewel in his palm. "I cannot. If I made a wish with selfish intentions, the jewel will be tainted. Kaede-baba told me so. Even now, the jaki that surround the jewel due to Naraku's taint is still lingering."

Sesshomaru lowered himself and placed his hand on his brother's shoulder. Before the last fight with Naraku, the two brothers had managed to resolve their differences and accepted each other. Now, Sesshomaru only wished to bring some small comfort to his little brother. "Why don't you travel with us back to the Western Lands, little brother? There's nothing for you here already."

Inuyasha lifted his eyes to meet Sesshomaru's gaze. The offer surprised him, and to tell the truth, touched his heart too. Managing a shaky smile, he shook his head. "What's the point, Sesshomaru? The Western land will not accept me anyway. Sometimes, I just wish all these didn't happen. That the jewel never existed. That Onigumo never became Naraku. Then they all wouldn't have died, ne?"

Sesshomaru would have said something, but at that point of time a bright glow from the Shikon no Tama suddenly enveloped the whole clearing. Inuyasha quickly squint his eyes but a sharp pain from hand traveled upwards to his whole body and he swiftly lost consciousness.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +

Hi people, please read and review. No flames please, they will be used to roast marshmallows. Come on, you know you want to press that blue button there. *wink*

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +