InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Moving Up in the World ❯ History Lessons ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

SHE'S BACK FROM THE DEAD!
 
GOD IM SORRY! I could make excuses now but I figure I will let you read this and then do the excuses, you know, after I have wowed you with my magnificent writing skills…
 
Chapter Fifteen: History Lessons
 
 
 
 
Rin sighed for the ten-gazillionth time as she twirled her hair. She was at work, which normally would have thrilled her, what with the fact that “work” now was sitting at a desk, looking at the most gorgeous man alive. Rin slapped a hand over her mouth, had she really just thought that?
 
Today Sesshoumaru had not shown up. She had absolutely no clue where he was, or why, just that he wasn't by her, where she wanted him to be. Horrible thoughts flew through her mind. What if he had been in a car accident? No, surely Inuyasha would have informed her, rubbing everyone's faces in the fact that it had not been him in it.
 
Suddenly a much, much, much worse thought filled her mind. She felt her pencil hit her lap. What if he was with his (A/N: GASP!) GIRLFRIEND! Surely such a rich, smart, and admittedly drop dead gorgeous man would have women lined up to date him! What if he already had a girlfriend! What if he was only escorting her to the banquet! Rin shook her head, who was she fooling, even harboring vague thoughts of any romantic notion between him and her, a homeless person!
 
Rin spent several more moments obsessing when she stumbled across easily the most horrifying thought that she had ever thought about thinking. What if Sesshoumaru was GAY?!?!?! She picked up the pencil and snapped it neatly in two. But who was she to deny it? She had only known him for a month…he could be a totally different person….
 
“Rin… are you okay?” asked a small scratchy voice. Rin fell out of her chair.
 
“Myoga-sama, what are you doing here?” she said from the floor.
 
“Well, some of the intern youkai were having a bit of a disagreement and I thought I would get out of the way…wouldn't want an important part of the company to get harmed, huh?” he rubbed the back of his head oh-so innocently.
 
“Yeah…” she said as she pulled herself up. “Um…Myoga, have you known Sesshoumaru for a long time?” she pried.
 
“Oh I have known Lord Sesshoumaru since before he was even born. I have been an integral part of the Takahashi household since even before Sesshoumaru's mother was…in fact-” Rin interrupted before he could really get started.
 
“Um, then do you think I could ask you a few…things?”
 
“Hahaha. My dear girl, I will have you know that…” he teased, as she looked anxious that he would refuse. “That I am one of the most infamous gossipers in all of Tokyo!” he said sagely. “And I have every piece of information you could ever want.” He said haughtily.
 
“Oh. Well thanks, errr….” She didn't know how to begin, she wasn't exactly used to snooping or gossiping…but this seemed important enough
 
“Heheheh, go on girl.”
 
“Um, what was Sesshoumaru's mother like?” she started with a safer subject than Sesshoumaru's sexuality.
 
“Oh, yes, she was a very fine lady indeed, Literal royalty in these parts. She and her family owned most of Tokyo at one time. She was more beautiful than time permits me to express. She was a sparkling debutante and Lord Inutaisho was a handsome young man who wished to rise in status. However, Sesshoumaru's mother, Inui, was her name, was not one driven by the heart, if you know what I mean.”
 
“No, I'm afraid I'm not exactly sure…” Rin ventured.
 
“She was a woman driven by greed.” Myoga snipped. “She married him for money and he married her for money. At first it was a happy marriage. Sesshoumaru was born into luxury. Unfortunately it was loveless. His father was very prideful of him, yet at that time Lord Inutaisho was a different person. He was bent on making his mark on the world, not on Sesshoumaru's heart, and his mother was unwilling to give up her party life and all her “me time”.”
 
“Oh, poor Sesshoumaru.”
 
“Indeed. He was left with his nanny Jakken and myself most of the time.” Myoga puffed.
 
“So how did…um…the family get the way it is?” Rin prodded.
 
“You mean with Inuyasha and Izayoi? Well after three years of marriage with Inui, Inutaisho met a young woman named Izayoi. She was a waitress in his favorite restaurant. He fell deeply in love with her. I tell you, it completely changed him. However, before they could live their happily ever after, Inui had to be dealt with. Inui became wildly jealous and tried to keep him form happiness. During that year of madness I am sure young Sesshoumaru was very nearly forgotten.”
 
“Oh…” She sighed sadly
 
“After a long while Inutaisho finally told Inui they were getting a divorce. After the divorce, however, Inui was too spiteful and depressed to do anything with her life. She would manipulate young Sesshoumaru and tell him his daddy was hurting her… Eventually Inui committed suicide at the news of Inuyasha's arrival…” Myoga made a sad face. “Lord Sesshoumaru moved in with his father, step-mother, and brother, but I'm afraid there will always be bitterness. Young Lord Sesshoumaru never learned love…” Myoga said sadly.
 
“Oh…dear me…But hasn't Sesshoumaru ever loved anyone else?”
 
“As a younger man Lord Sesshoumaru was highly sought after by the young ladies. However he never could tolerate them for more than one night at a time.” Myoga wiggled his eyebrows as Rin blushed. Of course, his father pushed several rich young ladies under his nose. One came so far as to receive a proposal, however Sesshoumaru left her at the altar…” Myoga looked wistful and then suddenly got a spark in his eyes. “Though I don't believe it was because of any `preferences' of his.”
 
“Oh…heheh.” Rin said, embarrassed at his perceptiveness.
 
“Perhaps you do not know his, but the fact he took you in, and tolerates you is not something normal, none of us are exactly sure why.” Myoga said as he rubbed his balding head.
 
Sesshoumaru
 
 
“Why have you brought me here?” Sesshoumaru barked angrily at a dark figure.
 
“Now, now, what is the matter with me wanting to see an old friend.” Asked the darkened figure as it turned to reveal Narraku in a blindingly white suit.
 
“Hmph. Just get down to business, I have work to do.” Said Sesshoumaru.
 
“Well, you see, it's about project Shikon.” Narraku toyed. Sesshoumaru perked angrily at the word `Shikon'.
 
“What about project Shikon?” Sesshoumaru said in a deadly tone.
 
“Well I was thinking, unless you do me a little favor, then I am going to destroy project Shikon.” Narraku said almost playfully as he twiddled his fingers.
 
“You don't have the power to destroy project Shikon.” Sess retorted with a sneer.
 
“Hehehe. You can come out my friend.” Narraku said viciously.
 
“Why hello Sesshoumaru.” said Kikyo, who was obviously quite pleased at it all.
 
“Well, that's easy enough to fix, I will just destroy her.” Sesshoumaru growled.
 
“Ah, ah, ah.” Kikyo palmed a glowing red item. “For you see, I hold your brother's heart in my hands.”
 
Sesshoumaru knew what that was, it was a hybrid of the Shikon jewel, forged with a shard, and his brother's love. Why did his damn brother have to be such an idiot?
 
“Damn it.” He slammed his fists. “What is this favor?” He said lowly. He knew he was just going to have to play along for a while.
 
“Oh it's quite simple…this time. You just have to take someone of my choosing to the banquet.” Narraku snickered.
 
“Fine, who?” Sesshoumaru barked.
 
“Me.” Kagura said as she slid out from behind the curtain, hiding her face behind a fan. Sesshoumaru realized what this meant…he was going to have to tell Rin…
 
TBC!!!
 
 
WARNING: PLOT TWISTS AHEAD.
 
 
 
I ADORE ALL OF YOU! PLEASE DON'T BADGER ME FOR BEING A BAD BAD BAD AUTHORESS~
 
You don't have to yell at me for not updating, I'm already yelling at myself.
Hey, at least you guys know I WILL finish it. Even if it takes FOREVER, at least I wont drop it like a dead fish like some authors. NONE of my stories are dead fish. This story is my priority and obviously I'm having a hard time getting to it. This summer you can begin to expect regular updates once again. Trust me, I may have a life now, but that wont last long! BWAHAHAHAHA!
 
Mwah! Bye I'm gonna read some fanfics the do my research paper (a.k.a. the baby-eater. Just a little nickname I thought up)
 
LOVE ALWAYS,
Kitkat07
 
p.s. I should have added more on this chapter… but I mean it was such a great ending point! I think I will start chappie 17 to make it up.
 
p.s.s. My kitten died OH THE PAIN! Everyone send one up there for my little Weazer.