InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My First, My Last, My Only ❯ Love At First Sight ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

My First, My Last, My Only
Chapter One: Love At First Sight
By: OhJoy

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

The morning sun felt warm on my face. I so loved my breakfast nook. It has been my sanctuary, really. I've always liked to get up early most mornings, like six am, to clear my head and create my day.

 

My coffee was hot and tasted yummy. I have much to think through. I avoided really thinking at all last night. Sigh. I have to admit that I'm a little scared. I fingered the little velvet box on my table. Sigh. What do I want? InuYasha has always been there for me. He's been my best friend ever since... ever since.

 

I remember the first time I ever saw his face. I was four. It was my first day at pre-school and I was upset, confused. My mom left me at this strange place...

 

"Kagome," the strange lady said. She was talking to my Momma. She kneeled down to me and smiled warmly. "My name is Miss Suijin. You're gonna play with us today while your Momma goes to work for a little bit, okay?"


I was crying. I was scared. But this lady seemed nice and my Momma was talking to her. I looked at my Momma. She was smiling. She squatted and looked at me, wrapping her arms around me, "Sweetie, Momma has to go to work. I promise I'll pick you up when I'm all done. You be a good girl for Miss Suijin. She's the boss. You listen to what she says, okay?"


I nodded mutely. I felt so alone, my Momma was leaving me. I didn't understand. She squeezed me and kissed my tear-stained cheek. "I'll see you at five-thirty, sweetheart. Momma loves you big big much." Then she was gone. I wailed. I screamed. I didn't understand. Why did my Momma leave me?


Miss Suijin took my hand and led me to a room with other children about my size. I was still crying and confused, but I stopped screaming. Now I was scared of all the new kids. But... wait... they were playing with toys... lots of toys...


A boy with the brightest laughing eyes came up to me, "Hi!" He smiled sweetly. He was bigger than me.


Miss Suijin kneeled down again and said, "Kagome, this is InuYasha."


I lowered my head a bit and looked up at him through my bangs, "Hi."


"C'mon, girl! Let's go play!" he grabbed my hand and we ran off to the big box of toys.


I peaked inside. Wow, lotsa toys! Dolls, trucks, cars, blocks, lots!


"Go on, girl. Pick one already so we play!" he said to me.

 

I stood up straight and looked at him square in the eye, "My name is not 'girl'! It's Kagome. Kah-go-may." I poked him in the chest with every sound of my name.


He rubbed the back of his neck and looked confused. "Feh." He grabbed a red fire truck from the box and said, "Hurry up already, Kah-go-may."


I giggled and grabbed a stuffed animal, a fluffy white dog. He grabbed my hand and we ran over to a group of kids that were sitting on the carpet in a corner.


I've known InuYasha all my life. He's always been my protector. My best friend. My love. We saw each other nearly every day. That is until the summer before our sophomore year in high school. I was devastated. He had to spend the next year in Japan...

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -