InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My First, My Last, My Only ❯ Summer of Love, Part III ( Chapter 15 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

My First, My Last, My Only
Chapter Fifteen: Summer of Love, Part III
By: OhJoy

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

”Mm, take me to bed,” I murmured with my eyes closed, curling my body into the heat.

I relished the feel of a strong arm about me. I wanted to fuck. I needed to feel the weight of a hot body on top of me. The warm arms held me closer to him and nuzzled my neck. Arching my back to crush my chest against his, I wrapped my arms around his neck to fist my hands into that shoulder length hair.

Imagine my surprise when I hit a loose braid instead. Braid? Long?

”C'mon, love, let's go to bed,” InuYasha whispered in my ear.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


”Inu... Yassshhhaahhh,” I sighed into his hug.

Those wondrous arms wrapped around me just a little tighter and I melted even further into him. His hand went up through my hair and tangled his fingers in the heavy tresses. I laid my head down on his shoulder, a delicious wave of comfort and security washed over me. He made me feel so safe and protected. Like an earthquake could happen and, in his arms, everything would be fine.

”Let's go to bed, love,” he repeated, softly nuzzling my neck, his mouth lightly hovering over his mark. Not exactly kissing, just enough to take me to the edge.

Mm... now I certainly liked the sound of that. He pulled back a little and took my hand in his. He led me back through the house where I saw a sly smile on Arimi's face as I passed her. Then a few feet later InuYasha got a shoulder clap and that knowing male nod from Miroku. Damn, was it so obvious what I wanted? I sighed. Of course, how could it not be?

That was the moment I decided against sex, instead to only sleep with InuYasha. My carnal desires aside, I wanted to take a night to relish the feel of sleeping safely in InuYasha's arms. He closed the door behind us and pulled me back into his arms. Before he could drug me with his heady kisses, I put both my hands on his chest for some distance and leverage.

”InuYasha, I just want you to hold me tonight. Can you do that?” I asked, my voice just above a whisper. Hold on, Kaggs, brace yourself for rejection or laughter or worse - arrogance.

The room was lit only by the light coming from his en suite bathroom. His eyes barely discernible. A long moment passed. In his eyes, I saw disappointment flash for a second then love flooded them. A small wave of relief soothed my worries.

”Of course, love. I can do anything so long as I get to wake up next to you,” he replied.

My word, but did that just melt my heart. A small smile played on my lips before I remembered Koga saying something similiar to me. Sigh. Then the reality of both guys came crashing down on me. Of course, they both promised me that because their physical urges were being satisfied elsewhere.

I mentally shook myself. No, I wasn't gonna go there. I was going to enjoy sleeping in the warmth of InuYasha's arms and relish waking up to his amber eyes. Opening a drawer from the dresser on the far wall, he pulled out a pair of boxers and a t-shirt and tossed them to me with only a small smile. Mm. It was like we were thirteen again. We were going to laugh and talk in bed and fall asleep next to one another. Gods. How I missed this part of our relationship.

I turned my back on him and began changing into the clothes he gave me. I stepped out of my heels, leaning on the bedpost for a little support. As I lifted my other foot to remove my shoe, I happened to glance at the TV screen. The TV was off but with the light coming from the bathroom behind InuYasha, the large screen was more like a mirror. And InuYasha was standing there leaning against the dresser watching me as he slowly changed his clothes to comfy bed clothes. Hm. I was thankful for the small present he just gave me... that he still was attracted to me despite all other outward appearances. And here I was suffering all this time. What an idiot. I guess physical attraction just didn't fade away in one afternoon.

Mm, so I thought I'd make it worth his while. I removed my top and tossed it off to the side. Running my hands down my side to my waist then lingering on my hips, I unzipped my skirt and stepped out of it and tossed it near my top. I stood in my red lacy bra and panty set with my back facing him, but giving him a full frontal reflection in the TV screen. As seductively as I could imagine myself to be, I stretched my arms up towards the ceiling and arched my back. Then I bent forward from the waist, keeping my knees locked, to touch my toes. A little moan here, soft `mm' there for added effect.

Don't ask me how I got so bold... next I took off my bra. I undid the clasp from behind and hugged myself with one arm underneath my breasts. Rolling one shoulder the strap fell, then I brushed the other one off and slowly let it fall away from me. I ran my hands over my breasts ever so lightly. I reached over and pulled his t-shirt on me. A brilliant idea sparked in my mind. I knew I was playing with fire... but hey, he's the voyeur, gotta make it fun. And besides, I really wouldn't mind if we did have sex tonight anyway. I slipped off my little red thong and kicked it over in the general direction of the rest of my clothes. I bent fully at the waist as I reached over for the boxers shorts to put on. Once on, they barely stayed up and hung low on my hips.

I heard a grunt behind me and InuYasha marched off to the bathroom slightly undressed. His shirt was off, leather pants unzipped and a suspicious tent in his boxers. Was I a little over the top? Did I just totally turn him off? Or was he embarrassed?

The questions came tumbling out and my head grew heavy. I sighed. It sounded like he was taking a shower. Geez. So much for my strip tease. I crawled into his thousand count Egyptian cotton sheets. Mm, his bed was so soft and welcoming. I snuggled underneath and grabbed a pillow to hug close. I stared off into the ceiling waiting for his shower to end and for him to join me in his bed.

After what seemed like an eternity, the water shut off and a few minutes later he emerged from the bathroom. I felt the bed shift under his weight and turned to him.

”Hey,” I greeted him softly.

He scooped me into the warmth of his arms. I settled into the crook of his arm and laid my head on his shoulder.

”Kagome, you are a minx,” he whispered. “I had to take a long cold shower and mediate just so I can hold you like I promised.”

I hugged him close to me and offered a small squeeze in apology, “InuYasha, I didn't mean to be a tease. I just wanted to see if you were still attracted to me or not.”

”What!” he exclaimed. “How can I not be attracted to you, you idiot?”

”You just shut it off since I asked us to be just friends,” I defended myself... lamely. “I didn't understand how you could just not want me anymore.”

His hand began to twirl a lock of my hair. He kissed my forehead in a sweet and tender way. I felt his breath, warm against my skin. The even rise and fall of his chest was a soothing background to the rhythmic thud-thud of his heartbeat.

”Kagome, I just didn't know any other way to show you that I want so much more with you than sex,” he said softly. “Sure, I would love to have sex with you. But my Gods, just the feel of you in my arms right now means so much to me. I've been dying to hold you like this since forever.”

”Mm,” I sighed. I wanted to hear what else he had been thinking. I had gotten so caught up in what I thought everything was rather than just asking him what was up.

”I love you, Kagome Higurashi,” he said softly.

My body just melted into his. His soothing scent, the cadence of his voice, the warmth of his arms... all of it was softly lulling me to sleep. I wrapped a leg around his.

”Mm... love you, Inu...Yasha Taka.. hashhheeeee,” I murmured.

”I can't wait for the day when it will be just you and me, love,” he continued. “Until then, if all I can get is your friendship, I'll gladly take it.”

I'm not sure if he said anything else. Probably. But that was all I remembered hearing before I felt the calm of sleep claim me.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

At first, I was confused as to where I was. I felt arms tighten around me and pulled me closer to a warm body. I looked down to see whose arms are wrapped around me, but the blanket covered them.

”Sh, love, it's still early.”

Ah, yes. It was InuYasha!

I snuggled into him, wiggling my bottom against him earned a soft growl to still my movements. My head throbbed a little. And I scrunched my forehead, willing myself to remember what happened last night.

Vague memories flashed through my mind. Arimi. Pre-party at Hiten's. Kissing and flirting with Hiten all night. Ew, how did I manage that one? Dancing at Kaminari. After party at InuYasha's. Ah. I cracked open my eyes again. I was in InuYasha's bedroom. In his bed. In his arms. Was there any place I'd rather be?

Early morning light peeked in between his plantation shutters. A soft sigh escaped him as he held me close.

”I love you, InuYasha Takahashi,” I said, my voice soft and full of lifelong memories.

”I love you, Kagome Higurashi. With all my heart and my soul. Now go to sleep,” his voice was a little more firm. He gave a squeeze to emphasize his point.

Hm. The summer was looking brighter already.

In the next couple of weeks, most of the talk of InuYasha's conquests faded away. I ended up cancelling on Hiten - much to Arimi's dismay. She didn't understand why I was hanging out with InuYasha and not having sex with him. I wasn't sure why either. I mean, I wanted to. But for whatever reason, it seemed as though InuYasha was trying to prove a point to me by hanging out with me and not trying anything more than kissing me. It almost felt like he was wooing me, courting me.

There was still a small doubt that I couldn't shake, that plagued me as I lay alone in my bed at night. We hung out almost every day. But there were a few evenings when I didn't hear from him and he wasn't out with our friends. I didn't want to think that he was with Nazuna or anyone else. And at the same time, I didn't want to ask him, to voice my distrust. After all, we didn't have a commitment. He never asked me to be his girlfriend or not to see anyone else. All we did was kiss. I never slept over his house after that one night. And he never asked me to either. Maybe that was what really bothered me. In a way, he was a little like Koga.

One afternoon when we were lounging poolside at Miroku's, it was Movie Marathon at Miroku's. He asked me the dreaded question.

”Kaggs...” he began.

”Mm,” I answered.

I didn't bother to open my eyes as I lazily toed the water. I was lying on my stomach with my head on his lap and his legs dangling in the pool, the water halfway up to his calves. He was tracing random patterns on my back. This way, then that way. Soothing, entrancing, loving.

”Why don't you wear my necklace anymore?”

Hm. Why don't I?

”Uh, I don't really know,” I started. I stilled all movement as I thought about it. “I took it off the night Houjo had his party when I was getting ready at home with Arimi. She told me about you and Nazuna. I was upset and took it off. I hadn't put it on since.”

”Mm,” was the only response I got.

”Does it bother you that I don't wear it?”

”Yeah, actually it does,” he stated quietly, he stopped the caresses on my back. “When I gave it to you, I told you that it was a symbol of us... of our love. Do... do you not believe that I love you?”

”No, I know you love me, InuYasha,” I said. I sat up and faced him. Looking into his golden eyes, I saw the longing in his heart. “I just put it away and, honestly, forgot about it until just now, is all.”

”Out of sight, out of mind?” came his rueful response.

”I suppose that's one way to look at it. Would you like me to wear it again?” I asked. I held his hands in mine, running my thumbs over his knuckles.

”When you're ready, wear it to show me your love,” he whispered over my lips just before he captured my mouth in a soul-searing kiss.

Oh, that kiss. Mm. His kisses were like nothing else on this Earth. In fact, I believed that his kisses were my little piece of the Heavens. His mouth tasted faintly of the chips and guacamole we snacked on earlier, but there was an underlying spice that was uniquely InuYasha. My tongue sought out more of that tantalizing spice. We explored each other's mouthes until were we left panting. I rested my forehead against his, waiting for my breath to become even.

”By the Gods, get a room you two!” Miroku exclaimed as he splashed us. Laughter sprinkled the air as I squealed, pretending to hide behind InuYasha.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Happy birthday to me. Happy birthday to me. Happy birthday to me. I sang to myself as I got ready. Tonight, InuYasha was taking me out to my favorite restaurant, the Little Door, and we were going to celebrate my birthday in style with all our friends.

InuYasha gave me an early birthday present: The dress I wore for the evening. I had to hand it to him, it looked spectacular on me and fit me like a glove. It was a blood red sleeveless Asian style beauty that had a high Mandarin collar and a slit halfway up my left thigh and an embroidered dragon across my chest in the same blood red thread. Subtle and lethal. What a combo. I paired it with three-inch pumps that matched the same shade of red perfectly.

Arimi wore her favorite pair of black leather pants, stiletto pumps and an off-the-shoulder top in black. I eyed her in her semi-dominatrix gear.

”Arimi, you look hot in a dominatrix sort of way,” I murmured as I twisted my hair up and secured it with a pair of shiny black chopsticks.

She laughed, “I like to be in control, Kaggs. Didn't ya know?”

I also loved how simply gorgeous Eri looked in her black rayon dress and Mary Janes. Eri was a simple girl, but always beautiful.

Eri joined with the barbs, “Believe me I say she used to whip Hiei's ass!”

We had our fun at Arimi's expense and she was good humored about it, not taking any of it seriously.

”Honey,” my mom knocked on the door and opened it a bit. Smiling she announced, “Sango called while I was on the phone. Her meeting went a little longer than she expected. She'll meet you guys at the restaurant. InuYasha and Miroku just pulled up in a limo.”

”Thanks, Momma,” I smiled.

”You look lovely dear,” she said, her eyes approving the dress.

”Mrs. H, would you tell Yash we'll be down in a few minutes?” Arimi asked.

With a short nod, my mom gave me a quick hug and left us to primp some more.

Walking into the living room, we found InuYasha and Miroku chatting with my mom. I smiled when I saw that she had a camera in her hand to document the night.

My breath caught in my throat when I saw what InuYasha was wearing. He looked unbelievably gorgeous. He wore a black silk shirt with a Mandarin collar and blood red buttons that matched perfectly with my dress. He paired the shirt with black dress slacks and black monk strap shoes with a shiny silver buckle. His hair was pulled back in a low ponytail and held by a strip of blood red leather. His eyes roamed my body appreciatively, softly sweeping each curve and lingering just enough on each to tell me that he certainly liked what he saw.

Stepping into his warm arms, he whispered in my ear, “You are breathtaking, love.”

”I was thinking the same of you,” I said softly in his ear.

Miroku looked nearly as dashing in his deep purple silk button up shirt, black dress trousers and simple loafers. His shoulder length hair recently cut in a spiky shag. His ears adorned with several small gold hoop earrings. The prayer beads around his right wrist were a deep purple shade, almost black. Nice touch.

”Gather `round, kids. I want pictures,” my mom gestured with her arms for us to stand by the fireplace.

I stood with InuYasha's arm at my waist, he dropped a soft kiss behind my ear. Miroku on the other side of me with Arimi on his other side and Eri on InuYasha's other side.

My mom looked through the viewfinder before she said, “Get a little closer, kids.”

We all scrunched a little closer together before we got blinded by several flashes going off. Just as we were getting ready to leave, the doorbell rang and my little brother let in a small army of florist delivery guys carrying the most exquisite bouquets of stargazer lilies. Okay, not an army. Just four guys that held two vases in either hand.

Eri and Arimi filled the air with their `oh' and `ah.' They helped my mom place them around the room so the florist delivery army guys had more space. They deposited the floral arrangements on any horizontal surface they could find in the living room only to turn around and bring in more bouquets. Until the bouquets totaled nineteen.

”InuYasha, again?” I rolled my eyes in a flattered good humored way, my eyes saying `been there, done that.'

”Uh, these aren't from me, Kaggs,” he said slowly, confusion etched on his face... and a touch of jealousy?

Miroku and Eri were in a conversation on the other sie of the couch that I couldn't quite here. He was softly stroking a petal and Eri was looking up into his face with a silly smile plastered on her face. Oh, no, Eri. Don't fall for his charms!

The head of the army of florist delivery guys had me sign for the delivery while another guy handed a video tape to my mom. She popped it into the VCR. We all stood still as the florist delivery guys exited with a chorus of `happy birthdays.'

The blue screen of the TV faded into black and the melodic sound of a masculine voice floated into the air. Singing with emotion, one of my favorite songs, “You Are So Beautiful.”

Oh. My. It was Koga.

Koga did this.

The black screen faded away and Koga was leaning on a stool wearing a pair of dark indigo jeans, biker boots, and a sapphire blue button up silk shirt that just made his cerulean eyes shine likes the stars in the night sky. He was singing a cappella. I never knew he had such an amazing voice. The emotions that played across his gorgeous face... as if he meant every word in the song.

You are so beautiful to me
Can't you see

You're everything I hoped for
You're everything I need
You are so beautiful to me
You are so beautiful to me

You are so beautiful to me
Can't you see
You're everything I hoped for
You're every, everything I need
You are so beautiful to me


When the song ended, his voice was clear when he said, “Happy birthday, angel. I miss you so much. I hope you have a great celebration today. I love this day, not just because it marks the day you were born. But because it marks the day you came into my life.”

Still shots from my birthday last year filled the screen. Fading from one to the other. Photographs I had forgotten were taken, some I never even saw until now. The first was a photo of Koga kissing my hand when we were first introduced. All of us at the dinner table lit by candles. A photo of all of us with our wine glasses raised in a toast. A photo of me blowing out my candle on that ridiculous seven-layer chocolate cake. Then a photo of the candle blown and the silly cheers for my feat. Random photos from the dinner. Koga and I dancing. My head on his shoulder as he held me in his arms. A photo of me staring up into his eyes. Then more photos of me and Koga... at the premier of his film, at the after-party where he fed me cake. Photos of us at various clubs, bars or parties. Me and him laughing at Central Park on a sunny afternoon. On a ferry going around the Statue of Liberty. And the final photo of him holding me as I slept on the flight from Milan while he twirled a lock of my hair, his chin pressed against my forehead, his eyes closed and a contented smile on his face.

The image faded to Koga speaking, a warm smile on his face, “It's been an amazing year getting to know you, Kagome Higurashi. I can't wait to see you again. Come back to me, so I can show you just how much I've missed you.”

The camera held still on his handsome face. Off camera, we hear the director call out, “And cut.”

The camera was still on Koga, he visibly relaxed and ran a hand through his hair. The camera zooms in for a close-up shot of his handsome face and he was near tears.

”You okay, man?”

”Yeah,” Koga said softly, hastily wiping away the tears with the back of his hand. “I never thought I could miss her so much.”

”That's what love'll do to you...”

”Yeah...”

Fade to black.

My mom handed me tissues. I didn't realize I was crying.

”I can't wait to meet him, honey,” my mom said gently, giving me a squeeze.

I gave her a small smile and dabbed my eyes with the tissue. I caught InuYasha's expression: Cold stone wall.

Arimi came up to me and said with much envy, “Wow. Koga's stock rose major points with that.”

I excused myself to freshen my face in the bathroom. The tears ran freely once I closed the door. I leaned on the counter and shook myself. Oh, my Gods.

There was a soft knock before I saw Arimi open the door a little, “You okay, sweetie?”

”Yeah.”

”Can I come in?”

”Sure.”

Sigh. How come every other guy falls in love with me except for InuYasha? Or was Koga just acting? I didn't know what was real anymore.

”Sweetie, why are you sad?” Arimi's voice was laced with concern. “That was the most amazing thing I've ever seen.”

”I know, huh?” I sighed, again. “The whole time I was thinking why couldn't InuYasha be like that? Or why couldn't I be totally into Koga? And why couldn't Koga be that way to me all the time? Why did the two men I spent the most time with have to be such players?”

Arimi moved closer and put her arm around me, “Anyone hot is a player. That's what being young is all about. We can slow down and settle down when we're thirty... or Hells maybe not til we're forty.”

”You sound like Sango,” I chuckled, my mood instantly lighter.

“Oh, yeah?” she smiled. “I think I'm really going to like her. I can't wait to meet her.”


To be continued...
 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 
Thank you for reading my story!

For those of you waiting... the wait will soon be over... Yes! Sango is going to meet Miroku in the next chapter!! Cheeks will be
groped, fondled, no, I mean slapped, uh... yeah.

I must say that this story has the craziest, most self-expressed reviewers! I feel like I'm getting to know all of you so well. ;) Go read the reviews on FF .net for a hoot and a holler.
 
Oh, and for those of wondering when I'm going to update `My Little Ninja' -- that won't happen until this story is complete.

E-mailed/IM reviews or comments on my blog

Orlando's Girl, Kagome-05, GeorgeyGurl, Egyptian Kiss, Haley, Ginny.


Media Miner . org
Night_Miko, inu2kag86, InuYashasLoveLorn, Sakura930.

Fan Fiction . net

MoonlightHayou, kaffeine-buttocks, xxXDarkSlayerXxx, Kagome-Chan-Girl, Katie's cousin Megan, Miroku's-World, TwiztidJuggalette, Anime-Girl-of-04, Mini Nicka, Jade Catseye, HiEi JaGaNsHis FlAmE, toboe's-Fan, Inudemoness89, Jolaine, fire, Tarzan, Savannah Griffin, inulova4lyfe, xHikari-808x, Bram, xXlovablekdXx, maboroshi kaji1, wh00t, Mandy, pirate-miss, khstennis01, Kasha-TheInuFreak, Julie.O, DragonMisstress325, lilxneko, bitchgotgame, Inuyasha'smainsqueaze, Hoshi-chan1, erica6060, fruitcake, Yana, deadlyabyss12, InuGoddess.


Ja ne!
:) Joy