InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My Friend, My Lover ❯ Mesmerized ( Chapter 1 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
They had gone hunting together every fifth spring for the last three-hundred years. This time should not have been different than any other, but it was and it made him nervous. The Son of the Western Lands should not have been nervous about anything, especially something so mundane as hunting with the Son of the Eastern Lands.

He could remember the first time they had gone hunting together. He was still a pup then, and Ryuukotsusei and not yet grown into his scales. They were just children playing a grown-up’s game, but no more. Before he had left, Touga’s father had declared that he was no longer a child. He was a man, and so was his dragon friend. His father could not have imagined how right he was.

The sight of Ryuukotsusei drawing his blade across the belly of a lesser youkai made him feel strange, light-headed. Touga envisioned his mother and father standing side-by-side. He saw the woman he was betrothed to since birth, a delicate moon sitting high upon her brow, and none of it made any sense.

Ryuukotsusei stuck his hand into the belly of beast he had slain. His fingers, long and scaly and tipped with deadly black claws, came away coated in blood. He let some of the blood drip onto his forked tongue, sampling of his first kill of the day. Touga wanted to tear his eyes away from the dragon, but he could not. He was mesmerized by his fellow youth, his ally, his dearest friend. The way the dragon’s eyes were lidded slightly, the way his long tongue was dipping slightly over his bottom lip. There was no sight like a dragon savoring his kill, though the dog had been too young and naïve to realize it before.

Touga went to stand beside Ryuukotsusei, casting the dragon and his kill into his intimidating shadow. Outwardly he stood tall and proud, just as he had been taught. Inside, he was reeling.

He did not stop to think. He just acted.